Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
^ i wondered why that one was so inexpensive. it looks like you'll need to get some pliers or something to yank that piece out of there. try not to wreck the orange ring. once you get the tube out, there should be a screen with a hook on it, take that out as well. then you may have to empty its contents (a little leftover abv perhaps?). i would clean it with a few drops of iso and a small brush. you should be good to go after that.

edit: uh, after rereading your post, Stu, i agree with Nycdeisel, you may need new orange 'seals'.

notmyrealUSERname,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
NYC, do you think the wood hole has been widened, or that the rubber parts have been worn down? If it's worn down rubber, can this part be purchased from someplace? I assuming that the parts should fit together quite snugly, correct? Sorry for the noob questions, but I guess in this case I guess I really am a noobie.

Just to be clear, the orange "seals" just slide right in and out quite easily. They are not stuck inside, I just took the picture showing how it all just falls into the hole.

I was really looking forward to trying this puppy out tonight. :(

Stu,

Nycdeisel

The parts can wear down easily with a lot of use, from my experience. It looks like you have the first supreme, you can buy new bits for it from Ed(maker of the SV)

Nycdeisel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thanks, NYC. Can you also tell me what it means if my unit doesn't give any temperature readings, but just says "HI" (cold or torched)?

Stu,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Sounds like you might need a new temperature display as well Stu... Shoot Ed an email and I'm sure he will be able to fix you up a package of the parts you need, they shouldn't cost that much either I don't think.

Once you get the supreme firing the way it should it is an animal of a big hitter! That one looks in reasonable condition and should work fine once you have what is required to get it fully operational again.

psyshaman,

SD_haze

Stu said:
Thanks, NYC. Can you also tell me what it means if my unit doesn't give any temperature readings, but just says "HI" (cold or torched)?

I don't know if its for the same reason, but when my supreme was stuck on Hi this fixed it:
(Although, I think this was a fix if it says HI when its brand new, not old, so maybe its not worth trying)

"Sometimes the moisture content of the wood tries to escape quickly to be in equilibrium with the new surroundings and gets trapped behind the thermometer. When moisture messes with the digital thermometer, it will confuse the thermometer and not allow it to turn off.

To fix this, unscrew the two screws (on the thermometer) and very carefully pull the wires (together) out of the wood body (behind the thermometer). Be careful because these wires are very fragile. Then take the battery out of the thermometer for 30 seconds and put it back in (this will reset the thermometer). If this doesn't fix the thermometer, it may be a problem with the thermometer.

If this fixes the thermometer, put he wires back into the wood body and make sure they go back in all the way. To make sure it has reached the end, when you think you reached the end, pull it back out slightly and push it back in farther repeatedly until you can confirm the end has been reached.

Don't put the screws back in and leave the thermometer slightly open so moisture can escape from behind the thermometer. If the thermometer is held loose with the wood, you can use some thick paper like a business card to push in between the bottom side of the thermometer and the wood. Use the vaporizer a few times like this and the moisture will be able to permanently escape. This should be done in non humid conditions like near an open window. The temperature should stay over 300 for at least 5 minutes each time.

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thanks for that info, SD Haze.

I've emailed Ed, so I will wait to see what he says.

:peace:

Stu,

darkrom

Great Scott!
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=174460#p174460

Sorry to start with a link, but the above thread explains in great detail why I am viewing the supreme as a possible next purchase for me.

Some things I am not sure about though...

I see most of you use this with water only. Is it really rough to use dry? That would be the only way I'd be using it at all.

I see it comes with some kind of sheath for the metal part that gets heated. Can this be put on immediately while it is up to temp (don't know what materials etc). I'm thinking more like if I need to stop vaping mid session...what can I do lol.

Please forgive my lack of real searching. I am at work but I need to figure out my anxiety ASAP. This is the only portable that I know of that I like the design of AND can see the exact temp so I can trouble shoot my anxiety issues which ruin my quality of life greatly.

Thanks!

darkrom,

havock69

I put the cap on when hot all the time. Also I actually use it dry almost as much as I do with water. I took this thing and 2ft of tubing to all good this year and thats all we used. That being said it does get pretty dry on the throat with direct draw(not dryer than the launch box). I love using it with some tubing though, it cools it more than enough imo. :2c:

havock69,

darkrom

Great Scott!
havock69 said:
I put the cap on when hot all the time. Also I actually use it dry almost as much as I do with water. I took this thing and 2ft of tubing to all good this year and thats all we used. That being said it does get pretty dry on the throat with direct draw(not dryer than the launch box). I love using it with some tubing though, it cools it more than enough imo. :2c:

Thank you very much. The fact that I can throw the cap on when it is hot is a HUGE plus. Also from the reviews people made it sound like hitting this dry was like sucking on a lit match haha. I appreciate it very very much. If I can confirm that hotter temperature vaporization relieves my anxiety as much as combustion (which I've resorted to lately to avoid worsening my anxiety) then it will be a no brainer to pick this thing up. Accurate temperature control is something I've never really had (more than DBV accuracy which I ended up parting with anyway) and of course my log vape. Maybe my log will be used at just 13v from now on. I really really hope this works. I'm ok with smoking while I deal with this, but long term vaping is obviously the ideal route!

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Would you guys say that the 330 degrees max temp is going to be good for me if I am looking for a high temp portable? Lately I've been getting horrible anxiety (I have general anxiety normally) from vaping with my MFLB, but smoking seems to completely eliminate it. The only conclusion I can make is that the temps are too low with MFLB. Nothing else makes sense to me.

I really love this vape for my needs, I am just not sure if 330 is hot enough for anxiety reduction. I have no concept of vaping by temp since this would be the first (worthwhile) vape I'd own with a digital temp readout.

darkrom,

SD_haze

The supreme is definitely one of the best choices if you want thick high-temp vapor.
330 is more than hot enough, I think that equates to the herb being heated to 410F (+80)

But whats great is you can easily keep it low enough to get almost invisible ultra-flavorful rips too.

I've modified the supreme so I have zero tubing past the metal tube (so the shortest possible air path) and I can hit it dry, at fairly high temperatures, even at the end of a bowl, and it is surprisngly smooth. Just got to take a slow gradual dry hit.

The supreme is certainly the king of blurring the lines between vapor and smoke (if you want it to)

Do realize the digital display is just the temperature of the bowl, not the actual temperature of the heating element, so its not the MOST accurate readout, but it works extremely well once you get the hang of it.

SD_haze,

darkrom

Great Scott!
SD_haze said:
The supreme is definitely one of the best choices if you want thick high-temp vapor.
330 is more than hot enough, I think that equates to the herb being heated to 410F (+80)

But whats great is you can easily keep it low enough to get almost invisible ultra-flavorful rips too.

I've modified the supreme so I have zero tubing past the metal tube (so the shortest possible air path) and I can hit it dry, at fairly high temperatures, even at the end of a bowl, and it is surprisngly smooth. Just got to take a slow gradual dry hit.

The supreme is certainly the king of blurring the lines between vapor and smoke (if you want it to)

Do realize the digital display is just the temperature of the bowl, not the actual temperature of the heating element, so its not the MOST accurate readout, but it works extremely well once you get the hang of it.

Sounds amazing. Once I can try vaping on my underdog nice and hot, if that is anxiety free, I will be joining the supreme club! Amazing info you guys, I really appreciate it.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm having a hard time finding the revisions made between V1 and V2 of this vape. Anyone know off hand?

darkrom,

havock69

It's shorter. It comes with the cap and the mouthpiece doubles as a screen, making it easier to pack on the go.

havock69,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Can this thing still be bought new? I've looked on ebay several times like it says on the website but with no luck.

You could have a look at the Vapocane to perhaps Darkrom. It's doesn't have a temp read out, but it's a lot cheaper and you can basically use it the same way. According to CDS it tastes even better than a SV.

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm pretty sold on the fairly accurate temp display at this point.

Can I use a torch lighter with it, or does it have to be a full fledged torch?

darkrom,

SD_haze

darkrom said:
I'm pretty sold on the fairly accurate temp display at this point.

Can I use a torch lighter with it, or does it have to be a full fledged torch?

any blue flame works but one of those very small torches can take 2+ mins to heatup while a big propane torch or two decent butane torches at once can heat up in almost 30 seconds.

SD_haze,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
These are also really good:

click me

click me too

I prefer the PT-220 because you can completely operate it with one hand and it has a flame-height valve that you don't need to open & close every time you turn it on or off. They come in black, yellow and blue as well.

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Damn. I still like it, but the portable lighter would have been easier in some situations.

How many hits on average do you guys get before reheating it?

darkrom,
Top Bottom