Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

Nycdeisel

I use this one and i know from experience how reliable it is. it was used a long time for smoking(heating glow rods) and that one died bit it stayed strong for 2 years. i got another one of the same and its working great! feels nice and solid and having had this one before just adds to the peace of mind. I do ot have a backup torch :lol: :| I trust this torch to keep going... and going.. like the energizer bunny

DSC037432.jpg

Nycdeisel,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Hmmm, torches....

I just ordered a Iroda PT-220: YouTube

Just made a slightly more informative post about it in the GVG thread, for anyone who's interested: click me

OhTheAgony,

Raf007

Retailer
I am also happily using an Honest torch for a year and a half. It's not my everyday driver though (the LSV is). On a side note I seemed to notice that it uses less butane when's it's zero impurity butane.

Raf007,
Just drove to jersey and picked it up today :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its pretty sweet. I only hit it once at 315 through my bong since I don't have my torch yet. I used my stove is that cool? I coughed got super baked. Couple of quick questions. How important is that second screen because I already fucked that up. How kosher is it to use my electric stove. What techniques to you guys uses for reloading and repacking and making sure shit never gets into that aluminum block. I think I might just throw the cap on after taking a hit then dump the contents while its still hot. Also whats max temp to NEVER go over 330?

biojuggernaut,

SD_haze

Second screen?
Most of us only use one.
You can sandwich the bud between two screens above the heating tube but thats not how its intended to be used by the maker

Definitely some people use the supreme with an electric stove, just be careful and watch it well

Are you not filling up the silver heating tube?
Bud is supposed to go down there, doesnt get all up in the block.

Its pretty simple to load, you can just tap ground herb into the large chamber and then tap the sides while holding it at the right angle and all the herb will fall down the heating tube.

I often dump contents while its hot, crumble it a bit with my fingers and pour it back after a few.

And temperature wise, the first carcinogen (benezene) starts leeching out @ around 325, so there's that reason not to go higher than that. Also, if you consistently go past 330, the metal block can become slightly loose and can rattle, and the maker said if you take it too hot wayyy too many times it can become unusable.

If you havent looked at this pic it shows how it all works
supremediagram.png

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

Thats with the old screen design, thats the first one. the #2s have a different screen design which i am quite accustomed to now.

Never go past 330 not only are certain bad chemicals released around that temp BUT the display stops working if you go much past 330. it will stop and say "Hi" , seriously.

I dont like the idea of heating it on a stove, the wood part os too close to the block which makes it very vulnerable. I have even burned the side of the wood closest to the block a bit just using the torch!

if you, bio, are talking about the second screen inside the piece of silicone tubing, which would come with the second version, then I never used that because i only use it with the water pipes. never used it dry but with some extra tubing I would(i was finally able to place the order for extra parts for mine)

Nycdeisel,

SD_haze

I actually use the old screen design with the #2, I find the screen stays clean infinitely longer and replacing the screen with the O ring & cutting it got really annoying (especially using steel screens and not the brass included)

I dont use a special screen with a handle or anything, just a slightly domed screen that is a little bigger than the diameter of the big opening, comes out easy if domed right.

I see know by second screen you mean the one in the mouthpiece tubing.
Dont worry its definitely not needed.
Even hitting it dry its not a big difference and its wayyy too much of an inconvenience to worry about imo
(then again i cant remember the last time I hit the supreme dry :p)

SD_haze,
i took a hit last night before I passed out that rivaled anything i've ever taken. 330 will never be my first hit again. :lol:

THe taste ain't too bad surprisingly, and the heat time is decent. Airflow is well. . . excellent. I just hope I NEVER have to change my battery. THat reminds me I had a crazy dream that I can't remember of me over heating it lol. I always dream about weed. .
:uhoh:

Regardless, what are the temps you normally do. Let's say I want to empty my AVB? Should I suck all the vapor outta of it or is that just cooking my herb more by fiending over those whispy hits. I just don't want to take out the blow and a big cloud of vapor rolls out of it.

biojuggernaut,

Nycdeisel

usually a bit of wispy vapors come out when i remove the screen/tube.

I start around 260 or so, and end between 300 and 320. I stop when I get a certain distinct ABV taste, at that point is nice and evenly browned with no green bits left.

I actually burned it a couple of times, and surprisingly its been the easiest to recover after a burn.
The taste was pretty much not altered when i loaded a fresh bowl(and i have very sensitive taste). btw the reason i burned it was because i was paying attention to something else still knowing the torch was going but i was not watching the display and i went well above 330! lol it sucks, smoke is coming out all over the place. AND even though the unit itself can not be cleaned whatsoever it still does not have a taste of its own. only the stem part with the screen does.

I also hope i never need to change the battery. Im pretty good on it though. I turn it off as soon as im done using it and rarely use the led backlight.

Nycdeisel,

SD_haze

Changing the batteries is actually pretty simple, just need a screwdriver

I've burnt my supreme a lot but never gotten to "hi" (400)
If I hit it with nothing in it I don't get a burnt taste, just the taste of thc resin (delicious)

luv the creedence NYC :D

SD_haze,
regardless, if ed made this bowl a little smaller and titanium for around 250-300 bucks wooo. Offtopic but isn't his new works an all glass on glass? Regardless, it really like the supreme it makes me think I am heating up a Ti pad. Fuck the east coast!

biojuggernaut,

Nycdeisel

word i dream for medical but alas i am surviving
i heard hes making an electric model.... anyway i love heating it up it does remind me of heating a glow rod and such

Nycdeisel,
so what glass do I need for the glass substitute? Has any body every jury-rigged a smaller bowl? Is there any way to fill the chamber with my herb after/during it is heating. I feel like it is burning up in there

biojuggernaut,

SD_haze

You can heat it up, throw some herb in the tube (you dont NEED to fill it up all the way), hit it, and empty it out right after if you're very concerned about passive conduction vaporization between hits.

If you search back some pages back (not too far) Charliedontsurf explains about his bowl method which does work better with smaller amounts.
Also with that way, there is no passive conduction heating. The herb rests in the wooden part above the metal heating tube.

I tried it, definitely more flavorful hits, but was a bit more work & didnt get the OOMPH that made me want the supreme in the first place

SD_haze,

SD_haze

it shouldnt just because theres nothing in it.

unless it was overheated, what probably happened was "friendly fire" with the torch.
unless you're aiming away from the wood at corners, a big flame can accidentally char the outside causing smoke

my supreme is very charred and it doesnt affect functionality at all

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

yup, i char the outside sometimes and one edge on the side i usually heat with the flame is really black and cracker but the unit functions just like the day i got it.

I received my new parts from Ed, too. thanks to him, now i have some extra tubing i can even choose to use it dry with just a whip.

when i heat it up when its empty and i dont char the outside, a very tiny amount of vapor comes out of where vapor usually comes out. so yea, almost no residue to burn off the unit, but its easy to burn the outside just a little and get that smelly wood smoke.

Nycdeisel,
I try to aim the flame at the block from below, at a 45 degree upward, so any heat that deflects off goes upward, away from the unit.

charliedontsurf,

Nycdeisel

Thats what I do now. But when I first got it, my aim maybe wasnt so good :p
its rare now for me to burn the wood.

Nycdeisel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just picked up a used Supreme and have a question. How am I supposed to use this with my glass when the orange rubber parts all get swallowed up in the hole? (sorry for not knowing all the names of the parts to this thing... it's very new to me). I must be missing something.

It seems like the bore of the hole is too big, or orange thingies are worn down, or I'm missing something entirely. :/

A picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll stop talking and show it here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
photoekg.jpg

:peace:

Stu,
Top Bottom