Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

SD_haze

So my GonG perc'd bong just broke and I'm looking for something new to stick the supreme in.

I'm considering the headford inline bubbler and I found a version on ALT that is made specifically for vapor, but its kind of weird.

By vapor they mean concentrate vapor. It doesn't have a standard scientific fitting but instead you can only use it with a vaporglobe.
It says its 18mm but I cant tell how small the input hole is, if the supreme's cone adapter would fit snugly.

Anyone have a 18mm adapter that looks like this thing and the supreme cone that could elucidate the confusion? :p

Here's the vapor bubbler link Inline Vapor bubbler
Also considering this other headford bubbler that is the same setup Jacuzzi Vapor Bubbler
Its even $20 less but both of these are such great deals

Here's the picture of the forced-vapor globe fitting
inline.jpg

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That's a glass nail. It's only good for waxes and oils, and your SV will NOT fit, so I'd look elsewhere.

:peace:

Stu,

SD_haze

Nonono the nail is removeable :lol:

Since its 18mm I think without the nail the supreme cone would fit but it'd cost fifty bucks to return it.

I want to get the vapor version of the bubs because Id like a oil piece and this would kill two birds with one stone plus they're the same price as the normal versions.

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hmmm. In that case I don't see why it wouldn't work. Fifty smackers to return it would be a bitch, though.

Good luck!

Stu,

SD_haze

yeah 18% restocking + shipping.

so I guess the input itself would technically be an "18mm male" fitting if anyone has one lying around

SD_haze,

VaporEyeSore

its the same as a DBV wand 18 mm male? Supreme wont fit with supplied silicone. It would work if you held it by the silicone and took a toke but it will not stay there.

VaporEyeSore,
Looking at the photos on the site, you could maybe get the Solo to seal nicely with the actual opening of the vapordome. The vapordome entrance look to be about the sameish size as a 19mm female, so it should take the Supreme Silicone. It's probably significantly more delicate than a machine-made GonG joint, but if you're careful, it should be fine.

Those two pieces look like a great deal, especially if you're after an oil rig. And for my money, I'd go for in the inline :2c:

BTW, the "nail" in my supreme is still visible when I look up the length of the steel tube with a flashlight.

SD_haze said:
My biggest gripe with the supreme is the fact that the herb is always being baked by the metal bowl while the temps up, and when I'm using it solo, that ends up probably being a decent about of lost vapor.

So this is my screen setup.
( )
( ) < -----------steel tube, from interior view
( )
( )
-------------------- <----- A large, extra screen, placed so herbals can't get up the tube
************** <----- Herbal material
-------------------- <------OPTIONAL screen, for use with concentrates to spare the stock screen
-------------------- <----------Stock screen, w/handle

With that extra screen, herb can't get sucked up into the metal tube, thus cutting down largely or even completely on surface conduction vaporization. This is the ONLY way I've used my Supreme actually. As soon as I got my Supreme, I figured there was a screen missing in that position and installed one. I haven't even tried hitting it the other way. I can say that I can't get the sort of white-walling that I've seen in many of the videos for the Supreme, just something close to it. I'd attributed this to various factors, but the way I have my screens set up is likely the culprit. So if you can sacrifice a little vapor density for a much more pure-convection vaporization, this screen setup might be fore you. When the Supreme is at 300+, I can pretty much touch the edge of the steel heating element from the inside through the screen, and its clear that most or all of the heat is far enough or low enough from the herbal not to vaporize it.

charliedontsurf,

blackbur

The supreme's downstem could probably fit on the top of the vapor globe..ask and see if they can give you a size for the opening.

Otherwise your best bet is hitting up a blower for a double sided female glass on glass tube. probably wouldn't be too expensive.

If your patient..wait for more bubblers to be thrown up.

blackbur,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
blackbur said:
T

Otherwise your best bet is hitting up a blower for a double sided female glass on glass tube. probably wouldn't be too expensive.
I would imagine that a cheap Arizer Cyclone bowl would do the trick, no?
:2c:

Stu,

blackbur

Stu said:
blackbur said:
T

haha Stu, great thinking!
Getting a Cyclone bowl would defiantly be more hassle free than commissioning one from a blower.

Edit-

Defiantly get an Inline, they are awesome when it comes vaporizing.
Great amount of pull, preserves flavor.

blackbur,

SD_haze

Stu said:
blackbur said:
T

I've never seen one in person just a picture, the glass part is 18mm then?
It looks like the other (rubber?) end is the same size, the orange adapter would fit in there?

Charliedontsurf said:
So this is my screen setup.
( )
( ) < -----------steel tube, from interior view
( )
( )
-------------------- <----- A large, extra screen, placed so herbals can't get up the tube
************** <----- Herbal material
-------------------- <------OPTIONAL screen, for use with concentrates to spare the stock screen
-------------------- <----------Stock screen, w/handle

With that extra screen, herb can't get sucked up into the metal tube, thus cutting down largely or even completely on surface conduction vaporization. This is the ONLY way I've used my Supreme actually. As soon as I got my Supreme, I figured there was a screen missing in that position and installed one. I haven't even tried hitting it the other way. I can say that I can't get the sort of white-walling that I've seen in many of the videos for the Supreme, just something close to it. I'd attributed this to various factors, but the way I have my screens set up is likely the culprit. So if you can sacrifice a little vapor density for a much more pure-convection vaporization, this screen setup might be fore you. When the Supreme is at 300+, I can pretty much touch the edge of the steel heating element from the inside through the screen, and its clear that most or all of the heat is far enough or low enough from the herbal not to vaporize it.

That setup would be great but the SV2 never came with a stock screen equipped with a handle.

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The Arizer Cyclone bowl is basically just a 18mm female - female adapter with a ledge in the middle to hold the screen. One side is coated with a heat protective coating, but you could use it either way. Hell, you could probably leave the screen in, too if you wanted.

Stu,

blackbur

Might need a 18-14 reducer depending on if your comfortable on putting the supreme downstem down an 18mm gong joint opposed to a 14mm where its more snug and air tight.

blackbur,
I personally prefer the 18.8mm because you can just park it on top of your piece and have it securely sit there, a 14mm requires more care. I don't feel like the 18.8mm leaks either.

charliedontsurf,

SD_haze

I just figured out the best option:

I dont think ive mentioned this before, but a 14mm female joint from an adapter will slide on to the supremes metal mouthpiece tube sticking out, and if you twist it, it seals 100% airtight.

i never could make use because all i have is a 14 female : 14 male adapter, but if I had a 14 female : 18 female, I could actually make the supreme fit glass on glass 100% airtight :brow:
(assuming the 18 female fits snugly on the bubbler)

seems like the inline might be a more sturdy choice to try and do this, although would it just tip over with the supreme in? i was leaning towards the jacuzzi after watching this video, for such a compact piece its got 2+ inches of heavy tiny bubble stacking and all slits of the disc diffuser hit every time at every angle unlike the inline.

decisions decisions !

PS: thanks for all the responses :peace:

SD_haze,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
I am currently waiting on the very same Headford disc diffused bubbler to arrive as a travel companion for my supreme and solo. Looks perfect for the job! :peace:

psyshaman,

SD_haze

Nice!

I actually just found out that High Priority Glass in Long Beach, CA has all the headford bubblers $10 less than ALT. Plus I can try em out side by side (and no shipping).

They're having an opening for Luke Wilson this saturday and was planning to go there anyway. Great when everything comes together just right :D

(goosefire is owned by high priority)

283046_250048998349341_204974656190109_886319_1567072_n.jpg

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Sweet. Maybe I'll swing by and have him sign my bubbler!! Sounds like fun.

Stu,

blackbur

Great to see everything working out solidly.

to you new bub owners be sure to take some vids and pics of sum supreme action.
I can't wait to see these badboys!.

blackbur,

SD_haze

hmm either my post got deleted or i forgot to hit submit earlier today in a vaked state :ko:

anyway, ive been using Charliedontsurf's screen method of pure convection and i've fallen in love with the supreme all over again.
and this time, its tastier.

Definitely a big benefit over putting the herb in the metal tube, before flavor dissipated after the 2nd hit or so big time, but now it retains flavorful rips almost all the way through.

efficiency is definitely a boost solo because im not always hitting it, in larger groups i might go back to the old method.

does concentrates quite well too, much easier.
long story short, you're a genius charlie :D

EDIT: dont use the adapter -.- glass chipped (duh)

SD_haze,
I'm glad it was of use to you SDhaze, and also that my crude diagram made sense. Like I said, I haven't even tried using the Supreme the way it was intended. I imagine higher temperatures are necessary than the partial conduction method so be prepared to kick it up a little.

charliedontsurf,

SD_haze

Doh...im not sure why I thought tightening glass on metal would be safe over and over.
Guess I was do enthralled with the possibility of GonG fitting.

But yeah, the adapter chipped, and it still 100% functions as a normal adapter, but it no longer tightens.
my guess is a normal adapter wouldnt even tighten and this maybe had a defect asymmetry.

| | || | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Supreme & Concentrates!
Yes!

Before all i could ever do was throw kief or finely shredded pressed/water hash ina sandwich that was tricky to do but were great.

But now, with charlie's screen setup i was able to put about 3 dabs worth in a bowl, heated it up hot right away, and that first direct from the mouthpiece rip was the most flavorful dab ive ever had. And thick thick clouds of vapor over and over. 2-3 dabs worth of CO2 concentrate gave me at least 5 big vapor hits. it melted into the herb but luckily because the setup has two screens, the herb turns into kind of a solidifed disc that protects the heat tube.

looking forward to seeing how much more ill be able to fit in one bowl in da future.

note: i like to vape a lil herb first so its already a solid-ish disc, then add the concentrate to the screen and place the screen on the herb sticky side down. set temp to 290++ and give it a rip. minimal diffusion if any (my concentrate is very pure so you really dont cough so direct is my fav method)

SD_haze,
Top Bottom