The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

lwien

So, the New York Post, that bastion of deep thinking, has dropped some new (to the campaign) Melania nudes on their front page (and more inside). What is funny about this is, I'm sure the Donald will make a big deal about how sleazy this is, and at the same time keep talking about it and tweeting about it to be sure we all get to see it. Maybe he will even include some in his tweet.

Oh America, what have we wrought?

Not only is she nude, but she's nude with another nude woman. It's amazing how Evangelicals can square this. Hell, it's amazing how the GOP can square this considering the religious right dominance in the party, but maybe that's not the case anymore.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/01/melania-trumps-girl-on-girl-photos-from-racy-shoot-revealed/

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Not a fan of the Koch brothers influence in every election. But, I wouldn't be quick to paint it with a wide brush. There is differences within that party and they do elections to choose a candidate as well. When Ron Paul was running in the RNC. There was another candidate elected within the Libertarian party. Congressman Brett Barr who resembles a Koch's wet dream more than Paul or Johnson. Johnson was also a candidate that election year. It just didn't catch most people's radar.

The wide brush works here. The lists I have posted of their platform are correct and each of the candidates believes in 99% of the platform.
Libertarian convention. The candidates speak:

Samantha Bee and Libertarians:

Bill Maher and Johnson:

Libertarian candidate calls Sam Seder:

I can do this all day.
The wide brush fits so you much convict:)

Silat,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Looks like the DNC reach extends all the way to West Melbourne & they made Lushsux cover it up. What a absolute champion as surely Hillary in a niqab is more in fitting with the areas cultural makeup.

e68c18502e68843633b96a8b9c030e0f

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I can do this all day.
The wide brush fits so you much convict:)
Watched all those clips before and parts of the actual convention. There are all kinds of colorful characters and others trying formulate a message as Gary Johnson pointed out in the Samantha Bee clip. But I don't get the '99% point' you were making out of any of it. The last clip even makes my point of differing opinions within that philosophy. Some are more ideological or impassioned where others are more of a pragmatic or economic bent. Just like the two main parties in that respect but a smaller group of people. Unless you feel differently about either party currently.

The Lib convention was nuts, but it wasn't rigged in advance.:2c:
Some of the participants at the Lib convention may disagree with that. :lol: But there was no real shenanigans.
I can't really compare 2x Gov. Gary Johnson to Sam Seder who is off the hook. But both had a voice at the podium and didn't directly attach each other. Just each others positions. Or did I miss anything?

CuckFumbustion,

ReggieB

:lol:

Not sure if that was meant as word play but clever nonetheless..
I couldn't resist the opportunity ;)

As for the libertarian convention, they did seem generally good natured but that in itself didn't make them seem coherent, macafee supports them, which says it all really.

BD9

So trump is still bashing a gold star family. He just can't let shit go. I kind of feel sorry him.
His claim that Ghazala Khan stood silently was because of a Muslim code. Apparently trump, "I've read the bible more than anyone", failed to remember the verse from the Christian bible about orderly worship.

1 Corinthians 14:34;
As in all the congregations of the saints, women are to be silent in the churches. They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they wish to inquire about something, they are to ask their own husbands at home; for it is dishonorable for a woman to speak in the church.

It gets worse. A trump advisor is now calling Khizr Khan a 'Muslim Brotherhood Agent'. This is being pulled from an article on shoebat.com. Shoebat.com calls on the government to execute gays, and Hillary for witchcraft. Oh, and the best one, which trump himself has alluded to is that women who have abortions should be lined up and shot.
Theodore Shoebat is a trusted source of information for the trump campaign. Disgusting.

Another trump surrogate and advisor to his campaign, Al Baldasaro a republican from New Hampshire, has said that Hillary should be put in front of a firing squad and shot for treason.
This sentiment for Hillary to be shot, hanged or whatever by republicans is becoming far too prevalent to be taken lightly.
This goes beyond vitriol.

I admit, I'm not a fan of Hillary, but she'll get my vote, but god damn these people are out of their fucking minds.

CuckFumbustion

This sentiment for Hillary to be shot, hanged or whatever by republicans is becoming far too prevalent to be taken lightly.
This goes beyond vitriol.
We should not become so desensitized to the amount of discourse to allow for this to become acceptable or palatable. I was moved by the Khans when they openly addressed (and re-addressed) this issue in their own way. Sadly, Trump couldn't even bring himself to turn the moment around for himself and then immediately tried to turn the suspicion onto the family and try to pick apart at anything to shift the question off from him and onto the family. Exactly when he should have focused on the message they were trying to convey. :disgust:

I draw the line where a candidate can be threatened to be tarred and feathered and rode out on a rail. Or 'holding their 'feet to the fire' if they don't keep the campaign promises that I voted for. (Even Hillary uses that phrase. I found out.)

Also found it disturbing that Christie was leading an incoherent "burn the witch" chant on the RNC floor. Why hasn't he faced the same rebuke?

Does anybody think that with enough outside pressure that Trump could become exasperated enough to quit the race? :D Buffet is openly saying they didn't sacrifice to get/stay rich. Which I find refreshing actually. Even some comedians are having fun with 'it takes a wolf to catch a wolf' phrase. So What if Trump quits? Would his VP choice be the candidate? How would that work out? What are the RNC rules if a candidate quits in mid election? Is there a precedent? This might actually become relevant this season.:shrug:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Dr. Drew was talking about hypomania. Sound like someone we know? Trump?

