Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

SkollIstKrieg

Wow! what an amazing deal! I've had my v1 for almost 2 years now and its definitely looking used, but still hits the same as day one!

Im definitely getting one of the v2's on this sale :)

SkollIstKrieg,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I also contacted Ed with questions ,but not yet got a response ... ?
Anyone else got responded by mail in the last day ?
I write at purevapor@yahoo.com
Is that the right e-mail ?

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You can say that again. I had already decided against vapes that use (hot) aluminum in the air-path some time ago, but even I have to fight the urge to jump all over this :rofl:

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Well i just got some prize money from a contest and they were promised to a nice lighter based vape..
I am also against breating metal fumes as you.. but i must say we both did/do with the vapobowl :).. and the metal body of the UD (of course it is not heated to insane temps as with butane torches,)
I was between the Vapman and The Lotus at first but saw Vitolo's post and decided to add the Supreme to the imaginary match up and the research.. on the materials involved..
So compared pricewise.. they are all almost the same price. Shipping to EU
SV - 80 $ +17$/32 $
LV(WP) 89 $(on the official site) compared to 79euro/104$ on vedampftnochmall + 15 euro
LV(Fullpack) 135$(on the official site) compared to 119euro/156 $ on vedampftnochmall + free shipment for orders over 100 euro..
Vapman basic 97 $/90 CHF (from the official site + 11 chf wooden mouthpiece incl..) + free shipment in EU
+mouthpiece(cuz there is no way i am gonna inhale trough the plastic mouthpiece).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Materials that are raising doubt in my vaked ass:
SV - Aluminium.. Many types of aluminium .. but.. My windows are aluminium, it is used in cooking pans..aircraft.. and some other vaporizers as
Alive 8,Lithe,DBV,VG,Pipes,Bongs and other more or less exposed to heat stress alu stuff.. :).
Lotus - Nickel .. It is used many places and in many vapes.. expecialy Ni-chrome heaters (old mflb, de verdampfer.. etc.. ) but nowhere else it is blasted with 1300 C torch..+ the body pipe is made of aluminium so double the trouble :) if we are going to worry about metals..
Vapman.. Brass .. Thats been discussed already.. many vapes use it.. Old lithes,some old logvapes.. and many more.. also used for pipes and pipe screens.
I am more conerned about the Mica.. first thought there is mica only in the heat protected model but it is in the basic too.. it surrounds the heating element where air passes trough.
Mica is used in Vapolution 1.0 and 2.0 but it is not in the airpath .
-----------------------------------------
Heatstress and overall durability , Power consumption and other notes
All the three vapes get discoloration where you heat them with the torch.. The vapman basic is most likely to suffer woodcharring IMO based on what i've seen.
Woodcharing is reported in some of the users of supreme and lotus (less cases AFAIR).. but in all 3 cases it can be avoided ..
i
Lotus and Vapman seem to be similar in gas usage.. both do fine with small lighters but don't have much heat retention.. Temp varies quickly .. so constant reheating is needed .. but load in both is small so you it does not takes much time to finish.
Supreme needs a lot of power .. big torch for 2 mins to get where you wanna be.. but you can alternate on stoves or smth.. and save on butane . It retains heat well and can finish nice amount of herb without much reheating ) .
I am too vaked to continue my thought .
But in semi-conclusion :goat: i can say..
All three are adaptable to WP and bubbler but i read SV is the champ.. :) .
Vapman and Lotus beat the SV in direct draw and camping for sure.. but i would never bring an expensive vape to camping.. I am fine with my 7 $ vapobowl and my 3 $ bamboo steam roller :). and my gnome classic for extra pure experience when i am in break proof environment :p.
The price of three is similar (especially in my case .. The shipping varies depending on your location..
So i would rather be bother by high quality aluminium of the Supreme than .. Nickel + Aluminium or Mica + Brass + gold flakes if you are not careful .
Temp controls is also nice (although i know it might fuck up at some point) .

