Esentis

Almost a year has passed since I got my ,no exaggerating, life changing device. It was the reason I quitted combustion all together. Now let's get to the point after one year of daily use :
1) app Is in the same shameful condition (never used it).
2) battery accuracy is bad. And now it doesn't even go 100% (charged through device all this time).
3) battery life is meh, goes from 100-0 after maybe 1,5 hours straight use. Needs ~2-3 hours to fully charge.
4) USB cable quality included in the package is below average, it wasn't charging after one month.
5) Vapor quality is top of the notch still (I hope it will remain that way, even with 10 yrs of warranty going through the whole process of RMA is time wasting and probably money wasting too if you pay customs).
6) there are permanent stains even after after ISO cleans. However it doesn't affect the quality.
7) cleaning has a learning curve, I can now say I can clean it 99% the whole thing. Even the space between air flow and herb container.
8) yes it is worth it. I have never ever looked back or had second thoughts about it.
9) The hinges got a bit loose, but still nothing life threatening for the device.
10) yes it gets hot especially in Summer.

I would love to see a fully functioning app and maybe longer battery life (for future products).
That's briefly what comes in mind now.

disGRUNTled

Had not used the IQ in a very long time until know , packed it with Cherry Cookies listening to Termanology.
IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

dimitri

Greetings.

I don't own it a year... but i already agree with the post of Essentis... in many of the points stated.

And yes a vaporizer can be life changing, if you wanna quit combustion and smoking, it is a great device!

I also own a HybridX from Flowermate... the chamber seems the same as on the IQ, is it actually?

I prefer the taste of the IQ but the HybridX isn't bad at all too... and it can get hot as well but still seemed a bit less hot to me than the IQ when operating both a 220 degrees C*

Esentis

Just evaluating the IQ here and when i swap batteries, it forgets all the user settings: LED brightness, preferred mode (Smartpath vs Fixed temp) and the respective temp settings. For a tobacco vaper who goes through several batts in a day, this is a big minus.

I assume this is because the unit has no non-volatile memory where it can remember a few bits of information between battery swaps, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone confirm the IQ forgetting settings after a battery swap?
Does anyone know a way to prevent this?

Cheers

Bro my IQ keeps the settings after battery swap.

Triper

I thought that interested you ...
My IQ after about 3 years of use. The unit was never opened before and there were no other problems. After the device suddenly did not want to start and I can not find the bill anymore, I decided to open the IQ. Surprise, the device is full of resin and dirt. outside the vaper paths ...

1mfn5az6fg94224i.jpg

mbdxh8fmb300gzvg.jpg

99mzc4q3xu2j9sm5.jpg

km84tsahioeqymw0.jpg

bmgtkxyaw5iqm74f.jpg

Esentis

I thought that interested you ...
My IQ after about 3 years of use. The unit was never opened before and there were no other problems. After the device suddenly did not want to start and I can not find the bill anymore, I decided to open the IQ. Surprise, the device is full of resin and dirt. outside the vaper paths ...

1mfn5az6fg94224i.jpg

mbdxh8fmb300gzvg.jpg

99mzc4q3xu2j9sm5.jpg

km84tsahioeqymw0.jpg

bmgtkxyaw5iqm74f.jpg
Wow..

Esentis,
Reactions: ataxian

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I posted some days ago about a IQ a friend bought. He loved the vape but this one die after one week of use, the IQ doesn't start anymore. The store @lacentralevapeur took care of him and he will get the device replaced very soon (he decided to go again with the IQ).

PPN,

akiraone

Just evaluating the IQ here and when i swap batteries, it forgets all the user settings: LED brightness, preferred mode (Smartpath vs Fixed temp) and the respective temp settings. For a tobacco vaper who goes through several batts in a day, this is a big minus.

I assume this is because the unit has no non-volatile memory where it can remember a few bits of information between battery swaps, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone confirm the IQ forgetting settings after a battery swap?
Does anyone know a way to prevent this?

