1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Splinter Z by RBT

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Summer, Sep 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. HerbieVonVapster

HerbieVonVapster Well-Known Member

It is a nice upgrade from the splinter for me. My Z is a 4 holes and I really enjoy that aspect. The hits are smoother from the Z.

Totally agree the Splinters and SplinterZ are both great devices but there only half of what is needed to get the best experiences when using TC mode.

If you're running the splinter on a lower quality mod, it's going to affect it's performance in TC mode. I feel a better upgrade path for a TC user with a splinter would be to buy a better mod over buying the Z.

If later you decide you want the Z you will already have a great mod for it. Along with the old mod and splinter as backup.

I found the splinter with the inexpensive wismec DNA250 to be an excellent combo. For around $70 it's not a bad price. It has a larger footprint and less likely to be knocked over. The splinters look good on the wismec mod. With the 3 batteries you have power all day.

It doesn't have the bells and whistles of the DNAc but the performance is there. For some the simpler interface works better. There's less tweaking and adjusting of settings with it.. It was as my DD with splinter before the DNA250c's

Alexis, cloudsosmoke, Hogni and 9 others like this.
  2. analytika

analytika Well-Known Member

Comparing my low flow splinter to my high flow Z, I spend less time tweaking the mod box settings or fingering the button on the Z. With high flow, I can inhale slowly if the heat is moderate and accelerate my inhalation when the heater really gets going. The cap on inhalation rate with only two holes means you have to put in more effort to dial in the right levels. That's not super hard with DNA replay mode, but it's effortless with high flow. The Mi1 was my previous favorite vape.

3. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

wanting Splinter Z :mmmm:

4. Lazy Lighting

Lazy Lighting Well-Known Member

The splinter is great but I have not put away my splinter z since I got it. It's a total VAS killer. I put 6 zs through it. Never a problem, always consistent thick flavorful cloulds filled with terpy goodness.

5. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I am happy with the one I just received!
    It is a very easy session, and just as the donor promised:
    it was almost impossible to combust.
    Great experience.
    Using it with a lost vape paranormal, and am very impressed.

6. SavageCore

SavageCore Well-Known Member

I think my issue with the Z isn't in the software/profile, I get the rattle talked about previously...

Exactly this :(

Yup also tight screen.

Mine is very unstable just sat on the mod nevermind when shaking it.

I'll shoot an email over to Vapefiend I think!

7. HerbieVonVapster

My splinterZ and the other I have used both have rattles and Ryan has stated it's normal to hear a rattle in some of them. Was discussed a while back in this post and determined to be normal and not affecting performance.

The Z will change resistance values in use. Can you explain comments in more details. Was this durning use or does it also happen when hooked up to the atomizer analyzer?

If you can hook it up to the atomizer analyzer well cold would help. It still might vary a little if seeing a huge differences then I would be concerned. Mine did vary btw 0.401-0.404 but I had used it within last hour.

Shaking device didn't affect those results.

Best ideal is check atomizer, if its ok open device monitor to see whats happening. Should look like the graphs below. My thoughts are the mods resistance values could be wrong. I think @KeroZen still has a vapman and might know the correct mods resistance for it. Other things to try are the other material files or locking in the cold ohms.

Below is a graph of a 20 second draw on the SplinterZ . The red is temperature(400degrees) green is power (55w). Purple live ohms staring from cold (0.400ohms) the flat lines are the set values the gray line is battery level just ignore it.

You can see where I was using muti draw rates from none to my hugest rip. The temperature remained mostly stable. Was peaking at the set 55 watt without seeing a temperature drop.
    [​IMG]

Here is normal draw over 20 seconds. The 2 dips where quick exhale since 20 seconds is a longer draw time than I normally would take.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  8. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

Very well said. I understand the theory behind this. The 2 hole leaves the results mostly up to the device...add in more airflow and the device settings themselves have less of an impact.

cloudsosmoke, Vitolo, Hogni and 2 others like this.
  9. SavageCore

Stone cold the atomizer analyzer fluctuates from 0.400 to 0.700 :o nothing like your range or my range on the Splinter, very concerning!

I've not been able to actually get TC to work since I last posted about it working... device monitor shows it at constant 60w. I'll grab a screen capture tonight of both analyzer cold and device monitor when taking a rip.

