The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Technically the RNC doesn't belong to Trump. It belongs to the Republican Party .
I wonder what Ryan said to Trump in private? Something we are not hearing.

Obviously he doesn't want to unite the party.

They may need to change the name of the Republican Party to the Tea Party.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Uh oh! Chris Christie is standing up to Ttump. Saying Trump is wrong for critizing the Khan family.

Eating KFC with a fork and knife is like eating a candy bar with chopsticks," wrote one commenter.

cinnamon-hitler-0-600.jpg

Maybe Christie wasn't invited to lunch . I've noticed Trump hasn't been so cozy with Christie here lately. His feelings might be hurt that he wasn't chosen as VP.
Reminds me of FORKGATE when Trump was eating pizza with Sarah Palin and Jon Stewert has fun with that on the Daily Show.
BTW Jon Stewart is going to have an animated show on HBO!! Jjust what we need in November!
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/2/12351490/jon-stewart-hbo-show-animation-studio

Bdubbdiblets

I think it's funny that Fox News has very little on main page regarding all of the trump absurdity and chooses to have "heads roll at DNC" as if this is bad. Isn't this a good thing..it was discovered there were some issues so they ousted the leadership and are moving on..

Perhaps trump could take a note here. If u F up, make a change. Instead of the contsant defensive discourse when getting called out of (commence whiny child voice) "I'm rubber you're glow whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you." neener neener neener...tongue out.

Yeesh...and im an independent.

CuckFumbustion

Maybe Christie wasn't invited to lunch . I've noticed Trump hasn't been so cozy with Christie here lately. His feelings might be hurt that he wasn't chosen as VP.
I think Christie wants any cabinet position where he gets to use/abuse his power. If he has any real power, He will use others as scapegoats. Innocent people will be imprisoned. The War on Drugs will be reinstated. He pictures himself as some sort of 'Law and Order' type who couldn't work out the problems of his own state. Even if Trump treats him like a doormat.
Penn Jillette on Trump
https://www.yahoo.com/news/christie-defends-khans-amid-trump-000000994.html

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
What's happening to the GOP has been percolating for awhile now, ever since the religious right got control of the party. It now seems to be coming to a head and maybe this is EXACTLY what needs to happen so that they can rebuild the party from scratch and make it (and believe me, it's hard to even get this word out) "respectable" again.

In that context, Trump may be a blessing in disguise, eh?
I look forward to their joining the Whigs on the shit-heap of history

====
The only way back to "respectability" would be to go back to being "conservative", and for that to happen they would have to drop the whole "neo" thing. Like the warhawkish "neolibs" these days, the "neocons" are quite "radical", which is the polar opposite of conservative. And to become conservative again they would have to drop the whole (super-expensive) empire/exceptionalism thing. This just isn't gonna to happen no way no how; where would the great white warriors go. Nope, just a gradual decline into oblivion imo.

edit: A similar type of fracture is happening with the democrats; the times they are indeed a changin'.

:myday:
AMEN!!! The so-called conservatives have been for some time at the ragged edge of radical extremism and simply cannot tell that they - and we - dance on a precipice. They think that if they start burning and shooting it will all work out for the best, they just need everybody to be that same crazy all at the same time: too many decades of commie witch hunts and fluoridation and no-nuance Jesus for them to make any sense to anyone not nailed into the same box as them.

The pressure is certainly on the Dems, under the circumstances: HRC could become the most protested-against POTUS since Nixon if she wavers from the 'assurances' she made to the Berners (of which I am one #full_disclosure)...it's more a shit-or-get-off-the-pot moment for the Dems, where the GOP seems to be enduring an extended sinners-in-the-hands-of-an-angry-god period....

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Something Trump fails to understand is there would not be a purple heart recipient that actually wanted one & those that get them earn it the hard way.

Seeing that made me nauseous to say the least & I am not a veteran or American. If he becomes El Presidente he will hopefully earn one legitimately. Did Reagan earn one in 81?

lwien

Something Trump fails to understand is there would not be a purple heart recipient that actually wanted one & those that get them earn it the hard way.

So true. When he said, "I always wanted the Purple Heart" my first thought was, "You are the ONLY person in the world that wants one of these." Why in the fuck would anyone in their right mind want one of those unless of course he didn't have a clue why the Purple Heart is given to anyone in the first place.

