Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
First off, If anyone out there has a rattly S3 that drives them crazy like mine did.. Heat up the block to ~200C (that's what I did at least) and then carefully press the entire top plate down tight.. So far mine hasn't come loose again! :cool: I did mine pretty sketchy, but you guys should probably use an oven mitt or something :2c: :lol: Also be careful pressing down on the center part of the plate, you can smash it all the way down if you're not careful; it doesn't take much force.

-----------------------------

I'm curious @Alexis, How were you heating up your S3? I've tried a number of different approaches w/ both butane and propane torches, and I've found that IME some ways produce smoother vapor (believe it or not) than other heating approaches.. IMO I feel that heating the very top corner of one of the large faces, and keeping it only in that spot, ensures smoother hits than trying other approaches I've tried (can't say why though), though it takes longer to heat than other approaches.. Some approaches lead to noticeably faster heat up times (and FWIW noticeably higher heat rise after the torch was removed) even w/ the same torch/flame size, while others are much slower; IMO it's the slower heat ups that get the smoothest hits.. Just my subjective findings YMMV... I was heating a different, faster way, for a month or so, and I was consistently coughing A Lot, and I was starting to think it was just me, since the S3 had always seemed so smooth at first, turns out that changing the way I was heating it back to how I initially did it solved my problem..

@anasrzi mentioned something.... I'm paraphrasing, but he said he hit his S3 dry upon receiving it, just as a way to feel it out, and see what he thought :science: I'm curious if doing that would have the same effect on you as a vaped bowl of herb in that vape would.. I won't ask you to try it, since it seems like you're reaction to whatever's happening is pretty serious.. but if I were you, I think I'd like to know for sure, and that seems like it should be revealing... I'm not gonna go against your beliefs, but this seems to be a one of a kind reported case so far, and although the S3 is sort of new, there was an S1 and S2, which were essentially the same vape, and no such reports yet as far as I'm aware.. Not that it invalidates your findings though, just saying, there could be something more practical going on that's mainly responsible, like your known herb allergy..

Have you posted a classifieds ad up here yet? I'm sure someone out there would love to take it off your hands at a fair price, considering that it's practically new and you payed the shipping and customs fees, and they don't have to wait..

Sorry for all the words you guys.. So far, I haven't vaped enough today! :D

Alexis

First off, If anyone out there has a rattly S3 that drives them crazy like mine did.. Heat up the block to ~200C (that's what I did at least) and then carefully press the entire top plate down tight.. So far mine hasn't come loose again! :cool: I did mine pretty sketchy, but you guys should probably use an oven mitt or something :2c: :lol: Also be careful pressing down on the center part of the plate, you can smash it all the way down if you're not careful; it doesn't take much force.

-----------------------------

I'm curious @Alexis, How were you heating up your S3? I've tried a number of different approaches w/ both butane and propane torches, and I've found that IME some ways produce smoother vapor (believe it or not) than other heating approaches.. IMO I feel that heating the very top corner of one of the large faces, and keeping it only in that spot, ensures smoother hits than trying other approaches I've tried (can't say why though), though it takes longer to heat than other approaches.. Some approaches lead to noticeably faster heat up times (and FWIW noticeably higher heat rise after the torch was removed) even w/ the same torch/flame size, while others are much slower; IMO it's the slower heat ups that get the smoothest hits.. Just my subjective findings YMMV... I was heating a different, faster way, for a month or so, and I was consistently coughing A Lot, and I was starting to think it was just me, since the S3 had always seemed so smooth at first, turns out that changing the way I was heating it back to how I initially did it solved my problem..

@anasrzi mentioned something.... I'm paraphrasing, but he said he hit his S3 dry upon receiving it, just as a way to feel it out, and see what he thought :science: I'm curious if doing that would have the same effect on you as a vaped bowl of herb in that vape would.. I won't ask you to try it, since it seems like you're reaction to whatever's happening is pretty serious.. but if I were you, I think I'd like to know for sure, and that seems like it should be revealing... I'm not gonna go against your beliefs, but this seems to be a one of a kind reported case so far, and although the S3 is sort of new, there was an S1 and S2, which were essentially the same vape, and no such reports yet as far as I'm aware.. Not that it invalidates your findings though, just saying, there could be something more practical going on that's mainly responsible, like your known herb allergy..