Cheers

Hi, I have the same issue as you. Did you solve the problem? Is it related to the app? Can anyone else confirm, that after battery swap, not loosing settings?

(sorry for english :( )

akiraone,

pilliam

Hey everyone, Just got the Davinci Vape. I was wondering how much I have to pack the bowl?

I don't use too much in a session, and I wont be able to smoke the whole bowl in 1 session. Is it ok to leave herb in the chamber to come back to later the next day?

I also heard that it is bad to not fill the bowl completely because the vape quality is not as good, but I cant smoke that much in a session. I prefer to micro dose.

Triper

Hey everyone, Just got the Davinci Vape. I was wondering how much I have to pack the bowl?

I don't use too much in a session, and I wont be able to smoke the whole bowl in 1 session. Is it ok to leave herb in the chamber to come back to later the next day?

I also heard that it is bad to not fill the bowl completely because the vape quality is not as good, but I cant smoke that much in a session. I prefer to micro dose.
U need a spacer! Look on the DaVinci homepage.

Triper,

Esentis

If you leave the herb the chamber will stain much faster. For me the vape quality per se is the same either full or half chamber. Though if the chamber is full the vapor is harsher and the draws harder.

Esentis,
Reactions: noel

Protectenator

I think I've found the solution to the door pushing open when hot problem, at least in my case and hopefully for a few others as well.
If you carefully inspect the lid of the flavour chamber, between the o-ring and the top ridge, it has 2 small ridges from the moulding manufacturing process, running vertical, one on each side.
The one ridge on mine had a small bit of left-over ceramic, just enough to prevent the lid from pushing down as deep as it should into the top of the flavour chamber.
And although there is no screw mechanism here, you have to turn and push the lid down while you turn it, otherwise it does not go deep enough.
I removed the bit of ceramic with the edge of a broken diamond saw blade, like you would with a bit of sanding paper.
Now the lid push-turns just a fraction deeper into the chamber and I have a door that stays shut when hot.
Keep in mind that the round protruding piece of the silicon mouthpiece gasket needs to fit snug into the top part of the flavour chamber.
If the small lid does not twist in deep enough into the chamber this silicon piece will push against the lid and when the bottom silicone gasket swells up during high heat it pushes the door open.
If you want to remove the chamber completely the IQ will work just fine. Note that you need to push down a bit on the mouthpiece when the door is closed so that the silicon gasket seals off the gap where the outer top edge of the flavour chamber used to be, otherwise no draw resistance.

Also, my IQ resets itself when I swap out batteries, unless I keep it plugged into a USB while swapping, then all the settings remain.

I've modified one of my smart paths to be combination on smartpaths 3 & 4"
Start at 199 C, then ramp up quickly for the next 4:20 (haha it's how I like it) till you reach 221 C, continue to end.
Hope this helps someone.

420Nerd

lifestyle-photo-003-1500x1001.jpg

To our wonderful DAVINCI family,

We’re excited to introduce to you the DAVINCI IQ

Davinci IQ

The DAVINCI IQ is the world’s best little vaporizer with best-in-class battery life, precision temperature control and SMART PATH™ technology. This app-enabled device gives you full control over your sessions, built with purity in mind only using the highest quality materials, and innovative hidden features maximizing your vaporizer experience.

Purity: All ceramic air path with increased vapor production.

Innovation: SMART PATH™ technology. Four paths specifically crafted to deliver optimal results.

Control: Bluetooth App integration and the most precise heating technology.

Features

Material: Loose Leaf

Warranty: 10 Years

Heat up Time: 23 Seconds

Material Capacity: 1500ml

Device Temp Settings: Precision Temperature / 4 SMART PATHS™

App Temp Settings: Various Custom Options

Replaceable battery: 3500mAh rechargeable lithium-ion

Charge Time: 2 - 3 Hours

Sessions/Charge: Up to 10 Sessions (subject to length of session)

Device: Sand-blasted Anodized Aluminum

Colors: Stealth, Copper, Blue, Gunmetal

Davinci App

The DaVinci App allows your to engage with your DAVINCI IQ and experience vapor in a whole new way. Whether your preference is toggling through SMART PATHS™ or fine tuning your vapor through precision temperature control, the DAVINCI App satisfies all of your vaping needs.

