Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I'd say faulty battery since it's only happening with certain batteries? Other thing would be bad battery connection. I'm guessing here though to be honest.

Davinci_vaporizer,

tomerr

okay..this just happened - the small magnet on top came out.
would a simple 3 seconds glue fix this..?
IMG_20180901_202013.jpg

tomerr,

sd401k

It's most likely a crappy connection with the positive (spring loaded) battery contact. As these batteries all are a little different in size, it's quite likely the original battery compressed spring a tad too much, hence the rattle with the 30Q. Happens to mine every time I swap a battery out. Get something long thin and hooked that you can reach in there with and lift that contact back up and you'll be good. Once I did that, no more weird battery readings or rattles.

okay..this just happened - the small magnet on top came out.
would a simple 3 seconds glue fix this..?
IMG_20180901_202013.jpg
Yeah, one small drop of glue fixes this issue, if you could even call a loose magnet an issue. Different metals expand/contract different amounts at different temperatures so a press fit magnet is likely to fall out at some time or another. Drop of glue works wonders, is easy to do, and is incredibly cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
sd401k,
Reactions: tomerr

Trulukkyphrank

I want to give some info on the Honeybird nectar collector sold on davinci website. I broke the adapter 2 times now.. ok the second time the glass and the metal have seperated because of faulty material.

But I have figured out that the honeybird works perfect without the adapter, just put 2 O-rings on the extended mouthpiece and push the honeybird on it. It makes a good seal and works nealry better than with the adapter, because it's more compact and not a ''tower''.

I hope this helps people with a broken adapter ^^

One Love

I enjoy microdosing sometimes, and for this purpose I really LOVE my Davinci IQ. I have found that using one of their glass spacers produces more vapour as the glass spacer counducts and retains heat more efficiently; resulting in better vapour production and me getting the most out of my herb
1f609.png

That said , I also have a Pax 3, and I find that the Pax requires a lot less maintenance inbetween sessions. This is probably the only achilles heel of the IQ; its intricate setup requires significant maintenance when compared to say the Pax 3. Oh, that and the fact that the IQ app just doesn't actually work!

karotene

Just evaluating the IQ here and when i swap batteries, it forgets all the user settings: LED brightness, preferred mode (Smartpath vs Fixed temp) and the respective temp settings. For a tobacco vaper who goes through several batts in a day, this is a big minus.

I assume this is because the unit has no non-volatile memory where it can remember a few bits of information between battery swaps, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone confirm the IQ forgetting settings after a battery swap?
Does anyone know a way to prevent this?

Cheers

karotene,

Lucariel

Just evaluating the IQ here and when i swap batteries, it forgets all the user settings: LED brightness, preferred mode (Smartpath vs Fixed temp) and the respective temp settings. For a tobacco vaper who goes through several batts in a day, this is a big minus.

I assume this is because the unit has no non-volatile memory where it can remember a few bits of information between battery swaps, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone confirm the IQ forgetting settings after a battery swap?
Does anyone know a way to prevent this?

Cheers

Yes, the IQ forgets everything when taking out the battery.
And, as far as I know, there no way to prevent it.

Lucariel,

karotene

Yes, the IQ forgets everything when taking out the battery.
And, as far as I know, there no way to prevent it.
I tried keeping the usb-charger plugged in while opening battery door, but It forgot the settings anyway.

This really, really hurts, as the tobacco vapers will not want to re-set their device preferences 5+ times a day.

Afaict, all that's needed is to hold up 3.7 or so volts between the terminals for a few seconds during the swap. Any electronics gurus around? I'll fire off an email to the mfgr too.

Last edited:
karotene,

karotene

I think all that's a needed is a tiny battery wired in parallel with the battery terminals. When inserted, the 18650 battery keeps it charged, and tiny spare holds up the voltage during swaps.

It's a very compact unit so there's no space.... except for that useless flavor chamber... that could be the trick.

karotene,

dimitri

Hi from Athens, Greece!
Registered in 2013 on FC if i recall, but never really posted.
Owner of a DaVinci OG back in the days, then a Flowermate HybridX, then... had a break.

Opted for a comeback with the IQ, because a friend had it and i tested and found the flavor... quite nice! Bought it here from 'Vapour2smoke' the local DaVinci retailer i believe, in one exposition.

So... with the stock battery it was getting quite hot, which i found weird...
I opened FC, scrolled through the last pages and found this recommendation about the Samsung 30Q and it is somehow better now. (bought two + a Nitecore i2)

These days i 'zapped' a bit the whole 140 pages and have more knowledge about this little machine... some useful comments inside this topic!

A bit annoyed by the 'auto' start - i mean once you get used to set up the device it is ok... but while changing batteries i wasn't ready for a total recall (smart paths mode which i don't use that much vs precision mode... or even worst: going back on Fahrenheit from Celsius)

@Davinci_vaporizer any chance we get a 'firmware' and app updates that will adress some of those minor issues? like more settings? auto-start, disable BT etc.?

Missing the simple digital screen on the OG and the 'FIRE!' button lol

Else what to say: portability, style and quality of vapor, tremendous!

Cheers.

Last edited:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hi from Athens, Greece!
Registered in 2013 on FC if i recall, but never really posted.
Owner of a DaVinci OG back in the days, then a Flowermate HybridX, then... had a break.

Opted for a comeback with the IQ, because a friend had it and i tested and found the flavor... quite nice! Bought it here from 'Vapour2smoke' the local DaVinci retailer i believe, in one exposition.

So... with the stock battery it was getting quite hot, which i found weird...
I opened FC, scrolled through the last pages and found this recommendation about the Samsung 30Q and it is somehow better now. (bought two + a Nitecore i2)

These days i 'zapped' a bit the whole 140 pages and have more knowledge about this little machine... some useful comments inside this topic!

A bit annoyed by the 'auto' start - i mean once you get used to set up the device it is ok... but while changing batteries i wasn't ready for a total recall (smart paths mode which i don't use that much vs precision mode... or even worst: going back on Fahrenheit from Celsius)

@Davinci_vaporizer any chance we get a 'firmware' and app updates that will adress some of those minor issues? like more settings? auto-start, disable BT etc.?

Missing the simple digital screen on the OG and the 'FIRE!' button lol

Else what to say: portability, style and quality of vapor, tremendous!

Cheers.

Yes! Will have an update for everyone on Monday. Just got word. Sorry this has been taking forever, but we do appreciate everyone's patience as we get these last issues resolved.

The up button on my IQ stopped working when pressed it turns the IQ off .

any help with this one or do I have to send it in under warranty ?

Yes, this is covered. I'll DM you with info to start an RMA!

karotene

No, the buzzing is the mini motor that signals your device when it's reached temperature. Totally normal! :-)

This is not the vibrator/buzzer that indicates temperature. It sounds like electric crackling. Intermittent. On about 2 minutes, off again a minute.

[EDIT] And since I'm not the first person to report it, I'm surprised at your response.

[EDIT2] Just turned it on again to test, and the clicking/crackling was at a low frequency, then when it got to temp it was at at a higher frequency. Raising target temperature lowered the rate of clicking again, until it got close to target temp, when it began kind of spluttering, then at high temp it was at that second, higher frequency. I'm estimating the higher frequency is around 25hz.

[EDIT3] I'm guessing this is the PWM powersupply adjusting frequency to deliver more heat, or maitenance power. What is odd to me is that sometimes I couldn't hear anything.

Last edited:

xhighflyerx23mjx

I've had my IQ for almost 2 years. Cool little unit. Although now, a whole slew of issues has been affecting the Davinci.

Biggest problem is that it doesn't go up to temperature any longer. Unit turns on no problem. If I set the temperature to let's say 370, it will very slowly raise the temperature but it never reaches the designated temp. It sticks around 330 degrees and when I hit it, the temp drops down close to 300 (very rough estimate but I hope you get the idea). I have 4 different batteries that are all in good condition. Each yield the same result.

Also having an issue where the battery meter reads incorrectly (fully charged battery reading as low power). This has been the case since I bought it but I don't think that's a big deal.

There are a few more minor issues that I'm not too worried about. Any idea about the temperature issue? That's my main concern. Just send the vape in?

xhighflyerx23mjx,

Trulukkyphrank

I've had my IQ for almost 2 years. Cool little unit. Although now, a whole slew of issues has been affecting the Davinci.

Biggest problem is that it doesn't go up to temperature any longer. Unit turns on no problem. If I set the temperature to let's say 370, it will very slowly raise the temperature but it never reaches the designated temp. It sticks around 330 degrees and when I hit it, the temp drops down close to 300 (very rough estimate but I hope you get the idea). I have 4 different batteries that are all in good condition. Each yield the same result.

Also having an issue where the battery meter reads incorrectly (fully charged battery reading as low power). This has been the case since I bought it but I don't think that's a big deal.

There are a few more minor issues that I'm not too worried about. Any idea about the temperature issue? That's my main concern. Just send the vape in?

I would say the heater is defect and this should be covered by warranty. Davinci has a great customer service. I had fast results when contacting them here on fc via pm.

django7

Ok, I've had my IQ a few weeks now, so here are my thoughts.

This is a great vape, the best one I've had. It has a couple flaws, but the overall performance is excellent. I like it so well I bought another, so now I have two.

Smart Paths are brilliant, and the option to move to precision mode is great. This vape works with any herb, no issues.

The chamber is a great size -- holds enough to last a couple sessions, great vapor, easy to fill and empty -- it's just about perfect.

Controlling the unit is easy and quick, and I can get exactly what I want without much fuss.

There are really only a few things I'd like to see changed, and they are fairly minor.

1) The LEDs are cool and all, but I'd rather have a nice LCD screen that can show me everything at once. I want to see current temp, set temp, current smart path, battery level -- all at a glance. Can't do that with these LEDs. Also the LEDs are too freaking bright, even in 'stealth' mode. So yeah -- I want a screen instead.

2) That one spot down inside the chamber under the gasket that's hard to clean -- it's a bit of a nuisance.

3) The top does NOT stay closed -- the magnet is too weak. I 'fixed' this by cutting the Davinci wrist-band thingy into narrow strips, and then using one as a rubber band to hold the unit closed. Works great, but it'd be nice if I didn't need it.

Bottom line, this is an awesome device.

Does the quiet buzzing/crackling sound indicate a unit in need of repair? Mine does it intermittently.
No, they all buzz. Even the MIQRO. It's a normal sound.

dimitri

Ok, I've had my IQ a few weeks now, so here are my thoughts.

1) The LEDs are cool and all, but I'd rather have a nice LCD screen that can show me everything at once. I want to see current temp, set temp, current smart path, battery level -- all at a glance. Can't do that with these LEDs. Also the LEDs are too freaking bright, even in 'stealth' mode. So yeah -- I want a screen instead.

Bottom line, this is an awesome device.

Oh yes i agree. Missing my OG's simple screen, but more useful than the LED's !

dimitri,

alpine dude

hello
all of my 5 iq's had heating problems... and broke down.
i vape at 375F.
this vape ist cheap s**t compared to the arizer air and the mighty (both working since 2.5 years without any problems).
i will sell the vape as soon as i get it and buy something proper.
don't get me wrong.
the iq is a handy vape with excellent vape production (for a conduction type). i like the size and the handling.
but:
- its difficult to clean (space between chamber and the tube)
- it gets way to hot
- the battery gets to hot
- the temp set and actual temp in chamber are not exact
- the build is chinese quality (poor details compared to s&b germany)
- the heater is crap. the ticking sound gets on my nerves...

just my 2 cents.
regards, AD

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Good news! We are indeed working on the changes and new updates. There's a bit of a process, but this project is indeed in progress. Will update you all with the lastest news soon!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
At a concert, one of my friends get the IQ, the first time I saw one for real and got the pleasure to test.

Not a bad unit for sure, I was stocked how it's similar in term of building quality and size/shape to the Fog, my friend set it at max temp usually(or smart path 4) but I asked him to lowered the temp to smart path 3, we was blowing clouds as impressive than the neighbour's joint smoke. Taste is pretty good but fade very fast at this temp. I don't think the body to be hotter than most vape using metal body.
Some issues I noticed:
-once the pearl came off on the floor and we was lucky to find it back...
- The battery die on us... is the one included is strong enough?
- the flavor chamber, I can't understand the purpose of that...

My friend got lung issues and this is the reason he bought the IQ, not a bad call at all and he's already in love with vaping (so much he asked to me to buy my Pax3, he is the owner of 2 vapes now even if I told him the Pax3 will not carry something more than the IQ, but both get pros and cons)).

Top Bottom