So the best deal Abysmalwise . is the Supreme .
Although vaked wisdom got its weaknesses and type-o's ,,,

Abysmal Vapor,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Thanks for writing that!

I figure I won't be doing myself much harm if I don't go crazy. Like, only try this thing once or twice w/a torch...

And, if it can be heated via hotplate or something to JUST the right heat, slowly.... is better than if it's blasted WAY above temperature needed, for a short time.

But I am sure that's been covered in this thread already and I need to finish reading it!

sessnet,

SD_haze

Thanks for writing that!

I figure I won't be doing myself much harm if I don't go crazy. Like, only try this thing once or twice w/a torch...

And, if it can be heated via hotplate or something to JUST the right heat, slowly.... is better than if it's blasted WAY above temperature needed, for a short time.

But I am sure that's been covered in this thread already and I need to finish reading it!

To get it to JUST the right heat, you can use a big torch if you want to, you just turn the flame down as you're getting closer to where you want it. A little practice and its pretty easy to keep it at consistently low temperatures.

You just have to remember the temperature read-out is not the temperature of the block, but of the bowl. This is where the aluminum problem is, because if it was just heated to the temperature of the bowl it would be fine, but you need to heat the block much much hotter so it transfers its heat to the bowl itself.

But really, as long as the supreme isn't your daily driver, and you're not consistently overheating it every time, its use should be plenty safe.

(I was using it every day with a 3600F propane torch, thats where you might have a problem :doh:)

SD_haze,

Abysmal Vapor

Well site claims are different .. Safety 1st: We use high temperature aluminum (4,426 F boiling point) that is 100% safe. There is no metallic taste and it will never come close to releasing any kind of particles whatsoever. On the left is our heating element without its thick high temperature shell.]
As i said there are different grades of aluminium..
Can anyone tell what is the source of that info ? It if it true i don't see a problem torching it even to 4300 F.. I am also interested how that aluminiums durability changes in age.. Does oxidizes or smth ? Corrosion ?

Abysmal Vapor,

SD_haze

Aluminum melts at 1200F or 660C, and you blast it with a torch that does 3 times that? :o

You're supposed to use a butane torch which is ~2400F...double the melting point, so that point is kinda moot

edit: dont remember reading that specifically high of a # on the website, good find AV

SD_haze,

Abysmal Vapor

We should ask Ed where he got his info from and if there is some certificate to the material used.. ?
Also have in mind that the heating element is patented for vaporizer nor soldering gun or hot air gun.. So i guess that took in account that i would be used for inhalation..
I don't know how old is the patent and how recent is the data on aluminium dangers.. although.. again we better check with the maker..

1200 is melting point not boiling.. Metals give up fumes when they boil not then they melt as far as i remembered :p.. We are safe guys till i found something really bad :)..
http://askville.amazon.com/dangerou...ettle-stove/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=9276148

Abysmal Vapor,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
You're supposed to use a butane torch which is ~2400F...double the melting point, so that point is kinda moot

edit: dont remember reading that specifically high of a # on the website, good find AV

Ok, sorry to ask...didn't meant to be rude or ignorant.

I had a fire last night, my girlfriend tried to toast a taco shell in the toaster oven. She woke me up screaming at 1 AM, that she needed help. I had to put it out the fire with an oven mit. After that, my heart was racing super fast. Just bought a fire extinguisher...

That is the second toaster oven my girlfriend set on fire....I am becoming more of a pyrophobiac :o

Not sure if fire is the best thing for me...

EDIT: Another ignorant question - if the melting point is less than the boiling temp, why would you worry about off gassing? If it starts melting - you can't use it, or it won't work (since it's melted), right?

sessnet,

SD_haze

Ok, sorry to ask...didn't meant to be rude or ignorant.

I had a fire last night, my girlfriend tried to toast a taco shell in the toaster oven. She woke me up screaming at 1 AM, that she needed help. I had to put it out the fire with an oven mit. After that, my heart was racing super fast. Just bought a fire extinguisher...

