DogDad

The first thing that happened was the flavor enhancer fell out and hit the floor and broke. I didn't even get 1 bowl out of it or get the battery charged.

I pieced back the flavor enhancer and loaded it up.

Last edited:
DogDad,

Grey hair

Flop shot guru
The first thing that happened was the flavor enhancer fell out and hit the floor and broke. I didn't even get 1 bowl out of it or get the battery charged.

I pieced back the flavor enhancer and loaded it up.
Crappy luck D.
That bites.
I'm not sure that flavor thingy is integral. It's most likely easier to clean the IQ with it in place but ......I dunno. Just felt like reaching out to show some empathy.
Chin up. Maybe their CS can help out.

Grey hair,
Reactions: DogDad

Vision103

Vision103
So, where's the update?
I've been messaging them every month. They said they fixed it. I was able to use it a few weeks on and off. It still sucks. Will never be good in my opinion but the pre sets aren't that bad. I live with it obviously but sucks that well have to buy the next one out to get these issues fixed. I feel like it is what it is.

Vision103,

Madrid

Hi there, vapers, I just got my IQ and I read it should be charging first time for 3-4 hours after using then put in boost mode to heating high in order to evaporate the manufacturing materials. Not sure if that's fine or not.
To get to the point, I put it on charge but there is no light blinking, so it means it already charged?That's bad... or if not, how can I know when is fully charged

Thanks in advanced
Extreme Q, Da Vinci IQ

Madrid,

Jbert80

Ive been a proud Pax owner since the first generation up till the Pax 3 came out. Pax customer service and turn around time is extremely great. My gripe with the Pax has been the burnt popcorn taste after the first few hits, so I began exploring other portable vapes on the market. The DaVinci IQ has tremendous amounts of praise over the Pax online for flavor.... After pacing the floor trying to make up my mind I went to the local smoke shop (authorized DaVinci Retailer, at least they said they were) and purchased an IQ for $275. 2nd day using it, oven cracks..... ok 10 year warranty so I get an RMA after submitting all the needed photos and evidence. They received it, now tell me it may be up to 2 more weeks before they ship mine or a replacement back.... WTF! I figured they would take in to consideration it was 2 days old when it broke that Id send it in, then within 48hours be back to me. That is one thing I enjoy with Pax, if i next day my vape to them, the replacement was back in a week. Kinda sour at the moment, almost feel like I wasted my money. Any others have similar experience? How long is the turn around usually?
Thanks !

Manity

Ive been a proud Pax owner since the first generation up till the Pax 3 came out. Pax customer service and turn around time is extremely great. My gripe with the Pax has been the burnt popcorn taste after the first few hits, so I began exploring other portable vapes on the market. The DaVinci IQ has tremendous amounts of praise over the Pax online for flavor.... After pacing the floor trying to make up my mind I went to the local smoke shop (authorized DaVinci Retailer, at least they said they were) and purchased an IQ for $275. 2nd day using it, oven cracks..... ok 10 year warranty so I get an RMA after submitting all the needed photos and evidence. They received it, now tell me it may be up to 2 more weeks before they ship mine or a replacement back.... WTF! I figured they would take in to consideration it was 2 days old when it broke that Id send it in, then within 48hours be back to me. That is one thing I enjoy with Pax, if i next day my vape to them, the replacement was back in a week. Kinda sour at the moment, almost feel like I wasted my money. Any others have similar experience? How long is the turn around usually?
Thanks !

I've waited over a month. This last time 3 weeks... My oven cracked also... I personally wouldn't make this purchase again

Jbert80

Oh man! I hope I don't get that kind of turn around. was hoping to see it back by next week. I feel that is fair enough... How do you like your unit when it works?

Jbert80,

gLuGaLuG

is there anything official in the way of sorting out the memory issue with the IQ?
my original iq did remember settings, but the two i have been supplied under rma's have lost settings every battery change.
i'm currently going through another rma for this issue, but if its a feature of all the iq's now i see little point.
its a shame, as the swappable battery was a major reason for my IQ purchase, and from the first IQ i had, I know that its possible to swap battery without losing settings. no point in bright lights and buzzing when its sold as having a 'stealth' mode.
please could the davinci rep ion here give us a straight answer?

Manity

Just recieved my new IQ back from RMA... This unit is a much better quality unit.

Unit has 2 prongs to hold the battery door open if there was no battery in the unit. My old unit had none.

The oven looks of better quality. Still has that silicone peg for the pearl It looks like.

The App actually works good now with this unit. Can save the smart paths and they are kept after battery swap.

Unit still gets hotter than the depths of hell though! Insanity

Overall it's still the same IQ with some improvements from the original version I bought 2 years ago

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
It came down to the IQ and Grasshopper. I bought the IQ limited edition and it should be here in a few days.

Welcome to the DV Family! :-)

is there anything official in the way of sorting out the memory issue with the IQ?
my original iq did remember settings, but the two i have been supplied under rma's have lost settings every battery change.
i'm currently going through another rma for this issue, but if its a feature of all the iq's now i see little point.
its a shame, as the swappable battery was a major reason for my IQ purchase, and from the first IQ i had, I know that its possible to swap battery without losing settings. no point in bright lights and buzzing when its sold as having a 'stealth' mode.
please could the davinci rep ion here give us a straight answer?

Inboxing your answer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Davinci_vaporizer,

gLuGaLuG

[/QUOTE]
Inboxing your answer!

thankyou, though i suspect the outcome may be some time as it looks like we have been here before back in august....

I swapped out the battery for a fresh one, and discovered that it loses your settings when you do that! It kept the names of my Smart Paths, but the actual values returned to the defaults.

Kinda defeats the purpose of having custom settings, if they reset when you put in a fresh battery.

It's not a huge deal for me, I can just use precision mode, but it surprised me in such an otherwise well-designed unit.

Noted! Going to pass this along to the dev team ASAP.

please do pass it along. for anyone else with this issue, my RMA for it is awaiting a new unit to be sent out, so my guess is that davinci are fully aware of the problem and will replace units due to it...
to be fair, whenever i have had cause to refer issues back to davinci they have been more than helpful, providing excellent customer service. can't be cheap having to replace my unit three times though, we're only 15 months into my ten year warranty... ;)

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey Guys! Quick update I have indeed brought this to the attention of P. Dev. They are looking into and will have some info soon. Thanks for your patience as we trouble shoot this :-)

sd401k

In 5 more days it will be my IQ's first birthday. It gets used every day for at least 1 smart path #2 session. Has been flawless, gets a deep clean every Saturday and just keeps on making my life much more pleasant. It still amazes me how thorough the extraction is without even the slightest bit of charring on smart path 2 even when vaping a full chamber with no stirring. The ABV is always a uniform dark brown, evidenttly, DaVinci did some testing when designing this. The only improvement I could think of is doing something about that gap between the chamber and zirconium airpath piece. As long as you keep it clean though, it's no big deal, let the mess build up though and yeah, it's a pain to clean.

Esentis

My IQ has started struggling to reach the temperature given. Let's say I go with 200c it goes till 197c then starts to go +1-1+2-2+1-1 never reaches 200. Even if it does, after the draw it goes back to 197 and starts over the same ... Should I be worried ?

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Happy Birthday IQ @sd401k :-) Yes, that space can be a bit annoying to clean. We did indeed address that issue with the MIQRO by eliminating some of that space. More updates to come so be sure to stay tuned :-)

@Esentis Have you tried a hard reset? If so and it's still giving you problems give us a call here at the office, we'd love to help you trouble shoot and/or get an RMA Started :-)

Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: sd401k

Esentis

@Esentis Have you tried a hard reset? If so and it's still giving you problems give us a call here at the office, we'd love to help you trouble shoot and/or get an RMA Started :-)
I can't really give a call, I don't live in the states :/ Well it have been hard-resetted sometimes from battery changes, but it persists.

Esentis,

stinkytofus

If they fixed the hot as brick issue, make middle area between oven and flavor chamber easier to clean it would be the best conduction vapes, i get very big clouds if i fine grind

To remedy the hot brick issue i turn on ac during summer so its not that bad, winter = free ac

Anyone with latch problems, getting stuck, take out the two screws and dunk all the parts in iso for 10 minutes and use qtip wipe everything squeaky clean, works like new

Top Bottom