Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I got some replacement parts yesterday from Ed in order get the (unusable) SV that I bought back into action. The stem I got is much longer than the one that I purchased. I wonder if Ed just made it extra long for me, or if the one I bought had been cut off for some reason? :shrug: Anyway, it fits snug, so I'm happy about that.

The replacement thermometer works fine, but I'm not too sure about how to swap it out. Any ideas? I did a search, but my keywords must not be accurate because I couldn't find it here. I tried gently pulling the wires where they go into the wood, but they seem pretty tight in there and I don't want do break it. Do I need to use a soldering iron to "remove" the old wires and "attach" the new ones? Or do I just pull as hard as necessary in order to yank 'em all the way out?

Here's a pic of the current broken thermometer that I need to remove:

photopeo.jpg

Any adivce is greatly appreciated!

:peace:

Stu,

SD_haze

Hmm...on the SV2, there is no nail-thing holding the wires in, it just slides into the hole.

When Ed was telling me how to take the old thermometer out he simply said
"very carefully pull the wires (together) out of the wood body (behind the thermometer)."

I'd send Ed another email if you haven't, unless an SV1 user knows whats up.

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Well, after spending most of my birthday scouring this entire thread, I've come to the realization that solder that you can clearly see in the picture above is the result of the previous owner trying to fix the thermometer connection with a regular soldering iron. I managed to finally yank out the wires and there is the "lead" portion that is microsoldered on to the two copper wires that is still stuck in the little hole. This was obviously a problem for the previous owner, so he must've tried to fix it himself (to no avail). I realized this when around reading this post: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=134353#p134353

So to summarize, I bought a broken SV that was not advertised as such. The stem was unusable as well (it would just fall in our out freely). I did my best by emailing Ed and buying replacement parts from him. Only to finally realize that the unit cannot even be fixed. As this was a purchase from a fellow FC member, I'm going to give him the opportunity to refund my money. I didn't want to even contact him until I had done whatever I could to make the unit funcional. It's time for an email now. :mad:

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That does suck, I hope you guys can work it out. Is that the one that was on sale here for like ten minutes? I was sorry to see I missed the opportunity when I saw that add, guess I didn't miss much after all.

Are you sure it can't be fixed though? Can't you drill it out and put in a new one?

Oh, and a happy birthday man!

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Stu, looks like you bought the supreme from here that I was thinking of getting. Sorry man :( I hope this all works out for you somehow.

Sorry it wasn't the happiest of birthdays.

darkrom,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
darkrom said:
Stu, looks like you bought the supreme from here that I was thinking of getting. Sorry man :( I hope this all works out for you somehow.

Sorry it wasn't the happiest of birthdays.
I too noticed that quick trade , and also put some thoughts in it.IME you always get what you paid for .. Either noone is going to give you more than you deserve or destiny has its own way balancing things.. I hope you get refund ! Any inabilities or vunerabilities and past repairs IMO should be noted in the sales info..

Abysmal Vapor,
The unit is fully repairable. I actually messed up the thermometer just trying to change the battery for the buyer. I got it to work again, but it only shows a temperature when heated. Must have a bad solder.. And the rubber piece did that weird shrinking thing because I soaked it in alcohol to clean it for shipping. Surprised me too. The shrinking and thermometer are both repairable. I can purchase the replacement thermometer for you if needed. You did only pay half, so even if you did need parts, you still save big compared to new. Plus the V1 isn't even sold anymore. If you don't want to repair it, I will buy it back from you by January. I have friends that were very upset I sold it to a stranger. Ed is a great guy. Send him that picture, and he will confirm he has your part. You can even have him send it to my paypal. I mean no harm, but I understand it is not perfect. Still very usable. Let me know what you want.

Rottweiler1080z,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Rottweiler1080z said:
The unit is fully repairable. I actually messed up the thermometer just trying to change the battery for the buyer. I got it to work again, but it only shows a temperature when heated. Must have a bad solder.. And the rubber piece did that weird shrinking thing because I soaked it in alcohol to clean it for shipping. Surprised me too. The shrinking and thermometer are both repairable. I can purchase the replacement thermometer for you if needed. You did only pay half, so even if you did need parts, you still save big compared to new. Plus the V1 isn't even sold anymore. If you don't want to repair it, I will buy it back from you by January. I have friends that were very upset I sold it to a stranger. Ed is a great guy. Send him that picture, and he will confirm he has your part. You can even have him send it to my paypal. I mean no harm, but I understand it is not perfect. Still very usable. Let me know what you want.

Offering to solve the problem OR buy it back. I commend you as a very very honest seller. Looks like everything will work out well one way or another.

Hooray for people being nice to each other for once lol!

darkrom,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Rottweiler1080z said:
I already have been dealing with Ed via email and I bought replacement parts from him. The new stem fits perfectly, but the thermometer will not go into the hole because there is a broken piece of wire that is stuck in the hole that the wires go into and I cannot get it out (I tried for hours on end last night). In theory I suppose the hole could be drilled out, but I'm not good with power tools and such. I'm not sure if drilling would ruin the unit or not, or if it would make it hard to get the proper distance from the temperature probe to the metal portion that the temp gauge is supposed to be "reading" (I read that there is a 1mm tolerance and it must be precise or the temperature will be wildly inaccurate.

I didn't complain when I got the unit because I figured that I got it for a reasonable discount and so I took it upon myself to try to get it working with new parts. However at this point I think I've done about all I can for a layman.

So unless you can share with me some special trick to get the new thermometer installed, I think I'll have to just return it for a refund and chalk up the extra time and money I've spent to experience.

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Today I decided to go ahead and drill out the hole that was blocked by the old lead wire. After a few attempts, I was able to get the new thermometer installed! It works fine now, so I'm very relived and elated. This thing fucking rocks! I had some high expectations after seeing all those videos, and my expectations have been exceeded. :ko:

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thanks, CDS. I'm very impressed with the heat retention of this thing. You get several bigs rips from one torchiing which gives it a big advantage of something like the vapocane. It's great knowing the bowl temp, too so you can target the temp ranges you desire.

The first time I tried it the temperature guage was not going up very fast at all durning my torching, so after about 90 seconds or so I realized that the sensor was still not installed correctly. I decided to take a rip through my bubbler anyway and I got a mouthful of smoke. :mad: I hate burning my precious weed! I think the smoke hit got me pretty high, though.

Once I got the sensor installed properly, I see how it actually is supposed to work and I am impressed so far.

Stu,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Stu said:
Thanks, CDS. I'm very impressed with the heat retention of this thing. You get several bigs rips from one torchiing which gives it a big advantage of something like the vapocane. It's great knowing the bowl temp, too so you can target the temp ranges you desire.

The first time I tried it the temperature guage was not going up very fast at all durning my torching, so after about 90 seconds or so I realized that the sensor was still not installed correctly. I decided to take a rip through my bubbler anyway and I got a mouthful of smoke. :mad: I hate burning my precious weed! I think the smoke hit got me pretty high, though.

Once I got the sensor installed properly, I see how it actually is supposed to work and I am impressed so far.

What kind of torch are you using? I use two torches and I can just barely get mine up to vaping temps in 90 seconds let alone hot enough for combustion to take place. You would have to go well over the 400f mark in order to actually combust. Was your abv black?

Also, you should be able to smell that it's ready to hit well before you get to burning temps even without a temp gauge.

The sv is the only vape that (I have) that will milk a tube up so thick you'd swear it was smoke by looking at it, but the taste, and the colour of the abv convince me that the sv produces the densest Vapes on the market currently. I call it whitewalling the tube, it's so thick you can't see through it.

notmyrealUSERname,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I use the Bernzomatic torch. The ABV was clearly ABC (already been combusted). I have no idea how high the temp was as the thermostat read just 80F (it was clearly not working). The smoke and taste was unmistakable.

Once I got the sensor installed correctly however, it was all smooth sailing. I don't see that happening any more.

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Glad you got it working Stu! Was it hard to clean out the smoke taste out of one of these?

OhTheAgony,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The smoke taste is disapating fairly quickly. I haven't tried actually cleaning it yet (not sure how to, really). It's noticable still, but with a few more bowls I don't think I'll notice it anymore.

Stu,

SD_haze

I've combusted a handful of times back when I was using the supreme without the temperature sensor (just timing it and going by ambient heat), and any bad taste definitely goes away over time without any cleaning.

SD_haze,

scottio19

scotty
4-5 months back there were some members posting about how the maker of the supreme v2 was thinking about discontinuing it in favor of a new electric model he was working on.

I'll go do some sleuthing and gather more info :ninja:
i think i remember them talking about it around page 20

EDIT: The last posts made on the subject are on page 39. It looks like the v2 is not being discontinued and a new model IS under way, but riding on a months-old post lol. I am really interested in an electric version and wish the maker of the supreme was active on this site and could give us updates like the vapexhale cloud team

scottio19,

SD_haze

I think our best bet would be to hire a private investigator in the Bay Area for some investigative sleuthing :ninja:

:lol:

SD_haze,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
charliedontsurf;

your right! the supreme does actually make a very nice convection vape! yes i said convection. i took the solo stem and the ring of silicone from my sv1 and i had a very tasty experience. i totally understand what you were going on about before with the double screen sandwich stuff - i never got it to work satisfactorily for me. but the solo stem holds everything directly inline with the airpath - works like a charm.

notmyrealUSERname,

scottio19

scotty
I got an email back from Ed, he said the new model will be a cordless electric vaporizer with the same exact heating element as the original Supreme Vaporizer. It needs to plug into the wall power supply to heat up, but uses little power. (so it's cordless after you heat it up I think)

He also said "It's completely insulated from the heating element and an extension cord can be used if needed." I hope this means that the heating element is not exposed to burn you, which would be a huge plus for some people.

Should I just post the email for you all to decipher? Or would I be breaking some forum rule or something :uhoh:

scottio19,
Exciting news. Thanks for sharing. Now heres another vaporizer im going to have to buy. I hope its compatible to the original supreme. Sort of like a power adapter for the MFLB.

I'd like to see the email. I think you need to ask for Eds permission before you post it but other than that your good.

VaporBoxed,
Top Bottom