That is the second toaster oven my girlfriend set on fire....I am becoming more of a pyrophobiac :o

Not sure if fire is the best thing for me...

EDIT: Another ignorant question - if the melting point is less than the boiling temp, why would you worry about off gassing? If it starts melting - you can't use it, or it won't work (since it's melted), right?

No worries hehe

I had a similar experience recently,
I got electrocuted a few months ago and ever since have been a bit phobic about pluggings things in & out (happened just routinely pulling a plug out of a wall socket, totally random)

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah. $7.40 extra for me. Still under a c-note in total, so well worth it imo.
:peace:

Stu,
It's worth it up and down, I just hate paying taxing.

Anyone who ever thought about owning a Supreme, now is the time. Ordinarily you'd never even get a reasonable used Supreme for under a hundred.

charliedontsurf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
True dat. I paid about $150 (incl. replacement parts costs) for my used SV1 and had to fix it myself. I have a feeling this liquidation won't last too long.

Stu,

Abysmal Vapor

I am going to be in the supreme club soon.. :p !! I just paid the invoice..
I asked Ed to give me some info on Aluminium used/Testing/How to store SV
This is his response :
It will not gas at all. It is a very thick, very high purity aluminum and will only vaporize over temperatures of 4,400 degrees F. If you manage to get it up to 600F (this is very hard to do because the heating element takes a lot of heat) you will completely damage the vaporizer permanently. To get it to 600F, you will have to intentionally want to abuse and destroy the vaporizer. It is a very durable metal that lasts as long as titanium. It will never have rust or oxidization issues. You will never consume any aluminum whatsoever. We have done many extensive, extremely high temperature tests on the heating element to make sure our product is 100% safe.

Store the vaporizer in a non-humid environment to protect the electronics of the digital thermometer.

-Ed G.

Abysmal Vapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
I kinda have to jump on this don`t i? damnit! :D

I was so close to buying a 2.0 last summer! but i didn`t do it for some reason... now i can`t resist!

weedemon,
Reactions: sessnet

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Yeah the Supreme is definitely a nice little museum type piece, not unlike the MFLB. They both have sort of a steam-punkish look to them (minus the brass).

I wonder what our ancestors will think 100 years from now, of our wacky devices... :)

sessnet,

VaporEyeSore

I am going to be in the supreme club soon.. :p !! I just paid the invoice..
I asked Ed to give me some info on Aluminium used/Testing/How to store SV
This is his response :
It will not gas at all. It is a very thick, very high purity aluminum and will only vaporize over temperatures of 4,400 degrees F. If you manage to get it up to 600F (this is very hard to do because the heating element takes a lot of heat) you will completely damage the vaporizer permanently. To get it to 600F, you will have to intentionally want to abuse and destroy the vaporizer. It is a very durable metal that lasts as long as titanium. It will never have rust or oxidization issues. You will never consume any aluminum whatsoever. We have done many extensive, extremely high temperature tests on the heating element to make sure our product is 100% safe.

Store the vaporizer in a non-humid environment to protect the electronics of the digital thermometer.

-Ed G.

Thats good o hear but i did some testing myself. I heated one side of the Supreme as of normal all the way to 350F then tested it with a good laser thermometer and it came out at just below 100C so no chance of oxidisation there.

VaporEyeSore,

scottio19

scotty
ordered a Supreme, damn discount forced me to buy it! :lol: I'll have to hold off on the Gnome for now. After emailing and paying the paypal invoice, should I email Ed again just to make sure he knows I payed it?

scottio19,

Abysmal Vapor

Well i e-mailed him .. after paying yesterday.. still got no response .Did you get responded today ?
Maybe my e-mail got lost :) !

Abysmal Vapor,

scottio19

scotty
never emailed him to follow up so I just did now. my smoking buddies really like my vapo-bowl, can't wait til they try my supreme! I hope it is the ultimate lighter-based portable for newbies, I can just tell them to get it to a temp then draw, instead of hovering over them making sure they don't combust in the vapo-bowl

scottio19,
Top Bottom