We’ve also presented convenience in the DAVINCI App with access to our online store, support center and information library to make sure you are up to date on all things DAVINCI.

Craft and customize your ideal vapor experience by unlocking the secrets of the ultimate connoisseur vaporizer.

What to Expect

In addition to your DAVINCI IQ, we took careful consider into what you can expect in the box. Here’s what you’ll find;

10 Year Warranty

1x 3500mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery

1x Micro USB Cable

1x Flavor Chamber

1x 10mm Water adapter

2x Davinci Tool

1x Davinci Key Chain

Cleaning Kit

...and a special surprise.
Hello – I thought I would share my experience for anyone shopping for a portable vaporizer.

Davinci Customer Service:

I purchased the IQ on 4/20/2018 and it stopped working by September 2018. Davinci received the device on Sep 24th and did not respond with a proposed solution until Oct 18th. Davinci says they found water damage and is asking $100 to repair and claims a 10-14 day repair time. I’m not sure its worth repairing and I do not want to send Davinci more money up front with my recent customer service.

I purchased the miqro and received it on Sep 28th. So far so good…but still waiting for an extra pearl purchased on Sep 24th. Not only did Davinci sell me something they knowingly did not have in stock, they sent me an accessory kit knowingly excluding the pearl.

Advice to Davinci: In my estimation, the market buying premium vaping devices is not that price sensitive. However, they are sensitive to being penny pinched and lied to about Bluetooth functionality, delivery times, and delivery itself. Although it takes some effort and resources, customer service is the easiest thing to get right as the engineering and design is good. If you exceed my expectations with customer service I will throw money your way. If not, I will avoid the product even if it is the best performing while it works.

Comparisons:

Davinci IQ: The IQ is more powerful than the miqro, has a little better flavor, and the battery life is much better. It is a little bigger and the fit and function of the doors is not as good as the miqro. The microdosing process is a little harder with the need for spacers and the deeper oven. The Bluetooth connectivity never worked, I tried to connect twice and both time the unit just shut down. I checked the oven temp with the display and I don’t think it is that accurate or that the oven is fully heated to temp in 23 seconds. I don’t really care, it heats fast enough, but this seems to be another false claim.

Davinci Miqro: The miqro has performed flawlessly in the short amount of time I’ve had it. I have not been able to get satisfying clouds out of it but it does work. I have to unscrew the pearl and put a screen on top to use the small dose I prefer (screen prevents the post from going into the pearl hole). This process might be easier with two pearls if I ever get the one I purchased. I can get about 2.5 sessions out of a charged battery. For me, it is a superior choice to the IQ.

Firefly: I have an original firefly which surpasses all others mentioned in flavor and ease of use at home. As much as I hate the overpriced batteries with the firefly it might have been better to just buy them and try the FF2 in hindsight.

Dynavap M: There is a small learning curve but the 2018 Dynavap M delivers as advertised. This is a great quick hit at home vape but the process with the lighter is too much for me to use it out and about. I don’t get too much flavor but almost always get a big cloud with even the smallest amount of herb. The only downsides are using the lighter, having a burning hot device for a minute, and you can combust if you aren’t paying attention or using a dryer herb than usual.

Summary: The perfect vaporizer for me is a battery operated unit with a micro dose size oven (~.1 G), and is as stealthy as possible (any suggestions appreciated). The miqro might just be the best for me but I am left feeling disheartened with Davinci’s dishonest and greedy behavior. It’s a shame I feel compelled to avoid recommending potentially the best device because Davinci wanted to sell a $10 pearl when they didn’t have it in stock. At this point I’m leaning towards not repairing the IQ and putting that towards purchasing a grasshopper when the miqro fails (not unlikely based on my experience with the IQ).

