The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

BD9

Pence is a loser. He has not had to face the music so to speak. If he were the candidate his failures would be apparent to all.
Christian Extremist
Failed governor
K0CH puppet

That is the shortlist.

Oh, I agree. I'm in Indiana and very familiar with this guy. I have been very vocal, and physical ( physical by protesting at state house, marching. Not physically violent... :huh:) to show I'm against his policies.
He also wants to control women's reproductive rights, is bigoted under the guise of religious freedoms and so many more...I could go on all day.
But, the evangelicals and far right are going to come out in droves to vote for Pence this should it happen he's somehow the presidential candidate. That's why trump picked him to run as vice president. To get in touch that specific voter base.
That's how he got elected here.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I keep getting kaine and pence mixed up.
They both exude such charisma with their monosyllabic names :rolleyes:

Has anybody ever seen them side by side?

:razz:

I can tell them apart easily. One of them was frightened so badly at the possibility of their running mate winning that it turned his hair completely white.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
The latest from Trump:

The Clinton Foundation is funding Isis
Clinton is the Devil.
The General Election will be rigged (and this is from me.........."only if he loses")

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...evil-warns-rigged-race-makes-isis-charge.html

Edit: To many, it seems that Trump is setting himself up to bail from the debates by saying that the debate dates are rigged against him being that they conflict with NFL games

And now, to many, it seems that he is setting himself up to also bail on the general election by stating that they are rigged against him and that he won't participate in a sham.

So now I got this picture in my head of Trump dropping out of the general and Pence doing one of these..........:shrug:with a bubble above his head saying, "Fuck !!! Now what in the fuck am I supposed to do??" lol...

Your are more than probably right that he is setting himself up to not debate Hillary. Whether it is deliberate effort or not is another question. He already flaked out on some RNC debates. We should start asking him RIGHT NOW what he plans to say at the debates and keep the pressure on him.

I think his ego is big enough to quit the debates or race and he will come up with his own self centered justification for doing so. He has flaked out on business deals in the same manner. I would not put it past him at all.
He'd leave a hot mess for the RNC to clean up and claim it was 'rigged'. He likes pointing that out several times to Bernie supporters. As if he actually had a chance to get their vote. He couldn't be any more repellent to them, I'm sure.
Has any Bern supporters sounded back to Trump about this?

The President has reaffirmed his position of Drump being unfit for office. Referring to Trump as being the 'standard bearer' for the party. Pence is already mopping up for Trumps attacks on the Khan family.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Shit is hitting the fan in the Republican Party!! :lol:Donald Trump says he's not supporting Paul Ryan and John McCain in their reelection.

It's getting good.:popcorn::whip:Is the Republican Party crumbling before our eyes?:dog:

Last edited:

lwien

Is the Republican Party crumbling before our eyes?

Yup...
R0TBy60.jpg

lwien

What's happening to the GOP has been percolating for awhile now, ever since the religious right got control of the party. It now seems to be coming to a head and maybe this is EXACTLY what needs to happen so that they can rebuild the party from scratch and make it (and believe me, it's hard to even get this word out) "respectable" again.

In that context, Trump may be a blessing in disguise, eh?

gangababa

Either way you can pick them up for about $40 here. I got one on order. :brow:

purpleheart1-500x500.JPG

The description of the medal on the page, in the spin to say "you too were properly wounded and deserve this even if no one else noticed previously", says two things that seem at odds in my reading,

"The Purple Heart Medal...differs from other military decorations in that a "recommendation" from a superior is not required..."

Then a few sentences later, "...commanders must take into account the extent of enemy involvement in the wound."

gangababa,

grokit

well-worn member
What's happening to the GOP has been percolating for awhile now, ever since the religious right got control of the party. It now seems to be coming to a head and maybe this is EXACTLY what needs to happen so that they can rebuild the party from scratch and make it (and believe me, it's hard to even get this word out) "respectable" again.

The only way back to "respectability" would be to go back to being "conservative", and for that to happen they would have to drop the whole "neo" thing. Like the warhawkish "neolibs" these days, the "neocons" are quite "radical", which is the polar opposite of conservative. And to become conservative again they would have to drop the whole (super-expensive) empire/exceptionalism thing. This just isn't gonna to happen no way no how; where would the great white warriors go. Nope, just a gradual decline into oblivion imo.

edit: A similar type of fracture is happening with the democrats; the times they are indeed a changin'.

:myday:

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

The only way back to "respectability" would be to go back to being "conservative", and for that to happen they would have to drop the whole "neo" thing. "Neocons" are "radical", which is the opposite of conservative. And to do that they would have to drop the whole empire/exceptionalism thing, which isn't going to happen no way no how; where would the white warriors go. Nope, just a gradual decline.
:nod: I couldn't agree with what all needs to be turned around to make the RNC respectable again. I think however that these 'white warriors' that you describe are about to face some actual heat this time around. Would you consider Trump the 'standard bearer' for the 'white warrior' clan? He has at least earned that. :evil:

This phenom can be traced all the way back as far as Reagan. (or perhaps further :hmm:) Reagan courted the religious right while people like Barry Goldwater was losing their temper over this. Mr Conservative had a lot of negative things to say about this courtship back in the day. That is where the first division between the philosophical and evangelicals occurred.

grokit

well-worn member
Would you consider Trump the 'standard bearer' for the 'white warrior' clan?
I've never been a member, but would say that the white warriors have decided he is. For now. My guess is they will try another rombot next time, lose by even more and then they will go full hitler/david duke...

