The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
No matter how many hateful things Trump said it didn't matter to people. That is the scary part. No @t-dub it's not sour grapes it's reality. Also I don't appreciate being called hateful with people that don't agree with me. Yes I think bigots are stupid. Watch your tone - that wasn't nice.

The people have spoken. I disagree with the people's decision but life has to go on and we make the best of it. Nothing other to do. I'm wishing Trump a great presidency the nation is depending on it. Both candidates were flawed.

We knew this was a possibility all along. We all learned a very valuable lesson for the future. We have a lot of complacency in America. Trump is the biggest example.

Unforetunetly @turk the same folks will be in power except for the president. Republicans won big time.
Now the building of the wall. Let's see how fast that happens. I hope things don't get ugly. Like folks with brown skin targeted to prove if they are legal.

How did everybody get it so wrong in the polls? Don't trust polls. It was an election like no other.

Edit
Congratulations for all the states that won cannabis for your state medical or legal. That's good news at least. It's taken all time for Florida.

Hillary needs to go home and enjoy her grandchildren for a while. Get some perspective. A very big disappointment for her.

Obama wasn't able to transfer his popularity.

Last edited:

turk

turk
....we must remember the lessons learned...you can't place lipstick on a pig and call it a beauty queen..(I am NOT making a gender statement!)...Hillary was the perfect candidate for trump...all the geniuses from the DCC....DLC...and their "studies"..and "charts"...every one of them that got paid to deliver this...
...if this is what it takes to throw these pricks out of power...so be it...

BD9

I'm on hold with the Diane Rehm Show on NPR. I may get on the air. They're discussing the trump win.

BD9,
Reactions: turk

kimura

Trump may very well appoint Chris Christie Attorney General which could cancel out all of the huge strides that have been taken toward legalization. Christie has explicitly said that he would bring the wrath of the federal government down on all the states that have legal/liberal cannabis policies. federal government doesn't see a dime of those tax revenues

also, does anybody seriously believe that this regime will be against the private prison industry?

whole lotta wishful thinking going down in here

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Trump is actually a better choice for MJ than Clinton was. Silver lining to a really dark F'ing cloud?

Of course the following is based on what Trump said and this could all change the next time he moves his lips.....

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/...gn=article&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=yahoo-2

Snipits.....
For those who may not have followed Trump's pledges and proposals on the campaign trail, one such suggestion made by the president-elect is that he would reschedule marijuana from its current illicit status as a Schedule 1 substance to perhaps Schedule 2 or lower. Schedule 1 substances are considered federally illegal and perceived to have no medical benefits, whereas Schedule 2 substances and lower are considered to have medical benefits but are also perceived to have addictive qualities.

According to Trump, he is "in favor of medical marijuana 100%."

Effectively legalizing medical cannabis at the national level would allow physicians the ability to write prescriptions for marijuana, and it would open the floodgates to medical research into pot, granting easier access to researchers, universities, and drug companies.

However, Trump's move to decriminalize and legalize medical cannabis could also be a death knell for much of the medical pot industry. An unintended consequence of rescheduling marijuana at the federal level (the presumption here is that the federal government would move it to Schedule 2) is that it would effectively make cannabis a regulated drug. As such, it would come under the strict control of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

After the Trump win......I'm feeling the 'burn' this morning but this time it's my intestinal track and my head ..... I long for the time when Feeling the 'Bern' meant something and it was entirely a different feeling.

kimura

I don't actually expect the FDA to treat cannabis like a drug. In scientific terms, it's not a drug. It's a plant that produces an array of active compounds that work together to create cohort effects and such... throw in the fact that different strains produce different compounds, or at least different levels of cannabinoids... I've read that they are even still discovering new landraces that produce unique molecules. chemically fairly complicated I imagine. I expect drugs based on cannabis to be developed and marketed. probably very effective and useful drugs

as far as the plant itself, I think it's more likely that it would come to be treated like tobacco. not treated as a drug, but regulated nonetheless. this would of course put a lot of people out of business. probably inevitable in the long run.

but a Christie AG appointment could mean rescheduling, regulation, research, drug development, but also a federal crackdown on production and sale of the cannabis itself on the state level. could really help corner the market for whichever drug/tobacco companies are going to be involved

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I hope things don't get ugly. Like folks with brown skin targeted to prove if they are legal.