Davinci Details:

I purchased the Davinci IQ on 4/20/2018. I used the device very lightly for 5 months when it stopped working. I called Davinci, concerned that there would be no warranty because I did not purchase from them directly. They said the item was covered and sent me instructions for obtaining an RMA. I was impressed with the customer service at this point so I ordered the Miqro. I was charged twice for the Miqro but was able to easily correct this with a phone call. Unfortunately my experience only degraded from this point.

My returned IQ was received on Sep 24th and I got a confirmation email stating I should allow 10-14 business days for a response. After nearly a month the response is $100 to repair due to water damage. It is possible that the IQ was lightly exposed to water while in my pocket but it must be extremely susceptible.

Meanwhile, I ordered another pearl (part of an accessory kit) for the miqro because I found the oven still a little too big for microdosing. I was a little irritated at this point that the additional $50 spent on the “Explorer’s kit” for the Miqro did not include an extra pearl. It did include an extra post and other items average users would never need. A week later I received my accessory kit, alcohol pads, pipe cleaners, a keychain tool, but the pearl was missing. I immediately called Davinci and the lady on the phone said “I’ll be transparent with you, we are out of pearls.” She confirmed my name and said she took a note to send me 2-3 pearls when they were back in stock. After pondering this overnight I became increasingly disappointed that Davinci would knowingly sell me an incomplete accessory kit. Seriously, who is going to pay $10 plus $9 shipping for 3 alcohol wipes, a bundle of piple cleaners and a keychain? I wrote an email to customer service and got a prompt reply that my situation would be escalated to a supervisor on Sep 29th. After trying several phone calls and asking for written confirmation, I am still waiting for the pearls.

noel

Hi guys,

New to the forum, I’m still debating on my first vaporizer to buy. Don’t know if I should go for a session or on demand vaporizer. I’m looking at the Davinci IQ or the Ghost MV1. Which one should I buy for my first vape?

Thanks!!!
they are both great vapes, but i am intrigue with the ghost

Modnote: Edited to remove reply from quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
http://imgur.com/gallery/prtarit

So the l
Mouthpiece on my iq wouldn't connect to the magnet any more, so i bought a new one.

I was going to retire the old one but started fooling around with some glass adaptor.

I found a mm14/18mm glass adaptor that fits snug into space where the flavour chamber goes.

I then snapped the lid off

And it rips like a mother fucker

Just thought I'd share

Grey hair

Flop shot guru
http://imgur.com/gallery/prtarit

So the l
Mouthpiece on my iq wouldn't connect to the magnet any more, so i bought a new one.

I was going to retire the old one but started fooling around with some glass adaptor.

I found a mm14/18mm glass adaptor that fits snug into space where the flavour chamber goes.

I then snapped the lid off

And it rips like a mother fucker

Just thought I'd share
Damn diddy. You went postal. :goon:Glad it worked out.:clap:

Grey hair,

Manity

Well my IQ is in for warranty... Oven cracked and hoping I can get a new unit so I can just offload this vap. Design isn't the greatest over time!

tomerr

i think the two 30q samsung batteries i bought less than 3 months might be faulty as the iq shuts down after a couple of minutes, even after a full charge (with wall charger). the store i got them from, say i should have bought NCR batteries not INR. wtf?

tomerr,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Happy Hump Day! Anyone at MJ Biz this week? If so come stop by and say hello!

Well my IQ is in for warranty... Oven cracked and hoping I can get a new unit so I can just offload this vap. Design isn't the greatest over time!
Hi there! Super sorry to read this. Let me know if I can assist with anything in your RMA process.

Last edited by a moderator:

karotene

Oh yeah, there's no removable screen between chamber and air-freshener-space. It's like 5 holes in the ceramic.

Which get plugged.

No wire seems strong enough to unplug them

So i figured: Time to get out the dremel. Of course the ceramic made short work of the bit, but now i have a bit with perfect diameter to drill out those holes when they bake shut.

karotene,
Top Bottom