Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

scottio19

scotty
Ed gave me the go-ahead, so here's the email:

"Hello Scott,

Sorry for the late reply, things have been extremely busy here. The new model should come out in 3-6 months if there are no delays or problems. The new model will be a completely cordless electric vaporizer with the same exact heating element as the original Supreme Vaporizer. It needs to plug into the wall power supply to heat up. When it's ready (in about 6 minutes) you can pull it out and use it to take 4-6 hits (after that, reheating takes about 30 seconds, if needed). It's set to one temperature only, 315F (designed for huge and clean water pipe hits). It's completely insulated from the heating element and an extension cord can be used if needed. It uses very little power.

I would love to communicate with everyone on fuck combustion, but most of my time goes to making sure the product comes out safe, hits harder than any other vaporizer, and comes out without further delays (and I spend a ton of time on the current model and talking to customers, etc.).

Thank you,

Ed G,"

scottio19,
Sounds a very interesting, new direction for the Supreme to go in. The set temp is a possible step backward in some minds.

charliedontsurf,

scottio19

scotty
yes I agree with you there. I guess we're giving up control in return for simplicity and consistency.

I wonder if instead of 315 degrees Fahrenheit he meant 415...

scottio19,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I love the idea of an electric model, but I'd sure like to be able to choose my temps with a big hitter. I don't know why, but for those huge rips I want (need?) greater control than with a PD or other fixed temp vape.

Or I may be completely insane..... or stoned......... or both? :shrug:

Stu,

SD_haze

Since it only lasts 4-6 hits, that means its cooling down over time or every time you hit it.

So not only can you not adjust the temperature but its always getting *colder* whenever you're using it (unless you had it plugged in while hitting i suppose)

What's confusing is, there's nothing specifically about using electricity instead of fire that wouldn't allow for an adjustable temperature...doesn't seem like any valid reason why it wouldn't be variable.

Its really too bad he doesn't have any presence on the forum.

SD_haze,
This new unit will be awesome because Aluminum is a cancer causing agent which im sure it is reaching with the torch. Ed, has probably avoided the forum to avoid having to chime in on this controversial information. Not to mention combustion and charring would be removed with switching to a consistent heat source. Whatever I'll give money to get a v2 and a v3 considering he is the THE guy who holds the patent on a aluminum mass heating element for vaporization; I.E. the S&B of America :o It would be great to see him switch to Ti, keep the torch remove the temp gauge to outside vapor path yet run consistent allgorethems to have accurate temp read out.

biojuggernaut,
Thanks for making me paranoid bio. I dont think ill be using my supreme for a while now that i know its releasing cancer chemicals.

VaporBoxed,
The issue has been addressed with the Supreme and the Volcano. The story is that the temperatures we are using are too low to be hazardous.

Consider not making accusations against artisan manufacturers like that, Bio. Ed is a nice and bright guy and wouldn't knowingly put out a dangerous vape on the market.

Edit: wow that kind of sounds rude, sorry Bio. Also, Lithe vape uses aluminum.

charliedontsurf,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I know titanium is more expensive, but HOW much more expensive than aluminum. I'd love to know how much more one would cost using TI only.

darkrom,

SD_haze

VaporBoxed said:
Good to know CDS. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah the supreme isn't the only vape that heats up aluminum, the volcano's heating element is aluminum.

I can't say one way or another, but I'll be glad when the cloud comes ;)

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

THE aluminum could have to do with why i started to feel even more ill then i was when i was using the supreme all the time. I stopped using it cold turkey and started to feel a lot less foggy.

I did use it a lot, a few times even going quite a bit hotter then i should have(not intentionally) so im sure that was a contributing factor. I cant say any more about it though, i dont really know what in talking about, i just know how i feel.

Titanium might be a good step in the right direction.

Nycdeisel,
+1 it has always been me and my friend's favorite vape because it makes us see dots with the right amount of hash oil. :lol: :lol: :lol:

def not kosher, but ah what the hell. fuck combustion. :p "Do not take over 330oF"

biojuggernaut,
Well, the Silicone plugs on my Supreme have gotten a little too relaxed and don't make an airtight seal using the standard stainless steel tube...

So I started looking around in the arsenal for an alternative tube which is a little wider, and found that the Glass-on-glass Gnome mouthpiece is a perfect fit, just a tiny bit wider than the steel tube so it will make an airtight seal, and the GonG connection means you can plug the Supreme easily into any 14mm piece.

For 45 bucks shipped in the states, and given you can use it as the actual Gnome vaporizer which I find to be excellent as well, it might be a great investment for those who want a glass airpath and/or true GonG connection for their Supreme.

I'll try and post some pics later.

charliedontsurf,

SD_haze

I tried doing the same thing with a male/male adapter and it worked until the stress of twisting it against the steel tube ended up chipping it.

Is it just sliding on or do you have to twist it to make it a airtight seal?

SD_haze,
The Silicone just slides gently over the non-Gong end of the Gnome mouthpiece, and then that fits very snugly into the body of the Supreme. I'm only using one of the two silicone sections because it's so snug.

img2567a.jpg

The part on the right has replaced the steel tube. Note that this isn't the normal GonG Gnome on the left but an oil setup made by the same (cool, nice, talented) glassblower - this is just the best photo.

charliedontsurf,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
I also wish ed would come on here and re assure me that the heating element is safe I love this vape and would hate to put it to rest

Goodlife101,

mephisto

I believe the heat issue was addressed well back in this thread. The temps used are
well below any detrimental impact from the heated aluminum. I'm not Ed, but I do believe
this was covered.

mephisto,
The Supreme Gnome with pictures - for a true glass on glass seal, or just to remedy aging silicone which needs a thicker tube.

St5rx.jpg
ExSEa.jpg

charliedontsurf,
I'm glad you guys like it!

I think Gnome sells a WPA type piece for the gnome which is shorter so it'd be more compact than what I have pictured. Honestly I recommend just buying the GONG Gnome as it's a great vaporizer in it's own respect, and in many ways I prefer it to the Supreme - the price is very fair IMO so why not if you can upgrade one vape and have an all-new one too.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom