Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexis

@Summer hi lass, a big thank you × 3:
1- Just for caring.
:tup:

2- for really looking into each of these situations and dilemnas to see if you can give us some specific advice individually (and I mean how you are constantly looking out for all of us Europeans and trying to work as a go between with manufacturers and retailers and members alike whichever vaporizer it is).
:tup::tup:

3- For the painstaking labour of research and homework you do monitoring Ryan's live feeds specifically and reporting everything relevant as well as trying to cover all bases and give him as much feedback as possible in order to improve and iron things out for everybody.
:tup::tup::tup:

So I phoned vapefiend earlier and had a very interesting discussion with Adam who is really genuinely nice guy. I explained the predicament and dilemma. He understood completely and he confirmed that all 15 of the units they received this week were indeed 2 holes, and that George was showing a beta unit in his video.

He said that George himself had decided to keep the order exclusively for 2 hole Z's for now.
There was still one left in stock you see so if it had been a 4 hole I may have asked to exchange it. But my mind is at peace now at least I didn't miss out that would have been nagging at me that's all.

We discussed the matter of airflow and individual preferences. Adam did tell me that the splinter Z naturally has slightly better airflow than the regular splinter due to the difference in the heater and this makes sense. I don't think I have seen anybody actually say that they are unhappy with their 2 hole splinter Z so far?

But I think a few people are not so satisfied with the airflow on the original splinter 2 hole versions.

So the slightly better airflow with the Z may be equalising this factor so that the draw restriction is slightly less noticeable.
Troy also has a 2 hole version himself and is completely happy with it, and he is a mega hardcore vaper who likes monstrous rips.

I did say to Adam that if I felt I would prefer the 4 hole version that I may contact Ryan and ask if there is a possibility he could include some 4 hole models in the next Vapefiend order.

He didn't rule this out as a possibility and we talked about the possibility that there may be a reasonable demand over here for 4 hole Z's. So it sounds like it could be on the cards for them to stock them if possible once they can gauge what demand and preferences will actually be like.

So we had a nice chat and I am very happy to have grabbed one, looking really forward to getting my batteries now and giving it a shot next week.

Edit- "OUT OF STOCK".

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

Hi from Spain, I was able to purchase one of the few splinter z from vapefiend :) Also I have a wismec Reuleaux RX2/3... The splinter Z will arrive next week and in the meanwhile I am just learning all I can from this great fórum in order to obtain the best vaping experience.
My questions are...
Can I run the mod in TC mode with is standard firmware?
If I need to update the mod with the FJ firmware.. can someone provide me a good link to download it?
I have found several links to apparently tubo evic or Funky junky firmware..and I really dont know which should I use...
Thanks in advance

http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72

HerbieVonVapster

Thanks for the quick reply
No problem.

I'm getting ready to do a little battle of the SplinterZ's since I have @ChooChooCharlie 2 hole model visiting here.

It got annoying plugin off the holes for testing the 4 hole. Since I liked the open airflow right off the bat I didn't do a ton of testing. I couldn't resist taking advantage of having both models available. Left is my 4 hole Right is @ChooChooCharlie 2 hole model. :science:
27xpawo.jpg

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
No problem.

I'm getting ready to do a little battle of the SplinterZ's since I have @ChooChooCharlie 2 hole model visiting here.

It got annoying plugin off the holes for testing the 4 hole. Since I liked the open airflow right off the bat I didn't do a ton of testing. I couldn't resist taking advantage of having both models available. Left is my 4 hole Right is @ChooChooCharlie 2 hole model. :science:
27xpawo.jpg
I'm glad it arrived safely. In case you didn't notice, there are stems inside Charlie's socks. I didn't wash the stems or the socks, so apologies for any funny smells they may emit.

:peace:

HerbieVonVapster

@HerbieVonVapster, looking forward to you comparison of the low & high airflow.

I think the 2 of you need to switch mods. I think the lacewood or leapord would look great on your mod & the black mod with your light maple.

Hehe never even consider the looks, since only using these paranormals for this test. There both loaded with same exact settings. Felt was easiest way with less wear tear on 510. Plus I can switch quickly stems btw them to compare results.

@ChooChooCharlie has a better mod he sent along to be used with his splinterZ.. The 2 vs 4 holes was more to confirm a few things that I thought was affecting temperature reading being incorrect on the DNA.

I'm glad it arrived safely. In case you didn't notice, there are stems inside Charlie's socks. I didn't wash the stems or the socks, so apologies for any funny smells they may emit.

Humm I thought at first that @ChooChooCharlie problem mighta been vaping moldy bud:zombie: I guess that smell was just Stu's socks. hehe Joking of course.
I'm not going to smell them but they do seem clean.

Much to medicate to get into my thoughts or trying explain what causing the temperature difference user are seeing with the FCSHARE files right yet. I have a good ideal but want to mess around a little more it before posting it.

almost there

Just wanted to share, I have found that edstnt.com
wood milania and splinter stem works as a 14mm wpa.

It also works great as a stem.

(I am a picture posting illiterate)
Mine arrived today and it’s fantastic!!!! It even fits the splinter’s 19/19 joint which I wasn’t expecting. Haven’t tried it with a rimmed screen yet but the fit is great with the joint screen that came inserted. The finish on the wood is so smooth and luxurious like the way those nostalgic ti-woody’s was. Gonna try to find a glass insert so I can keep the wood air path clean, if anyone have suggestions please pm me.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
My splinter Z just arrived from vapefiend. Its a 4 hole!

Was unsure if i would prefer a 2 or 4. I will try and report back. Could be a lucky mistake.

Edit: i am definatly happy with 4 hole. This vape proper slaps you in the face. Think its the most powerfull RBT vape i have tried. Never tried a zion but this is next level.

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Franklin.jpg

:lmao:
Holy shit that's hilarious. :clap:

Been trying some sessions in power mode, and 38 watts seems to be my sweet spot. The power mode in Funky junkys software has no cut off timer, it's a cruise, determined by how long you press the button.
The Splinter Z heats so evenly in any mode with no charring or hot spots. :luv:

Last edited:

Alexis

I re-watched @AJS ' great Youtube video again last night. He gives a great description of his feelings on the 2 vs 4 hole. He is more than happy with 2 himself and doesnt feel the need for more airflow.
But he also said he blocked the airflow off on the (Mi or Zion I forget now- it was late) to get better results. He basically argues the case that the vapor having less air mixed in with it, will be denser, (and maybe easier to milk but not quoting him on that.)

So it was interesting.
I need to do a search next Im sure I recall reading some instructions from Ryan about burnoff and blowing into the heater?
No mention of that by VF but I will check the instruction booklet.

@oddjobold damn you that was supposed to be MY Z!
Well Im pleased for you bro. Im sure it worked out how it was meant to be. Glad you like it so far.:)

@AJS thanks again for your awsome video review. Fairly moderate with the wattage too. You kind of suggest 36 w is about the max to avoid fire, as if any higher and the 2 hole may not allow enough airflow to avoid combustion, and this being where the 4 hole may have a purpose.

On this aspect, personally I dont see it being an issue there. Im sure I wont be needing bigger hits than yourself. Nice review though. :tup:

HerbieVonVapster

@AJS thanks again for your awsome video review. Fairly moderate with the wattage too. You kind of suggest 36 w is about the max to avoid fire, as if any higher and the 2 hole may not allow enough airflow to avoid combustion, and this being where the 4 hole may have a purpose.

I re-watched @AJS ' great Youtube video again last night. He gives a great description of his feelings on the 2 vs 4 hole. He is more than happy with 2 himself and doesnt feel the need for more airflow.
But he also said he blocked the airflow off on the (Mi or Zion I forget now- it was late) to get better results. He basically argues the case that the vapor having less air mixed in with it, will be denser, (and maybe easier to milk but not quoting him on that.)

Sounds right for wattage mode. Unless your have good breath control to slow intake or bought just to do huge rips your not really going to benefit from the 4 holes model in wattage.

In TC it's different and isn't the same effect as AJS is seeing.

In wattage the heat keeps building till reach a maxs that the wattage provides or you release fire button. If you draw to lightly can char load draw to strong you pull more heat off heater than the wattage can supply and you get a less dense hit.

Thats why I use TC. I use a much higher wattage with it. Since you only uses the high wattage to preheat or to offset a monster rip there's no issue with it charing. In tc mode you will have the extra wattage to keep up no matter the draw rate. Since i'm not overwhelming heater the hits remain dense and constant thru out the draw.

Alexis

Sounds right for wattage mode. Unless your have good breath control to slow intake or bought just to do huge rips your not really going to benefit from the 4 holes model in wattage.

In TC it's different and isn't the same effect as AJS is seeing.

In wattage the heat keeps building till reach a maxs that the wattage provides or you release fire button. If you draw to lightly can char load draw to strong you pull more heat off heater than the wattage can supply and you get a less dense hit.

Thats why I use TC. I use a much higher wattage with it. Since you only uses the high wattage to preheat or to offset a monster rip there's no issue with it charing. In tc mode you will have the extra wattage to keep up no matter the draw rate. Since i'm not overwhelming heater the hits remain dense and constant thru out the draw.
Thank you for that clear description, I understand so much from that now, also how TC varies and what the advantages are for example. I was pretty foggy on it still vs wattage mode.

I should really wait until I have tried the vape first before I envisage too much. The majority of vaporizers I like, the big hitters, I have a strange allergy type reaction to, but not all.
It is impossible to predict with this one. It may be a no, it may be okay.

If its good and I can use it, I am willing to get my head into this a bit and learn some ropes. Quite fascinating acfually how much tweaking, customising and dialling there is to do with the Splinter Z.

One one side, for somebody just wanting a good simple vape that works- it can be quite intimidating. But this is possibly compensated for by how cool it is for you all to have so much flexibility and a variety of options to explore to dial it in.

That makes it more fun and exciting in some ways. If I get on well with my Z, I imagine I would consider the Dna 250 (or other), opening up more possibilities. My mum only uses a vapcap, here and there. I gave her the Flowerpot I bought which I can't use at all, but it is a bit too much for her.

But I dont rate the vapor quality of the vapcap. It is on the far lower end of the medicinal scale IMO. The Flowerpot and Herborizer Ti are at the other end there.
A lot of others too, but massive variation between diff vapes regarding the transference of the full medicinal power of the plant.

So I want my mum to have better quality vapor. I will get her to try the Z. If she likes it she can have it or another. So the high quality convection Z vapor is a big attraction.
I also cant use rosin (recently bought a press and tried the first time) and have a new unused 710 coil and banger here.

So guess what? Mum gets to try some dabs next! If she likes it, I want her to become a
dab-head. Hehe, for real. For her health and mental wellbeing. She eats our edibles every day.
See the trend? I cant dab- give it to mum. Cant use my Z (?) give it to mum!

Fingers crossed anyway but dont want to get hopes up because I love this device already.
Thanks very much for the schooling @HerbieVonVapster . :tup:

AJS

Calm Consistency

So it was interesting.
I need to do a search next Im sure I recall reading some instructions from Ryan about burnoff and blowing into the heater?
No mention of that by VF but I will check the instruction booklet.

@oddjobold damn you that was supposed to be MY Z!
Well Im pleased for you bro. Im sure it worked out how it was meant to be. Glad you like it so far.:)

On this aspect, personally I dont see it being an issue there. Im sure I wont be needing bigger hits than yourself. Nice review though. :tup:
Thanks so much for the kind words! That was a great description too. I forget exactly what I said in the video, but your summary parallels my current feelings about the vape so you must've summarized well :D

Splinter Z still my top used vape, absolutely loving it. Having trouble finding the perfect balance between large hit and clouds in Wattage mode. I can get flavorful small medium clouds, or neutral massive clouds, looking for that huge full bodied flavorful hit though. The E-Nano was always great at providing superb flavor no matter the size of the hit. But then again, the hits couldn't get quite as large as the Splinter Z.

Either way, love the Z. I sometimes wonder what the perfect Wattage to airflow balance of the 4 hole would be like. I feel like that could be absolutely deadly. Still loving the 2 though andvery happy I have it. Maybe someone should start a poll on which they prefer. Would be interesting to see.

Fucking love fuckcombustion.

2po5zrr.jpg

Last edited:

nachooo

Thanks so much for the kind words! That was a great description too. I forget exactly what I said in the video, but your summary parallels my current feelings about the vape so you must've summarized well :D

Splinter Z still my top used vape, absolutely loving it. Having trouble finding the perfect balance between large hit and clouds in Wattage mode. I can get flavorful small medium clouds, or neutral massive clouds, looking for that huge full bodied flavorful hit though. The E-Nano was always great at providing superb flavor no matter the size of the hit. But then again, the hits couldn't get quite as large as the Splinter Z.

Either way, love the Z. I sometimes wonder what the perfect Wattage to airflow balance of the 4 hole would be like. I feel like that could be absolutely deadly. Still loving the 2 though andvery happy I have it. Maybe someone should start a poll on which they prefer. Would be interesting to see.

Fucking love fuckcombustion.

2po5zrr.jpg
Hello, are you using the splinter Z with your wismec releaux 2/3 in TCR mode? If yes Can you post your settings? Thanks in advance

nachooo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom