CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I haven't had to send my Air or Solo back to the company but I have dealt with that issue with other vaporizers. It's a hassle to clean and have to pack everything up and then go to the post office to mail it back to the company. Sometimes I've had to pay for shipping myself. Make sure you go with a company that sends out RMAs via computer, where they pay for shipping it back.

That's why I'm always giving Puffitup a shout out. They pay for shipping it back, they will send out RMA return labels if anything needs to be sent back.

Last edited:
The hydrotube from sunshine smoke shop is a little less expensive, I think. And just use it w/ the plastic tip. If you find the draw restriction unbearable, then get a PVHES. I still haven't tried one yet, so maybe they are god's gift... but at over 3x the cost of the stock stems, and with questionable durability (according to the reviews on PV), I don't ever see me personally making the leap. Especially with the AA taking a step down from daily driver to weekend/portable unit.
Thanks for the info on that. I'm tight on money anyway so I may just get the hyrdo tube for now and see how it performs with the stock stem.

I'm about to order two extra batteries. I was going to buy them at puffitup.com unless anyone can direct me to a better place to order. 18.99 a piece seem a little steep......

OF

I'm about to order two extra batteries. I was going to buy them at puffitup.com unless anyone can direct me to a better place to order. 18.99 a piece seem a little steep......

Seems so to me as well. IIRC the last one I got there was about half that? You might wait for a better price, poke around some and/or contact CentiZen and see if he has them. Last I knew he was waiting on more from the maker, but when he has them he has excellent prices......in Canada.

OF

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven

Traaaaan

Thanks for the info on that. I'm tight on money anyway so I may just get the hyrdo tube for now and see how it performs with the stock stem.

AMAZON! Got two samsung 25r's for a total under $20. I DONT KNOW WHY IM YELLING!

Traaaaan,

OF

You'll find most of the AA users here frown on using non OEM batteries. Though noone has really reported any serious issues with it.

Guilty. I'm one of 'em. I've got piles of high end 18650s around here but I bought the genuine article here (although it was ten bucks ATT). Cheap insurance, IMO. And it preserves the warranty. Sure you could fake it and put the factory battery back before sending it in, but 'not my speed'. A deal's a deal and all that.

I have an Air in a case with this spare that gets loaned out (new guys seem to experiment with battery failure at a key time early on......). The spares see some serious use in that mode. But the other 3/4 of the time that battery is here, doing backup duty backing up the backup Air. Kind of Zen like? Dual life......

But I'm not looking at forty bucks for a pair of 'em. Fortunately. So far the original battery is soldiering on like nobody's business. Four full sessions to the charge. I can almost always count that high making me a very happy owner with a plan.

OF

CarolKing

I'm guilty too. I like to error on the side of caution. If the company tells me not to do something I generally take warning. It's not worth the little bit you save. You don't need many batteries to keep the vapor flowing.

We didn't make this info up here on the thread. Between Arizer and @OF that's good enough caution for me. It's not a conspiracy or anything. I guess I don't understand why the big issue? Many of us spend hundreds of dollars on vaporizers let alone the money we spend on top shelf. Why would we skimp on a battery?:hmm:

Hyphy

AA battery's are overpriced and under-perform IMO. I can see AA's position because if you get a counterfeit battery (ebay, other) then you have no idea what spec the battery is rated to and certain things are really important, like continuous current rating. The best two batteries out there are probably the LG HG2 and Samsung 30Q. Not only are they 3000mah but they are able to sustain higher voltage as they drain, which means less current (amps) to sustain the same power (watts), which means longer runtimes (amp-hours). Look them up on the web, they're well reviewed by the flashlight/ecig communities.

That leaves where to source them. I get my batteries from https://www.mtnelectronics.com/which is a reputable store in the flashlight community (CPF/BLF anyone?). Obviously flat top, unprotected. But we're talking like $6 a piece for some of the best batteries in existence. Based out of Utah I believe so quick ship in the states. Arizer is taking people for a ride with their OEM batteries, but to each their own.

Oh, and if Randy is watching, I never use anything but stocks in my AA :evil:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Buying Arizer approved batteries is no hassle really but if you want to buy non approved batteries that is perfectly fine. Just expect zero sympathy & much mirth from the community here if things go pear shaped :2c:. Maybe my carefree attitude to money is different to most as I pay $26 per battery & don't worry about it? I treat my batteries like shit but they still charge up to 4.18v & I get 5-6 10 minute sessions on green out of each battery.

Most of my Air usage is dry these days although yesterday I did a stem through my KO PNWT & it was quite enjoyable. Not sure of how clumsy you are @I'm Ron Burgundy but you may get more bang for your buck getting a 14mm Ed's TnT stem? Not quite as good as a GonG but indestructible & you can use it as a direct draw stem as well or get the shorty version just for water use. The KO PNWT's are a fun toy & great for travel but a small bubbler or bong will be more useful I think & you should find a good one for under $25US delivered.

Stevenski,

OF

Do the tubes leak?? The whole point of getting a hyrdo tube is for water filtration on the go. I have and LSV and bong for vaporbonging.

I went with the OEM battery from puffitup. I only purchased one for now. I'd rather not mess with buying the off brand.

All the full size 'hydrotubes' I have (F-Bomb, PNWT and so on) will leak if inverted, caution is required.

However, smaller version designed for 'vape pens' often have traps built in preventing leaks. If you look carefully you'll see a short tube extending downward toward the water from the MP:
0UpeNOl.jpg

If inverted the water collects around the tube, but not high enough to spill over the opening. There's a similar but smaller 'tube trap' at the bottom that keeps it from leaking in the normal position. Once you fill it, invert it and blow out what you can (and sometimes shake it a bit if water is trapped in the trap tube) and you're good to go. When I first got this type I carried it around in my shirt pocket testing for leaks. It fell out once (didn't break......sorry Ataxian.....) and eventually water evaporated some, but no leaks.

Cleaning is super easy, a short soak in hot PBW and a good rinse and it's squeaky clean. Do the rinse right and it's full of fresh water 'up to the mark' and you're Jake.

OF

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Do the tubes leak?? The whole point of getting a hyrdo tube is for water filtration on the go. I have and LSV and bong for vaporbonging.

Like @OF said the KO PNWT does leak if inverted but it depends on how mobile you want to be. You can't carry it around filled like the Ecig option OF has but they do tend to be a more heavy duty option from a glass thickness standpoint.

Here is a dozen different options from $4-6.50 each & I am tempted to buy a few for shits, giggles & gifts.

https://www.fasttech.com/search?shisha pipe straight

I went with the OEM battery from puffitup. I only purchased one for now. I'd rather not mess with buying the off brand.

You only really need one spare unless you plan on vaping more than 100-120 minutes of vape time without charging. I use 3 but that is just to rotate them & I have needed all 3 batteries only once.

CarolKing

I have a couple of the original Pinnacle Pro Microshower water tubes that I bought from Vaporblunt during a sale a while back. I bought them to use with the PP. I've tried them with other vaporizers too. They both will leak occasionally so be careful. I can't comment on the knock offs, but I would assume to be cautious.

Last edited:

doob

First off, howdy! Welcome to the Forum I hope we can help you out.

But I'm a bit confused, are you loading tobacco or herb in your Air?

Is this your only vaping experience? If so that calls for a different set of rules to separate smoking from vaping I'm thinking. Are you smoking (combusting) either tobacco or pot currently?

TIA for the additional information.

OF

Bit of a late reply sorry haha. Only vaping herb, not used a vape before. So done research and ended up with this Air. I pretty much stopped using it as novelty wore off.. I am going to clean the stems and try again as I have some new cured herb to try, I will use it for 2 weeks and see

doob,
Reactions: OF

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
I agree. A lot of the people on the Air thread are incredibly helpful and don't mind if questions are asked that have already been asked. Everyone just wants to help. I love lurking this thread!

I never understood why people got upset about things like that.

If it has been answered in the last 3-4 pages then it's understandable but if you expect someone to read through 364 pages to find an answer to a simple question then you're just an ahole. Plus things can change. I don't expect an answer from 2 years ago to still be relevant every time.

OF

I never understood why people got upset about things like that.

Perhaps because you're not the one supplying the same answers time after time after time?

If it hasn't been brought up recently that's entirely different from when it's just been covered which is fairly often for the questions that come up fairly often......and many do come up fairly often. We all agreed to lurk first and be sure the topic hasn't just been covered. Surely you're not suggesting that happens in many of these cases? I've personally pointed out 'this was just covered in the post before yours'.

It would be better, no doubt, with a different structure or better search function but let's be honest the ease of 'I'll just ask on the web' is also a factor sometimes? Not everyone is checking first like they agreed to IMO.

And they still need an answer, someone will give it to them........

OF

Ok I figured it wasn't necessary given my mixed results. I will however save the avb so i can run in through the LSV and get a couple more hits.

I typically throw away my avb with the LSV because there is literally such little cannabinoids left it's not worth making edibles IMO.

I'm Ron Burgundy?,
Reactions: GetLeft
Top Bottom