I just never found it to produce more than a mild body buzz. I just mixed it in peanut butter over night and spread it on crackers.
I vape until it's deep chocolate brown...the LSV is a beast...I still accidentally combust ever so slightly on occasion...which sucks ass because then the bowl and downstem need a quick cleaning. I'm so sensitive to smoke and the taste of combustion now.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Sooo do you guys stir the bowl or no?
Sometimes I give it a stir halfway during a session and that seems to help get more vapor....but not always.

If I'm lazy and just pop a nugglet in ungrinded I will typically stir with a finger and grind it to a dust and that increases the vapor for the rest of the session. I also typically burn myself and spill half the bowl when I do this.

sickmanfraud

Sooo do you guys stir the bowl or no?
Sometimes I give it a stir halfway during a session and that seems to help get more vapor....but not always.

I have had a Solo (Air also) for over 3 years and I can't remember ever removing a stem just to stir.

That said, when I use the Air or Solo in hamster mode, removing the stem between hits I frequently stir the stem since it is my hand and not in the vape.

When I use a small nug like Bieber suggests I use the nug for a session, then smash it and make a second session.

sickmanfraud,

unsorted

Just as an fyi...... I have discovered that the screw-on Tiparillo tip works very well as a tip for my mini-whip. Maybe this has been mentioned, I don't know. The tubing that came with my FC-UFO is 3/8" o.d. I just push-twist the tip onto the tubing and it stays, and does not leak when drawing. The threads in the tip grip the softish tubing, creating a "friction fit". The glass tip that came with it is ok, but I find that I tend to lose my lip-seal when drawing long and slow. Not so with the Tiparillo tip. I think the flatness helps. Anyway, it's now my preferred setup.

QqC3ULl.jpg

lZ0Ebmx.jpg

Mr.Sifter

why is it that the AIR does not get so much love compared to the SOLO ?

just my impression ?

Mr.Sifter,

Mr.Sifter

But what is it?
Sure the SOLO has been here longer and is still in production.

but what can the SOLO do that the AIR can't?
it's the same heating element.
one battery backup and the AIR has a longer running time.
it's significantly ligher and more stealth

just wondering

OF

but what can the SOLO do that the AIR can't?
it's the same heating element.
one battery backup and the AIR has a longer running time.
it's significantly ligher and more stealth

just wondering

It can give you a useful battery level reading? IMO a big shortcoming of the Air. Even if you can 'read' the colors (which not all can) the most important part ('how close to out of gas are we?') is one big useless step? You've got one, or maybe two sessions left. Or none. Or part of one? A step backwards from Solo. When I use Air I miss that. So I count to four and recharge.....if I don't loose count.

No, they are not the same. The seals are entirely different (I think in part from complaints of 'loose stems' with Solo). With Solo you can tip the stem to regulate during the hit, not possible with Air. In exchange we have snug stems in Air. They are similar but not the same.

Well 'the same run time' maybe? To have more you'd need a third 18650. The Solo has plenty of capacity IMO because you can accurately read 5 LEDs on the meter and know you have at least five cycles left. If you need more than 8 per charge that's not going to help of course. I've never been caught with a cold Solo, but I sure can't say that about Air. Like filling the bed of your pickup with cans of gas, you can fill your pockets with 18650s. But like that pickup if the gas tank is reasonable and you have a useful gas gauge it's not a mission critical thing.

It is lighter, but surprisingly easier to drop, at least for me (I tend to be pretty casual, sometimes enjoying the garden as I sip and supervise). Solo has the flats, it doesn't just slip out of your hand if you get distracted or too relaxed.

Other owners who've used both no doubt have their opinions, but I suspect most keep both active?

There are, I think, real advantages that are subjective in value. For some of us, usage patterns overlap enough that I can justify both a Solo and Air, loaded and ready to get picked up. And both do, sometimes with an advantage in mind, sometimes not. I think most guys are well served by either, but might be better served by one over the other which might change with conditions, time of day, gender identity, phase of the moon, or other factors beyond our control.

OF

GetLeft

There's no accounting for taste!
Or first loves!
I had a heck of a time choosing between the two. In the end, it came down to stealth and I went for the AA. If I hadn't had any consideration for stealth, I may very well have gone with the Solo.

unsorted

I got my Air first, after monitoring both threads for a while. It struck me as the best universal option, and I do still think that it's perfect if you need the mobility factor. But after a few weeks or months, I decided that I wanted the Solo as well. Having to switch and charge batteries pretty much every other day just seemed unnecessary, even though it's easy. At home I pretty much use the Solo all the time unless it's being charged. The 12-minute sessions work better for me, in fact I often restart and go an extra 3-5 minutes. As long as vapor is being produced, I don't like to shut down and let it go cold.
They're both great vapes, but if I could only have one, it would be the Solo. And it's less expensive. But hey....everyone needs a backup!

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good to have you around again. Good show you got back in time, some of the guys were planning on selling your gear and dividing up your stash.

It was Ataxian's idea.

OF
Hey Friend,
Please tell @ataxian that my 7z stash is just fine, thank you, as are my 3 sons (Airs). I do have a new mistress (who will remain unnamed in this thread), who's been keeping me a bit busy, as well as my new employ. Life is GRAND, (sip, sip).

OF

I do have a new mistress (who will remain unnamed in this thread), who's been keeping me a bit busy, as well as my new employ.

Details, man, details! Does she have a sister? After all we didn't clam up on you when we coulda.

As far as that 'new employ' stuff, I still strongly recommend retirement.

"The worst day fishing is better than the best day working" you know.

OF

sickmanfraud

why is it that the AIR does not get so much love compared to the SOLO ?

just my impression ?

I can only speak for myself, but I find that the Solo gets to the selected temperature quicker and keeps the load at the selected temperature better than the Air.

I still use them both, but if I could only have one, I think I would take a Solo.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey Friend,
Please tell @ataxian that my 7z stash is just fine, thank you, as are my 3 sons (Airs). I do have a new mistress (who will remain unnamed in this thread), who's been keeping me a bit busy, as well as my new employ. Life is GRAND, (sip, sip).
MR Back Draft,
I'm happy for you to find your sweet spot!
Kind regards,
ataxian

They're both great vapes, but if I could only have one, it would be the Solo. And it's less expensive. But hey....everyone needs a backup!
I think for some one on the go a AIR would support them find.
The SOLO to me is a no nonsense vaporizer.
OK it's price is reasonable.

I'm with @OF
Work is kind of goofy.

I'm afraid to vape out and about?

My home is my hang out.

Whatever your needs are: Find what works for you!

Last edited:

Lokbok

NOT a single huge advantage the AIR has over the SOLO.

SOLO seems so be more than the addition of its parts.

The heat time of the Air I feel is an advantage over the Solo. There is obviously the size advantage and the Air comes out of the factory with replaceable batteries. I don't recall because it's been a while since I've owned a Solo, but the one I had, I couldn't charge the batteries while using it at the same time. I like both, but I prefer the Air slightly over the Solo (Air also sits better upside down on a bubbler). That said, I am in the process of selling my Air as well just because I have too many other vapes.

Mr.Sifter

used the AIR today and did a little testing.

the heat up time is definitely faster.
i really like the small stem with the flat mouthpiece and the fact that it
sits snuggly in the AIR.
Airflow is good and clouds from the first draw. SOLO did take 2-3 draws so get cloudy.

last week I wanted to head out to meet a friend in the park and i told him to wait 1h becuse SOLO is still loading.
that would have been different with the AIR.

what about the heating elements?
AIR and SOLO both use a creamic heater coated with stainless steel, right?

OF

I couldn't charge the batteries while using it at the same time. I like both, but I prefer the Air slightly over the Solo (Air also sits better upside down on a bubbler).

The current version (last two years?) you can 'use while charging'. But, like with Air, you probably shouldn't, especially if you value battery life.

what about the heating elements?
AIR and SOLO both use a creamic heater coated with stainless steel, right?

I wouldn't put it that way. They are both very similar. Even 'the same' to some. Both use a SS cup heated with an external heater (which happens to be ceramic coated). The heater isn't really important, similar vape designs often use wire or foil heaters to heat the part that does the good work. In Solo/Air that work is done by the hot metal cup, how it's heated isn't really important (within reason of course).

From a practical sense they are interchangeable. You can use the same stems in either and both produce vapor in the same basic manner given the same temperatures. Either will serve well, it's individual conditions/values of each owner that really decides which is a better fit......or both?

There's of course a natural tendency to 'root for the home team' going on sometimes too?

OF

Top Bottom