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Just the fact that he accepted it says everything one needs to know.

It just boggles my mind that he can't wrap his around the fact that if he would just have said, "No thank you. I'm not worthy of this and neither is anyone else who has not served on the battlefield in the protection of this great country of ours.".

A statement like that would have a positive impact on his poll numbers. Of that, I have no doubt. It just goes to prove that his ego takes precedence over EVERYTHING, including winning the election.

To be fair to ll Doooshy he has been wounded by all those who have attacked him for his lies.
/s

Either way you can pick them up for about $40 here. I got one on order. :brow:

purpleheart1-500x500.JPG

Well you have been wounded in this thread:)

:nod: I couldn't agree with what all needs to be turned around to make the RNC respectable again. I think however that these 'white warriors' that you describe are about to face some actual heat this time around. Would you consider Trump the 'standard bearer' for the 'white warrior' clan? He has at least earned that. :evil:

This phenom can be traced all the way back as far as Reagan. (or perhaps further :hmm:) Reagan courted the religious right while people like Barry Goldwater was losing their temper over this. Mr Conservative had a lot of negative things to say about this courtship back in the day. That is where the first division between the philosophical and evangelicals occurred.

We need a healthy and sane GOP for this country to succeed.
For the foreseeable future that is not going to happen.
Drumpf is just the tip of the spear that represents what the reich has become since Reagan started the downward slide.

Last edited by a moderator:

CuckFumbustion

I've never been a member, but would say that the white warriors have decided he is. For now. My guess is they will try another rombot next time, lose by even more and then they will go full hitler/david duke...

Wasn't implying that you were. :lol: Having the UFC President open the RNC convention seemed to cater to that type of crowd. That set the tone for me alone.

CuckFumbustion

I'm more of a joe rogan than a dana white fan though :tup:
It took me 20 minutes to figure out that the comedian/libertarian leaning Joe Rogan is indeed the same person as Joe Rogan - UFC color commentator. :doh:

Sane Republicans haven't existed for at least eight years. It seems the Obama presidency completely jammed their brains to where the only thing they have been capable of is blatant obstructionism.
More specifically, The type of obstructionism where they cut off there own nose to spite their own face.
I am not in favor of making more laws. I don't think it is the governments job is to necessarily create new laws. However several opportunities where both sides could have forgot there political presence for once and write/repeal laws that would have improved things for the US. Instead of waiting for things to tank so they can blame whoever is President.
As if he actually wrote the laws.

Bdubbdiblets

Trump is threatening to not pay a hotel he gave a speech at because of the airconditioning. This after he blasted the local fire Marshall for adhering to capacity limits at another one of trumps speeches...supposedly his companies have a history of not paying its contracts in full or at all due to substandard work...maybe I should try this at subway next time I get a sandwich? Literal craziness...:hmm:

firefighters and a hotel workers...are these not the working class Americans that his entire campaign is claiming to support...

Yeesh I hope those people start to see the Don man for the Con man he really is..:(

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Uh oh! Chris Christie is standing up to Ttump. Saying Trump is wrong for critizing the Khan family.

Eating KFC with a fork and knife is like eating a candy bar with chopsticks," wrote one commenter.

cinnamon-hitler-0-600.jpg

Maybe Christie wasn't invited to lunch . I've noticed Trump hasn't been so cozy with Christie here lately. His feelings might be hurt that he wasn't chosen as VP.

Last edited:

lwien

Uh oh! Chris Christie is standing up to Ttump. Saying Trump is wrong for critizing the Khan family.

And Christie's primary aid is voting for Hillary:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/maria-comella-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/index.html

And so is Jeb Bush's advisor:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/01/politics/sally-bradshaw-jeb-bush-donald-trump-florida/

And the first House member to cross party lines (more to follow, I'm sure)
http://www.newyorkupstate.com/news/...hanna_says_hell_vote_for_hillary_clinton.html

This is just the beginning.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I would agree; while the ideology may go as far back as nixon, reagan was the one who created the whole show-biz personality into political racehorse paradigm. Along with the brand-new immoral minority, he started the wolf-whistle grab for dixie-state democrats. Now many more are finally realizing what many of us already knew, that the grand old party created a monster it can no longer contain. Drumpf is the logical conclusion of the 'bankrupt' theories of reaganomics and the 'idiocracy' of reality television. Also perhaps of the gop itself, as it devolves into a fully nonsensical minority party that is hypocritically based on throwing teabags into a harbor to defeat their oppressors. Now for the weather, and a new laundry detergent.

Top Bottom