Have you posted a classifieds ad up here yet? I'm sure someone out there would love to take it off your hands at a fair price, considering that it's practically new and you payed the shipping and customs fees, and they don't have to wait..

Sorry for all the words you guys.. So far, I haven't vaped enough today! :D

Thank you that is very thoughtful and considerate and open to what I have descibed. I tried the various heatinh methods you have mentioned but it didny seem that any of these variables made any difference. I never tried it without herb, but the reaction is so severe I accepted that it is actually very dangerous for me to even go near again. Really severe inflammation in my throat, sinuses lungs and windpipe, whereby I choked very badly and was suffocating.

This is a typical allergic reaction and a very serious one, so I shant ever take the risk again. This is what I mean when I say it just cant be anything other than an allergy to something specific, other than the weed, and not related to the way the Supreme produces the vapor,,that just doesnt make any sense to me at all that the reaction would be that serious otherwise.

Yes I sure you are right that I may well be the only person so far, and hopefully ever, to report this. That in itself sort of clarifies that it is something out of the ordinary. If it was just the way the vapor is created, thenyou would expect others to be affected in some way in relation to,other vapes. But I dont believe the Supreme has a reputation for being bad for respiratory symptoms, quite the opposite it seems, albeit with a little coughing here and there.

Your words are very kind to me after I let myself down and lost my usual calm earlier today. Im sure there are a few members have lost as potential friends, I will be surprised if I everbsee @biohacker like one of my posts again, and dont blame him I want very friendly. Im really on edge emotionally at the moment but i sincerely apologize if I have upset or angered anyone.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@Alexis I'm very sorry that you are not able to enjoy your Supreme. Feel free to post it in our Classifieds section if you would like as I'm sure you'll get a fair price for it.

Having said that, this subject has derailed the thread so please take any further conversation about your health issues to PMs.

Thank you.

:peace:

biohacker

First off, If anyone out there has a rattly S3 that drives them crazy like mine did

I thought they were all supposed to be like that? lol Isn't it intentional? I also saw in the other thread about aluminum safety, and how aluminum dust is something you've never seen on the S3 and that it's the user incorrectly using the unit if there is dust. I'm pretty sure that there are more than a few of us, but it's something that has always been on my mind. What am I doing wrong? I always just used the unit as intended, yet the aluminum dust is something that never went away. Not saying I inhaled it, but it's definitely there around the silicone from the aluminum on aluminum friction.

@Alexis - Sorry if I offended you with my BS comment on muscle testing. I would have done the same if you told me your psychic told you that the Supreme is the devil. :evil: I kinda lost you when I got to...

and a horrible dead fish like odor which washes off genitals each day but returns aftr urinating) Vega testing has consistently pocked up the infections,

....sorry, just gave me a good chuckle there so thanks for that! :tup:

If you take my weed away then I just get suicidally depressed, so it is the lesser evil to try and live with the allergy.

Sounds like you have more important things to deal with than a vape that doesn't work with your chemistry. All the best dude, and I actually NEED a Supreme3, so let's chat yeah? :peace:

Gotta love vapes that do things that others can't!

Vape Dr.

The supreme using bio-molecular gasification like the Sublimator is very different from traditional vaping.

This system allows the active principles to pass through the blood capillaries of mucous membranes rather than through the alveoli of the lungs, thus achieving a much faster and more effective absorption.

Here is a link that may explain things a bit better. It's the same principle as the Sublimator.

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/sublimator-molecular-gasification-of-cannabis/

Hope this helps!

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I thought they were all supposed to be like that? lol Isn't it intentional? I also saw in the other thread about aluminum safety, and how aluminum dust is something you've never seen on the S3 and that it's the user incorrectly using the unit if there is dust. I'm pretty sure that there are more than a few of us, but it's something that has always been on my mind. What am I doing wrong? I always just used the unit as intended, yet the aluminum dust is something that never went away. Not saying I inhaled it, but it's definitely there around the silicone from the aluminum on aluminum friction.
I know Stu's isn't rattly and that's the one I've always compared mine to :lol: I don't see why it would be intentional, but I've heard it was common, still doesn't make me happy about it...

