The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

lwien

We elected a narcissistic, man-baby racist and bigot to the WhiteHouse. The country wanted to vote someone in who's an outsider, someone who is totally different than our current president. Well, without a doubt, they did exactly that.

TeeJay1952

Calm down. Biggest objections to Trump was He doesn't do what he promises, He has no plan to implement, He takes all side of issues, He promised grandiose things and rolls back after commitment. We complained that we won't know what he will do and we still don't. My greatest hope is he is an Orange Lincoln. He is Schroedinger's President.

We thought Obama would be much more effective than he was. We gave up on Income Equality and focused on Health care for Hobos. Now we focused on Bathroom Inequality for .0001% of population. We need loftier goals.

I feel much more comfortable being an outlaw than trying to explain the Bailout of Banks instead of homeowners.

Beware the Constitutional Convention. It will start out removing Electoral College but will end up who knows where.

GetLeft

An orange lincoln guided by:

fbz_fe9167ce241b49a6311185a30a807ccb.jpg

and

18zd3a.jpg

Baron23

There are some of Trumps supporters that aren't bigots, I know that.
@Baron23 you made your point several times. You are putting words in my mouth. Of course I don't believe 55 million aren't all bigots but Trump is who the KKK and Breitbart News supported. What are we suppose to believe? Trump's statements alone were decisive and bigoted.

Let alone the grabbing of women's private parts and getting away with it WTF. I really thought that would blow him out of the water. I can't wrap my head around it.

Edit
If we lived in China we could get shot for protesting. I'm glad and thankful we have that right.
He needs to listen to what the protesters are saying and address their fears.
I don't think I put words in your mouth, Carol....I just quoted you verbatim.

Yes, members of the KKK probably did vote for Trump. Members of the Communist party probably voted for HRC. So, if I said that "there are some HRC suppoters that aren't bigots", you would accept that as a fair and even handed statement.

Yes, I have made this point before. As you have made your same basic points over and over again in this thread. I don't remember anyone calling you out on it.

Cheers and have a great day. :):wave:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Well at least the crazy fucking Skinheads living down the street are happy "Country is finally on the Right Track" they say.

When I hear "trump supporter" I can only picture them(the nazi skinheads) in my minds eye.

Scott A

...there is no left in America ...Clinton was NOT a leftist...the left have never been in control in this country...the center is NOT the left...this country has moved so far to the right..people think the dems are leftist...lovely.
Oh jesus I think I might have been cut by all that edge.

Scott A,
Reactions: Baron23

Baron23

...there is no left in America ...Clinton was NOT a leftist...the left have never been in control in this country...the center is NOT the left...this country has moved so far to the right..people think the dems are leftist...lovely.

Yeah....wow....I just turned 64 and the one single thing that I am confident about in all of that life experience is that EVERY-FUCKING-BODY thinks they are the right thinking and reasonable ones occupying the center. EVERYBODY thinks they wear the white hat and the 'other' side wears all black. Everybody thinks they are the center and people who don't agree with them are the radicals. sigh

Then we wonder why the level of discourse in our country has fallen to such low levels.

Cheers

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well I think this thread, for me at least, has served its purpose. I came here to learn but what I didn't realize is what I would be learning. I now know a lot more about myself and more about what motivates others on the battlefield of ideas. Its amazing that our community kept a thread like this together, its a real testament to the quality of the people on FC.

So I thank you all for putting up with me and my mindless obsession with Wikileaks and hacking in general. I am a computer junkie after all and what we witnessed was unprecedented in Presidential election history. The view behind the curtain was a real eye opener for me. I think the world has changed in this regard and I think we will see more of it in the future.

So without further ado I will sign off like the TV stations used to do every night and leave you with this little gem below. Its worth watching. This country belongs to all of us and we must work together if we are going to forge a brighter future. I'll be seeing you all around the forum . . . :peace:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
This election has humbled me and has caused me to question how 'sure' I should be of my thought processes. I thought I was decent at being able to look through the eyes of the other person and/or look into other angles that may disagree with my own before finalizing my viewpoint.

I was 100% positive HRC would win and Trump would lose. I thought the majority of the country believed as I did and would vote accordingly. It was inconceivable to me that a person like Trump would be elected POTUS. I view my new found insecurity as a gift and will open it more often and with more attention than the past. There is a benefit here.

Trump has won I am owning the fact that my candidate lost and did so in a big, surprising way. The people have spoken and I must admit to myself that I was practicing a blinding version of hubris. I intend to give Trump the chance to govern in the same way I would have wanted the Repubs to give HRC the chance to govern if she had won. I'm sure there are many who will differ from me and opt for 'quid pro quo' by being every bit the close minded, roadblock they believe the Repubs have been when dealing with Obama. To each his/her own. I'm going to look for the high road (no pun intended) and hope for hands reaching across the isle in compromise. My candidate didn't win and I don't want to add 'sore loser' to the mix.

Some of the post election TV programs are claiming that one of the bigger reason for the HRC loss was that more than anything 'the Dems stayed home'. I've heard this several times in conjunction with "they stayed home because HRC was a guarantee in their minds or they were disgusted with all the baggage". If this is true it's even more of a reason for me, as part of the Dems, to own it even though I voted for HRC when my brethren didn't.

