The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
For the umpteenth time, I know the the popular vote doesn't matter. I was merely pointing out an interesting possibility. Split Electoral College/Popular Vote Elections are uncommon.

Crohnie,
Reactions: grokit

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
.. that maybe true...he is the 1 st president since I've been on the planet to openly brag...he paid no taxes...that's unprecedented ...
He didn't BRAG about paying no taxes I believe he said that he was smart [about the way he paid his taxes] as we all do.

Lets face it. If Donald had cheated on his taxes the IRS would be all over him like flies on shit.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
As much as I don't like the man I can see why he won. He appealed to those who wanted 'change'. The people with nothing living in ghost towns in rural America, the people watching American manufacturers setting up shop outside of the States and the people who see 'foreigners' taking their jobs.

@Stevenski we had Brewsters Millions on UK TV the other night.
I said it in the Brexit thread and I'll say it again NONE OF THE ABOVE.

The American public has spoken let's now see how Trump goes about delivering his promises to make America great again.

Krazy

• USA out of NAFTA and the TPP
  • Cancel every "executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama".
  • Build the wall; make Mexico pay for it.
  • Make gay marriage and access to abortions state level rather than federal.
  • Ultra conservative Supreme Court picks possibly making abortions and gay marry illegial.
  • Cancel Obama Care and replace it with "something".
  • Honoring NATOs mutual protection is now at his discretion.
  • US out of all climate change agreaments.
  • Send all the brown people "back where they came from".
This one has changed a lot as time has gone on. At one point it meant all illegals to be deported and US citizen muslims banned from re entering the country if they went out side the borders. Just before the election he switched it to "criminal illegals"; however, his numbers for this demographic is in the millions. Perhaps we can have labor camps along the southern border and have them build the wall on their way south?

Making America Great Again!

turk

turk
...you forgot further investigation..to finally ...totally ....prove...obama was born in kenya...

turk,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
...in my world...that's bragging...you run for office .(like pres)...you release your taxes...there are reasons why this is important...
So you are sad that he didn't release his taxes? Why? I am sure that they conform to tax law. If they don't then, BAM, he gets prosecuted.
...the question is ....was America ever great?....and what does that mean?
When do you think America fell short? When they defeated the Axis powers in WWII and set up one of the most prosperous periods in world history?

And Turk, don't even try to drop the "your white so you're a racist" thing on me.

My family is Canadian French and Scottish. We had NOTHING to do with slavery of any kind yet I feel I am being persecuted for something we didn't do. Is THAT fair?

...you forgot further investigation..to finally ...totally ....prove...obama was born in kenya...
That is sour grapes and you are better than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

turk

turk
...unfortunately ...rich folks like trump DON'T get prosecuted...for things that ordinary folks do...(one if the values of seeing his released taxes...which might show some...areas of concern...
...when did America fall short?....depends who you ask...I'm sure the Sioux or Navajo would have interesting replies.....
...I have no idea...what race you are man...

turk,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
rich folks like trump DON'T get prosecuted...for things that ordinary folks do...
And what about Hillary?
...when did America fall short?....depends who you ask...I'm sure the Sioux or Navajo would have interesting replies.....
Me, and my family had NOTHING to do with that, don't try to hang that on me either.
...I have no idea...what race you are man...
I am pink. No more no less. A member of the human race.

t-dub,
Reactions: turk

turk

turk
That is sour grapes and you are better than that.
..you may be giving me more credit than I deserve...I can be just as petulant as a privileged billionaire...only reason I'm not picking on Hillary...
...I don't kick people when they are down...

turk,
Reactions: t-dub

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@turk Probably the last time Britain was.
@Krazy banning Muslims from re entering if they leave the country, sounds about the same as when my Iranian friend couldn't go home to visit his family because he decided to live in the UK.

World politics is in the biggest shit state I've ever known.
Increasing financial divides between those who struggle and those who squander. People dying because they can't afford the basics, water, food and electricity or gas, while share holder increase their already obscene wealth.