Hypomania (literally “under mania” or "less than mania") is a mood state characterized by persistent disinhibition and pervasive elevated (euphoric) with or without irritable mood but generally less severe than full mania. Characteristic behaviors are extremely energetic, talkative, and confident commonly exhibited with a flight of creative ideas.[1] While hypomanic behavior often generates productivity and excitement, it can become troublesome if the subject engages in risky or otherwise inadvisable behaviors.[2] When manic episodes are “staged” according to symptomatic severity and associated features, hypomania constitutes the first stage, or stage I, of the syndrome, wherein the cardinal features (euphoria or heightened irritability, pressure of speech and activity, increased energy and decreased need for sleep, and flight of ideas) are most plainly evident.

PresentationEdit
Individuals in a hypomanic state have a decreased need for sleep, are extremely outgoing and competitive, have a great deal of energy and are otherwise often fully functioning (unlike full mania).[3]

Edit
@CuckFumbustion glad you included that. I kept trying to get all of the definition (using my iPad) because it really does describe Trump to a T.

Trump should have never challenged Mr Khan after his initial statement. He doesn't put himself in someone else's shoes, he's incapable. He should have realized this is a grieving father. Let him talk. Move on.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Dr. Drew was talking about hypomania. Sound like someone we know?

Hypomania (literally “under mania” or "less than mania") is a mood state characterized by persistent disinhibition and pervasive elevated (euphoric) with or without irritable mood but generally less severe than full mania. Characteristic behaviors are extremely energetic, talkative, and confident commonly exhibited with a flight of creative ideas.[1] While hypomanic behavior often generates productivity and excitement, it can become troublesome if the subject engages in risky or otherwise inadvisable behaviors.[2] When manic episodes are “staged” according to symptomatic severity and associated features, hypomania constitutes the first stage, or stage I, of the syndrome, wherein the cardinal features (euphoria or heightened irritability, pressure of speech and activity, increased energy and decreased need for sleep, and flight of ideas) are most plainly evident.

PresentationEdit
Individuals in a hypomanic state have a decreased need for sleep, are extremely outgoing and competitive, have a great deal of energy and are otherwise often fully functioning (unlike full mania).[3]
Yea sounds like a lot of people I know. :lol: Oh you probably meant Drump? Yea I read further down the Wiki page. The Diagnosis section is practically an outline of all his speeches. :mental:Seriously, all the categories are there. from pressured speech to psychomoter agitatioin. Not that I'm a Dr. Phil or anything.

Diagnosis[edit]
The DSM-IV-TR defines a hypomanic episode as including, over the course of at least four days, elevated mood plus three of the following symptoms OR irritable mood plus four of the following symptoms:

Silat

But I don't get the '99% point' you were making out of any of it. The last clip even makes my point of differing opinions within that philosophy. Some are more ideological or impassioned where others are more of a pragmatic or economic bent. Just like the two main parties in that respect but a smaller group of people. Unless you feel differently about either party currently.

The clips actually make my point. The libertarians have few differences and much agreement.
And by the way on another note.
The GOP platform is quite a lot like the Libertarian platform. A few differences like religion, women's choice etc. But the dismantling of government is in both platforms.

Silat

So, the New York Post, that bastion of deep thinking, has dropped some new (to the campaign) Melania nudes on their front page (and more inside). What is funny about this is, I'm sure the Donald will make a big deal about how sleazy this is, and at the same time keep talking about it and tweeting about it to be sure we all get to see it. Maybe he will even include some in his tweet.

Oh America, what have we wrought?
My bet is Drumpf had something to do with this.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The democratic platform took on many of Bernie's ideas. It's up for Bernie and his followers to make sure that the democrats follow through on those Bernie agenda items. That's why it wouldn't make sense for the Bernie people to go with someone else.

So often folks get complacent after an election. They get busy in their daily lives. Most of those items won't be achieved unless changes are made during the elections this fall. Senate and the House of Representatives. Not just the presidential race.

Sometimes it's easier to get things done within the system. You just need the right people backing you.

Also getting busy in local government in your state, cities and towns. That is how cannabis became legal in WA, OR, AK and probably CA. Looking like Canada too. Try fixing things in your own cities and communities. We will be on our own if Trump becomes prez.
Try making cannabis legal or medical cannabis legal in your state is the way to go. Get busy with groups like NORMAL or Citizens for Safe Access.

Edit
Hillary seems more republican than Trump. Not laws like abortion though. I was saying that to my husband. I told him if Trump was the democratic choice and Romney was the republican choice. I would vote for Romney.

Last edited:

Bdubbdiblets

Trumps now warning the election is "about to be rigged" and he said the republicans better pay attention or "it's gonna be taken away from us" you already stole their party!!!
:rofl::clap::rofl::clap::rofl::clap::rofl::doh:

This guy is an absolute child. He squirms when someone calls him out...like a school yard bully. He honestly seems as if he would be more comfortable stomping over to the other side of the playground and "hitting" his critics as opposed to using one single intelligent word. Its like he's only been the boss his whole life and now that people are actually looking at the giant gaping rusty cracks in his armor and pointing it out he's seemingly more and more uncomfortable. So far it has had strangely no negative affect but now with a few high profile repubs coming out we will see..It's kind of a crack up and also kinda scary. Certainly unprecedented. I honestly don't know during these times what I would do with out miss Mary Jane..
:bowdown::bigleaf:

lwien

The latest from Trump:

The Clinton Foundation is funding Isis
Clinton is the Devil.
The General Election will be rigged (and this is from me.........."only if he loses")

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...evil-warns-rigged-race-makes-isis-charge.html

Edit: To many, it seems that Trump is setting himself up to bail from the debates by saying that the debate dates are rigged against him being that they conflict with NFL games

And now, to many, it seems that he is setting himself up to also bail on the general election by stating that they are rigged against him and that he won't participate in a sham.

So now I got this picture in my head of Trump dropping out of the general and Pence doing one of these..........:shrug:with a bubble above his head saying, "Fuck !!! Now what in the fuck am I supposed to do??" lol...

Last edited:
Top Bottom