TC Box Mods Firmware Discussions and Customizing

Hippie

@Summer Yes - they're based on the same firmware so are very simliar apart from the extras FunkyJunky has added for the Tubo
I don't like the way you enable the AutoFire with sur_myevic tho to be honest as I'm in the bad habit of pressing the button for half a second to check the battery level on my mods .... which engages AutoFire and flusters me every time I do it lol
I much prefer FunkyJunky's double click to engage cruise mode and the ability to set the cruise time

@little maggie
Scroll down to Usage for the instructions
https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic/blob/master/git_doc_en/usageandcompatibility_en.md

Bin file
https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic/raw/master/bin/myevic.bin

Latest link for the official stock P80 software (with the wismec updater)
http://www.wismec.com/images/support/download/SINUOUS_P80/SINUOUS_P80_V1.01.zip

VTCFont
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbymcwthnahmles/VTCFont.rar?dl=1

Summer

Long Island, NY
I much prefer FunkyJunky's double click to engage cruise mode.

Yeah, I would prefer this, too.

If I'm correct with what I've absorbed through all these voluminous firmware posts, with sur_myevic you can either set the autofire for either 30 min. or infinity? This doesn't bother me, but, yeah, engagement with a short button press would be annoying.

I have an Eleaf which I'm gonna set up w/ sur-myevic for the Splinter & a Wismec Ravage that I'm gonna set up with Red Panda as it's a color screen for the Z. And as I'll probably pick up VC's G43 (a poor man's NVFP/Glass Symphony) in the future so right now I'll either go with the eVic VTC Dual with FJ or the Wismec Gen 3 Dual for that.

Summer,
Reactions: bossman

Hippie

You can set the sur_myevic AutoFi to anything up to 25 seconds or infinite
The Tubomyevic Cruise timer can be set to anything up to 900 seconds

I prefer the 510 connector position near the middle like the Gen3 Dual and the Ravage

aoaiwof

I am so frustrated with these box mods I'm ready to throw them all out. My wismec gen 3 just came and although people complain about the door popping open it's another I can't open. I am not strong enough to use these that require "pressure". The site you listed is the one I was on and I clicked on the bin link before I wrote the question you answered. It takes me to a page with 2 bin options to download and I still don't know which one. My p80 is the only one with an easy to open battery door and I'd like to be able to use it. I downloaded the wismec software already.
I believe you want myevic.bin ( https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic/blob/master/bin/myevic.bin ). :)

virtualpurple

I am so frustrated with these box mods I'm ready to throw them all out. My wismec gen 3 just came and although people complain about the door popping open it's another I can't open. I am not strong enough to use these that require "pressure". The site you listed is the one I was on and I clicked on the bin link before I wrote the question you answered. It takes me to a page with 2 bin options to download and I still don't know which one. My p80 is the only one with an easy to open battery door and I'd like to be able to use it. I downloaded the wismec software already.

@little maggie one thing you could try that may be helpful is to use something very thin to get into the cracks where the battery door runs. I have mods with similar style doors. Sometimes sliding the latch can be a difficult task and sometimes the door itself feel stiff and doesn’t want to open easy, but this technique can help get them open initially.

To help swing the door open a nice thin piece of metal like a dental pick can get between the cracks and help give enough pull to help the door open.

It can be helpful to use something that will have a little traction to slide the latch door. I think I used a pencil eraser or the backside of a thin metal nail file. Once that is slid over then you can use the pick or whatever you come up with to help pop the door open.

You could probably also apply a small amount of wd-40 around the door once it has been opened, especially around the hinges.

I hope this is helpful to you in some way. I would hate to see you unable to use these devices you’ve acquired.

little maggie

Thanks so much. I think I have myevic loaded on the gen 3 and have gotten the battery door working. Now I need to find the correct settings somewhere. There is so much info here but it can be hard to find and exhausting looking for it. I'm waiting to do anything to my P 80 until I have a tiny bit of mastery over settings since that's the one I want to use with my splinter.

almost there

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ah so we're all hanging out here too?

I have been on wattage mode for simplicity, but I'm still planning to try surmyevic on my RXG3D with SplinterZ, mainly for the autofire so I would love to get some actual temp control too... I know one of you Hs(hippie or herbie) posted some good tips for that.

Meanwhile I just got the RX dna250 and I'm figuring out some on demand temp control with the iHeat now as well. Seems I may have it going...

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Ah so we're all hanging out here too?

I have been on wattage mode for simplicity, but I'm still planning to try surmyevic on my RXG3D with SplinterZ, mainly for the autofire so I would love to get some actual temp control too... I know one of you Hs(hippie or herbie) posted some good tips for that.

Meanwhile I just got the RX dna250 and I'm figuring out some on demand temp control with the iHeat now as well. Seems I may have it going...

My rxg3d does TC really well with Arctic Fox and it's handy to input your settings on the app and just upload them to the mod. No autofire though.

The above link from @almost there is where I got the ecigprofile for my Splinter and Z and they were easy to upload to my DNA250 using escribe.

I don't have an iHeat but it seems like we're fussing with some similar hardware otherwise. The DNA250 and Splinter Z combo is the best on demand convection experience I've come across.

Can someone tell me if there's a setting in escribe for smaller temp increments? Mine is ten degrees per click right now and unlike Arctic Fox I can't jump into settings on the board itself.

almost there

My rxg3d does TC really well with Arctic Fox and it's handy to input your settings on the app and just upload them to the mod. No autofire though.

The above link from @almost there is where I got the ecigprofile for my Splinter and Z and they were easy to upload to my DNA250 using escribe.

I don't have an iHeat but it seems like we're fussing with some similar hardware otherwise. The DNA250 and Splinter Z combo is the best on demand convection experience I've come across.

Can someone tell me if there's a setting in escribe for smaller temp increments? Mine is ten degrees per click right now and unlike Arctic Fox I can't jump into settings on the board itself.

go to escribe, select 'Theme", click on and open "Theme designer", click on "look and feel"

you can adjust the increments from there and make sure you upload the changes before you disconnect

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The DNA250 and Splinter Z combo is the best on demand convection experience I've come across.
Sure. Poke me with a sharp stick and I bleed...

I am VERY tempted to go with the Bronze LE 250 due to the price and the Bronzy finish, both very attractive elements for me. I would really prefer something, however, that uses 2 18650s rather than 3 and a little less overhang. And the 250c's larger screen showing more info draws me as well. But the $$ is a problem.
Sometimes these decisions are very hard to make...
11l4ndj.jpg

cybrguy,
Reactions: bossman

Shit Snacks

Yeah I remember you've got AF on the G3D, but I don't want to have to learn a third software since surmyevic is so similar to the tubo software I already know the best. Hearing that AF needs to connect to a computer like that makes me even less interested haha, something I do not like about the DNA so far...

Now that I have some TC going I would like to try it with my Z as well, but I don't know it makes it so much bigger I feel like a regular splinter would be better with this mod for my superficial preference... I will probably end up trying, but I've just got too many new things to play with at once, so I will keep them a little separate for now at least.

go to escribe, select 'Theme", click on and open "Theme designer", click on "look and feel"

you can adjust the increments from there and make sure you upload the changes before you disconnect

Ah see so much stuff, mine is set at single increments and its pretty tedious but okay not unlike other vapes. I really don't feel like learning and playing with escribe honestly lol maybe some day...

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Sure. Poke me with a sharp stick and I bleed...

I am VERY tempted to go with the Bronze LE 250 due to the price and the Bronzy finish, both very attractive elements for me. I would really prefer something, however, that uses 2 18650s rather than 3 and a little less overhang. And the 250c's larger screen showing more info draws me as well. But the $$ is a problem.
Sometimes these decisions are very hard to make...
11l4ndj.jpg
Yeah, and my Splinters stay at home so I guess I'm rocking my bronze wizard wand for now.

Or at least until the next dna deal. Speaking of which.. Do we like a DNA75c for the Z and are the Chinese sites cool for mods or sketchy like for cells?

Flash sale on this hcigar for $72. It'd have overhang but be pretty damn close to the rxg3d size-wise for not a lot of money:
https://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_708278.html

Last edited:
bossman,
Reactions: cybrguy

little maggie

Yeah, and my Splinters stay at home so I guess I'm rocking my bronze wizard wand for now.

Or at least until the next dna deal. Speaking of which.. Do we like a DNA75c for the Z and are the Chinese sites cool for mods or sketchy like for cells?

Flash sale on this hcigar for $72. It'd have overhang but be pretty damn close to the rxg3d size-wise for not a lot of money:
https://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_708278.html
Alan recommends the hcigar for his iheat so it probably works well on a splinter.

Hippie

My 19/19 waitlist Splinter overhangs a little too much on the VT75D for my liking
It's not unstable tho as it's quite a heavy mod and the build quality feels robust enough to survive for years after my wismec and eleaf mods' 510 connectors and fire buttons have long since given up.
It gives is the best temp control I've found out of all the mods and different firmwares I've tried so far and looks great with a smaller atomizer like the IH or the Imp in my opinion so I'm thinking it'll probably end up as my dedicated Imp driver after I'm done Imp testing with the other mods.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Alan recommends the hcigar for his iheat so it probably works well on a splinter.

I found a great site in US shipped me this Awesome Lost Vape Mirage 75c
in two days $85 shipped Can't even get it from anyone else in US.
It is fantastic, I use it for Sai & Mole, sorry don't know for flowers,
but battery life is unreal.
here is site they have lots of dna'c great price was dropped $25 in cart also
https://www.wetvapes.com/modules/sp...rame+/Red+Blaze&spr_submit_search=Search&n=24

almost there

When I'm running TC on myevic off the the gen 3 I notice the temp always overshoot by a good 50F and after a draw it'll drop 50F below my target temp. During the draw it almost always maxes out the wattage I have set so if it's set at 50 watts it'll utilize all 50 watts to maintain a pretty easy slow draw at 370F. The TCR i set seems right for the temps I've been reaching but everything else seems crap. My Algo settings are

Algo PID
Boost 50%
P 600
I 850
D 0

What settings should I tweak to get steadier temps and more power in maintaining draws? I know the wismecs aren't great mods for TC but I think I should be able to do better? Thoughts or suggestions?

Shit Snacks

I'm still using wattage on my Gen3Dual even though I now have surmyevic on it as well. It is nice to have the long power time without pressing the button (I set autifire to 25sec and often stop it early) though it can be finnicky to get going (have to press a few times) it has been great through water so far... I haven't tried dry yet since I am also playing with TC on the dna250 now with iHeat on top of my renewed Tubo and new FocusV Aero

I will say myevic is much uglier than the stock firmware was, and not quite as steady with the readings, not as similar to Tubo as expected either, but perfectly fine. I really would love dna in the G3D...

almost there

@almost there: your I coef. looks way too high, you probably have oscillations going on. It should be lower than P.

Try something like: P 500, I 80, D 10 and watch the result live in NToolbox device monitor if you can.
Thanks KZ! I basically copied Herbie's settings from a few pages back on this thread without any understanding what those numbers or parameters meant:lol:. I'll check it out and report back. Would you mind giving a brief breakdown in simple terms what the P, I, and D does just so I know which variable I want to tweak? Thanks for coming to the rescue:wave:

Last edited:
almost there,
Reactions: Summer

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Fine-tuning PI(D) controllers can be quite an art, although robust tuning methods exist (but unless you have good measuring equipment can be hard to implement in our case)

Check these two resources for a good practical introduction on the subject:

But you'll really need to get some kind of live device monitor to see the results of your changes, otherwise you'll spend ages tweaking...

PS: the coeffs I gave you are my current ones for the iHeat running at max power = 28W, minus the D term (as ArtficFox only has a PI controller)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Too late to edit, but that reminds me that a lot of you guys are probably still using the stock TC algo even if you switched to AF or sur_myevic, as at least for the former, the PI(D) controller is not enabled by default! (was the case also in myevic but not in tubo_myevic)

You need to enable it in the config otherwise you'd still be using the crude on/off controller.

Top Bottom