Exactly what has happened in the UK after Brexit. Not even being asked to prove anything just being told to leave.

make cannabis a regulated drug

UK government is trying this with CBD products. Turn it into a 'medicine' making it illegal to purchase, but nothing in place to allow people who have come to rely on it being able get it from their GP's.

turk

turk
...eerily similar to the dems rolling over on the black vote count in Florida 2000...lesson....the dems AlWAYS cave....yeah American exceptionalism...

jay87

As much as I hate Donald Trump, and I do hate him.... I do relish the opportunity to watch this series of events unfold; be it at the expense of my freedoms but that's hardly negotiable.

I don't think Donald himself knows this yet because he's basking in his victory, but the pressure has just begun to bear down on him.

1 year from now we will still be at war in the middle east, we will still have issues with illegal immigration, we definitely will still have economic issues and a lack of jobs. And who is it all of us will look at and blame?

Donald said he knew how to defeat ISIS
Donald said only he could fix the economy
Donald said he would make us Great Again.

If he fails to address these issues given an almost impossible expectation, or if he makes any mistakes or unexpected circumstances arise that make him fall short, he will be under fire from everyone.

I look forward to the show :popcorn:

jay87

A little safety question. Does a wise person stop posting if the Trump's administration appointed attorney general is someone excessively anti-cannabis such as Chris Christie?

:|

I'm personally betting that Trump will support marijuana primarily because of the money involved. Also he has supported state's rights and medical marijuana as well.

But really who knows.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
When the wrong candidate wins the right election
11/09/16 08:00 AM—Updated 11/09/16 08:01 AM

By Steve Benen
Nearly two decades ago, “The Simpsons” aired one of my favorite episodes, “Trash of the Titans,” featuring Steve Martin playing the role of Springfield Sanitation Commissioner Ray Patterson, a dedicated, competent public servant. I realize this may not seem immediately relevant this morning, but hear me out.

After squabbling with local garbage collectors, Homer Simpson grew to hate Patterson, and confronted the sanitation commissioner at his office, throwing around ignorant, self-gratifying nonsense. “I came to fight city hall,” Simpson declared, despite having no idea what he was talking about. “I want to shake things up, Patterson. Stir up some controversy, rattle a few cages.”

Patterson, eager to get back to work, tried to be reasonable, but soon grew impatient, telling Simpson, “Nobody wants to hear the nonsensical ravings of a loudmouthed malcontent!”

“Oh, we’ll see about that!” Simpson responded, deciding to run against Patterson in the next election, assuming locals would very much like to hear the nonsensical ravings of a loudmouthed malcontent.

Soon after, the two had a debate, which to Patterson’s great frustration, descended into farcical incoherence, with Simpson making ridiculous promises and displaying profound ignorance. “All right, fine,” Patterson eventually told voters. “If you want an experienced public servant, vote for me. But if you want to believe a bunch of crazy promises … then by all means vote for this sleazy lunatic.”

Moments later, we learned that voters had elected the sleazy lunatic.

Of course, the results were disastrous, and the people of Springfield quickly realized they’d made a terrible mistake. At a town meeting, voters fired Simpson and agreed to give Patterson his job back.

Except, by that point, it was too late. “Oh gosh,” Patterson said, feigning appreciation. “You know, I’m not much on speeches, but it’s so gratifying to leave you wallowing in the mess you’ve made. You’re screwed. Thank you. Bye.”

America, I have some bad news for you. Your fellow citizens were given a very similar choice in this year’s presidential election. They did not choose wisely.

And to paraphrase the wise words of former Springfield Sanitation Commissioner Ray Patterson, we’re screwed.

Last night’s results suggest such reflection is unlikely, but I hope many Americans pause to remember this day. It’s the day that will change everything, the day that will set the country and the world on a new, frightening course, from which there may be no recovery.

The day in which we had a choice – and we chose tragedy.

The American experiment has faced all kinds of challenges, but I don’t think it’s hyperbolic in the slightest to say it’s never faced a test as dangerous as Donald Trump’s presidency.

Let no one say we weren’t warned.

Postscript: In the short term, I don’t envy America’s parents this morning. It will be challenging, to put it mildly, to explain to kids that even if they don’t work hard, even if they don’t treat people with decency and respect, even if they lie uncontrollably, they can still become president of the United States.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
A little safety question. Does a wise person stop posting if the Trump's administration appointed attorney general is someone excessively anti-cannabis such as Chris Christie?

:|

No, only the paranoid would stop. It doesn't seem a good use of federal resources to troll pro-canna forums looking for info on everyday users? For those with :tinfoil:, there's a thread in Community forum about cyber security/tor/vpn.

syrupy,
Reactions: steama
Top Bottom