Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

Nycdeisel

Im going to start making other caps because they arent being sold anymore. The cardboard cap mine came with is still going strong!
I will of course post them up here if it works out well.

Glad you are liking it cds! I think you may even be enjoying it as much as I am! :brow: :cool:
:lol:

I use this thing all the time now, I feel so spoiled by these huge, smooth, tasty vapor bong rips, never ceases to impress me!

Nycdeisel,
I'm in survival mode right now, loading relatively huge bowls of ABV into the Supreme and then starting at 300, then going to 360 in time.

Cowabunga!

charliedontsurf,

Nycdeisel

Survival mode! sounds like a good recipe for sleep ;)
I just loaded a fat(probably as much as I would ever load in this thing) bowl in mine of some tasty platinum kush, good night time strain, lots of vapor too!
and im off :buzz:

:cheers:

Nycdeisel,
Not to bump needlessly, but I can say that the Supreme works very very well for concentrates. I'm using a total of three screens, the stock screen, and two with the concentrate inbetween under it. This is a basic and truly excellent vaporizer all around.

charliedontsurf,

Nycdeisel

Its not really unnecessarily bumping, you had something to say!and I hadnt really heard of many people using concentrates of any form in the SV so that info is valuable.

This thread doesnt get much traffic anyway, which is too bad cause this is really a serious unit for hitting bongs. it deserves more attention around here IMO!

On cleaning the Supreme: you really only have to worry about the screen. When mine gets gunked up I remove the screen and just let it sit in a bottle cap with ISO for a few minutes and it mostly comes off but then I use a small soft tooth brush to scrub the last bits away with the ISO, then I just rinse and let dry.
As for the rest of the tube/gasket, the silicone pieces can be easily wiped or washed quickly and easily with iso alcohol and rinsed. the steel tube is even easier to clean! first I run some hot water through it and then I just use q tips dipped in iso to scrub the inside, just a couple of those and then pour enough just to coat the inside of the tube one more time(simply for good measure) and rinse it and cleaning the SV is DONE! just let everything dry and reassemble :)

Nycdeisel,

theasian

Official Asian
I should get an ETA for the electric model ...Come September I'm going to be needing an SV (electric or not) to power my tube :lol:

theasian,

SD_haze

charliedontsurf said:
Not to bump needlessly, but I can say that the Supreme works very very well for concentrates. I'm using a total of three screens, the stock screen, and two with the concentrate inbetween under it. This is a basic and truly excellent vaporizer all around.

:cool:
never thought about doing this, all i've ever done is sandwich kief/pressed hash between herb in the bowl.

what kind of concentrates are you using? oily/waxy stuff?
and
not 100% understanding the setup, are the two screens resting above the bowl? (got any pics? ;) )

(side note)
I just got my 2nd dealextreme honest torch with the first one being real funky and lost a lot of functionality real quick.

Sticking the supreme in my bong so it stays in there, I use two butane torches to heat it up so quickly its scary. Thing goes nearly 30-60 degrees past when I stop it this way haha.

I also got a propane blowtorch for cheap heating @ home.
Diggin it and was only $12 at home depot (same as the honest torch :lol:)

SD_haze,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Awesome blackbur! I remember watching your Supreme hit clips when I was pondering the purchase, great advertising for the amazing little vaporizer it is :D

psyshaman,

blackbur

thank you psyshaman!
i figured its the least i could do, after finding out how amazing the product was.
Even i was on the fence about purchasing it and there were only a handful of videos to watch, most were just of one hit and that's it..no inhale..no temps.
everyone who's into thick clouds should defiantly get a chance to rip a supreme.

:)

blackbur,

VaporEyeSore

Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble contacting Ed as i have sent a couple of emails but had no reply from him for 2 weeks, is he on holiday?

VaporEyeSore,

Nycdeisel

Theres a good probability that he is, since hes not taking orders till the end of august. I thought it only meant for the actual unit, but I doubt he cut himself off from the customers. Im sure he will be responding eventually.

Nycdeisel,
Does anyone else have a Supreme showing a split? I can't believe it took me this long to notice this, it's not quite as obvious when it's not in a super macro shot though. The previous owner said he used to take it all the way to Hi and I've been taking it up to about 350.. Should I be worried? Should I get some kind of funky hose clamp and put it around the block so it will last longer and not split? I might bother Ed and see what he has to say.

I got the Supreme for a great deal with what I found out is really a professional quality torch, so I'm not really bummed. If I get a half year of use out of it before it splits, it'll still have been a great ride well worth the price of admission.

zMjiv.jpg

charliedontsurf,

SD_haze

Repeatedly went to Hi? someone liked to cough :lol:

Mine has no crack but I try to keep it under 330 because Ed said that when you take it higher, it can cause the wood to expand, which is harmless until you can no longer see the nail sticking into the bowl.

If you cant see the nail, then he said its unsafe to use I believe.

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

yup, told me the same about the nail when I felt some rattling, but it seemed that only happened a couple times when it got colder then usually after cooling down.

No actual cracks like that, but theres an area with a good amount of burnt cracks on one side of the edge right below the heating block. it doesnt effect its performance though

I have had great success with my Supreme every time! if it continues at this rate I will have this for years to come(and maybe the newer versions when they are released too!)

Nycdeisel,

SD_haze

speaking of long-term problems,

is it possible for the heating element path to get gunked up since theres no screen?
like, if you were packing small bowls.

SD_haze,
So to officially make myself out to be the ignorant noob of the Supreme club, what the hell is the "nail?" I'm unfamiliar with this term and haven't seen a diagram with the Supreme's layout so I don't know what we're all speaking on.

My heating element does not rattle when I grab it and try to shake it a bit from the body, it's very much firmly in the wood. I do hear occasionally hear creaks which sound metallic when the Supreme is cooling down, especially around the 200F mark. When I place my hand firmly over the end of the heating element, so as to block the air intake, and then inhale after that, the only place air is getting in is actually around the silicone mouthpiece gasket, and then just a tiny bit. So my Supreme doesn't seem to be leaking air or anything.

Still works bitching, and has become my primary piece, especially now that the Solo is having issues.

charliedontsurf,

Nycdeisel

It didnt seem the solo was on calm waters yet... not that I really keep up with the thread on it... this convo is for another time... :lol:

anyway, the Supreme does seem to have a very good seal as you mentioned charlie, and the airflow is pretty good too especially with most water pieces.

The nail is the nail that leaves that small hole on the side opposite of the display. It is visible if you look into the herb chamber with some light when the chamber is empty you should clearly see just the end bit of the nail sticking out from the side of the metal tube chamber.

Mine hasnt been loose at all since the period when I was not using it the way I regularly do(daily)
so im thinking it just got a little too cold and the block constricted, but ed said this can happen from overheating, which I didnt do, so maybe this area needs a bit more investigating, either way with normal use this shouldnt be any problem regarding the long term performance of the unit.

I too hear that occasional creaking noise when its just sitting there and cooling down.

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hell, Deez.. I hear occasional creaking noises from my body when I am just sitting there! ;)

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

:lol:

nice to see you in here dude, I have been loving my Supreme even more if that is possible.

I want new glass to milk up though, glass is so fun!

Nycdeisel,

blackbur

blackbur said:
Supreme Vaporizer Review : The "Portable Power House"

Pre-Purchase Inspection: I was on the fence about purchasing this vaporizer because at the time there wasn't a lot of user feedback on the device and the video's of usage were very limited. I decided to be risky so i pulled the trigger and contacted Ed and he sent me an invoice and i received my vaporizer soon after.

Initial Thoughts(Before Use): Wow, this thing isn't very big. I said this while holding the unit in the palm of my hand.

Contents of my package.
-A small micro butane torch(empty)
-The Whip(Food/medical grade tubing)
-The Supreme Vaporizer(Body Unit)
-The Orange Downstem(Whip Connector and Mouthpiece)
-Hooked Strainless Steel Screens(To restrain vaporizing material in the chamber)
-A very well worded brief manual on usage and maintenance

Preparation and Operation:

-Grind your material until it is to your preference(Coarse/Fine)
-Turn the Supreme Vaporizer(Body Unit) upside-down
-Drop your material inside of the heating chamber(Pack loosely to provide air circulation)
-Place a Stainless Steel Screen over the chamber(Push it down so it stays flushed against the chamber)
-Turn the supreme vaporizer upright
-Place Orange Downstem inside of the Supreme Vaporizer(push it against the stainless steel screens)
-With the unit facing yourself press the small black button on your Left.(Wait for the digital LED Temperature Readout to warm up.)
-Heating Source[Torch]- Place the flame on the unit's aluminum heating element until you reach your desired Temp.
-To double check the Temperature Readout, Press the small black button on your right.(The LED backlight will activate and you will clearly see the temperature of the heating element)
-Once you've reached your desired temperature, turn off the torch or move it away from the flame.
-Place the Supreme either on a water pipe or Place the whip inside the unit Or Inhale directly from the unit itself.

-Heating Source[Stove Top]- Turn on the stove top element you plan on using and wait for it to turn light red.
-Press the small black button on your left to turn on the Digital LED Temp Readout and wait for it to warm up
-Place the heating element directly on to the hot stove element.[DO NOT LEAVE UNATTENDED]
-Wait for the heating element to reach your desired temperature then take it off the stove element.
-Turn off the stove element if you don't plan on using it again.[Save electricity]
-Now inhale and enjoy the vapor from your supreme.

Waiver-These are the steps i use and the procedure i use with my supreme.

First Impressions(After first successful use): Outstanding! It only took one minute for me to heat the unit to my desired temp(290F) then i proceed to inhale..I was amazed by the sheer volume of the cloud of vapor i exhaled.Chills ran up my spine as i re-heated my unit ready to proceed with Round 2.I was simply blown away at the performance of the Supreme Vaporizer.

Production Details:

-Each unit is hand made in the U.S.A by the inventor.
-Supreme vaporizer is a product of Woodworking and Metal Fabrication
-Each unit is engraved,buffed and grinded.
-Each Heating element is engraved and welded, cleaned and tested before shipment.
-Heating element is composed of High Temperature Aluminum.
-Wood used for the body of the Supreme vaporizer is African Mahogany Wood.
-Stainless Steel Screens(when i purchased them, i believe now they are brass)
-Food/Medical grade tubing.
-Digital temperature read out
-Heat up time is 1 minute or less.

Safety and Precautions:

-This vaporizer is not a toy and should be handled with extreme care and caution.
-The heating element can become hot enough to cause first and second degree burns, or start a fire if it lands on something that's flammable or can catch fire when heated.
-Its best to use this vaporizer in a familiar area, with a designated spot to handle the vaporizer and to place it when not in use.
-Make sure you provide the torch/stove top with your undivided attention while using them and make sure you turn them off when you aren't using them.

Applications:
Various ways you can use the device..
-Direct Method-placing the downstem/mouthpiece bewteen your lips and inhaling
-Whip Method-placing the whip inside of the downstem and inhaling so that the vapor has time to cool down before reaching your lungs.
-Water Tool Method-Place downstem in the downstem of a water pipe or bubbler and inhale, doing this will help cool down the vapor as well as adding moisture to your hits.(This is one of the most popular methods seeing as some users feel vapor without the aid of a water tool is dry and somewhat harsh.)

Performance:
I've been using the supreme vaporizer for about a year now and i haven't had any malfunctions or errors that I've heard others user having.So far its been smoothing sailing with operation and preparation of my unit.Every time i heat my unit, its safe to expect large amount of vapor to be extracted once i inhale and exhale.My supreme has had no problems milking up the various water tools I've had in my possession.This vaporizer does a top notch job at obtaining both blue vapor, white vapor.

Aesthetics/Design:
I love wood.I have wooden tables,Wooden speakers, Hardwood floors.I think you get it.
This vaporizer is pretty fun to look at, its like a small wooden computer, with an heatsink on the top.It looks very well polished and the engravings on the wood and aluminum are very superb.Also the milling and welding is pretty on exceptional.

Aluminum heating element, is basically designed like a parking garage. There are multiple layers of aluminum that are encased in a cube gives the unit a 1.5 ft path for air to be heated before reaching the chamber where your material is held.Most vaporizers that have a ceramic heating element only have 2 inches heat/air exchange because of the size of the element and design of the vaporizer.The Supreme's element allows for your air to be uniformly heated as it passes through and creates thick vapor for your consumption.

Digital Temp Readout, lets you control what type of vapor you will consume. You choose what temp you vaporize at. Now the Digital temp readout only indicates the temperature of the heating element and not the actual vapor that you will be consuming, but its very nice because it gives you an idea of the general ball park you will be in. With my unit 270-290F normally give me very light fresh blue vapor with a bounty of flavor and taste, whereas 300-330F gives me thick white vapor which is very heavy and aromatic. If you continue to venture with the temperature around 365 and Up you will find yourself enjoying a very dense/creamy vapor and smoke hybrid some people might find this undesirable and i agree its more of an acquired taste but its defiantly nice to have the option available.

Learning Curve:
The Learning Curve is almost non existent.
Only thing you will need to play with is the temperatures you use and that can be very entertaining once you've documented your favorite degrees.

Overall Experience:

This is a great device for someone who is already has experience using vaporizers, i would never suggest this unit to someone who is a beginner. Seeing as it takes a lot of responsibility and concentration to have a successful experience without any consequences.Supreme vaporizer offers huge amounts of vaporizer off small amounts of material due to the design of the heating element and the vapor path which makes this great for someone craving large lungfuls of vapor but not at the loss of efficiency.The supreme vaporizer is also an amazing investment for someone who has a large glass water pipe collection.Now this vaporizer is great for 1-3 people, but larger "Party" situations is this vaporizers weakness along with having a very hot heating element exposed.All in all i am glad i made the investment and purchased a supreme vaporizer.The anniversary of my purchase is coming up soon and i know exactly how to celebrate, and hopefully by that time Ed(the inventor & seller) will have created his electrical supreme unit.

Edit-decided to just quote this review from another thread.

blackbur,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Very nice review :) . Didn't know there was an electrical supreme coming :). I hope i soon get my hands on one :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Nycdeisel

They are not even being sold yet, hopefully soon though! I would think within a month or two from now, but who knows.

cool review bur, nice and thorough :)

Nycdeisel,

SD_haze

My biggest gripe with the supreme is the fact that the herb is always being baked by the metal bowl while the temps up, and when I'm using it solo, that ends up probably being a decent about of lost vapor.

If the electrical model somehow fixed that I'd get it in a heartbeat :brow:

SD_haze,
Top Bottom