django7

Hey all. I'm a new DaVinci IQ owner (just got it today) and I have a question.

When in use, my unit makes a sort of static/buzzing sound. Is this normal?

The unit seems to be working fine, I just wonder about that sound :)

hopla

Mine does it since i switched it on for the first time, they say it's nothing anormal.
Don't worry ;)

hopla,
Reactions: django7

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey FC Family,

This is random and not really related to the device, but do we have anyone in the LA area on here? We have 2 tickets to Marijuana Madness to give out as we are sponsoring the event. It's a cool show that focuses on 1950's cannabis prohibition era with burlesque. If anyone is interested, they are yours. Just send me a PM and I'll add you to the list.

django7

I got around to trying the app. Set up some custom Smart Paths, and thought it was cool.

But then I swapped out the battery for a fresh one, and discovered that it loses your settings when you do that! It kept the names of my Smart Paths, but the actual values returned to the defaults.

Kinda defeats the purpose of having custom settings, if they reset when you put in a fresh battery.

It's not a huge deal for me, I can just use precision mode, but it surprised me in such an otherwise well-designed unit.

django7,
Reactions: hopla

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Gotten around to deep cleaning it @django7 ? Wondering if the problems of cleaning the airpath/gasket area on the IQ is the same here on the Miqro.

Definitely not! We have optimized this issue and it is not present within the MIQRO. We eliminated the extra space and moved the gasket closer to the air path. However per usual we recommend you clean your unit regularly, after each session, this will prevent resin build up. We will be releasing Tips & Hacks as well to help you maintain your unit and thank you for your patience with us as we refine things.

I got around to trying the app. Set up some custom Smart Paths, and thought it was cool.

But then I swapped out the battery for a fresh one, and discovered that it loses your settings when you do that! It kept the names of my Smart Paths, but the actual values returned to the defaults.

Kinda defeats the purpose of having custom settings, if they reset when you put in a fresh battery.

It's not a huge deal for me, I can just use precision mode, but it surprised me in such an otherwise well-designed unit.

Noted! Going to pass this along to the dev team ASAP.

Yes, very normal, you're hearing the little motor that vibrates as it heats up and then vibrates once it's reached temperature. :-)

Last edited by a moderator:

django7

Yes, very normal, you're hearing the little motor that vibrates as it heats up and then vibrates once it's reached temperature. :-)

I don’t mean the haptic feedback. I mean the very quiet ticking sort of sound that happens constantly while the unit is in use. I can only hear it in a very quiet room, or if I hold the IQ up to my ear.

django7,

hendo

I purchased the Da Vinci IQ from Aussievapes a month ago and now it's not working properly .It started off where turns off intermittently and now will not turn on after five button presses like it should .The lights come on when a charger is plugged in and I've tried a hard reset and still nothing .The vape worked great until last night .

hendo,

Trulukkyphrank

Does anyone ever pulled the Silicon gasket that holds the flavor chamber out?

I think I will try it because I can't clean the device anymore, the room between oven and silicon gasket is a mess!

Trulukkyphrank,

hopla

Does anyone ever pulled the Silicon gasket that holds the flavor chamber out?

I think I will try it because I can't clean the device anymore, the room between oven and silicon gasket is a mess!
It should not be as efficient as it is with the gasket because this thing seems to restraint the airflow allowing it to pass only through the hole of the savour chamber.
Maybe you could replace the gasket with an o-ring (like the ones used by Sticky Brick, as there are different sizes), that would have the same function and would be removable for cleaning that space.

Trulukkyphrank

It should not be as efficient as it is with the gasket because this thing seems to restraint the airflow allowing it to pass only through the hole of the savour chamber.
Maybe you could replace the gasket with an o-ring (like the ones used by Sticky Brick, as there are different sizes), that would have the same function and would be removable for cleaning that space.

Only for cleaning purpose, my idea was after cleaning will try to put the gasket back in place. But this is the point, I don't know if it can be placed back in it..
The o-ring sounds good, will try that maybe out when the gasket is broke. Thank you!

Iso ,lots of Q Tips and Magic Ereaser .

Great deep cleaning video here

Thank you! I know this video and I made it nearly when I clean, maybe I needed some more qtips! ^^ But I think it's such an ineffiecient way(the only one?) to clean and even if I do so the room between flavor chamber and oven isn't clean as I want it, especially when the device is used over a long time..

Again the question does anyone ever removed the silicon gasket down there? ^^ How is it hold in place?