KeroZen likes this.
  10. HerbieVonVapster

Yep somethings not right there. I was first thinking something with the mod but if splinter works on it the Z should too. Check and if needed tighten the screw in the 510 connection.

11. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

...or clean your 510 port thoroughly with a mild abrasive (i.e. cotton and ISO is *NOT* enough, you need to break the contaminant and oxides film)

12. SavageCore

That has only gone and done it!! :luv: Few turns and we're reading stable once again.

510 port is a little dirty so will do that soon.

Thanks for the input both!

Summer, TheRobbo, Alexis and 5 others like this.
  13. HerbieVonVapster

With RBT store reopened does anyone know if the SplinterZ listed there have the upgrades 510 deck?

14. nachooo

nachooo Active Member

Just to comment that my wismec releaux 2/3 in the Z works nicely, FJ firmware was updated and I am using the splinter Z in Power and TCR mode. learning curve is ok and after some time I get nice clouds, flavour etc... Best vape with much more body load than others I have tried, something that first I was happy with (lack of body effects with other vapes), but at the end I was missing and wanted… I wonder what would be the reason of this extreme difference in body effect between the splinter and other vapes… This vape should be the best for people in heavy medical conditions.
    Some friends tested it and were shocked,
    Anyway i have only to say thanks to this fórum and nice people here that introduced me to this great vape.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  15. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Why the curiosity Herbie, thought you were gonna pass on the upgrades:brow:;), knew you couldn’t resist brother:lol:. To answer your question, the next batch is what you should be looking out for :science:

16. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

Any word on when Vgoodiez or PV will be getting stock ? I still can’t figure out how to watch an IG live stream. :myday:

17. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

My theory is that it's full-bodied because we start extracting more or less everything at once at a rather high temperature, then it slowly ramps up without you really noticing. So in a short time you get all the actives.

This should be possible with conduction vapes too but in practice when you start them directly over 200°C or at max temp, you get a few pulls at most until the popcorn fest starts and it's disgusting in no time. I didn't like that at all myself, this is why I always started very low, say 175°C-180°C to have a chance to enjoy the taste. Then I did a few temperature steps up until I reached max temp, where everything was mostly already extracted (the last step was usually pretty short, not much left)

We should get the same stuff in both cases but when doing a session it's stretched over a longer period, so the blood inrush is slower, leading to a slower onset. That's the only explanation I found, but there might be something else though?

18. Hackerman

Hackerman Unspecified

The 4 hole Z's are out of stock but I have a 2 hole in my cart.

I think I would prefer the 4 hole simply because I have a 2 hole Splinter (not a Z) so I thought I would mix it up and select a 4-hole for my Z.

Is there a real big difference between the 2 hole and the 4 hole?

Thanks

HerbieVonVapster likes this.
  19. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Read analytica's & AJS's posts above yours on this page for the difference in function.

@almost there is right, next batch, but don't know if the next batch will include this being worked on next batch for VF, POV, etc. or the batch thereafter. You would have to contact Stephanie for clarification.

analytika, Easywider, Alexis and 3 others like this.
  20. Hackerman

Hackerman Unspecified

Thanks, that made the decision for me. I'll wait for the 4 hole.

Thanks again @Summer

21. started@52

started@52 Active Member

Anyone figure out the 10% discount code?

22. HerbieVonVapster

Edit went back couldn't find the listing the only Jatoba listed now is for a regular splinter.

The SplinterZ Jatoba caught my eye since it's a good deal. With the 10% off comes to $143.10. Paired it up with a the wismec DNA250 not a bad combo for around $200.

Going have to pass I'm leaving soon for a extended camping trip soon. By the time I return the next batch should be available. Kinda silly for me to buy it and leave sit on the shelf unused. Sure there someone else here that will snag this deal that will be able appreciate it more.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Alexis, almost there and Hogni like this.
  23. Hackerman

Hackerman Unspecified

Think Rodney Dangerfield in the movie Easy Money.

almost there likes this.
  24. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

If you know what it is @Hackerman don't play cryptic games, just post it so other thread participants can use it before inventory is gone.

analytika, Hogni and started@52 like this.
  25. kuzko

kuzko Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t posting it ruin the spirit of a “secret code”?

almost there likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors