Prof77

My understanding is that they discontinued the OG stir tool. Probably a liability issue.......with that sharp point. I ,too, lost mine and like the sharp end rather than the scoop end.

Living in Asia I find hundreds of different little metal earwax spoons, similar to a mini-coke spoon, that I have purchased and work great as stirrers and cost about 25 cents each [no otolarengologists warnings about don't use in your ears needed] .

Has anyone used http://www.dhgate.com/product/best-quality-liitokala-lii-260-lcd-18650/199545074.html to charge their Air batteries or does anyone know if it would work?

Thanks, P77

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Has anyone used http://www.dhgate.com/product/best-quality-liitokala-lii-260-lcd-18650/199545074.html to charge their Air batteries or does anyone know if it would work?

Thanks, P77
I have never used that charger but the specs look very nice. Has a discharge function so it calculates the capacity. Could come in useful.
Cut off is 4.2 volts and charges at .5 or 1 amp. All is good there.

I have a NiteCore D4 on order myself. Currently using 3 different chargers for different batteries and the D4 will clear some counter space. :)

sickmanfraud

Living in Asia I find hundreds of different little metal earwax spoons, similar to a mini-coke spoon, that I have purchased and work great as stirrers and cost about 25 cents each [no otolarengologists warnings about don't use in your ears needed] .

Thanks, P77

I have no experience with these chargers, but you can get a nitecore d2 for cheaper on amazon.

UnshavenFish

As @Pipes says it matches spec wise so should be fine, I also have never used that one but do have one very similar (was sent free of charge to try) http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OFKN8OG?psc=1
I do like the capacity function (although takes many hours as expected, as it charges battery full then discharges, gives results then charges again) the capacity readings are not 100% accurate but are close enough to get a very good idea.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Shape a small screen into a dome and place it inverted (dome side up toward the oven) into the longer of the two AA stems.
Load the bowl half way (or ¾) full without packing it in.
Don't stress about the thick-ish pull; draw as it lets you draw.
Vape a session on blue to see how it does, and adjust upward from there. (Good to have a good baseline.)
Never used it with a water tool so others will give you direction in that department.
Oh yeah.
Enjoy the buzz.
a
I'm about to give it a try right now. Arizer makes a dome screen, correct? Dome side toward the oven, concave side (under side) or top side facing oven. Sorry for confusion.
thanks
-M
PS: TESTING - did the dome screen. I'm a little amazed at how much vaping I'm getting out of almost no material. Taste pretty good, just playing.

Last edited:

snamuh

ghost
I'm about to give it a try right now. Arizer makes a dome screen, correct?
thanks
-M
Not sure about arizer... If you have a marker you can make a dome out of a regular screen. I made mine out of enano basket screens and a sharpie (grey ones without the more pointy end) - you may have to cut them to get the diameter right...

Though those eBay screens do look better for the air in terms of grade.

UnshavenFish

a
I'm about to give it a try right now. Arizer makes a dome screen, correct? Dome side toward the oven, concave side (under side) or top side facing oven. Sorry for confusion.
thanks
-M

I don't think the arizer dome/basket screens fit the air, and the dome can go either way one way gives a bigger bowl and the other a smaller one, try both and see what you prefer, I could give the UK link but that's probably no good for you but the U.S. Link is on last few pages somewhere.

Also pull the stem out 1-2mm once all the way in to improve airflow.

yekezil

Hey, what's up everyone?

So after lurking a bit I've finally bought my Arizer Air. It's already my new favorite vape and I'm having good times together with my water tool.

However I noticed that quite a lot of herb is passing through the stock glass stem. This isn't a really big deal as I'm using a watertool, but when I inhale straight from the stem I get quite a lot of herb in my mouth. Am I grinding it too fine? I'm using the MFLB nano grinder.

Anyways I'm off for another session, thanks!

OF

Am I grinding it too fine? I'm using the MFLB nano grinder.

If you're getting more debris through than you want, chances are the grind is too fine. The LB finish grinder is too fine anyway, IMO. I suggest a coarser grind (I personally prefer shredder type as opposed to a grinder), it not only sheds less but seems to get glued into a single 'plug' (and not fall onto the metal bowl as much).

A fine screen will also cut it down/eliminate it, just be sure to dome it up enough so vapor can flow under it to find the holes (or the screen fouls quickly over the holes), my favorite size for this is 5/8 inch.

Regards,

OF

Last edited:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Hey, what's up everyone?

So after lurking a bit I've finally bought my Arizer Air. It's already my new favorite vape and I'm having good times together with my water tool.

However I noticed that quite a lot of herb is passing through the stock glass stem. This isn't a really big deal as I'm using a watertool, but when I inhale straight from the stem I get quite a lot of herb in my mouth. Am I grinding it too fine? I'm using the MFLB nano grinder.

Anyways I'm off for another session, thanks!

EDIT; OF beat me to it LOL

Yea id try a less fine grind, or just add a screen. I was doubtful on the use of screens at first but they really do help out, and not just by keeping stuff from sucking through the stem, they seem to help the herbs extract more consistently/evenly and even reduces airflow restrictions a little...

I still need to try the dome screens... but i have domed a few of my own and it worked well. But right now im using flat screens at the moment even in the small shorty bowl. Seems to work well.

Well guys... Looks like i will be having a custom buckeye burl Underdog log vaped made soon.. Im excited :D Should pair up with the Air well. The EQ has been put away for a bit but will still be used when we have people over. Hard to beat the convenience of passing a couple bags around. But im thinking the Air will be my portable and the UD will be my main home unit...

GetLeft

But im thinking the Air will be my portable and the UD will be my main home unit...

The AA rocks. Straightforward (if I can figure it out on my my virgin run, that means one thing: it is well designed), highly effective, discrete. It's been all I could have I dreamt it would be and more. I don't ever see myself being without one.

I admit, I was a little bewildered when, after purchasing my AA, I first read @OF suggest that two vapes are better than one (i.e., one benefits from a backup vape [or two or three]). I thought I had met the only vaping need I'd ever have.

But spend enough time on FC and you'll probably end up changing your mind. I was highly impressed by the UD as I was snooping around. It was a tough call and I almost went for one (just like I had a hard time deciding between the AA and mflb). But the lack of control over temp (other than buy screen position) made me shy away from the UD and I went the way of the nano, which I should be trying for the first time at some point early next week. Then I should be :tup: for a while at least.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
The more I play with the AA, the more I like it. I'm just using the long stem, playing with the domed screen, getting hammered while using very little material. I'm likin' that a lot...
Like starting at green, smooth, sippable - I bet Ed's mouthpieces will improve it even more. Suggestions on best stem?

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
The AA rocks. Straightforward (if I can figure it out on my my virgin run, that means one thing: it is well designed), highly effective, discrete. It's been all I could have I dreamt it would be and more. I don't ever see myself being without one.

I admit, I was a little bewildered when, after purchasing my AA, I first read @OF suggest that two vapes are better than one (i.e., one benefits from a backup vape [or two or three]). I thought I had met the only vaping need I'd ever have.

But spend enough time on FC and you'll probably end up changing your mind. I was highly impressed by the UD as I was snooping around. It was a tough call and I almost went for one (just like I had a hard time deciding between the AA and mflb). But the lack of control over temp (other than buy screen position) made me shy away from the UD and I went the way of the nano, which I should be trying for the first time at some point early next week. Then I should be :tup: for a while at least.

I have been using the Air for months, and love it. Its a great portable. Also have the EQ and its a sweet desktop... Was also looking into the lily... and might still get one eventually to cover the portable butane aspect......

But i want a Log.... I chose the UD over the nano for several reasons but this probably isnt the place to discuss them in great detail, i will say from what i have been reading, with a vvps you can indeed change temps. Lots of options with it. I have read a LOT of the pages from both the nano and the UD.. Honestly i believe for me, i made the right decision.

Not saying there is anything wrong with either... But i have also spoke with 2 people who own both, and they recommended the UD to me as well... Again not saying some might not prefer the nano... But for me i believe the UD is a better choice....

Also, to top if off..... someone, amazingly generous, anonymously offered to pay for my custom UD vape. :love:

So between that amazing act of generosity, how awesome the UD team have been to talk to, and the features and functions... Im thinking im a dog already and i dont even have the vape yet HAHAHA

But i think a log, from either company, pairs nicely with the Air!! So im looking forward to trying it out!!

Resinberg

I'm looking into one of these I'm wondering if someone can clear up a question ?

Is the air similar to the persei where if I upgrade to an AW IMR 18650 will I have a stronger battery ... Is it ok if I used an upgraded battery ?

Thanks for any info

OF

I'm looking into one of these I'm wondering if someone can clear up a question ?

Is the air similar to the persei where if I upgrade to an AW IMR 18650 will I have a stronger battery ... Is it ok if I used an upgraded battery ?

Thanks for any info

No, it's regulated. AW IMRs are 'wasted' in that the Air doesn't use that capacity but ironically due to the lower maH capacity will need recharging sooner. And 'wear out' in less cycles. No hotter or colder, just less sessions per charge. On a more expensive battery that wears out faster. Persei, being unregulated, is another story performance wise.....not here.

The factory battery is the best possible one available after long search and testing by several of 'the usual suspects'. Centizen actually bought a batch of the genuine articles and sells them discounted (although shipping can eat that up). You can generally get them for $10 when you buy your unit, another is recommended even if you have lots of AW IMRs around like I do. Best possible performance, low price, preserves the warranty, what's not to like?

OF

I think my air has died. I left it plugged in last night to charge and I woke up this morning and none of the LEDs were lit up. Powered on and it shows that the battery is dead, solid red led. If I plug it in without the battery I cannot power it up. Should I be able to turn it on with just ac power, no battery? When I plug the unit in it doesn't respond at all.

Anybody else have this problem? Not sure if it's a bad power adapter or unit. HELP!

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
I think my air has died. I left it plugged in last night to charge and I woke up this morning and none of the LEDs were lit up. Powered on and it shows that the battery is dead, solid red led. If I plug it in without the battery I cannot power it up. Should I be able to turn it on with just ac power, no battery? When I plug the unit in it doesn't respond at all.

Anybody else have this problem? Not sure if it's a bad power adapter or unit. HELP!

Sorry to hear about the vape. Just to confirm you cannot turn on the vape without a battery inside.

The vape uses more power than the charger alone can provide.

UnshavenFish

Does anyone know how many watts the heater is in the Air?

Was just reading an article that mentioned the Grasshopper was a massive 45 and the mighty was 30.

Just intruged is all :)

At a guess I would say under 20 due to the design of the heater maybe even as low as 10 at times but this is just guess work :shrug:

I think I have a vague memory of this happening to someone else :hmm: I would try charging again give it 30minutes to 1 hour on charge and try it, if it powers on put it back on charge till full,and no the unit won't power on without a battery inserted.

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado

I also remembered someone had a different issue, emailed Arizer and there's some form of soft reset you can do on the air.

If the above advice doesn't work contact Arizer.

OF

Does anyone know how many watts the heater is in the Air?

Was just reading an article that mentioned the Grasshopper was a massive 45 and the mighty was 30.

Sure, generally the same as Solo. A bit under 20 Watts peak (say 12 average?). Higher peak currents are only useful if you're in a hurry since it's a closed loop, once in regulation the average is what's needed to make up for heat losses and make vapor. No magic really. And straight power numbers like that aren't really much of a useful measure WRT performance (remember log vapes are under ten Watts and do just fine) but they do impress buyers I guess.

Don't fall into the 'bigger is better' trap.

The general answer about Air heater power is "plenty for the job it has to do"?

OF

Top Bottom