A little off track but I'm sorry @t-dub, although you yourself took no part in slavery some of your Scottish ancestors could well have. There is a good chance mine did too. Africans were sold into slavery by Africans, survival of the fittest and strongest, and a lot were shipped to the Scottish Islands before being sent to the States. Gospel music is reputed to have come from Scottish Presbyterian Churches.
Neither of us can be held accountable for what may have happened. All we as human beings can do is learn from the mistakes made and hope such things are never repeated.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
A little off track but I'm sorry @t-dub, although you yourself took no part in slavery some of your Scottish ancestors could well have.
I guess thats why they were so poor that they had to flee the countries of their origin . . . :rolleyes:

My family, on the Scottish side, came here to escape INTENSE poverty and starvation. The Canadian French side is a different story but it had NOTHING to do with slavery.

turk

turk
....the discussion of race...is not germaine to the thread...if I steered it in that direction...lack of communication my part...
...I won't kick Hillary while she's down...but the campaign consultants ...think tanks...advisors..Dcc...dlc...all fair game...somebody took home a nice chunk of change to "run" her campaign...(one of the jobs only the "experts" can do ...so they tell us)..start off with a lead over a neophyte...and blow it spectacularly ...than collect your check...and run the next campaign...

Last edited:

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
America is great because of the people that make it so. It is also terrible because of the system that makes it so.

I think the answer is somewhere. I just hope it isn't to burn it all down. But maybe it is.

Good luck my fellows.

I'm sorry. "vape it all down."

Gotta keep it kosher.

Last edited by a moderator:

herbivore21

....the discussion of race...is not germaine to the thread...if I steered it in that direction...lack of communion my part...
...I won't kick Hillary while she's down...but the campaign consultants ...think tanks...advisors..Dcc...dlc...all fair game...somebody took home a nice chunk of change to "run" her campaign...(one of the jobs only the "experts" can do ...so they tell us)..start off with a lead over a neophyte...and blow it spectacularly ...than collect your check...and run the next campaign...
Definitely, let's not get into discussion of members' race/s in political debates, that is not going anywhere pretty!

What happens for cannabis policy at the federal level? All of Obama's policies to be repealed means the directives to federal authorities not to interfere with legal states. :huh:

grokit

well-worn member
So it's official :evil:
America is truly a schizoid nation :freak:

Herr drumpf has become president trump, and will have a republican congress :borg:
edit: Oh yeah don't forget about the supreme court... :o

Democrats snatch defeat from the jaws of victory once again :disgust:

w600h380.jpg

I was disappointed that johnson didn't do better. I thought he would have a decent chance in new mexico and alaska where I saw signs pop up. He got 9% & 6% respectively, not too bad not great either imo.

The political pendulum has swung. Let's hope it gets a chance to swing back.
It's going to be an interesting time. You know, like it was when dubya was the decider.
It sure wasn't boring. I'm not looking forward to that kind of excitement again.

:leaf: Cannabis laws can go in one of three ways imo:
  1. Obama can re-schedule it as a lame duck, this would be my choice. Then trump can ride the economic wave without taking the "moral" hit.
  2. Christie the da could be used to appease the religious right, booze and pill makers :zombie:
  3. Trump could be the guy that de-schedules it, just because :tup:
Health care is a much bigger :worms:
I don't see anything good happening on that front at all :bang:

Economically, this is our brexit :spliff:
America is about to be devalued, and the bears will feast on our bloated economy.

Let us all pray for the health of the new leader of the free world...
Because no matter how bad things get, it would be even worse under president pence :uhoh:
In fact I would keep a close eye on that guy :suspicious:

Leave it to the dnc to force a square peg into a round hole. They had a winner, all they had to do was follow the will of the people. The irony is killary might have won, if she would have just played it straight :2c:
Buckle up for greatness; it's going to be a bumpy ride:popcorn:

:myday:

Last edited:
Top Bottom