• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

farscaper

OMFG i want some of that sweet tooth! What yeild ratio did u get on thet? I wonder if i can find that bean! I must try that sweet tooth some day!

Edit: interesting... Do you mix all of it throughout the tube or did you pack in layers?

farscaper,

DreamTime

EDIT 2:
Here's a pix of both the black sheet normal baking PTFE: not approved IME vs. the brown one (reinforced with fiber glass) that I still have to test:

I picked up one of those black mats a few weeks ago (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CFG5F/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i02), and decided against using it. The problem is that if you take a razor and scrap the surface of the mat (like you would after spraying), you'll see black flecks on the blade. The coating on this mat can come off fairly easily (at least on the one I purchased).

DreamTime,

farscaper

Well, the mats we are talking about would negate the need for razors entierly... I would never have a razor around my oil slick pads, but at the same time... With the oil slick i NEVER need a blade...

Fuck scraping! Wer're folding here lmao

DreamTime

^^ the point being is that the coating isn't stable or well applied. If it can come off during a mild scrap with a razor, it could come off other ways as well. If you want to be dismissive and laugh off getting contaminates in your oil, that's certainly your choice.

farscaper

Not being dismissive at all... Simply pointing out that if you use a blade with these things they will get cut... And particles will be released... But that is not its intended function... The concept of using the pad is so that you do NOT need a razor. Hence the "never scrape again" pitch. They were designed to be solvent resistant, not knife resistaint! Its like saying that my skin isnt good at its intended finction if i cut it with a razor and i bleed...

Please take no offence as i did not intend my statement to be as such, but one cant blame the material for human error. And at the same time let us not dismiss the fact that obveiously you can concur that the black PTFE screen printing sheets are no good! Maybe because they are actually designed to let a very small ammount through... They are for screen printing after all, not bho making.

Edit: so it is clear, i was laughing at my lame joke, not the topic we are discussing... I am very mindful of my process and can happily report i have never had such a fine product as when i am using my oil slick pads!

farscaper,
Reactions: smokum

DreamTime

No offense taken. It's all good :)
I think we are on a quest for the same thing, just coming at it from different places.

I started out spraying into glass and then scrapping that up into smaller glass to vacuum, and quickly started looking for a better solution. I tried parchment paper and various silicon based products, but personally don't feel good about any of them.

Like you I've been trying various telflon, PTFE, and PFA based products, but so far have yet to find something that I'm really happy with... but I'm sure something better is out there :)

DreamTime,

farscaper

Have you tried any PTFE sample bags or beaker liners? Im really thinking about getting some... they had various grades and types of solvent resistaint materials as well... Lol and up to a 55gallon drum liner I recall

farscaper,

tepictoton

hey Flskwat, the black one is the same i am using, the brown one was a BIG faillure for me, so if you already had leaks with the black one, do not use the brown one, you will be pissed lol

I checked my sheets by putting water on them and see if anything comes trough. Secondly, i clean them up with a bit of alcohol, and I never saw any residue or black marks on it...:2c:and no, I do not need a razor, I jut fold...

tepictoton,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Yes as I saw your pix I was wondering!

weirdly enough, the folding method was not 100% successful with that black sheet (+ very very minimum leakage) and there was a little loss as I did not wanna scrap that black sheet!

I will stick to my oil slick pads in the future (no joke intended, ROFL)!

tepictoton

hihi, one could say there is no such thing as the perfect 'spraying sheet'...one will work diferently for another person...could almost be a discussion about vaporizers lol

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
OMFG i want some of that sweet tooth! What yeild ratio did u get on thet? I wonder if i can find that bean! I must try that sweet tooth some day!

Both runs cumulated: 21%, it was locally grown and freshly cured when blasted...FLAVOR OUT OF THIS WORLD :love: !

Edit: interesting... Do you mix all of it throughout the tube or did you pack in layers?
Majorly mixed, kief as last layer!

FLskwat,

DreamTime

Have you tried any PTFE sample bags or beaker liners? Im really thinking about getting some... they had various grades and types of solvent resistaint materials as well... Lol and up to a 55gallon drum liner I recall

I haven't tried the beaker liners yet, but they are on my list. So far I have tried:

None of these were a clear improvement over scrapping Pyrex. In addition to the beaker liners, I'm looking into PTFE film. I also saw a post on another forum where someone was claiming that the company who makes the oil slick pads is making a new product called the Slick Sheet. I have no idea if this is true, but hopefully it is, and they will use PTFE instead of silicon.

DreamTime,
Reactions: fake name

fake name

I also saw a post on another forum where someone was claiming that the company who makes the oil slick pads is making a new product called the Slick Sheet. I have no idea if this is true, but hopefully it is, and they will use PTFE instead of silicon.

The slick sheets are real, and they are ptfe.

fake name,
Reactions: DreamTime

tepictoton

Hmm looks awfully similar to the coocking sheets I have...Only difference I can think of is that the slick sheet mght be 100procent teflon, where as the coocking sheets are made of a teflon coating on top of fiberglass...

I think I will switch to the slick sheets when they become available just to make sure...

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
What's everyone's favorite temps when using slick pads? For me I've been using 160 degree water in a double boiler circle pyrex cup with the slick pad inside. The top of the slick pad is 106 the entire time of purging. Anyone go higher or lower, anyone willing to take a thermometer with them on their next run? Cheers

kushcabbage,

dannkk

Figured this might be a good place to ask for advice on this. I have some bubba kush x blue dream oil. It's fuckin ridiculous. Smells and tastes just like the bubba it was made from. The problem isn't really a problem, but it's all chalky, white and crumbly. Doesn't really stick to itself. Any advice on how to dab this stuff? Really hard to get it to stick to anything.

dannkk,

SD_haze

Figured this might be a good place to ask for advice on this. I have some bubba kush x blue dream oil. It's fuckin ridiculous. Smells and tastes just like the bubba it was made from. The problem isn't really a problem, but it's all chalky, white and crumbly. Doesn't really stick to itself. Any advice on how to dab this stuff? Really hard to get it to stick to anything.
There is a concentrate accessory thread just FYI but a double dabber like this one is perfect for dry crumble. Just flip the scoop and dump it right onto the skillet or nail.
They have different sizes/materials at $10-24
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/happy-daddy-baby-buddah-stainless-steel.html

the_big_buddah_titanium_dabber_double_end_happy_daddy.jpg

If you are using a nail, and your dome's hole is big enough, you can always duck it with your fingers. Just be aware body heat can melt it a bit so act fast!

SD_haze,

tepictoton

something like this?

jfyqoo.jpg

was my latest creation, came out totally honeycombed and was then broken up during transport. The way i found easiest is to first take a little ball to dab with, and then I do not wipe my dabber, leaving a bit of sticky residue to it, enough to some of the 'powdery'stuff to stick to it...:2c:

dannkk

Nah, should have mentioned. I have a curve.

edit: And yea...just like that. Maybe even a bit more powdery.

dannkk,
Top Bottom