Discontinued The 8 Herb Vaporizer for the Persei

OF

And OF when I saw the avatar I totally got what THC and jpdnkstr were getting at, your like the judge of all vapes, hands down expert, Laws of Nature enforcer, but the mean looking judge guy does give me the willies, I definitely don't see you that way. Keep it up buddy, appreciate all your input.

Wow, what an ego rush! Thanks very much. Past the flattering part, I'm with you there. It's good fun, and I'm big on obeying Ohm's law and all, but the perspective and demeanor might not be the best. Arbitrary, intimidation and dominating are not generally good factors in the free exchange of ideas....nor do they encourage those who come to us for help.

I see it as perhaps more important for those not 'in on the joke' that those of us who are?

Still a fun picture.......

Thanks again, more food for thought.

OF

OF,

sgvpunk

I just purchased an omicron v2. Im a lil bummed seeing as this adapter only works on the Persei. Will there be an attachment available for the omicron in the near future?

sgvpunk,

OF

Hmmm, that is going to be a really interesting emergency room visit, be sure to take your Omicron/Persei with you, those waiting rooms can be a bitch.

Naw, bad call. You sucking around for a "Medical misadventure"? That's what they call it when they kill someone accidentally.... I'm not kidding, "misadventure". I bet the dead guy looked at that adventure a little differently?

Point is, you don't really want the ER guys checking out your gear at a time like that do you? Don't give them the chance to call 'dibs' and go on break......

OF

zmurder

I hear ya, but the way this works is if you dont use it it will cook the herb, so once it heats 290F you gotta start drawing on it.

I guess I'm just a little bummed that this turned out to be a conduction vape. Certainly explains the battery life, though not the price tag. With all the talk of advancing vaporizer technology I thought we'd be getting another cool convection portable. This isn't to prejudge the 8 -- I'm sure I'll end up with one eventually -- but this is a lot of money to spend on a conduction vape with their attendant (IMO) taste issues.

zmurder,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I guess I'm just a little bummed that this turned out to be a conduction vape. Certainly explains the battery life, though not the price tag. With all the talk of advancing vaporizer technology I thought we'd be getting another cool convection portable. This isn't to prejudge the 8 -- I'm sure I'll end up with one eventually -- but this is a lot of money to spend on a conduction vape with their attendant (IMO) taste issues.
it's about versatility and we haven't even seen the price tag.

Bob Loblaw,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes

This is not to say they wont make a convection. Gs the man with a plan. Vaporization science. This is step one of a hundred mile journey. Give it a try and then decide. But the 8 also has no listed price. If it doesnt tickle your fancy, wait. Im sure G'll put something out that does :tup: Ooohhh Yeeaahh

Porquiplane,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right

Waiting for batteries to start testing. Looking it over and talking to previous tester (DubC) I've got an idea to try that might address your issue to some extent. Vague enough for you? Need to do some experimenting, but will try to remember to address your concern...assuming I can remember. :smug:

another cool convection portable.
To be fair, pretty much all "convection" portables, aren't truly all convection. Some have a nice mix of "vect" and "duct", but still can't claim "all convection". With the name "portable", there is usually meds close to the heat source, witch usually means the "bowl" will get hot as f***, in the end, conduction is almost inevitable. I hoping the 8 may have a nice mixture for us.

OF

I hear you, ZM, that's the downside of anticipation all right. It leads to expectations which can extend to judgments before all the facts that really matter are in. I'm next on the list to try it out. I'm hoping to judge it on performance alone, as near as I can. I too have a bias toward convection systems but if it does a good job it does a good job as I see it. The idea that it might completely vape what you put in it and deliver that to you using less power or in an easier to use manner should I think be fully looked into no matter how it gets there.

I strongly suspect by this time next week SC will have shaken it out with folks he knows as will I. At that point we'll know a whole lot more about it from a practical point than we do now. FWIW, my brief session with it at the show (far from ideal conditions) was going very well until I screwed up somehow and got that sucker to combust on me.....talk about a buzz kill.....

I know it's been a long time coming, I hope you can hang in there another week or so? I plan to have something to say on the matter by then.

OF

zmurder

it's about versatility and we haven't even seen the price tag.

By price tag I was referring to the ~$200 that G said it would be for just the attachment..... not official or final..... but enough to at least start talking about price I would think.

Nobody else seems concerned about a $200 conduction vaping *attachment* so I'll keep quiet. Don't want to derail this hype train.

zmurder,
Top Bottom