I have never seen any sign of aluminum dust.. I can't imagine many ways how you guys can be creating it? Maybe I need to check mine out better :shrug: When you talk about dust how much are you talking, like it never stops making dust? I don't have any issues like that :shrug: Aside from being caused by the user, the only other thing I can think is maybe it's left over from manufacturing?? :shrug: I do want to figure it out though, since I really don't understand how it can be an issue like that.. I've always been pretty careful putting my bowl in, and after so many times putting it in it's super smooth, so maybe at first when it was a fresh cut bowl.. now the edges rounded off from being used, but I still can't recall any dust even though it's possible there was a speck here and there when it was all new :shrug:... I remember hearing someone talk about using it w/o grommets and just pushing the bowl all the way in until the rod from the screen hits the bottom plate on the heater, I can definitely see that making dust.. My screen rod doesn't touch that at all w/ 2 grommets, but I think when mine was brand new w/ one grommet, that rod did make contact w/ that plate too, barely.. That's the main cause I can figure, since I haven't seen anything like that.. I was always concerned the rattle could make dust like that, but still never saw any :shrug: It would be nice to understand more..

Anyways, mine isn't rattling anymore, and I'm happy about it! If I were you guys w/ rattly S3's I'd do something about that! :cool:

MinnBobber

The supreme using bio-molecular gasification like the Sublimator is very different from traditional vaping.
I don't understand how the Supreme can use bio-molecular gasification like the Sublimator. How can it pulverize the vapor into micro-spheres and pass thru atomizer that splits them etc.
In my mind, sounds like above Supreme's pay grade.

looking to learn more on this, thanks

EDIT: in search for their website, I get one showing wooden body is standard and can find no other home. Is there a current home, with maybe more info than the site I found...thanks

Last edited:

Oogendoogan

I can see how the supreme works just like the sublimator, if you use it with the tube all the way in while your heating it creates heat in the chamber or tube just like the sublimators atomizer and the block contains a lot of heat just like the sublimators heating head (Apollo or dabmaster) I could see how the exact same process is happened and I can't find it right now but there is some info in this thread on how the supreme works, at least the heating element.

I have used the sublimator many times and I recently borrowed the flame powered sublimator eliminator which was very similar to the supreme. I will link some pics below for people who do not know about it. It's a flame powered sublimator. I mean the sublimator may be a little bit more expensive and there fore a little more conservative.. but it was literally exactly almost the same thing as far as vapor quality is concerned.

I mean I enjoyed the eliminator when I had it especially because of its dual capability's doing oil and herb at the same time and how efficient it is, it is more expensive and that's probably why it is more efficient.. maybe it's the more accurate thermal equilibrium.. I don't know because I'm not a scientist or very informed at all in biogasificsfion but I tried both and I really could barely tell the difference. The supreme is amazing at it's cost. The temp control makes it have an edge over the eliminator in that department but the eliminator is overall more enjoyable, I think it is the same process happening to your herbs so you are getting very similar results. They really do have almost the same type of flavor and vapor signature and same kind of high. That is saying a lot because we're comparing the supreme to the highest quality of devices here. It's really a compliment.

Thank you @Vape Dr. You Shared some pretty awesome info and I would be very interested to learn more about the supreme in the way this article describes the sublimator. It seems like the sublimator eliminator and the supreme are the same principle and the eliminator is a sublimator, it does what the article describes and it is basically the same as the supreme. that article was pretty in depth.. we would have to get a supreme to those guys to find out for sure if they are the exact same but from where I'm standing they look very similar.

Peace
Stay vaped :peace::leaf:

bdTZVOL.png

tNg7Gt9.png

the carb cap in there is exactly that, a carb cap for dabs not needed for dry herb.

Alexis

@Alexis - Sorry if I offended you with my BS comment on muscle testing. I would have done the same if you told me your psychic told you that the Supreme is the devil. :evil: I kinda lost you when I got to...
Thanks man, but I really shouldnt have reacted like that. My skin is super thin, everybody is entitiled to their beliefs I must learn not to take things so personally, which is easier when I am more well.

ll the best dude, and I actually NEED a Supreme3, so let's chat yeah? :peace:
You are in Canada right? So it wouldnt work out for either of us cost wise, so I would go direct to Ed if I was you. Offloading my Supreme is not at all the issue at hand, that should be easy when my fatigue allows me to get around to it. I was primarily sharing my unique experience. At least it has now sparked some healthy interest in the machanism by which the Supreme produces vapor. I do think this forum will now benefit from some more in depth info on this from Ed himself.
Thank you for the sentiments and my apologigies again for not allowing you your gut reactions without reproach. All the best to you too!

biohacker

I know Stu's isn't rattly and that's the one I've always compared mine to :lol: I don't see why it would be intentional, but I've heard it was common, still doesn't make me happy about it...

If it is the same rattle as mine it is from the cover on the top of the heat exchanger. It is made slighlty short for easy installation and a sure fit during the manufacturing process but this allows it to slide up and down. Nothing to worry about though.

I have never seen any sign of aluminum dust.. I can't imagine many ways how you guys can be creating it? Maybe I need to check mine out better :shrug: When you talk about dust how much are you talking, like it never stops making dust? I don't have any issues like that :shrug: Aside from being caused by the user, the only other thing I can think is maybe it's left over from manufacturing?? :shrug: I do want to figure it out though, since I really don't understand how it can be an issue like that.. I've always been pretty careful putting my bowl in, and after so many times putting it in it's super smooth, so maybe at first when it was a fresh cut bowl.. now the edges rounded off from being used, but I still can't recall any dust even though it's possible there was a speck here and there when it was all new :shrug:... I remember hearing someone talk about using it w/o grommets and just pushing the bowl all the way in until the rod from the screen hits the bottom plate on the heater, I can definitely see that making dust.. My screen rod doesn't touch that at all w/ 2 grommets, but I think when mine was brand new w/ one grommet, that rod did make contact w/ that plate too, barely.. That's the main cause I can figure, since I haven't seen anything like that.. I was always concerned the rattle could make dust like that, but still never saw any :shrug: It would be nice to understand more..

It's aluminum dust from metal on metal inserting and removing the tube. It builds up under the inside of the silicone. From normal use. And it's not just one or two people.

Last edited:

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
It's aluminum dust from metal on metal inserting and removing the tube. It builds up under the inside of the silicone. From normal use. And it's not just one or two people.
Regardless of how many or few people have that issue (I've only ever noticed 1 or 2 posts) I don't have that issue, despite looking for it during the time I've had my S3 I can't say I've ever noticed it.. If it's such a common issue I'm surprised I don't hear more about it.. Only thing I can think of is when the bowl and S3 is brand new, it may just be wearing in at first.. If I saw any metal dust regularly, I wouldn't be happy about it.. I guess I'm just glad I don't have that problem like however many of you do... Mine sees heavy use.

As far as the rattle being an intentional design aspect, I tend to think it isn't, or at least shouldn't be... To each their own though.

jrcmang

I've been experiencing the exact same thing @biohacker has described. I purchased the S3 about a month ago. I've used it probably a total of 15-20 times. Been really busy recently so I haven't had much vaping time but enough to get nicely acquainted with the S3. Never heated it above 185 C and it has never been dropped. I've been super careful with it just like all of my other vapes. It gets pulled out then put back in my "vape device" drawer and that is it. Never leaves the house.

I stumbled across the other aluminum safety thread last week and have been following since. Anyways, the aluminum in the supreme has never bothered me safety wise. I trust what Ed says in regards to off-gassing and general safety of the aluminum used in the S3. But after reading through some recent posts in regards to the aluminum dust, I decided to inspect mine. Sure enough there seems to be a buildup of what I would call aluminum dust around the inside of the silicone cover that extends over the tube. Exactly how @biohacker described. And I agree that it seems to be from the inserting of the bowl and the metal on metal contact. A buddy of mine was at the house tonight and I had him check it out....he agreed with my assessment as well. Wanted to get another opinion so I had my wife, who isn't a toker and knows pretty much zero in regards to my vaping devices, and she agreed as well. She said "yeah it looks like little specs of metal."

I'm really not too worried because I use it exclusively through a water via a Joda banger hanger. So if some of those particles are making their way out of the vape, they are ending up in the water or resin in the female joint on the bubbler. Hitting it dry is a different story now...I definitely have concerns about this and any of those particles making their way into my mouth or lungs. It's been a while since I've been back on FC but after reading about the aluminum issue then finding it on my vape, I wanted to join the conversation and report my experience. I'm considering emailing Ed but like I said...not too bothered by this since my S3 is reserved for bubbler use only. All hail the supreme though...I thought the Evo was a heavy hitter until I received my S3. Supreme is the king for my heavy potent hits now...not to mention the taste. My poor Evo is boxed up in a pelican case now. I really do love this vape but I do have concerns about the degradation of the aluminum due to wear and tear just from inserting and pulling out the bowl.

PPN

Volute of Vapor

This system allows the active principles to pass through the blood capillaries of mucous membranes rather than through the alveoli of the lungs, thus achieving a much faster and more effective absorption.

Here is a link that may explain things a bit better. It's the same principle as the Sublimator.

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/sublimator-molecular-gasification-of-cannabis/

Hope this helps!
I like that although is it scientifically probed?

It seems the only electrical powered part is the heater, so how this is possible only using passive components?

If I well understood the load is vaporized by heat and the vapor is coldened by a ceramic plate and after that is broke in very small part easier to pass in the blood, how work this last process? is it something reproducible with others vapes?

PPN,

biohacker

As far as the rattle being an intentional design aspect, I tend to think it isn't, or at least shouldn't be... To each their own though.

I think you may be on to something with the dust coming from new parts, however I used the shit out of my S3 in the time I had it, and it's something that never went away. My bowls were cut sharp and crude, so that could be it.

Regardless, with respect to that and respect to the rattly metal plate.... pretty sure they could both be put to rest if @Vitolo talked to Ed about it for us.

biohacker,
Reactions: Alexis

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I run a minimum of 5 stems a day.
Always dry through a j hook or the gb 187.
Just did a thorough cleaning of the sv3.
Nothing
I absolutely love this vape and feel sorry for those not wanting to try for what ever reason.
This vape is an absolute beast and flavor through the roof.
And absolute total control
My only complaint is always having to buy butane.

shaolinmilk

Just here to chime in, I have the same aluminum dust @biohacker mentioned under the inside of the silicone. I read this post and decided to check my SV3; can confirm when I wiped my fingers over it, my finger turned greyish and it reminded me of chalk painting or something similar.

I'm starting to wonder how unsafe this is. I only take my SV3 through water and have not had any issues with it till I read @biohacker posts.

BadDog No

Yeah I had noticed that on mine too, the tubes aren't chamfered at all (is that the word?). I rounded mine down a bit with some wet/dry paper, then dug out a little file when I realized the paper would take forever. Smoothed it with 400 grit though and the tubes slide in and out a little easier now. In truth it was probably no big deal, but glad I did it now. Haven't seen any more grey dust but then I'm waiting for Santa to deliver a new torch. :)

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Yeah I had noticed that on mine too, the tubes aren't chamfered at all (is that the word?)....
Yeah, I imagine a slight chamfer or radius on the edge of the tube the bowl goes in, would do a lot of good in regards to that dust reported.. It wouldn't hurt if the bowl and the tube it goes into were put through a tumbler or shaker too..

vapirtoo

Wow my tubes only rub against the silicone that also holds them in place.
I've stopped heating up with the load in as I have a very fine resin build up around the top of my tubes.
The wild thing is that this resin has no scrape marks from insertion ,and I think that my tubes are too narrow to cause scraping or dust.
But I really chimed in to say that after going back to my Daisy, Vapolution and Launch Box for a week and then going back to the Supreme ...DAMN that hit on the Supreme was awesome.

Top Bottom