1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Glass004

Glass004 Consumer Advocate

I now have no IQ to take pics of. The manufacturer made that rec and it worked well for me. It got the black goubers out. I guess you are going to have to take our word that the technique works.

2. Volteric

Volteric Well-Known Member

I've raved about the IQ for good Reason but here are a few things I really don't like about the IQ in my experience:

1) 5 click on/off. Total pain in the ass.

2) battery indicator is unreliable

3) pearl spacer is only good in theory. Laughable in practice. Not to mention it will propbanly tear off if you screw with it.

4) vibrate is too chintzy sounding. Like a cheap vibrator.

5) the mouthpiece is prone to flying out when opening lid. Poor design for swappable a mouthpiece.

6) filling the "flavor" chamber doesn't do anything in terms of enhancing flavor.

3. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Active Member

Tangerine in the IQ. Keeping it classy with a glass of wine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Reggie Watts

Reggie Watts Well-Known Member

#5 has never happened to me, and #4 is nitpicking. Agree with the rest.

Edit: I only use the straw mouthpiece. Maybe that happens with the flat one.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Davinci_vaporizer likes this.
  5. lovecrush

lovecrush http://goo.gl/EsKJzJ

6. stark1

stark1 Wigs not included

@Davinci_vaporizer

At the Davinci website, in creating an account, the required last name field is missing......:hmm:

Also, there seem to be some issue with the bottom fields.

The upshot of the missing field is an error message: "Last name field is required".

A catch 22.

I would also like to know how to get credit for having taken part in the 2nd Davinci survey; & how
    to register one's iQ.:nod:

Thanks!

7. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Gee guys, I've had my Ascent for 3 years without problems - this IQ looks like more trouble than it's worth (literally) :huh:

Vaporcussion and WeAreVenom like this.
  8. stark1

stark1 Wigs not included

I hope that my unit will not develop this problem
    (Reddit pix)

[​IMG]

9. purplek

purplek 710

I picked up two batteries with my store credit and found this sticker on one of them. They're advertised as 3500mAh on the site. Has anyone else noticed this?

[​IMG]

10. Bruvapor

Bruvapor New Member

This image is very disconcerting to me. Ceramic is manufactured using particle masks so as to no inhale the powdery ceramic - apparently it is very bad for your lungs.

Now, DaVinci has already come back to say that all of the units will have a single, perfectly straight crease as part of the manufacturing process. In the above image, that is the crease to the left. I too have this. I am not concerned about that one as much.

But, @Davinci_vaporizer should we be concerned with ceramic cracking? How do you theorize this could have happened given that the units were stressed tested. Hoping it is an isolated event.

vapen00b, lovecrush and stark1 like this.
  11. stark1

stark1 Wigs not included

Now where did that missing AmpHour go? :shrug:

12. Vaporcussion

Vaporcussion Well-Known Member

Well I love my IQ, but you make valid points here.

They are going to address the 5 click on/off in a app update. Hopefully they can just switch it with the boost, so it's Hold Down for on/off, and 5 clicks to enter/exit boost mode.

Who even uses boost mode? I would use it with precision if I could choose how much it jumps up, ala Crafty boost...

Hoping they also give us actual battery percentage as well, as the icon is unreliable. On the unit would be nice, but at least in the app.

The pearl, like many a girl, is not all she's made up to be......

They are coming out with better spacer options, so that pearl may end up not being dumped (no pun intended) One thing the pearl is good at is burning your fingernail :))

Yeah, I prefer the lower pitched vibration on my Mighty, this one is a bit "nervous" sounding to me, but whatever...

With the stem mouthpiece, you have to try not to push down and unseat it; I've had the rubber come off, many times.

I find that it's the flat mouthpiece that works best; it doesn't move or come unseated. Also, you can stand the unit upside down immediately after vaping and open the lid to let heat out. With the stem, you'd have top lay it down. Also, it stands while loading.

