Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I can't really give a call, I don't live in the states :/ Well it have been hard-resetted sometimes from battery changes, but it persists.
Oh no, okay, we have LIVE chat on our website here www.davincivaporizer.com for trouble shooting, however I can assist with scheduling a free SKYPE call as well. Just let me know how we can help :-) - Happy New Year!

Esentis

Oh no, okay, we have LIVE chat on our website here www.davincivaporizer.com for trouble shooting, however I can assist with scheduling a free SKYPE call as well. Just let me know how we can help :-) - Happy New Year!

Happy New year yourself too brother.
For now it doesn't effect my performance, if it goes worse then I will try contacting again for a possible solution or RMA.

Esentis,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Hello! I'm new to the thread and considering either the IQ or Miqro as my next vape of choice. Davinci seems to make great products and provide good customer service unlike another manufacturer I've been dealing with. I've had a few small portable vapes the last few years which has been my indoctrination to vaping after combusting for more than I'd care to admit. I currently use one vape for (mostly) daily use and I don't have a large collection nor am I interested in establishing one. Perhaps this question has been broached here before but could someone provide some pros & cons to the IQ vs. Miqro? :peace:

pudink

@Davinci_vaporizer hello
i am not a regular user, i use the device once in a week. About 30 minutes in a week.
Today i noticed some of the ceramic coating seems to be chipped away( not sure if it is the correct way of saying it) and there seems to be a metalic paint underneath.

i was wondering if this causes any problems health wise, and secondly would that prevent the oven to heat effectively.

The pictures are below, you can see the silver color on the side walls of the oven.
On the first picture it is like a circle on the right side of the oven.
On the last picture it is like 5 silver dots.
And on other pictures you can find a small dot on the upper right of the oven. Let me know if you have trouble seeing them on so i can edit the pictures and highlight

Even though i empty out the oven immediately after the session, clean it with iso after 4-5 sessions i seem to also get brown spots at the bottom of the oven. Which seems like a less of a concern for me now as the silver spots looks like more of a problem for now. But i would like to be informed if the brown spots are normal as well.

20190110-223030.jpg

20190110-223032.jpg

20190110-223202.jpg

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Even though i empty out the oven immediately after the session, clean it with iso after 4-5 sessions i seem to also get brown spots at the bottom of the oven. Which seems like a less of a concern for me now as the silver spots looks like more of a problem for now. But i would like to be informed if the brown spots are normal as well.

Though they post fairly often from what I've seen in my brief time following the last couple months of this forum, you may want to email me them. I'll bet they'd respond pretty quickly - they're customer relations seem to be very good but I'm not a customer, yet. Perhaps one day;)... :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: sd401k

Esentis

@Davinci_vaporizer

Today I was cleaning my IQ and I have noticed something that kinda worried me. The rubber that flavor chamber sits on, seems like it started waring off and one small piece is missing... Is it possible that it started melting ? Are those rubber fumes safe for your health ?
fdEgpwk.png

Esentis,

gLuGaLuG

a quick update on my iq memory issue, i have spoken to davinci CS, who have stated that they have no working app at this time. my issue of settings not being remembered still persists, and davinci have no clue how to solve it.
i will grant that CS have been responsive and helpful (though my promise of a reply was twice not fulfilled).
HOWEVER, i do think that leaving the advertising as it is - touting the benefits of the app, smart paths, stealth mode etc is pretty low. anyone looking to buy an IQ at this time should go into it assuming there will be no working app.

...and to the rep on here, i feel that you have been pretty useless in conveying this info. if i can get it out of davinci CS, i'm sure you could have done too. i understand that you don't want to admit your product isn't working correctly, but being open and honest go a long way when things are not right. you knew about this back in august '17, but no meaningful updates. look forward to your response. don't PM it, post it please.

oh, and i also now have the rising lid issue when the unit gets hot. maybe one day i'll have a 100% working IQ?

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Davinci_vaporizer hello
i am not a regular user, i use the device once in a week. About 30 minutes in a week.
Today i noticed some of the ceramic coating seems to be chipped away( not sure if it is the correct way of saying it) and there seems to be a metalic paint underneath.

i was wondering if this causes any problems health wise, and secondly would that prevent the oven to heat effectively.

The pictures are below, you can see the silver color on the side walls of the oven.
On the first picture it is like a circle on the right side of the oven.
On the last picture it is like 5 silver dots.
And on other pictures you can find a small dot on the upper right of the oven. Let me know if you have trouble seeing them on so i can edit the pictures and highlight

20190110-223030.jpg

20190110-223032.jpg

20190110-223202.jpg
I'll bring this to the attention of our CS Dept. and will post an update asap!

Davinci_vaporizer,

juanavape

I knew the app didn't work (right) when I bought it. I've never attempted to use it, I just run it manually or on the preset paths (2 or 3) and am totally happy with it as is. I'm considering buying a FF2 and will probably go the same route as I've heard of the device dying from trying to do the firmware update ! Thanks but no thanks.

I do see your point of "if it doesn't work then they shouldn't advertise it as part of the package".

juanavape,

treeleaf

I have had the IQ since May 2017. It replaced my grasshopper as daily driver which packed up a few months later. I find that I just cannot clean the IQ enough to make it smell fresh. How exactly does one clean between the oven and flavour chamber? I have poured ISO down chamber and scraped with dental probe and seen bits of hard residue come off but it seems impossible to clean. The magnets have also come loose on the top. I now use the dynavap as the taste is better and it’s easy to clean. I think residue is the killer of fancy electronic vapes.

treeleaf,

juanavape

The magnets have also come loose on the top. I now use the dynavap as the taste is better and it’s easy to clean. I think residue is the killer of fancy electronic vapes.

Can the magnets be glued back in ? Yeah cleaning that black hole can be ugly. I do the ISO Q-Tip thing a few times until it come out fairly clean then like you I ream it out as best as possible with a dental probe trying to get underneath that O-ring/gasket. Usually I can fish out a bunch more gunk from there then I repeat the ISO Q-tip treatment again, Then I do an empty burnout or two. It never will be like it was on day one but this procedure (every few weeks for me), keeps it about as fresh as I seem to be able to get it

juanavape,

Esentis

Hi There, sorry for the delay, was awaiting confirmation. To answer your question, no, the rubber hasn't melted. It's drying out and breaking off, so your health is not at risk. We'd like to start an RMA for you to replace this, would that be okay?
I have talked with CS they said the same. It's still cool for now, since it's working. Getting through an RMA will take a lot of time and most probably customs duty, I try to avoid it for now.

BMvape

I have owned an IQ since the day it came out and after years of extensive use, I have never experimented with the flavor chamber. I was content with it having the sole purpose of cooling the vapor and didn't want the hassle of something else to clean out. Well I have been trying to cut back on coffee, so as an alternative, I bought some bag of loose tea called "Fruity Pebbles". It has been sitting next to the coffee machine unopened for months. While making a coffee this morning, I was reading the bag of tea and thought that instead of letting it go to waste, I'll pop some in the flavor chamber and maybe that would make the end of a session a little more enjoyable.
This is what's in the tea:
  • + green tea
  • + sweet blackberry leaves
  • + pineapple bits
  • + papaya bits
  • + natural flavors
  • + rose petals
  • + raspberry bits
  • + strawberry fruit granules
I couldn't find extensive information or conversations about what people have used, other than the dozen or so herbs that davinci used to sell. I am wondering if it's safe to use, or if any of these ingredients would be harmful?
Has anyone ever tested how hot the flavor chamber can get? Since the material in the flavor chamber is only heated by the vapor passing through, I would think it should jut be collecting flavor and not releasing any harmful byproducts.

While testing some of the tea, I was extremely impressed. I have been manually simulating the smart paths (please fix that app soon!) and starting at 330F and ending around 390F. What's really nice is that at the low end, you get most of that fresh taste of what's in the heating chamber. As time goes on and as the temp increases, more of the fruity tea flavor kicks in. So you get the best of both worlds. I was originally thinking of using 2 flavor chambers, 1 empty to start with, and then pop the filled one in once the good flavor is gone. But that doesn't seem necessary.

I'm surprised it's taken me so long to give this a shot, but i may incorporate this regularly. And, I think I might brew up some tea after a few more sessions!

