TC Box Mods Firmware Discussions and Customizing

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP19_US_ServicePack.exe
I installed this above service pack and then I loaded Frank’s theme for the paranormal in this link
https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/109-✪-therion-paranormal-mirage-and-others-replay-ready-english-italian-✪/
If Frank’s theme gives you temp protect errors then you’ll have to play around with it. I had problems originally but the service pack and reinstalling the theme fixed all the issues

Escribe updated the service pack directly and the new theme went on first try along with the Splinter profile. Thanks man.

@cybrguy, did you get your hcigar yet? It's really easy to set up.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Escribe updated the service pack directly and the new theme went on first try along with the Splinter profile. Thanks man.

I just ordered one of these from GearBest. Have no idea how reputable they are, but looking forward to receiving the mod!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I hope the wait is less excruciating. I ordered mine on the 10th (AliEx) and it currently says I should see it tomorrow. :doh: Given that it is still showing at the airport customs where it seems to have arrived I am not particularly confident I will actually see it tomorrow...

almost there

:nod:
I hope the wait is less excruciating. I ordered mine on the 10th (AliEx) and it currently says I should see it tomorrow. :doh: Given that it is still showing at the airport customs where it seems to have arrived I am not particularly confident I will actually see it tomorrow...
Dang, it still hasn’t arrived? You sure they didn’t send it by boat:lol:. I ordered my first mod direct from China last Sunday and it arrived yesterday, not too shabby-the ordeal lasted 10 days. Hope all goes smoothly for you tomorrow, feels like you mentioned this mod for a super long time:nod:

almost there,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I just ordered one of these from GearBest. Have no idea how reputable they are, but looking forward to receiving the mod!

Word. I'm using mine with the Z and long XL8R right now at 395°. Poorer build quality but better ergos for my hands than the Paranormal and I can even talk myself into the chintzy wood paneling as a decent match for the bubinga. GearBest is fine.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I ordered the same one last week just got it yesterday. Its seems great, struggling to set it up with my Splinter though. Works a lot better than my old mod in power mode.

My only complaint is the wood paneling on the sides. Whatever adhesive they used is horrible. Its peeling from the corners fresh out of the box.

Mynameismud,
Reactions: bossman

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I ordered the same one last week just got it yesterday. Its seems great, struggling to set it up with my Splinter though. Works a lot better than my old mod in power mode.

My only complaint is the wood paneling on the sides. Whatever adhesive they used is horrible. Its peeling from the corners fresh out of the box.
Have you tried the FCShare ecig profiles?

YaMon,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Are the themes pretty much mod agnostic? Does one need, for example, a DNA75c theme rather than a DNA250c theme or would both work? How bout brand? Can I use a Paranormal theme on my HCigar?

cybrguy,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Have you tried the FCShare ecig profiles?
Yes first time messing with a mod. sooo frustrated yesterday but i seem to have gotten it working now. First Update the service pack. I tried loading the hcigar.Ecig file but it just kept giving me a temp protect error so i reset it and loaded the SplinterDNA75.ecigprofile seems to be working now.
Are the themes pretty much mod agnostic? Does one need, for example, a DNA75c theme rather than a DNA250c theme or would both work? How bout brand? Can I use a Paranormal theme on my HCigar?
Franks theme had an option for the HcigarVT75 so I downloaded that theme. dont know if the other files for different mods themes would have worked or not as i didnt try

Mynameismud,
Reactions: YaMon

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
With my RX 2/3 I can shut the mod down for pocket or bag carry without having to pull the batteries. I can't seem to find a way to do that on the VT75D. Anyone have a clue? The RX also had a menu item for changing button press settings that I also can't find.

cybrguy,

Hippie

Mine takes 5 clicks to lock and unlock
It displays 5 dots below the clock when locked and deletes one with each click

Have you noticed the led on the fire button changes colour when the coil reaches temp?
Shame you can't see it in use :lmao:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thanks.
Have you noticed the led on the fire button changes colour when the coil reaches temp?
Hadn't noticed that. Cool. I think there is a lot to learn about this mod, but it is working well even for a noob.

The DNA chip never going fully dark had me for a while... ;)

after reading this thread im still confused what the "best" mod for a splinter Z would be.

from my understanding its one with a DNA(250c) chip and FCshare firmware(?) and Franks theme on it, even though there is no cruise control available, as opposed to devices compatible with the Xevic firmware like the Wismec Reuleaux, or are opinions mixed on this one?

I have a unopened Triade 250c laying around, but i could sell it even with a little profit and get a Reuleaux with evic for almost halve the price, Lost Vape devices are worth their money though.

In the end, at least for me, money, looks or build quality are only second priority if the evic mod would perform better in vaporizing my herbs.

fluffyBollocks,
Reactions: YaMon

Summer

Long Island, NY
@fluffyBollocks, if you go with sur_myevic or tubo software you can use your Z as a log vape because of the cruise/autofire option -- meaning heat soaking your load at very low wattage (e.g. 14w) before hitting it, as well as using wattage & tcr modes. Others (@bossman ;)) will say that dna mods are the creme de la creme. You can alway use your Tirade & catch a good sale on a Wismec or Evic ($43 at max w/ ship) down the road & have all options open to you.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have a unopened Triade 250c laying around, but i could sell it even with a little profit and get a Reuleaux with evic for almost halve the price, Lost Vape devices are worth their money though.
Fire that baby up, dude. I've had an RX 2/3 for a while now and it works fine in wattage mode and adequately in a kludge of a TC mode. I am sure I could improve on the TC if I was willing to throw enough time at it but wattage mode was OK.

A long awaited VT75D arrived yesterday which has the DNA75c and I updated the firmware and theme. After doing hardly anything other than increasing and locking the coil resistance it is already performing way better than the RX ever has for me. If this is any indication I expect to like this chip setup a lot. The reported temps likely are not accurate, but as long as they are consistent that is just fine. I haven't had any scorching or hot spotting so far which I can't say about my RX.

Since you already have the Triade I'd say Just Do It.

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Has anyone used replay mode with the splinter? I cant seem to get it to work. I taka a hit, press the save button and it says playing but i cant get any vapor

Mynameismud,
Reactions: bossman

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I've never really understood what replay is meant to accomplish. Why replay?

And I posted this in another thread:
You remind me of an important point, and when I mention how relatively zipless the setup of my VT75D has been, that is likely totally due to having @HerbieVonVapster 's profile and Frank's Theme already built for me ready to just plug in. So, yes, the DNA chips are great, but so is the help from @HerbieVonVapster . Thank you very much, Sir.

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
@fluffyBollocks your triad will give you the best performance I would use that. Then as @Summer suggested grab a firmware compatible mod on sale for some fun log mode action.

@Mynameismud ive used replay in wattage mode. I like to set the wattage on the higher end. Take a quick hit , press save. As long as you draw the exact same way replay will give you the exact same hit each time. So it’s a bit like temp control for dummies.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@Mynameismud ive used replay in wattage mode. I like to set the wattage on the higher end. Take a quick hit , press save. As long as you draw the exact same way replay will give you the exact same hit each time. So it’s a bit like temp control for dummies.
I'll have to try that. Thanks for sharing.

bossman,
Top Bottom