Watch the video on this site where Khzir Khan basically said the same thing I said (post#5677 one page back) when I first heard about Trump accepting the Purple Heart:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/khizr-kh...mp-for-comments-about-getting-a-purple-heart/

Lots of vets are really pissed off about this. I'm a vet and it sure as hell pissed me off, but then just about anything that comes out of his mouth pisses me off.

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

Why wouldn't he want the thing? He didn't earn it, 'stolen valor' is totally his style, I'll bet it's not 6 days before he has a story about how the guy gave it because 'Trump somehow earned it' so it's legit...bet he's having a Qaddafi-style uniform made for himself to wear it on...

lwien

Why wouldn't he want the thing? He didn't earn it, 'stolen valor' is totally his style, I'll bet it's not 6 days before he has a story about how the guy gave it because 'Trump somehow earned it' so it's legit...bet he's having a Qaddafi-style uniform made for himself to wear it on...

And he'll hire the female Qaddafi-style body guards to follow him around and when questioned about it, he'll say that he's giving additional support to the Secret Service.

2NYfqSS.jpg

YPccp64.jpg

sQCS7lG.jpg

Of course, none of them wanted to wear the same uniform, but hey, what the hell.......lol

Last edited:

BD9

And now this............ trump's campaign is making claims that the 'fix' is in and they're blaming manufacturers of electronic voting machines and voter fraud.

Roger Stone sat with Breitbart’s Milo Yiannopoulos, and the two discussed how the general election will almost certainly be hijacked by acts of voter fraud. Several recent polls suggest that Hillary Clinton is even with, if not slightly ahead of Trump, and Stone said that the “fix” is definitely in, and it starts with the manufacturers for electronic voting machines.

“I think we have widespread voter fraud, but the first thing that Trump needs to do is begin talking about it constantly,” Stone said. “If there’s voter fraud, this election will be illegitimate, the election of the winner will be illegitimate, we will have a constitutional crisis, widespread civil disobedience, and the government will no longer be the government.”

Fear monger much? Where's the proof of this wide spread voter fraud? They can not accept that they have a very, very, flawed candidate.

If you can stomach it, here's the link.

And the audio.

CuckFumbustion

Breaking new. Oreilly and Trump. :popcorn:You can see Oreilly struggling to get through to Trump.Trump says repeatedly that he was viciously attacked several times over the Khain debacle. Blames Hillary and the DNC. Not taking in what ever O'reilly was trying to get across. Then Trumps pitch that the election will be rigged.

Last edited:
CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: BD9

ClearBlueLou

And now this............ trump's campaign is making claims that the 'fix' is in and they're blaming manufacturers of electronic voting machines and voter fraud.

Roger Stone sat with Breitbart’s Milo Yiannopoulos, and the two discussed how the general election will almost certainly be hijacked by acts of voter fraud. Several recent polls suggest that Hillary Clinton is even with, if not slightly ahead of Trump, and Stone said that the “fix” is definitely in, and it starts with the manufacturers for electronic voting machines.

“I think we have widespread voter fraud, but the first thing that Trump needs to do is begin talking about it constantly,” Stone said. “If there’s voter fraud, this election will be illegitimate, the election of the winner will be illegitimate, we will have a constitutional crisis, widespread civil disobedience, and the government will no longer be the government.”

Fear monger much? Where's the proof of this wide spread voter fraud? They can not accept that they have a very, very, flawed candidate.

If you can stomach it, here's the link.

And the audio.

How about the fact that the manufacturer of the voting machines (Diebold) has been in the tank for the GOP for decades, has bragged about their "new secret weapon" - and that the TEST of this was being able to keep John Boener in Congress all those years.

And, of course, Roger Stone is the worst sort of scumbag...and he's certainly asking for what he wants: throw the election into the House, where Tramp will be made king, and good night, America....There seems less and less to be any peaceful path thru the current situation: the angry white vote will get behind Tramp's rigging charge, despite the fact that the GOP has been practicing election-rigging since the advent of voting machine, and they will demand to get their way (ie, Tramp) or loose the militias onto the streets of America. We have allowed ourselves to be occupied by a home-grown enemy who has been hiding in the churches, and in the patriotic movements, and in the backrooms of racists and supremacists - and behind the now-threadbare and scarcely plausible tactic of 'deniability' and this 'take-the-country-back' posse is willing to kill their fellow citizens to right the wrongs of history as they see them.

Tramp seems prepared to ensconce himself as Don Don, first Capo of America, as he just keeps opening up the the doors to the worst ideas in politics ever.

Last edited:

ReggieB

Diebold have historically been incredibly poor at 2 things, software and security, they have a habit of leaving things on their website (source code for their machines, decent resolution pictures of master keys, the ability to flip a vote on a touchscreen unit...). Why they are still allowed to make and deploy them at elections is beyond me.

BD9

I may take some heat for saying this, but I feel sorry for trump. It seems he has no idea what he's saying or doing. If he is indeed mentally ill, it makes me sad.

It also seems trump's campaign managers have no idea what they're doing or saying.

Trump Spokeswoman blames death of Humayun Khan on Obama and Clinton.

“It was under Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton that changed the rules of engagement that probably cost his life,” spokeswoman Katrina Pierson said in an interview Tuesday with CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer.

This woman is a real piece of work.

Pierson also said in the CNN interview that Trump “never voted for the Iraq War.” BuzzFeedpreviously reported that Trump expressed support for the invasion during a 2002 interview with radio host Howard Stern.

Of course he didn't vote for the Iraq war, he's never served as a congressman.

I think the implosion is nearly complete.

TeeJay1952

IMHO The sorry that you feel should be for the people who feel so disenfranchised that he is a viable choice. We do not all have to think one way but we MUST allow others to voice their displeasure and address their grievances. What we don't have to do is be swayed by the loudness of dissent or believe nonsense just because "my" guy says it.

TeeJay1952,

lwien

I may take some heat for saying this, but I feel sorry for trump. It seems he has no idea what he's saying or doing. If he is indeed mentally ill, it makes me sad.

It also seems trump's campaign managers have no idea what they're doing or saying.

Trump Spokeswoman blames death of Humayun Khan on Obama and Clinton.

“It was under Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton that changed the rules of engagement that probably cost his life,” spokeswoman Katrina Pierson said in an interview Tuesday with CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer.

This woman is a real piece of work.

Pierson also said in the CNN interview that Trump “never voted for the Iraq War.” BuzzFeedpreviously reported that Trump expressed support for the invasion during a 2002 interview with radio host Howard Stern.

Of course he didn't vote for the Iraq war, he's never served as a congressman.

I think the implosion is nearly complete.

"Donald Trump campaign spokeswoman Katrina Pierson said President Obama (and Clinton), who took office in 2009, may be to blame for Capt. Humayun Khan's death in 2004."
---CNN

The whole campaign is unraveling including her. She looks like she hasn't slept in 3 days.

lwien,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ya know, its kinda funny. The republicans had an opportunity to remove Trump at the convention and they just didn't have the balls to do it. I get that, it was going to be a really ugly process and look really bad for them, but it would have been soooo much better for them than what all is about to take place. To have the major party figures stuck defending, or at least supporting someone who is clearly a MONSTER makes it really hard for anyone not in Trump's corner (the vast majority of Americans, as well as most of the political elite and the rest of the world) to have any respect for them.

Nobody (with a brain) thinks Trump would be a good President, and everyone knows what a slimy fuck he is. There is no missing that, and there is no REASONABLE explanation for supporting Trump other than sheer political circle jerking, and that is NOT a pretty picture.

The downside of supporting Trump is just SO devastating that we (I) would have thought the intelligentsia might have seen it coming and chosen a better way out. I guess the intelligentsia isn't so bright after all.

I would like to think it's just theirs, but that is probably wishful thinking. I hope the Dems can at least learn from this...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Still only one republican congresscritter as far as I can tell...

I have been unsuccessfully looking for an explanation of what happens if he decides to drop his candidacy a month or so out from the election. There is no precedent...

lwien

Still only one republican congresscritter as far as I can tell...

It's all about getting reelected. No doubt that they are keeping close tabs on their electorate and whichever way they swing in regards to Trump, they will swing that way as well which just goes to prove that they are putting their survival above that of their countries survival. Kinda makes we wanna :puke:

And now, this. The latest odds:
KQRRPni.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom