Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

jrcmang

Savoring the supreme by way of new glass!

nu_glass.png

Love the glass bro....similar in size and function to a joda piece I use exclusively with the supreme.

In regards to the aluminum dust issue, I agree about some of the tubes needing to be chamfered. Mine all seem to be pretty crudely cut and the edges are sharp. My buddy has a dremel tool and tumbler and he agreed to let me use them to see what we can do to remedy the friction issue.

Has anyone contacted Ed about this? I know @Vitolo said he would. Wanted to see if he heard anything back. I emailed Ed about a week ago detailing what I've experienced. Never heard anything back. Hopefully he's not ignoring me or the issue. If I don't hear anything back in the next few days I'll send him another email.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Supremes. I'm unfortunately on a forced break at the moment and its looking like it won't be until close to the new year until I'm able to medicate again. Bummer.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Has anyone contacted Ed about this? I know @Vitolo said he would. Wanted to see if he heard anything back.
Ed just got back to me today.
He's been super occupied at home.
He said
I contacted the customer who was having this issue and
let him know that by grinding the very opening of the aluminum tube
(interior) that's welded to the heating element will resolve this problem
permanently (the cut that was made on the aluminum tube may have left a tiny
sharp edge).

biohacker

Thanks Uncle Vito! Just as some of us have suspected.... nice to know exactly the reason why now, and why some members experienced the issue and some haven't. Perhaps it was just a bad batch? Planning on buying another so hopefully it's cut properly this time. Thanks again for asking!

jrcmang

Thanks @Vitolo! Unfortunately this did not work for me. Even after multiple attempts at grinding down the inside edge as described, I'm still getting the aluminum dust/shavings. Bummer...

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Hey FC Fam!! Longtime no see I have been trying to give my VAS a break :)

Just wanted to say on the issue of aluminum dust I haven't seen any yet but will double check on my next use. I also use two O-rings like @Buildozer not sure if that is making a difference. Still love my supreme it's such a beast!

GTAVaper

The supreme using bio-molecular gasification like the Sublimator is very different from traditional vaping.

This system allows the active principles to pass through the blood capillaries of mucous membranes rather than through the alveoli of the lungs, thus achieving a much faster and more effective absorption.

Here is a link that may explain things a bit better. It's the same principle as the Sublimator.

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/sublimator-molecular-gasification-of-cannabis/

Hope this helps!

Haven't been on FC for a while and was wandering through this thread and saw this. This is pseudo-science nonsense that can't be taken seriously by anyone with a real science background.

The fact that the Sublimator doesn't actually "sublimate" has been discussed in the past and this article is full of more of the same BS and misinformation that has been spread since the arrival of the Sublimator......by the inventor of the Sublimator - but not by anyone with any real scientific background.

Alexis

@Alexis - Sorry if I offended you with my BS comment on muscle testing. I would have done the same if you told me your psychic told you that the Supreme is the devil. :evil: I kinda lost you when I got to...
I just had to come back to this for a brief moment, after i remembered something funny, or scary. When I paid for my Supreme, the $197 was converted into £166.63!

So, my Supreme really could be the devil after all! Maybe that explains my reaction.:lol:

Last edited:

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I call my sv3 Lucille from TWD. But for the holidays changed to Lucifer.
But lately I've been thinking about calling her The Destroyer.

All kinda close to the devil
So maybe s3 is kinda evil in a good way.

vapirtoo

Hey Dub
Really there are no comparisons.
I use mine only on the weekends or vacation time.
I've tried to turn up the heat on my Vapolution 2 ....nope.
Come near to combustion with my Daisy
Nope
It is Supreme.

vapirtoo,
Reactions: Alexis

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
@GTAVaper you are 100% right. I just scrolled down that link and there is no explanation at all.
It is a bunch of commercial claims (using big words like "alveoli" or "bio molecular gasification"?) in order to sell sublimators, the whole commercial speach hosted by a reseller.. so no truth is to be expected there IMO

lazylathe

Almost there...
I mentioned this a while ago and thought it prudent to mention it again:

The grey dust type stuff we find at the inner portion of the silicone is most likely an oxide layer we run off by inserting and removing the herb tube.
I am fairly certain the grade of aluminum used for the herb is NOT the same as the heat exchanger. Lower grades oxidize easier in air and it is most likely this surface we are rubbing off on the rougher silicone.

When I used my glass stem from the Vapolution, there was zero residue left on the outside of the glass tube.

I switch between using the S3 as recommended as well as using the glass stem and a full convective mode using an adapter from my Vapocane.

EDIT:
For a test I will highly polish the outside of the herb tube to see if sealing the surface helps with reducing this build up!

Last edited:

biohacker

You da man @lazylathe! Interesting, I wonder if this should be communicated to Ed? I know exactly what you're talking about though, I get that exact same stuff in the threads of my Grasshopper when I wipe with an ISO pad..... I also get it when I wipe the threads of my aluminum grinders.

It just confuses me how some do not get it on their supremes then? Unless variables like speed of insertion (giggity!) and removal play an important role?

lazylathe

Almost there...
You da man @lazylathe! Interesting, I wonder if this should be communicated to Ed? I know exactly what you're talking about though, I get that exact same stuff in the threads of my Grasshopper when I wipe with an ISO pad..... I also get it when I wipe the threads of my aluminum grinders.

It just confuses me how some do not get it on their supremes then? Unless variables like speed of insertion (giggity!) and removal play an important role?

Okay, so i polished the herb tube and sat and inserted and twisted it around making sure to not touch the aluminum tube that is inside the silicone.
Then i did a bit of reading up on aluminum and discovered that unless we can find a high temp, safe coating, we will always run into the black ring at the end of the silicone.
This is due to the fact that aluminum oxidizes in air and it is this oxide layer that actually protects the aluminum from the environment it is in.

So polishing it will make no difference since the surface will oxidize and we will start to rub off the oxide layer each time we insert the tube. Even when the oxide layer is rubbed off it will form again to cover the exposed aluminum.

My suggestion is to either switch to a glass tube like the Vapolution straw or to source some thin walled Stainless Steel tubing. Any of these changes will prevent that dark ring but will also casue you to use the S3 slightly differently due to the different heat properties of the new materials.

The only way to remove this process is by Anodizing the tube.

So in conclusion, the oxide layer we see being deposited on the silicone is SAFE.

Aluminum has a Health rating of 1 which means:

- Exposure would cause irritation with only minor residual injury and usually NO treatment is given.
- Irritation or minor reversible injury possible.

The Permissible Exposure limit is:
- 15mg/m3 Total dust
- 5mg/m3 respirable fraction

So from this we can see we will need an enormous amount of this dust to create any kind of concern!

And now back to our regular program...

lazylathe

Almost there...
Thanks so much @lazylathe for the info. I am hoping my Christmas bonus Thursday will be hefty enough to warrant me splurging a little on this! I always forget the Supreme but seems like once you try, you'll never forget it! Or be so high, you'll forget the other vapes :)

That was my experience...
It arrived and after the first hit, trumped (lmao!) all my other vapes for more than 6 months...
After a year of experimenting with it, i have only come up with 3 ways to use it:
Stock with the metal tube - awesome experience everytime!
With a glass straw - slightly more flavor but needs a higher temp
Pure convection - with the load outside of the S3 in an adapter, maybe the best flavor for me.

I am sure it will fit in nicely for you!

Top Bottom