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/20th-century-death/
1276_20th_Century_Death.png

Go to the "ideology" area. (If the picture does not zoom, use the link.) I think @Baron23 was bending over backwards to find a fair example.

You are conflating an ideology that was taken over by strong men and used in the name of their own profiting with the systematic cutting off of societal influence and power to an entire race.

Both are evil, but inherently so, only one idea is.

And that you view these equally tells me something. You are one of the people that made me vote against Drumpf.

Edit: And to head you off, I'm not part of the Communist Party. I voted for Bernie and do believe in social democracies, but that's probably all the same to some.

Well the difference being, one is the government taking over your life in every manner such as job, abode and influence...while the other is ensuring our vehicles of society drag along the weakest denominator so no one is left in complete squalor or without services.

In my mind, Bernie talked like another Jesus. I'll miss Bernie now more than ever. Live to 100 Bernie! I think we'll need you.

Last edited:

GetLeft

Some of the post election TV programs are claiming that one of the bigger reason for the HRC loss was that more than anything 'the Dems stayed home'.

Yeah it seems HC couldn't motivate the troops. And that makes sense. Although I was thinking she could due to the poles.

Obama won not because the reds didn't vote in force but rather because the blues voted in force. And demographically speaking there are in theory more blue leaners than red leaners and that will continue to be the case as America diversifies. So the trick moving forward will be in putting up a candidate that gets out the minority vote. Think the reds will be thinking along the same lines?

One of the things that most disappointed me this cycle was that Warren bowed to HC. It would have been great to see her going head to head with Bernie.

One of the bright spots in HC losing is that now Warren can get a shot in 20. But we'll probably need more than that.

Michelle, baby; Michelle.

How about an Obama/Warren ticket?

So without further ado I will sign off

Can't leave now man. The discussion should take a new shape, but be better.

turk

turk
....surprising as it may be...I'm not here to fight with people...to me my candidate was going to lose anyway...I voted green..(as I have since 2000...when I left the dems...after they didn't count the black vote in Florida )....but I really thought Hillary would win...I do NOT like the clintons...I really felt that with all the things trump did, he would only get close to the White House when he would be invited to it for dinner...(of course none...of us will ever get that close)...
...I appreciate t-dubs and everybody's here opinion...I appreciate the dialogue ...there are some really interesting people here and I appreciate you all...
....that said...it's time to fight...I have no confidence that the democrats will come up with ANY solutions that don't involve....lining their own pockets with cash....
...we need a viable 3rd party...and we fucking need it now...

MyCollie

If his administration starts messing with the legalized herb it is over.

GO TRUMP (until you fuck up)! :tup:

EDIT: I thought about this for about two minutes...I just can't bring myself to do it. Sorry Donald.

I know I keep posting about this but I don't see how his administration won't start messing with legalized/decriminalized cannabis. The two "top pics" for AG are Christie and Giuliani... we know how they feel about it. The same with Newt. Trump has surrounded himself with prohibitionists. Clinton might have let the situation just drift along on its own but not Trump. I'll bet we hear a policy statement on this before the end of the year.

Andy Harris (R-MD) must be prepping to crack down on DC again. Sure, he looked like a meddling, grandstanding asshole for doing it in the past, but with this new administration?

Given the recent changes maybe I'll start a new thread (unless there already is one, I don't think I've seen it): The Future of Recreational Cannabis Laws in the United States.

grokit

well-worn member
The DNC handed this win to trump.
Furious at Wasserman Shultz and the DNC
Almost like it was a planned operation :suspicious:

If you're covered now, you'll be covered after any change.
What if my insurer was already leaving the state and I had to change?
I just signed up with a different aca insurer, and will be changing coverage on the 1st of the year.
My rate went up over 60%, but it would have been up like 2,000% without the subsidy.
Whatever the difference is between $176 and $1587...
Now I just have to get by with a medical savings account?!?
Does it come with a starting balance high enough to pay for life-saving surgery for someone that can't get coverage because of a pre-existing condition? Or do we have to wait until we have saved enough $?
:mental:

What happens when POTUS is convicted...?
That's easy... delay, appeal, appoint appellate judge; done deal :tup:

...it's gonna be a rough ride...I'm going....back to the streets...
I'm sorry to hear that. Why?

When I hear "trump supporter" I can only picture them(the nazi skinheads) in my minds eye.
I always think of the worms in roger waters' nightmare visions :zombie:

GO TRUMP (until you fuck up)! :tup:

EDIT: I thought about this for about two minutes...I just can't bring myself to do it. Sorry Donald.
I think we have to support trump because pence would be so much fucking worse.
Pence actually has experience in political sabotage :uhh:

I'm going to look for the high road (no pun intended) and hope for hands reaching across the isle in compromise.
I don't think compromise is really in the cards;
those are just words from a demagogue/salesman :evil:

:myday:

Scott A

...only in the streets...can I stand with the poor...oppressed...immigrants...and other outcasts...it's what my parents taught me.
Please...for...the...love...of...god...stop...using...so...many...ellipses...

Scott A,
Reactions: steama
Top Bottom