TC Box Mods Firmware Discussions and Customizing

HerbieVonVapster

Here's a novelty mod. Small battery, but hey you can vape & play music while taking a bath or shower. :)

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...entic-wismec-active-80w-2100mah-tc-vw-apv-box

Humm that looks perfect for chillin in the hot tub. And who doesn't want vape well showering lol. Thought it be some off brand unknown mod surprised to see it is a wismec.

Tempting ahh humm um but a no. I will pass it's over $50 bucks and be more a novelty than useful. Build in battery killed off any lingering desire for this mod. I can suffer thru a shower without needing to vape.

HerbieVonVapster,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Normal agree with you but the screen power usage between them is small, if at all?

Indeed, they seem to draw the same on both DNA250 variants, and that's surprising to say the least. TFT screens tend to draw way more than OLED as they need both a LCD driver and a backlight.

But note that I was talking about the DNA75 where the color version draws 2x times more than the old one (50mA vs 26mA)

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75color.pdf
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75.pdf

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

Was surprised with he 250 specs too. Weird the 75c uses more power than the 250c. Tend to wonderer if the 250c specs are off? Sorry @KeroZen never thought there be a difference btw the 250c and 75c screen draw.

Thanks @KeroZen for pointing that out.
I need to add another reason you will also use more screen power on the 250c/75c You can adjust setting monitor puffs etc. So you will tend to have screen lite up more well playing around on device.

foggyent

Long time listener, first time caller.

I'm close to picking up a StemPod, and have some questions about Mods. I was originally thinking of getting a Evic Dual, but have started to think about getting a DNA250. My question is how does TC work on the DNA? Once I get it tuned in, do I set a temp and just have to hold the button? How long can I press the button for and do I need to pre-heat?

HerbieVonVapster

Long time listener, first time caller.

I'm close to picking up a StemPod, and have some questions about Mods. I was originally thinking of getting a Evic Dual, but have started to think about getting a DNA250. My question is how does TC work on the DNA? Once I get it tuned in, do I set a temp and just have to hold the button? How long can I press the button for and do I need to pre-heat?

With the DNA you reach temperature quick I have my preheat set at .7 seconds and hit set temperature in under 3 seconds. First hit might take extra few seconds to bring load to temperature. After that its basically instant.

Can set up to 20 seconds of fire time. If need a longer draw a reclick of fire button resets that timer.

foggyent

With the DNA you reach temperature quick I have my preheat set at .7 seconds and hit set temperature in under 3 seconds. First hit might take extra few seconds to bring load to temperature. After that its basically instant.

Can set up to 20 seconds of fire time. If need a longer draw a reclick of fire button resets that timer.
Thanks for clearing that up! I've seen you have DNA250C files made for the StemPod. Do you know if those will work in a DNA250 mod, or do you have other files for that? I like tinkering, and so the StemPod really appeals to me. What is the process like for getting a DNA mod working on TC. Is it just dropping in the file, or do in need to enter TCR and resistance?

HerbieVonVapster

With DNA I like to use TRF material file instead of TCR
The normal download fcshare3.0 was done for my dna250. So that would be the one you would use. There's a bunch different material file already loaded in that download. The stempodt loaded should work the clapton standard coil.
If it doesn't try a couple of the other different materials out. If one seem too hot or cold try another. You see a graph for each material so can get an ideal by comparing the readouts. There's a bunch of different 316L materials I have either found online or have made for testing for the different device.

What mod you thinking off?

It's also best if you could find the mods resistance normal require some searching online. I used 0.004 since that's what my mods are. You also will should run case analyzer to get the best TC settings. Since the one included is just ascribe stock setting.

Read up over on the mod firmware setting a lot good info on the differance btw TCR and TRF and different settings. Down load the escribe software. You can check out the setting and material files without having a mod.

foggyent

Thanks, that's helpful. I'm thinking of the bronze version of the Wismec Reuleaux DNA 250. I like the look of it, and I saw some good deals for it.

foggyent,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

HerbieVonVapster

That just happens be the exact same mod my DNA250 is I been really happy with it. Hasn't giving me any issue. Just checked I have 12377 puffs recorded so far and works like new.

Looks and feels good in your hand. It's one that I feel pictures don't really show how nice the design is. Granted that's a personal taste.
You do loss a few features by not going with a dna250c but on pure performance there both about the same. You don't have replay (see below)but with a well dialed in TC you can get to the same place with both.

If you are the type that has to have to have the latest greatest with the newest features and a color screen grab a DNA250c. If you like the style look of the wismec and price is a factor really can't go wrong there either.

Me I enjoy the tweaking so I couldn't resist picking up the dna250c. If looking more something that just works both will do a great job.

Still haven't played with the replay enough to say it justifies the cost difference. Hoping now that I'm spending more time using replay it might change my mind. So far it seems more like just a TC for dummies. I haven't noticed any mind shattering hits difference it has offered over a well setup TC.

Then again it's only few days and really haven't used it enough to decide for sure. Much more testing needed before can really give a thumbs up or down on this feature.

foggyent

That just happens be the exact same mod my DNA250 is I been really happy with it. Hasn't giving me any issue. Just checked I have 12377 puffs recorded so far and works like new.

Looks and feels good in your hand. It's one that I feel pictures don't really show how nice the design is. Granted that's a personal taste.
You do loss a few features by not going with a dna250c but on pure performance there both about the same. You don't have replay (see below)but with a well dialed in TC you can get to the same place with both.

If you are the type that has to have to have the latest greatest with the newest features and a color screen grab a DNA250c. If you like the style look of the wismec and price is a factor really can't go wrong there either.

Me I enjoy the tweaking so I couldn't resist picking up the dna250c. If looking more something that just works both will do a great job.

Still haven't played with the replay enough to say it justifies the cost difference. Hoping now that I'm spending more time using replay it might change my mind. So far it seems more like just a TC for dummies. I haven't noticed any mind shattering hits difference it has offered over a well setup TC.

Then again it's only few days and really haven't used it enough to decide for sure. Much more testing needed before can really give a thumbs up or down on this feature.

Awesome. I have a limited budget so probably won't be able to get another mod for a while. I keep going back and forth on if I want something smaller or something that I won't have to change the batteries in so much. Do you have a picture of the SP on the bronze Wismec 250?

HerbieVonVapster

Found a new 316L csv file that works well with the 75c/250c along with some basic info on dna chip on this site.

http://www.djlsbvapes.com/evolvdna/

Thinking of adding it to the next version of the DNAc file updates after I get the splinter_z. If anyones interested in testing that CSV that has a DNAc with other device or the z please let me know.

Not updating the regular DNA to these csv file. I will toss a z profile on it if needed not sure how the larger mass of heater will affect things. Add a bunch of material file that I have tried and work with these 510. Clean some of the test mess ones that are in there.

Recently been reading that the way the DNAc read resistance has been slightly changed from the earlier dna. That's why the creating files are taking some extra tweaking. The above file is the first that I have run across that suppose to correct for this variable.

Also replay's a strange beast still not sure how it deciding on it's output. Act slightly different than in TC mode. More consistent when changing room or going outside. I think that replay instead of just using the resistance change is adding other variables into the way it responds.

Last edited:

foggyent

So I ended up getting the Wismec Bronze DNA 250. It's beautiful and I can't wait to pair it with my StemPod when it arrives tomorrow. I loaded the FCShare setting on. I want to set the fire for 20 seconds, but can't seem to find the setting. Can someone direct me to where I can change that or is it already done from the FCShare?

HerbieVonVapster

So I ended up getting the Wismec Bronze DNA 250. It's beautiful and I can't wait to pair it with my StemPod when it arrives tomorrow. I loaded the FCShare setting on. I want to set the fire for 20 seconds, but can't seem to find the setting. Can someone direct me to where I can change that or is it already done from the FCShare?

Might have to change escribe to manufacture view to see those settings. Options and then user interface.

foggyent

Might have to change escribe to manufacture view to see those settings. Options and then user interface.

Thanks. I put Escribe into Manufacture mode and poked around but couldn't find it. In the end I did some tests with the unit and it seems it's already set to 20 seconds. Interestingly in my research I found this:

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/68832-20-second-limit/

It looks like the DNA 250C mod support a 60 second fire, but it's unclear if that only if done through a terminal command or if it can be configured for use with the fire button.

foggyent,
Reactions: Summer

HerbieVonVapster

Thanks. I put Escribe into Manufacture mode and poked around but couldn't find it. In the end I did some tests with the unit and it seems it's already set to 20 seconds. Interestingly in my research I found this:

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/68832-20-second-limit/

It looks like the DNA 250C mod support a 60 second fire, but it's unclear if that only if done through a terminal command or if it can be configured for use with the fire button.

Should be listed under mod then safety tab. I haven't found a way to get past 20 seconds on the dna250 I missed that you loaded fcshare that should be set at 20 seconds.

Glad you like the wismec DNA250. Personally felt looks better in person than the online pics.

Interesting info in the link.

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: foggyent

Hippie

Has anyone got auto fire working with Sur_myevic?

I tried this on my Invoke
I've been running sur_myevic on my RX GEN 3 for a couple of days now, nice firmware! It has auto fire mode (like FJ's cruise). Increase Prot. time under Menu > Vaping then enable AutoFi and increase ATime. A longer press of fire activates.

And get the option to set it for upto 25 seconds or forever but nothing in between.
Would like to be able to set it to 3 or 5min sessions ideally.
Aaaand
Would also like to activate it with a double click instead of the 1/2 second press as it's a bit hit n miss activating it at the moment.

SavageCore

Has anyone got auto fire working with Sur_myevic?

I tried this on my Invoke

And get the option to set it for upto 25 seconds or forever but nothing in between.
Would like to be able to set it to 3 or 5min sessions ideally.
Aaaand
Would also like to activate it with a double click instead of the 1/2 second press as it's a bit hit n miss activating it at the moment.

Yeah, took me a while to get the key press down...

I don't think you should have the heater on for that long, isn't the recommended limit like 45 seconds?

Hippie

No m8 - maybe if you're talking about a specific atomiser like the Splinter but I think thats just Ryan trying to protect people from themselves tbh lol

I'm hoping to be able to set up auto fire mode to warm up my StemPod or use it hands free through water.

FunkyJunky's tubo firmware allows you to set 5min cruise mode sessions and assign click combos to activate a cruise so I'm hoping it's possible to do the same with sur_myevic or AF too

HerbieVonVapster

FunkyJunky's tubo firmware allows you to set 5min cruise mode sessions and assign click combos to activate a cruise so I'm hoping it's possible to do the same with sur_myevic or AF too

Arctic Fox is out. The last I heard there was no desire to include a auto fire in there software.
https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/auto-fire-multi-click-option.200/

Sur_evic is open source so theres a much better shot there. I'm not sure whats required to make changes to the firmware. Since sur_evic already has built in times up to 25 seconds seems like it should be possible to increase time to suit our needs.

HerbieVonVapster

Long post for DNA mod owners.
Been thinking with DNA mods requiring the correct settings to work. Adding things like case thermal mod resistance the correct file for amount of batteries mod uses are required. A easier way for some would be to have the different 510 device profile as separate downloads.

I also been debating between offer the complete package with default case and mod resistance. The issue is it doesn't currently work on 3 or 4 battery mod. Downfall it this way would requires all owners to search out there mod resistance and run case analyzer to work correctly.

Or the 2nd option would be to just focus on the lost vape paranormal250c and the wismec 250 mods. Have downloads for those 2 device with mod resistance case thermal preinstalled? Either option will requires other mods owners to run case analyzer find mod resistance. But if the below tests pan out this saves the lost vape and wismec owners needing to run case analyzer or adjust there mod resistance.

My fear is I don't want to make it too confusing by having too many options. So I'm leaning towards the 2nd option. It benefits the lost vape / wismec folks and doesn't affect the setting that are needed to be done by other mod owners. Other than above changes in the dnc250c file is puff time increased to 20 seconds. Power cutoff set 65 watts, and allow dubious coils.

So first I added profiles over in FCSHARE download area for the DNAc. The profiles have the settings I use for device. Will include the best current material file I found or have made. Not saying there there the best, just the best I found and tested so far. If you have one you find works better please let me know would love to try it out.
My goal is to get the best possible DNA material file and settings out there for these for these 510 devices. For we all can the get most outa our devices. Without needing to spend hours searching out csv files and testing them.

Next up is finding out how much case analyzer varies or mod resistance varies with same brand model from device to device. Going setup laptop and rerun case analyzer 5 times each on 2 different paranormal this week see if there's a difference.

Speaking of 2 paranormals I have a new member to the mod family that will help me speed up testing. Will help save the wear & tear of needing to switch 510 device so often. Or waiting on board temperature to drop before retesting. Not sure if the international or US escribe settings are a 100% interchangeable but now can have both loaded to test.

A big thank you to the wonderful person here on FC that made this possible. Haven't had a chance to ask you yet if it's cool with me posting your name. :)

Right now iheat is running great and been confirmed as 316 stainless steel. With the Splinter Z I been using the 316L material file from DJLAB or 316 SS. I also retest splinter and the stempod with it's stock coils before I posted there profiles. For DNA non color the best bet is too download complete file and remove from it the profile you want.

Also if anyone is getting the throttling bug in the 250c. I upload a new version that hopefully helps. Decided to remove command to read temperature well firing. Haven't seen it mess up the throttling yet but want to give it a couple days of use. That's what's annoying it's so random. Hopefully with 2 mods can narrow down what's triggering it.

I did reloaded the stock theme and it worked perfect. My feeling is something to do with high memory use of some themes and fields being read well it's firing. If that's the case a simpler theme might work better than Franks. The bells and whistle in Franks are nice but not worth a performance loss.

foggyent

Having just got a StemPod and my first mod I appreciated the FCShare file and @HerbieVonVapster was nice enough to share his case analyzer result ( I have the same bronze Wismec as him). That being said it wasn't plug and play. I still had to experiment to get TC working. In the end I ran case analyzer myself and got results that were pretty different than @HerbieVonVapster. I'm curious how much variance there is between the same mod. Maybe it's due to different batteries.

HerbieVonVapster

Having just got a StemPod and my first mod I appreciated the FCShare file and @HerbieVonVapster was nice enough to share his case analyzer result ( I have the same bronze Wismec as him). That being said it wasn't plug and play. I still had to experiment to get TC working. In the end I ran case analyzer myself and got results that were pretty different than @HerbieVonVapster. I'm curious how much variance there is between the same mod. Maybe it's due to different batteries.

Ran the paranormal case analyzer 4 times and also reran the wismec. Getting slightly different values on each run. Going just average it after finish 10 run with the paranormals. 5 with the wismec.

Sorry file wasn't plug and play for you. What material file ended up working out the best? It's been a while since I ran stock coil stempod on the wismec. Hopefully some of the other material profiles worked out.

I currently have the stock coils on stempod if get a chance will check it out on the wismec tomorrow.

foggyent

Ran the paranormal case analyzer 4 times and also reran the wismec. Getting slightly different values on each run. Going just average it after finish 10 run with the paranormals. 5 with the wismec.

Sorry file wasn't plug and play for you. What material file ended up working out the best? It's been a while since I ran stock coil stempod on the wismec. Hopefully some of the other material profiles worked out.

I currently have the stock coils on stempod if get a chance will check it out on the wismec tomorrow.

Well then for science, here are the values from my bronze Wismec run at about 25%:

Top Bottom