Trulukkyphrank,
Reactions: hopla

Trulukkyphrank

Puffitup has a teardown post but you will void your warranty and possibly break the IQ if you attempt it .

https://blog.puffitup.com/2017/08/da-vinci-iq-teardown/

I saw this post when it was released, but never looked back at it, thank you for the reminder!

Here we have the ''satans hole'' next to the chamber
puffitup-da-vinci-iq-teardown-chamber.jpg

It looks like it can't be removed as I tought, because it's also the seal for the oven chamber.

Trulukkyphrank,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Trulukkyphrank, I wouldn't recommend removing the gasket. While the device will function, it will expose the insulation around the oven.

Best way I have found to clean this is to literally spray some ISO after the flavor chamber is removed and plug that end and the oven and shake it. That pathway is completely sealed, so there is no danger in damaging any electronics. Then, rinse it out with a little water.

tomerr

just bought 2 samsung 30q batteries that were recommended here, charged them with a 18650 charger i had lying around - everyhing looked fine. got to use one for the first time today and after the IQ warmed up and shut down with no warning on law battery or anything. tried second battery, exactly the same issue. also the iq refuses to charge them - shows as completely charged when i plug it in to usb.

could it be that i bought fake samsung batteries? or is this a known issue

my original battery works & charge fine. did notice i need to put more pressure on the battery door when i close it with the original battery, unlike the 30q .

tomerr,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
just bought 2 samsung 30q batteries that were recommended here, charged them with a 18650 charger i had lying around - everyhing looked fine. got to use one for the first time today and after the IQ warmed up and shut down with no warning on law battery or anything. tried second battery, exactly the same issue. also the iq refuses to charge them - shows as completely charged when i plug it in to usb.

could it be that i bought fake samsung batteries? or is this a known issue

my original battery works & charge fine. did notice i need to put more pressure on the battery door when i close it with the original battery, unlike the 30q .

Did you by chance buy button top instead of flat top batteries?

Davinci_vaporizer,

hopla

these are the batteries i got https://www.imrbatteries.com/samsung-30q-18650-3000mah-15a-flat-top-battery/
i think they're flat top

i need to know for sure - the fact that the iq shows the battery as fully charged , is this an indication of a faulty battery?
Yes you have the good ones (i have the same).
The IQ is not the most precise when it comes to measuring the actual charge of a battery, it's not a sign of a problem with your battery as most of the time my IQ shows a different charge than my charger.
I bought a charger that works very well, faster than the usb cable and more reliable ;)

sx0k0n.png

hopla,

tomerr

so you're saying it might be the fault of my wall charger? although it charged the new 30q batteries for at least 6 hours before it stopped charging .
wierd thing, i'm doing a burn cycle with one of the 30q's while connected to usb, and it didn't shut down so far - about 4 minutes in

tomerr,

hopla

so you're saying it might be the fault of my wall charger? although it charged the new 30q batteries for at least 6 hours before it stopped charging .
wierd thing, i'm doing a burn cycle with one of the 30q's while connected to usb, and it didn't shut down so far - about 4 minutes in
no sorry i thought you were charging the batteries with them installed in the IQ via the usb cable.
I have no clue then, if you charged them with a wall charger, sorry ;)
Only @Davinci_vaporizer may have an answer

hopla,

tomerr

wierd #2: just completed a 10min session running on the 30q not connected to usb, and it didn't shut down.
on a different note, davinci guyz, you should really think about improving or bug fixing the android app. getting the battery status could be a nice touch for example & less login crashes

tomerr,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@tomerr, We've been working in the Android app. There's been an update that's ''supposed" to be ready to launch since last year. Unfortunately, every time we test it, it still crashes. We're pushing the dev team on this, as I know itsi an issue on some phone's. Mine included.

The tough thing about battery reads, is that it's in continuous flux due to heat up. It's something I'll definitely mention the the team to pay more attention to.

About the batteries, I'd recommend an external Nicor charger as well. It's so much faster, especially if you have multiple batteries.

Davinci_vaporizer,

tomerr

thanks. but i still haven't figured out why the iq shows the battery as full (not blinking) while connected to usb and shuts down after a minute or two. is this indication of a "bad charge" (by my wall charger) or maybe a faulty battery?

regarding the app - 1 thing i left out which really annoys me, is the bluetooth draining the iq battery while doing nothing. other than removing the battery, i think you should add a feature in the app for disabling bt somehow

tomerr,
Top Bottom