The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
With Trump, Every Day is a New Buffet
by Martin Longman
August 3, 2016 10:27 AM

I’m getting weary of writing about Trump so much, but I go to sleep and wake up and there’s always a fresh all-you-can-eat buffet set up. Over here are the donuts:

A knowledgeable Republican source told CNN that some of Trump’s campaign staff — even campaign manager Paul Manafort — “feel like they are wasting their time,” given Trump’s recent comments…

…Two Trump insiders said Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus has talked to Trump several times in recent days, conveying the dismay among senior party leaders and donors.

It has been relayed to Trump that he is losing what tenuous support he has in the party establishment, and that already skeptical donors are heading for the exits or telling the senior team can’t count on serious progress when he looks so toxic.

“(Manafort) has made clear no one can help him if no one believes he will do what it takes to win,” said a senior trump aide.​

And over here are the scrambled eggs:

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump escalated his war with his own party’s leadership Tuesday by refusing to endorse House Speaker Paul D. Ryan or Sen. John McCain, two of the GOP’s highest-ranking elected officials, in their primary campaigns…

…Trump praised Ryan’s underdog opponent, Paul Nehlen, for running “a very good campaign” and said of Ryan: “I like Paul, but these are horrible times for our country. We need very strong leadership. We need very, very strong leadership. And I’m just not quite there yet. I’m not quite there yet.”​

And over here are some bagels and cream cheese:

Meg Whitman, the Hewlett-Packard chief executive who ran unsuccessfully for governor of California in 2010, will back Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, joining other prominent Republicans troubled by Donald Trump’s candidacy.

“As a proud Republican, casting my vote for president has usually been a simple matter. This year is different,” Whitman wrote on Facebook. “Donald Trump’s demagoguery has undermined the fabric of our national character.”

Whitman, a major GOP fundraiser whose net worth is about $2 billion, also told the New York Times that she planned to raise money for Clinton.​

And there’s a nice selection of fresh fruit and fruit juices:

Former Donald Trump campaign manager and CNN contributor Corey Lewandowski on Tuesday night suggested that President Obama did not release his Harvard transcripts in order to hide that he was not born in the United States.​

And I can’t forget about the sausage and bacon:

Donald Trump on Tuesday defend his claim that the election will be rigged, offering no actual evidence but saying he hears and feels things.

“Well, I’m talking about at the voter booth,” Trump told CBS12 in Florida. “I mean, we’ve seen a lot of things over the years. And now without the IDs, you know the voter IDs, and all the things that are going on. And some bad court cases have come down.”

Asked if he had any reason to believe something illegal was going on, Trump offered the answer, “I just hear things, and I just feel it.”​

I may get to some of these stories in more detail throughout the day, but I gorged myself on an entirely different buffet yesterday, writing about the president’s evisceration of Trump, the first iteration of his theory that the election will be rigged, pressure that Republicans feel to un-endorse him, and how there’s still so much dirt in his history that hasn’t even been discussed.

Tomorrow there will be a new buffet set up.

It’s exhausting for political writers, but I think it’s having an even more enervating effect on the Republican Party establishment.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Joe Scarborough said, in a meeting Trump asked three times "if we have nuclear weapons why can't we use them?" Curious if this is really true. It's so bizarre I wonder?

If it is OMG, big news! Joe wouldn't be saying this, I wouldn't think if he didn't have proof from a good source.

Last edited:

BD9

That's more than he'd feel for you or anyone else outside of his own family.

I know. I do try to be concerned with others.
Here ya go, @CarolKing I would have to add to that exclamation.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...trump-asked-about-adviser-about-using-nuclear

Oh My Fucking God!!!

We need to hear this from the advisor he asked. I don't think Joe is a liar, but we need to hear from the person he actually said it to.

It won't surprise me at all, but still...

The scariest parts of that article are in the comments section. I have said that the GOP has fucked themselves with trump. But it seems even the GOP are fighting with him and many, not nearly enough, are starting to see him for what he is.
It's the voters/trump supporters who are the issue, and to a certain extent not the GOP.
Remember when they (trump supporters) were calling for violence at the RNC if the GOP tried to take the nomination away from him? These people are scary...........................

grokit

well-worn member
Trump asked 3 times in an hour national security briefing why we can't just use nuclear weapons

MSNBC's 'Morning Joe' host, former Republican congressman Joe Scarborough, recalled an incident live on air in which he claimed "several months ago, a foreign policy expert went to advise Donald Trump and three times he asked about the use of nuclear weapons."

Scarborough made the comment in a discussion about why Donald Trump does not have any foreign policy experts advising him. Former CIA Director Micheal Hayden was asked who in the intelligence community is advising Trump, to which Hayden responded, 'no one.'

Scarborough added he was told that Trump specifically asked, "'If we have nuclear weapons, why can't we use them?'" Scarborough's co-host, Mika Brzezinski ended the segment, in which the other panelists appeared genuinely shocked, saying, "Be careful America, and be careful Republican leaders, your party is blowing up."

video here: http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/1.735072

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
The diebold thing is insane, it's gone on for far too long. Imo this is more evidence that since 9/11 we have been under a "state of emergency constitution". Trump is counting on his white warriors to make it close enough to cheat, as they have before. As a company, diebold hides behind other names: Global Election Systems, Premier Election Systems, Dominion Voting Systems, Election Systems & Software.

:o
US Election Shocker: Is This How The Vote Will Be Rigged?

american_flag_matrix_by_chrisdiontewalker-d954qoe-777x437-768x432.jpg

Votes are being counted as fractions instead of as whole numbers.

As we know, there are a number of ways to rig an election. Bev Harris, at blackboxvoting.org, is exploring a specific “cheat sheet” that has vast implications for the Trump vs. Hillary contest.

It’s a vote-counting system called GEMS.

I urge you to dive into her multi-part series, Fraction Magic (Part-1 here).

Here are key Harris quotes. They’re all shockers:

“Our testing [of GEMS] shows that one vote can be counted 25 times, another only one one-thousandth of a time, effectively converting some votes to zero.”

“This report summarizes the results of our review of the GEMS election management system, which counts approximately 25 percent of all votes in the United States. The results of this study demonstrate that a fractional vote feature is embedded in each GEMS application which can be used to invisibly, yet radically, alter election outcomes by pre-setting desired vote percentages to redistribute votes. This tampering is not visible to election observers, even if they are standing in the room and watching the computer. Use of the decimalized vote feature is unlikely to be detected by auditing or canvass procedures, and can be applied across large jurisdictions in less than 60 seconds.”

“GEMS vote-counting systems are and have been operated under five trade names: Global Election Systems, Diebold Election Systems, Premier Election Systems, Dominion Voting Systems, and Election Systems & Software, in addition to a number of private regional subcontractors. At the time of this writing, this system is used statewide in Alaska, Connecticut, Georgia, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Utah and Vermont, and for counties in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming. It is also used in Canada.”

“Instead of ‘1’ the vote is allowed to be 1/2, or 1+7/8, or any other value that is not a whole number.”

“Weighting a race [through the use of GEMS] removes the principle of ‘one person-one vote’ to allow some votes to be counted as less than one or more than one. Regardless of what the real votes are, candidates can receive a set percentage of votes. Results can be controlled. For example, Candidate A can be assigned 44% of the votes, Candidate B 51%, and Candidate C the rest.”

“All evidence that [rigged] fractional values ever existed [in the GEMS system] can be removed instantly even from the underlying database using a setting in the GEMS data tables, in which case even instructing GEMS to show the [rigged] decimals will fail to reveal they were used.”

“Source code: Instructions to treat votes as decimal values instead of whole numbers [i.e., rigging] are inserted multiple times in the GEMS source code itself; thus, this feature cannot have been created by accident.”

A contact who, so far, apparently wishes to remain anonymous states the following about the history of the GEMS system:

“The Fractional vote [rigging] portion traces directly to Jeffrey W. Dean, whose wife was primary stockholder of the company that developed GEMS. He ran the company but was prohibited from handling money or checks due to a criminal conviction for computer fraud, for which he spent 4 years in prison. Almost immediately after being released from prison he was granted intimate access to elections data and large government contracts for ballot printing and ballot processing.”

I see no effort on the part of the federal government, state governments, or the mainstream press to investigate the GEMS system or respond to Bev Harris’ extensive analysis.

It’s not as if media outlets are unaware of her. From shesource.org, here is an excerpt from her bio:

“Harris has been referred to as ‘the godmother’ of the election reform movement. (Boston Globe). Vanity Fair magazine credits her with founding the movement to reform electronic voting. Time Magazine calls her book, Black Box Voting, ‘the bible’ of electronic voting… Harris’s investigations have led some to call her the ‘Erin Brockovich of elections.’ (Salon.com)… Harris has supervised five ‘hack demonstrations’ in the field, using real voting machines. These have been covered by the Associated Press, the Washington Post, and in formal reports by the United States General Accounting Office…”

So far, her analysis of GEMS seems to be labeled “too hot to handle.” Press outlets prefer to report the slinging of mud from both Presidential candidates’ camps. Meanwhile, the actual results of the coming elections—including Congressional races—appear to be up for grabs, depending on who controls GEMS.

http://www.activistpost.com/2016/08/us-election-shocker-vote-will-rigged.html

:myday:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The scariest parts of that article are in the comments section.
I stopped reading comments sections long ago. They are filled with vitriol and ignorance, allowing folks to act like children hiding behind their anonymity. Go to an auto forum for an example, something that shouldn't engender ANY hostility, yet comments are full of ugly rhetoric. Just not worth reading...

BD9

I stopped reading comments sections long ago. They are filled with vitriol and ignorance, allowing folks to act like children hiding behind their anonymity. Go to an auto forum for an example, something that shouldn't engender ANY hostility, yet comments are full of ugly rhetoric. Just not worth reading...

Agreed!

Bdubbdiblets

Fox headline:
"Trump seeing green: campaign reports fundraising surge.."

2 things,

Fox must be in bed with the trump campaign..this as a headline what reality is this??

Also if the "funding surge" is true after the last 48 hrs...I'm officially effing scared!
:mad::(:uhoh::ninja:

ReggieB

Fox headline:
"Trump seeing green: campaign reports fundraising surge.."

2 things,

Fox must be in bed with the trump campaign..this as a headline what reality is this??

Also if the "funding surge" is true after the last 48 hrs...I'm officially effing scared!
:mad::(:uhoh::ninja:
This would be their attempt to counter that donors are deserting the republicans, it's pretty much the way trump works, attack him, he comes back at you with his own version of what you did, except his version is 100000000 billion times better than whatever you did and it's covered in chocolate sprinkles and fairy dust, trump is just the worst at putting lipstick on a pig but he keeps trying...

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
WASHINGTON — Top GOP officials in the Republican party are reportedly exploring how to handle the possibility of Donald Trump quitting the race, according to an ABC News report.

While Trump has not publicly expressed any interest in quitting the race, officials are apparently “frustrated” and “confused” by Trump’s erratic behavior and are exploring how they would replace him should he drop out.

Jon Karl, the chief White House correspondent for ABC News, appeared on Good Morning America on Wednesday and reported that

“I am told RNC chairman Reince Priebus is furious, that he has had multiple discussions with Trump telling him he needs to drastically change course. But here’s the news, I am told senior officials at the party are actively exploring what would happen if Trump dropped out, how to replace him on the ballot,” Karl said on Wednesday.

In an email to MSNBC, Trump campaign spokesperson Hope Hicks addressed the speculation, saying: “There is no truth to this whatsoever.”

The RNC can’t force Trump out of the race — he would have to voluntarily drop out. In the event Trump were to quit the race, the 168 members of the Republican National Committee would choose a new candidate.

“He is so unpredictable right now, they are so unable to control his message that they just don’t know and they clearly think it is a possibility, which is why they’re looking at these rules,” Karl said.

More
http://q13fox.com/2016/08/03/gop-of...ppens-if-trump-drops-out-according-to-report/

Edit: I did not see Cybrguy's video above until after I posted this.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Trump has a personality disorder. I'm no shrink but I've read enough about it. Most of the things he does, he's pretty much programmed to do. He doesn't have any self control over his urges. Folks have tried to help keep him on track but they are incapable of helping him. They will talk seriously to him about his actions. He will talk with a script and then go back to the bat shit crazy behavior.

He's paranoid of germs too. He has probably other weird phobias we haven't heard about.

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
LOL about the rigged elections issue.
If Dems rigged elections then they WOULD OWN CONGRESS and the K0CHsuckers would not OWN the majority of states.
/s

Silat,

grokit

well-worn member
LOL about the rigged elections issue.
If Dems rigged elections then they WOULD OWN CONGRESS and the K0CHsuckers would not OWN the majority of states.
/s
I don't think they rig the elections for any particular ideology;
it's the military-industrial complex rigging them against :peace: on earth.
The election has to be close, because only 25% of the machines are rigged.
:2c:

Trump's rhetorical strategy seems to be:
To say something insane, then when asked about it instead of backtracking or equivocating, to say something even more insane to try and make us forget about what he said in the first place.
:myday:

CarolKing

Trump needs to capitalize on the $400 million for 4 hostages with Iran. It pisses me off. The timing of the money is too convenient. This doesn't help the democrats right before an election. For me it doesn't pass the smell test.

What the F was Obama thinking? I realize originally that was Irans money back in 1979 when the Shah of Irsn was in power. It was for weapons. It was tied to those hostages no matter how hard they spin it.

I'm sure I would feel differently if these men were one of my loved ones.

Trump needs to send the Purple Heart back the the veteran that gave it to him. If he keeps it, it will show what a piece of s*#t he really is.

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Trump needs to capitalize on the $400 million for 4 hostages with Iran. It pisses me off. The timing of the money is too convenient. This doesn't help the democrats right before an election. For me it doesn't pass the smell test.

What the F was Obama thinking? I realize originally that was Irans money back in 1979 when the Shaw of Irsn was in power. It was for weapons. It was tied to those hostages no matter how hard they spin it.

I'm sure I would feel differently if these men were one of my loved ones.

Trump needs to send the Purple Heart back the the veteran that gave it to him. If he keeps it, it will show what a piece of s*#t he really is.

It passes the smell test.
We settled a decades old dispute.
The money represented the first installment of a $1.7 billion settlement the Obama administration reached with Iran to resolve a decades-old dispute over a failed arms deal signed just before the 1979 fall of Iran’s last monarch, Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.

BN-PF549_IRANCA_P_20160802190413.jpg
ENLARGE
Washington Post journalist Jason Rezaian, center, with family members in Germany after his release from prison in Iran in January.PHOTO: KAI PFAFFENBACH/REUTERS
The settlement, which resolved claims before an international tribunal in The Hague, also coincided with the formal implementation that same weekend of the landmark nuclear agreement reached between Tehran, the U.S. and other global powers the summer before.

“With the nuclear deal done, prisoners released, the time was right to resolve this dispute as well,” President Barack Obama said at the White House on Jan. 17

Top Bottom