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Thanks for sharing! I'll ask our team as well! In the meantime have you checked out our video about the other herbs you can vape in your flavor chamber? You can do so here:
#enjoy :-)

I have owned an IQ since the day it came out and after years of extensive use, I have never experimented with the flavor chamber. I was content with it having the sole purpose of cooling the vapor and didn't want the hassle of something else to clean out. Well I have been trying to cut back on coffee, so as an alternative, I bought some bag of loose tea called "Fruity Pebbles". It has been sitting next to the coffee machine unopened for months. While making a coffee this morning, I was reading the bag of tea and thought that instead of letting it go to waste, I'll pop some in the flavor chamber and maybe that would make the end of a session a little more enjoyable.
This is what's in the tea:
  • + green tea
  • + sweet blackberry leaves
  • + pineapple bits
  • + papaya bits
  • + natural flavors
  • + rose petals
  • + raspberry bits
  • + strawberry fruit granules
I couldn't find extensive information or conversations about what people have used, other than the dozen or so herbs that davinci used to sell. I am wondering if it's safe to use, or if any of these ingredients would be harmful?
Has anyone ever tested how hot the flavor chamber can get? Since the material in the flavor chamber is only heated by the vapor passing through, I would think it should jut be collecting flavor and not releasing any harmful byproducts.

While testing some of the tea, I was extremely impressed. I have been manually simulating the smart paths (please fix that app soon!) and starting at 330F and ending around 390F. What's really nice is that at the low end, you get most of that fresh taste of what's in the heating chamber. As time goes on and as the temp increases, more of the fruity tea flavor kicks in. So you get the best of both worlds. I was originally thinking of using 2 flavor chambers, 1 empty to start with, and then pop the filled one in once the good flavor is gone. But that doesn't seem necessary.

I'm surprised it's taken me so long to give this a shot, but i may incorporate this regularly. And, I think I might brew up some tea after a few more sessions!

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Hey DaVinci team, I've lovingly used and abused my IQ so much so the USB port broke off. Smart me lost the buttons for the device.
https://imgur.com/a/pgfzGwQ

I can still do stuff with it by using the stir tool to click it but not quite as convenient as actual buttons. I'm in Eu, is there any place or way to buy a set or buttons or am I stuck with my wonderfully jank IQ fiveever?

Thanks!

gLuGaLuG

Hey Guys! Quick update I have indeed brought this to the attention of P. Dev. They are looking into and will have some info soon. Thanks for your patience as we trouble shoot this :-)

So... Its at least six months since the memory issue and non working app was brought to your attention on here, could you please update us all on progress? I Assume you still have no working app? How long will it be before you remove the advertising of the IQ's functions if it can't be fixed? I am very tempted to purchase another unit and see what trading standards make of the false claims being made at point of sale...
As an update to my own RMA, following another chat session where it was suggested by CS that I keep it plugged in to avoid losing settings when changing the battery (not portable then is it?) and having to argue that my unit does not work as advertised, I have been advised (again) that a replacement unit will be sent. Two weeks later I have heard NOTHING AT All and will have to spend more time chasing this up. This is shitty CS.
We have also heard NOTHING AT ALL from the davinci rep on this thread regarding the app issue. Now's your chance... Anything to say yet? What timescale do you think is acceptable, or is it a case of hope I get fed up an go away quietly?
Feeling quite sour about my purchase now. I'm happy to be patient to a point, but davinci's lack of any meaningful update takes the piss....

gLuGaLuG

Id just use temps 1 to 4 and call it a day, gets the job done

That's fine if you want to do that, crack on, but when I drop my hard earned notes on something I would like it to work as I was told it would. Whether I use it or not . The vibration is what i really want rid of, and can only do this via the app.
It annoys me that the IQ is being sold as having these features, but in reality, does not.

gLuGaLuG,
Reactions: juanavape

Ripstar

Any good suggestion in cleaning the chamber holes? After keeping this thing clean for years, it finally has some pretty good resistance from my draught.

Ripstar,

Mr. Me2

Any good suggestion in cleaning the chamber holes? After keeping this thing clean for years, it finally has some pretty good resistance from my draught.
How about using a cake tester dipped in ISO? You can get one cheap from Amazon. I use one to clean my pax and it works great!

Not sure if it’s diameter is too wide, but it is pointed so it might do the job.

Mr. Me2,

Ripstar

How about using a cake tester dipped in ISO? You can get one cheap from Amazon. I use one to clean my pax and it works great!

Not sure if it’s diameter is too wide, but it is pointed so it might do the job.

Great idea! Luckily we have one. That could be the perfect size.

Ripstar,
Reactions: Mr. Me2
Top Bottom