The empty flavor chamber does cool the vapor, not sure why they built up the hype of putting buds in there. Maybe mint or something would work, if you're into that. Btw, has Davinci or anyone come up with a reliable way to remove the chamber without just the lid coming off? I tried the method of sticking the poker in further to unseat the whole chamber, but it was hit or miss. The lead to my metal casing pulling up. I'm not happy leaving it like this and think Davinci should be open to reseating it for me. It's only going to get worse....

I have to agree with you! Other than the wispy draw, it performed flawlessly, And it needs to be said, the battery life was incredible, right up there with Mighty and Pax 2, if not longer.
    It also had the characteristic where, even if the battery was blinking almost empty, if you shut it off and come back later, you get another session.
    Also, the larger size meant you could avoid the heat at bottom by holding at top.

However, IQ is smaller, thicker hits, and even better flavor! Hoping they come out with a heat resistant sleeve to hold it.

Glass004, Volteric and vapen00b like this.
  13. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Active Member

Gsc in the Davinci IQ. Drinking a Xocoveza and watching Investigative Discovery.Pretty cold for Fl standards but still kicking it on the porch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. slcbdco

slcbdco Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

Thanks for that explanation! Exactly opposite of what I thought which was that the herb in the chamber was getting treated with a "convection" effect as the hot air pass over. I should get my IQ today so I'll keep that in mind.

ShayWhiteGrow and turk like this.
  15. turk

turk turk

....no problem...glad I could assist...boy there seems to be a lot of negativity on many threads...there is no perfect vape...nothing on this planet is...in my youth I've rolled joints from a brown paper bag...

16. stark1

stark1 Wigs not included

Our Commandant-in-chief-2-B is (he sez).

Long live the Commandant! :smug:

He could use a coupla iQs.:myday:

17. almost there

almost there Member

I'm trying to find out myself, been trying to register my IQ for a month and the site still isn't letting me upload the my receipt from Vape World. I would love to get a spare battery. ​

18. Southern Chef

Southern Chef Well-Known Member

I can't get my receipt to upload either. I bought it direct from them but they still want the receipt. Oh well.

Trulukkyphrank likes this.
  19. purplek

purplek 710

I have no idea! It makes me question whether the IQ ships with 2500 mAh or 3500 mAh battery.

20. Mixio

Mixio IlVaporOne

I have the same problem...I thought was only dirty :mad::rolleyes:
    Damn:mad::mad:

WakeAndVape, stark1 and AJS like this.
  21. rudedawg420

rudedawg420 New Member

Is anyone experiencing this.?
    Halfway thru my sesh i try to connect to the app. When i do that my vape connects for about 5 seconds and it turns off but the heating chamber stays heating my herb to the point that it combusts it. I push the buttons to turn it back on and it wont turn on but the heating chamber is extremely hot. I can get deep draws even tho my vape looks turned off but holding my vape is extremely hot. I try turning the vape back on so that i can turn it off but it wont turn back on. I have to take my battery out and let it cool down cuz it gets very very extremely hot yet it looks turned off.

Suggestions?

22. OyVape

OyVape Well-Known Member

He could use an IQ. Period. Intelligence quotient.

WakeAndVape and stark1 like this.
  23. purplek

purplek 710

The only two things I can think of would be to factory reset the IQ and reinstall the application. If the problem reoccurs contact Davinci and let them know you've already done those two things. I have never experienced what you described.

Glass004 likes this.
  24. JohnyEnglish_CZ

JohnyEnglish_CZ New Member

Hold all the buttons for few seconds and do the hard-reset of the unit, that should help you

25. rudedawg420

rudedawg420 New Member

ive had my IQ for exactly 5 days and its the 2nd time it happens. Next time that happens i will try the hard reset. Is their anything i can do to avoid that or is that a defect?

I hope you never do. It will trip you out because you can still inhale extremely larger clouds than just setting the temp at 430 but the herb combusting tasting horrible. And to top it off it leaves the mouthpiece with the horrible combusted herb smell.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2017

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors