TC Box Mods Firmware Discussions and Customizing

HerbieVonVapster

Weird the test on paranormal are all coming of slightly different value. Only difference is amount of battery charge btw my Paranormal tests.
Been awhile since ran first case analyze on the wismec. My second run is much closer to yours. Going run it a couple more times and average. FYI heres my 2nd run numbers testing with iheat attached. Wonder what's better to run with a 510 device attached or without? I felt with attached as thats closer to real world usage?
I also wonder how important the battery charge is to the outcome?

Wismec

I can understand why they came up with replay. Personally I'm not a huge fan of replay. It does make TC tons easier to setup. Just for our use I feel TC or a combo of the 2 might be the better option.

Replay is more designed for ejuice user in mind. To recreate the heating cycle that reproduces the best flavored hit. Then reproduce that same heating pattern over and over. It not designed to maintain same temperatures through the draw. More to heat up a liquid to release in a way to output same flavor over and over. Then to throttle back the heat when sense a dry hit.

I hope explaining this in a way that makes sense. If really interested in it check out this great interview. Info starts around 13 min mark.

I could see having a replay profile set up to flavor chase first couple hits of a stem. After that is where replay losses it's usefulness I feel. In replay mode it hit fine as long as you maintain the same draw rate.

The problem for me is depending on mood. I might like to sip or draw a huge cloud. I want the temperature to remain stable no matter how I or what type of draw I use. In TC mode it does that. In replay I see a wide range of temperature variations depending on draw rate.

I also like to increase temperature as load becomes more spent and use muti strains at different temperature settings. I ended up just finding TC was easier more useful overall.

I still have a setup with replay since I feel might have it's usefulness with a fresh load or a quick grab a hit over TC when unit is cold. In TC the first hit or 2 is sometimes weaker. I could see with some tweaking to have a replay option that different than TC to uses a heating method that exposes the most flavor from a fresh load.

Last edited:

almost there

Ran the paranormal case analyzer 4 times and also reran the wismec. Getting slightly different values on each run. Going just average it after finish 10 run with the paranormals. 5 with the wismec.

Sorry file wasn't plug and play for you. What material file ended up working out the best? It's been a while since I ran stock coil stempod on the wismec. Hopefully some of the other material profiles worked out.

I currently have the stock coils on stempod if get a chance will check it out on the wismec tomorrow.
So after watching and rewatching the DJLSB tutorial on escribe what I learned was that the mod's thermal values are not a huge significance in TC, at worst you'll be 5 degrees off in TC. Making sure you have your mod's internal resistance set correctly seems to be a bigger priority in accurate TC usage. Anyway I'm just repeating what I've heard, don't even understand what it means :lol:

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

Interesting and helpful since I'm finding the range of values on the testing really been all over the place. Since it's only a 5 degree difference then it's something I been over concerned with. Just going average the 6 test and call it a day on that project.

Thanks for pointed that out @almost there learned something new :) Also saves me running another 4 test lol. Going have to watch the DJLSB video since he really seems know his stuff. I already been using the 316L material file he made but somehow missed his escribe video.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I mention this because my own experience and every account I've read says that using the donuts on TCR mode can TC just as smoothly & accurately as TFR mode, without the need for .csv files or fine-tuning dozens of reference points. Also, when swapping out to different donuts with a different base resistance, your .csv file can be useless, if it starts at a different valve, and you must load multiple files / profiles because one donut is 0.484 and the other is 0.515? :doh: Just use TCR mode with your own values and none of that matters! plug & play!

Hey mate, quoted that from the Advanced e-cigs OHQ thread. I might be wrong but I think TFR values are not tied to a particular resistance value. They are just a series of TCR coefficients to create a non-linear curve, but they are independent from the starting resistance, at least that's my understanding.

On the other land, loading a whole box configuration could indeed copy the owner's resistance values, as discussed above in this thread.

HerbieVonVapster

Since i'm always looking for the better DNAc settings been looking more into the preheat settings on the DNA250c.

Currently been using preheat in the temperature setting. Running at 60 watts till it hits 350 then up to 50watts or whats needed to maintain set temperature in the Z. Since worked well for a range of temps from 360-420 I haven't played with it much.

Got to messing around today with using the punch setting at around 10. So I wanted ask other if they could try it.

If using Franks theme (it's the one used my download) really easy to switch back and forth. If you don't feel like using ascribe can switch to the trend screen instead on mod. You can fire from trend screen and see the last puff graph.
There close to same but looking for one that has the less overshoot of temperature on device monitor or on trend screen.

I'm finding most online info is geared towards ecig users. It doesn't aways work out the same for our type use.
So why I wouldn't mind getting some more feedback on the others using the DNAc preheat settings. How do other find it responds overshoot temp etc. before changing settings in the file. If could add the 510 device your using would be great.

On the other land, loading a whole box configuration could indeed copy the owner's resistance values, as discussed above in this thread.

Yep I try to leave that field blank so it normally ask for a resample.
Sorry guess was too much testing that day and in a rush to get the separate profiles up a before a camping trip. I missed removing my resistance values in those profiles before uploading them.

The new copy has those values removed again. Sorry about any confusion or aggravation this may have caused anyone.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

In case your not following splinterZ thread. With the help of @ChooChooCharlie @Stu and @Buildozer got results from testing a DNA250c. After reviewing Stu results got me to rewatch parts of the video's. By compare Stu results to the graph with result from DJLSB labs test lead to a couple of things I missed. This i has caused me some headaches in the past.

There notes explain the arrows in in bold.

Green arrow = start draw, red arrow = end draw.

splinter-z-temp-slope-50w-w-arrows-edited.jpg

Nothing too surprising to me, but interesting to see the temp slopes nonetheless.

Edited to point out start/end draw.

Edit 2: Moved the second red arrow. I didn't video the test which I often do to get exact start/stop points so the arrows are my best memory of watching the temp readout during the test. My lack of proper sciencing should be taken into consideration here.

If you start the video at around 1:13:30 time there a graph that shows 2 of the DNA issue with SS and why I had switched to DJLSB material file.
I started using a DNA250 then added the DNA250c. Since I didn't have a DNA75c and video was from last year I never watched this video thanks to @almost there for pointing it out.

Getting a much lower temperature using 316L stainless steel material on DNAc mods. There's also differences in the temperatures depending on amount of coils used. Finally explains why I'm having so many issue getting stempod to respond as expected using SS316L.

Since correct setting are based on having mod resistance value being correct. It leads me to believe the triade value I used file used in the triade tested are wrong.

The lost vape triade DNA250c is a newer mod. I tried to download a triade file from lost vape and there downloads do not work.
I had to use file from escribe for it's download. Was supposed to have been tested with mod resistance of 0.006. I google search today and seems those values are incorrect. Other people listed mod resistance values for it at either 0.003 or 0.004.

If @ChooChooCharlie doesn't mind opening escribe and then clicking help. There a setting called backup that recorded you setting when you first connected to escribe. Open that and let me know what they used for stock mod resistance?

I switched a paranormal to the resistance setting used in it. Really effected performance going from 0.004 to 0.006.
By using a higher mod resistance value lower the heat output. So I needed raise temperatures setting. I also needed more wattage to reach and maintain my set temperature. A big draw maxed out the watts setting and even caused a dip. It took a longer time to reach the set temperatures. Wasn't my normal experience.

The Triade is making a little pit stop here on it's way back home to @ChooChooCharlie. I be able then to test it compare it's current settings to the above test. Give me a baseline to work with it. Since @choochooCharle was getting a descent experience before looking forward to making it better for him.

Also decided going switch from using temperature to punch in preheats for the next DNAc profile updates. Feel it worked better or at least as good as using the temperature setting. Hopefully get at a least new SplinterZ profile up today.

HerbieVonVapster

Herbie, thanks for helping me find it. Think this is what you wanted to see:

Escribe-resistance-screens.jpg

Thanks so stock was 0.004 from lost vape for Triade. Going use that instead i think it's the issue.

Sorry about that without having a triade I based the triade download on file linked before. Guess I should have researched it more but I took the download at face value from escribe. :mad:

Guess in roundabout way messing up helped. If it had graphed out better for Stu. I wouldn't of have ever went back and watched that escribe video @almost there posted. Finding the info that SS is running cold along with finding 2 coils respond differently than 1 will really help. Save me time and improve the profiles. I had wasted a lot working to adjust material files. This info at least explains my issues with stempod and helps explain few other things.

Sorry @ChooChooCharlie that in this process I wasted some of your time. I'm also going thank you in advance for all future triade and 3 battery DNA250c user this will help. :):clap:

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/f...ile-after-resistance-and-case-analyzer-tests/

ChooChooCharlie

No waste of time. You're the one putting in all the effort!

I wouldn't trust that resistance figure in first backup. Was not familiar with the software and a bit eager. Don't think I made a backup after first hookup, only after loading one of the files.

Thanks again for your work!

ChooChooCharlie,

started@52

Anyone have a starting point for TC on a Voopoo with a Splinter Z? I have a Paranormal 250c coming Monday but would like to play with TC with what I have this weekend to compare the 250c to next week. Thanks.

started@52,

HerbieVonVapster

The FCSHARE files have been updated with new setting and new profiles.

:science:Changes to the maxs output temperature have been made in this download you can only go as high as 445 degrees for temperature settings. At 445 the temp protection now kicks in on the DNAc download. If temperature is too low for your use the setting is under mod then safety tab.

I set it this way for wattage use. This setting should cut off power in wattage mode before load reach combustion :science:

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Does anyone know if the DNA250 chipset has a feature that will allow a user to press the button once rather than hold it down? I am hoping to get a full heat cycle out of a single quick press of the button. Is there a name for this feature on the DNA mods or other mods? I believe the Tubo Evic might have had something similar called cruise control and the Vivant Incendo mod box has email mode which does the same.

@HerbieVonVapster It sounds like you may have done this on your DNA250c mod? Is this what your talking about when you say "punch in preheats"? How did you do this?

HerbieVonVapster

Does anyone know if the DNA250 chipset has a feature that will allow a user to press the button once rather than hold it down? I am hoping to get a full heat cycle out of a single quick press of the button. Is there a name for this feature on the DNA mods or other mods? I believe the Tubo Evic might have had something similar called cruise control and the Vivant Incendo mod box has email mode which does the same.

@HerbieVonVapster It sounds like you may have done this on your DNA250c mod? Is this what your talking about when you say "punch in preheats"? How did you do this?

Evolv ascribe software isn't open source. For safety reason I would be surprised to see a cruise control feature added.
The preheat punch determines how close to the set temperature limit to use preheat. Lower setting drops it back to the normal wattage sooner higher cut it closer to the set temp. Mainly to used bring device to temperature quicker. If set too high or too much wattage will overshoot the set temp.

foggyent

I haven't had any luck with the FCSHARE profiles, everything seems way to cool. I saw in the StemPod thread that @HerbieVonVapster mentioned the djlsb 316L material file, so I check out this page: http://www.djlsbvapes.com/evolvdna/ which has a section for my Wismec Reuleaux DNA200. That says to use a mod resistance of 0.0016 compared to 0.003 which I had gotten from the Evolve forums. What would be the effect on the vape of increasing or decreasing the mod resistance?

foggyent,

SavageCore

Does anyone know if the DNA250 chipset has a feature that will allow a user to press the button once rather than hold it down?

If you're by your PC you can from device monitor, there's a button bottom right called 'Puff' I think that lets you fire for X seconds. I wish we could get autofire/cruise!

@foggyent lowering the resistance should increase temp. My Wismec DNA200 runs cool on those profiles as well. My mod resistance is @ 0.004 Time for testing.

Yeah same with both my DNA mods however only on the Splinter Z, not Splinter. Mod resistance is 0.004 same as you.

To get clouds out of the Z I need to have the coil resistance locked at 0.404. Atomiser Anaylser reads it at around 0.37 cold.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

I haven't had any luck with the FCSHARE profiles, everything seems way to cool. I saw in the StemPod thread that @HerbieVonVapster mentioned the djlsb 316L material file, so I check out this page: http://www.djlsbvapes.com/evolvdna/ which has a section for my Wismec Reuleaux DNA200. That says to use a mod resistance of 0.0016 compared to 0.003 which I had gotten from the Evolve forums. What would be the effect on the vape of increasing or decreasing the mod resistance?

Before get into all this first try increase the temperature setting to make sure it's running correctly. If can get a good hit then you know it's just finding a material file that going compensates for the temperature difference thats displayed.

The colder temperature that some are experiencing may have to do with my test setup. I use a 19/22 wood stem with fine mesh basket screen. My splinterZ cold resistance is 0.400 I make sure to have it set to that for the cold ohms in the DNAc. That setting needs to be correct for your coil for the best results. If somethings not right thats the first place to look. Also check to make sure you have it on allow dubious coils under the mod safety tab in escribe for DNAc.

If your using a 19/19 stem with the more open mesh screen you will find you need to raise the material resistance or increase the temperature. For the DNA250c would suggest the DJLSB 316L file for the DNA can try it or some of the other materials in that download. There all based off SS in FCSHARE downloads so safe to try them.
In DNA mods you can also try locking resistance sometimes it helps if having issues with a coil.

In the material tab you can see how hot each material is going be by looking at the graph for it. There is some room to make adjustment to these material file. You need be careful too much of a change can cause issue in reading working correctly in TC mode.
Might want stick with the included materials. Find best one and adjust temperatures on mod if needed. Later can attempt to edit your own.

Try a couple them out using device monitor to observe how each responds. Once you observe how these material changes the outcome. Its then just finding or tweaking the right material file for device with your mod. With people using different screens with different distance from heater the outcomes will be different. To gets as close to my setup will give best results using my files.

There's also 2 profiles under tirade mod. The one is based off the 19/19 RBT stem and screen you can also try it with the other DNAc mods if running cold.

I only tried changing my mods resistance once and had no luck. Going from 0.004 to 0.006 it ran much worse.
I tried it didn't like it so haven't read much on the subject. I found a more detailed response on how changing the mods resistance affects outcome. I only had time to skim the thread but it seems to explain it well.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65594-mod-resistance/

Best advise is to use the device monitor. It will show you whats happening live when make a change (make sure to upload to device changes before retesting). really can't stress enough how much of a helpful tool this is. By seeing how the wattage is being used by the material file gives you a better ideal on whats going on.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I have an eVic Basic mod which I have installed the most recent firmware update from lamart.ch in the past 2 weeks. My maximum temp is 500F. Is this because of the device or is that a limit set in that particular firmware?

nosmoking,

little maggie

Working my way through threads to see how to upgrade my p80. I have a senior brain and this language is confusing. There are great settings for sur_myevic on this thread and I think I can figure out how to do them because I have a tubo. It's flashing the software itself that I'm confused about. What do I download from the github site. There is only 1 bin file and it says: rounded rect; custom profile names (edit with VTCFont);
Do I download this and follow FJ instructions for his software? Or is there a different file I download and if so which one? Or is there a different process than FJ's for adding to my p80?
(I know this info is here and probably simple but I've been reading these threads for several hours now and not getting better informed.)

little maggie,

little maggie

You can download the firmware and VTCFont tool to flash here
https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic/blob/master/git_doc_en/usageandcompatibility_en.md

You can use the Arctic fox tool or follow FunkyJunky's instructions to flash too (they're all very samey)
I am so frustrated with these box mods I'm ready to throw them all out. My wismec gen 3 just came and although people complain about the door popping open it's another I can't open. I am not strong enough to use these that require "pressure". The site you listed is the one I was on and I clicked on the bin link before I wrote the question you answered. It takes me to a page with 2 bin options to download and I still don't know which one. My p80 is the only one with an easy to open battery door and I'd like to be able to use it. I downloaded the wismec software already.

little maggie,
Top Bottom