Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

SD_haze

Nycdeisel said:
hello everyone, so I ran low on herbal material, so I stopped vaping for a day or two, I left a pretty fresh bowl in there so I didnt pack iy up again just check the screen and when I moved the unit I could feel something was loose. and its the heating block! the heating block has come loose and there is a small amount of wiggle room at its base where its attached to the wood body.

I can only think of my being rough with it, like hitting the sides to get all of the herb out(its easier to remove if you just took a hit) that may have caused this.

I am going to email Ed about this. I really do love my Supreme, it would be a damn fucking shame to part with it! I would at least get another if it was needed! :p

i emailed him the same thing. here is the response
basically, as long as u can still see the nail in the herb chamber, its fine.

Hello,

Yes, that (loose block, wiggle room) is normal only if you went to very high temperatures, much higher than the recommended 330F, and burned the vaporizer. What you described will not reduce the performance of the vaporizer at all because the metal expands when it's hot and makes a good seal with the wood. Do not keep burning it because the vaporizer will get messed up to a point where it will not be safe to use, or it will not work as well.

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

I havent ever gone really hot, only a few occasions where I heated it upa little too long to about 350, in which case, I dont hit it before it at least below 330.

I heated it up to hit it right after that and it expanded and its better now, but now I still feel a bit loose but much less then before.

I hope this just resolves itself. I was even talking about getting another SV!

Btw when did you email him and when did you get a response? he hasnt responded to my email yet even though I got my answer :p

Nycdeisel,

blackbur

That's pretty interesting, on my supreme i'm able to get up to 360 although flavor isn't really desirable at that point.
Its also interesting that what Ed is doing with production..i wonder if he will go back to making the old ones..or something new.

blackbur,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Interesting indeed. I will certainly grab another Supreme from Ed before he ceases to produce them. I do love mine dearly, it is a permanent resident at my vape station and I would like to make sure it stays that way.

I wonder if waxing the wood to keep it conditioned will help preserve the body in the long run and maybe keep it from loosening up from the heatexhanger from constant heat/expanding/shrinking. Just a thought

psyshaman,

Nycdeisel

I applied some Buzz Butter(comes with the PD) to each side carefully(like avoiding the hole from the nail, the engraved words, or the edges of the thermometer) but it doesnt go on very smooth because of the grain, im not sure if it might be called veins? in the wood or something, but you get what I mean if you own an SV.

I too will be sure to get another before they become a discontinued item, this is a staple in my vape collection for sure.

Nycdeisel,

theasian

Official Asian
Got some info ladies and gents:

I directly asked Ed the reason he will cease production of the SV2 (response below):

Due to technical issues, it's taking me a lot longer to make these. We will start focusing all of our time on developing the new electric model and will resume with the current model once the electric model is up and running.

Guess I'll hold my horses until the electric model is released :brow:

theasian,

SD_haze

Oh sweet baby jesus hell yes.

An electric powered supreme element (maybe with a glass pathway?) could definitely give the vapexhale a competitor, assuming its more affordable.

Also goood to hear production will resume in the future !

Great find asian

SD_haze,

mlo4sho

Great news! The Supreme has always been very high on my list of "next vapes to buy" and it's good to hear that I won't have to rush into it while funds aren't readily available.

mlo4sho,
guys i'd like to cop a SV2 before Ed stops selling them. I live in PA however, and Ed doesn't ship to my state! Anyone have ANY experience of getting around this or might have a possibly solution to what I could do.

biojuggernaut,

SD_haze

biojuggernaut said:
guys i'd like to cop a SV2 before Ed stops selling them. I live in PA however, and Ed doesn't ship to my state! Anyone have ANY experience of getting around this or might have a possibly solution to what I could do.

Not sure but I know someone from pennsylvnaia trying to order a bong online was what caused Tommy Chong's big bong bust. The guy kept persisting them and they finally shipped it and got caught kind of.

BUT...they wouldnt be looking into some individual transaction like a supreme purchase.
he was just a scapegoat.

i guess your best bet would be to have it shipped out of state if you were going there anyway

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

YES!! GREAT information! Thank you very much Asian for taking the work out of it for the rest of us, as Im sure we were all wondering.

Im very happy to hear that this model WILL be continued, along with another new model!

Im hoping nothing else happens between now and the release of the new one and continuation of SV#2

Nycdeisel,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
SD_haze said:
Just bought a new vaportube.

much smaller with no perc, and it works insanely better with the supreme.
its like night and day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8nQex5yUbE

I have found that I like to use the sv1 in different ways depending on the size of the water piece i am using at the time. So a small piece with low water volumes and little diffusion will be used for very low temps = tasty! If I want to feel like a dragon then I grab a big piece (like your halo perc), and heat it up to 330 for the first hit! Bowl is done in two maybe thre hits, then save the abv for use in the ha!

Versatility is one big advantage of the sv!

notmyrealUSERname,

Nycdeisel

I dont like to start at high temps like that. But I know its the only way to get hits like Jimbos videos show ;)

anyway, about the loose heating block: that only happened after it hadnt been used for a lot longer then usual(it went a few days with no use). Now I have heated it up maybe once or twice a day, and it doesnt become loose at all once it cools down(thats what it seems like now, I will update with another post if anything changes, or to confirm that this is the case, because it seems like it would be, similar to how a part of log style vapes can get loose if you let them go cold after long periods of being hot. back to basic science with heat expanding and cold constricting.)

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sv#2 as much as I am, because I really cant stop hitting this thing, I cant say its very efficient though. it has great airflow with this new AlienTech Alex K showerhead downstem that I just got

DSC039162.jpg

DSC039262.jpg

DSC039282.jpg

Here is a video of it in use! click the image below

Nycdeisel,

SD_haze

On the sv's efficiency...I can get really decent vapor with a very small amount, but if I put a lot in, and people aren't constantly hitting it (like solo use) the constant conduction heating definitely takes a hit to efficiency.

If you turn it past 270 or so, and u put the mouthpiece end under a light, u can see actual vapor just whisping out of it too. So there's that.

Basically its efficient at getting a lot of people ripped fast or a tiny pinch to start the day.
Or u can take luxury fat bowls to yourself like I love :-D

SD_haze,

weedemon

enthusiast
HI all the SV is a vape I would love to try someday, but I don't see myself buying it quite yet... money is tight now, and if I was to buy a new vape it would have to be the cloud. (No disrespect to the supreme intended, just my opinion and preference)

I have been following this thread for some time, but I just wanted to ask a q about the new one (SV2). how is it different besides the form factor?

also, is it true that there have been some incidences of the display falling out of the new unit? moisture getting into the wood and warping it slightly being the culprit i take it? (constant use being the key to keep the wood dry i would guess) this never happened with the original right?

that's some nice hardware nyc, i like the new stem!

weedemon,

SD_haze

The sv2 doesn't come with a whip, better bowl design, comes with a handy cap, has like one less heating parts but its not needed.

The moisture thing only happens when u first get the wood. After first few uses it should be a no concern.

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

It only has one less plate in the heating block, so it only takes like an inch off of a 6 foot air path!!( think 6'!)

Thanks weedemon! no one else can appreciate glass art? :D

On another note, This is definitely the best downstem I have used so far ever! I totally recommend it, the same size one in clear is only $40 from ALT! Im very lucky and thankful that they had this one in the exact precise size I needed(this tube is unusually sized, its got a narrow neck and requires a very short stem.

About the moisture, I believe thats not a common complication and it can be prevented by simply unscrewing the display and leaving it a bit open for a while so it doesnt condense the moisture and ruin the display, is that right SD haze?

Nycdeisel,
Just got a used Supreme on forum, and I must say, while is may not be truly the Supreme Vape, it is a damn good vape. This is probably my favorite butane powered portable of all time, it is very impressive. I do wish it were wider and more stable, the screen were lower from the flame/heating element, and a better bowl system was in place. Also, a taste of wood is invariably present above 300 it seems - it's not horrible, just noticeable. It has indeed, after a few hours use, provided some of densest vape clouds I've ever seen. I wonder if casting it all of out metal would remedy the wood taste. I love the stir free nature of this vape, and its huge hits. It would be an absolutely amazing camping/guerrilla vape.

Does anyone place a second screen in the Supreme, so stuff can't get up into the heating element? I did this right away.

I wish Supreme would license the heating element concept to other vaporizers, it's a hum dinger.

Edit: that taste of wood seems to be declining as I use it.. Hm. And I was thinking, if the screen ever permanently craps out on me, I'll still be able to get a rough indication of heating element temperature by the way moisture sizzles off a moistened finger, kind of like flicking water onto a pan to see if it is hot enough.

charliedontsurf,

Nycdeisel

Fyi, the bowl/screen system on my #2 is not bad in any way that I can see, I even cleaned the screen fully for the first time recently, just by soaking the screen itself in Iso for a short while then brushing it with ISO and rinsing it, it looked as good as new.

I also NEVER got a wood like taste unless I go over about 320, which is the highest I would want to go really.

I know yours was bought used, and that could be why. But i can say that my SV#2 really reigns SUPREME in my vape arsenal.

thanks asian! I love it!

Nycdeisel,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
I have purchased and tried quite a few vaporizers since my supreme purchase but this thing still is in almost daily rotation!

Seems as soon as I get new glassware the supreme is the test as to how I like a diffusion.
I load a big fat bowl and fire it up to about 300F straight up for massive density. So thick that almost anyone would get the old feeling of hooks in your throat on exhale, just to see how well my new glass works smoothing it out!
Still tempted to message Ed for a second supreme, but I might just wait til the electric model is released.

CDS - you are so right about the Supreme being the ultimate butane powered vape (IMO) and if they licensed out the heating element that would be Rad..
When I'm trying to kill time on a slow day at work I end up drawing vape designs on a pad. And so often the supreme's heating block is key to efficiently and evenly heating the air in my designs. Bet Ed's glad he patented that one!! :peace:

psyshaman,

VaporDie

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site, though I've frequented it many times. I'm prettty experienced in terms of vaporizing and thought it was sweet to read people discuss the same thing. Anyways, I sadly no longer have my Supreme 1. I've been looking for a replacement, but don't want to wait until 8/30 for a new one to ship. Is anyone selling his/her Supreme 1 or 2? I figured a more patient person than I could sell theirs and buy a new one in a few weeks. I thought I could Paypal someone and it'd go smoothly. I apologize if this post is off topic or out of place.

mod note: It is out of place. Please read the rules. No selling or soliciting items on the forum. Exception for selling here and only here, but read the thread rules. Sell your vape

VaporDie,
I'm taking my Supreme all the way up to 360 and have beautiful, even, not at all overly toast ABV. Nowhere near as dark as the HA or Solo will take ABV for instance. I know this is technically voiding the warranty but I think I'm well out of that period anyway. Taste really doesn't suffer and at this point comes off as only very distantly "woody." I am really, really like this thing.

What kind of wood is the Supreme made of, anyway? And does anyone know if you can buy the heater element caps for the Supreme V1?

charliedontsurf,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
cds: its made from african mahogany wood.

i don't know if you can buy heater caps for the sv1. i saw a video on youtube a while ago wherein a guy painted the inside of some cardboard with some heat resistant spraypaint, then duct taped the outside to hold the shape - heres the vid:
Your link text

earlier in this thread someone suggested using a silicone oven mitt (cut down and possibly sewn to size). don't know if it was ever pulled off.

try talking the abv from your sv1 and revapebonging!? it in your ha @ 400f with a tiny scoop of kif, its worth it - though, not for the taste of course!

notmyrealUSERname,
Top Bottom