• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
Yeah it is pretty cheesy how the Canadian version of amazon has none of these oil slick products.

Skeena,
Reactions: smokum

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
i got ya flskwat. was down to 2. grabbed another. will hit ya when they arrive
This man ROCKS!!!!!:D Thx bro'!

BTW I finally found a correct use of the small duo pads! Once I have done my big batch on the big pad, I transfer the end product to my small pads, press it in a sandwich between both pads, roll them like a cigarette and insert the tube in my hand pump fluid/vacuum chamber... Then you can vac-purge and the product is protected from any possible contact with the chamber's walls! ;)

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Managed to pick one up and can't wait to do a run on it, going to use my regular slick pad tonight. I have my glass extractor already packed in the freezer, should I freeze my butane as well? I would like to increase my return. Thanks

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I don't think there's a need to. It's going to spray out really really cold anyways. DO you have a towel and an oven mitten or two as well? Safety first, the tube is going to frost from how cold the 'tane comes out.

I actually also think this is why BHO is cleaner than ISO wash oil, because the butane is in a can it's propelled out and is much much colder than even putting ISO in a freezer. If we could get ISO alc down to the same temps as blasted butane, I think it would be just as good if not better. Anyone care to share their thoughts on this? Am I wrong thinking that?

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I don't think there's a need to. It's going to spray out really really cold anyways. DO you have a towel and an oven mitten or two as well? Safety first, the tube is going to frost from how cold the 'tane comes out.

Of course mate, I use a pair of motocross gloves, not my first run. Yes sir safety first. Freezing the butane does change it into more of a condensed liquid instead of a gas, I don't know if any pressure is lost. For an iso bath imagine if you somehow submerged a container of iso in liquid nitrogen to cool it down first. That would be a whole new set of concerns. Frostbite for one!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
by freezing your butane you will slow down it's propellant as it'll be more liquid. which means more end product in theory, however, the colder it is the less it'll absorb as a solvent (just like salt absorbs faster into hot water than cold) this does mean less waxes and a purer product, but not necessarily more end product. does that help?

to Q: for me it's because the boiling point is so low, not because it's run cold. low boiling point means it's easier to remove from product

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Dang, didn't realize it was you kush. Just gave some info off the top of my head without even looking hahaha. I'm curious as to the yields you get out of it if you do freeze it. Bob covered what I was going to say.

farscaper

I have a sprayer that I use to water plants, you pump it up and the sprayer has an adjustable nozzle... Not saying all would work, but the one I picked up at home depo was designed for insecticides... Good chance that it is also iso resistaint... Im not saying it would work, but its an idea for a way to pressurize the fluid... One would only need to seal the hose to the tube and you could run just like bho... IHO?

Example »------» http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=p...t1&hvrand=2019571279544178315&hvexid=&hvqmt=b

farscaper,

fake name

I actually also think this is why BHO is cleaner than ISO wash oil, because the butane is in a can it's propelled out and is much much colder than even putting ISO in a freezer. If we could get ISO alc down to the same temps as blasted butane, I think it would be just as good if not better. Anyone care to share their thoughts on this? Am I wrong thinking that?

Iso has a lower 'solvency' than butane, and becomes more viscous the colder it gets (wikipedia says at -70°c its like maple syrup). In as much it is more beneficial, a lot more, to have the temp of the Iso down than is to be gained from the low temp of butane.

Problem is, you get less with cold iso. That's why I'm a fan of the re-usable coffee filter step in the middle. Pour it through the re-usable filter before the paper filter, allowing the trichome heads prolonged exposure time but filtering out everything else. And the cold Iso works to rip the trichs off the bud. If done right, starting material (trim vs. Bud) makes less of matter on quality, only affecting yeild, with cold Iso. -10°f would be a good temp, but I wouldn't suggest longer than a minute total exposure time at that temp. If trim, just a straight strain in the reusable from the get go, which is more similar to blasting anyways.

dannkk

This man ROCKS!!!!!:D Thx bro'!

BTW I finally found a correct use of the small duo pads! Once I have done my big batch on the big pad, I transfer the end product to my small pads, press it in a sandwich between both pads, roll them like a cigarette and insert the tube in my hand pump fluid/vacuum chamber... Then you can vac-purge and the product is protected from any possible contact with the chamber's walls! ;)

Never posted, but when someone asked what they were for, I had the idea that they're so you don't have to crease your big oil slick. Instead of folding, you could use the small pad to collect your oil.

On the cold butane thing...it won't make a difference. The biggest difference between ISO and butane in terms of making oil, is that water dissolves into ISO, but doesn't dissolve into butane. The impurities that people can pick up in their qwiso are water based, like chlorophyll. This is why you freeze everything for qwiso. These impurities get trapped in ice crystals, and only the oil is free to dissolve into the ISO. This stuff just doesn't dissolve at all during a bho extraction.

fake name

The impurities that people can pick up in their qwiso are water based, like chlorophyll. This is why you freeze everything for qwiso.

As far as chlorophyll goes, it is the alcohol that strips it, not the water. Chlorophyll has both polar and non-polar parts, so semi polar solvents, like alcohols, are best for stripping it. Chlorophyll has a non-polar tail ring that makes it hard to dissolve in water, but it has a polar ring in its center, so non-polar solvents don't really pick it up either.

fake name,
Reactions: 2clicker

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Science is amazing to say at least! I fucking hate humid down south weather and how it auto-butters up my oil :doh:

Edit: I think it may have to do with my double boil method, only the edges turned auto-butter maybe the steam had something to do with it, middle is clear as a whistle and nice colors. I'll post another post purge.
tQtPk.jpg

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
humidity won't help, but letting steam into ur oil can't be helpful, either. i recommend a ceramic tile, heated to temp, oil on dish on that. ceramic will help hold heat and no more water. just a suggestion
Thanks for the tips! nevertheless I tried not to let some buddering let me down! Very strange texture, shatters like glass and oh so clean on my DG domeless nail, but workable with some finger heat. Don't have a scale but this was from first run of 10 grams. Has me very uplifted! Cheers mates :peace:
rQpKv.jpg

6UfaI.jpg

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
looks pretty
you have a DG domeless quartz too?!? awesome! where did you get yours, i want to recommend, but i got mine from the man himself and can't send people there. i love mine, you?

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: farscaper

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
looks pretty
you have a DG domeless quartz too?!? awesome! where did you get yours, i want to recommend, but i got mine from the man himself and can't send people there. i love mine, you?
I freaking love it! NVSglassworks hooked me up when I was looking for my DG mini can, he sent a picture of the domeless nail and I was like sweet I know this baller on FC who uses one, I'll take it :nod: I love the vapor resin coating I get from mine, nice to coat a cig in a bit of it after a long day. Dropping bho bombs on it is super fun! Lots of surface area and heats up in a sec with a small ass torch. Cheers bro, this dabs on you.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I freaking love it! NVSglassworks hooked me up when I was looking for my DG mini can, he sent a picture of the domeless nail and I was like sweet I know this baller on FC who uses one, I'll take it :nod: I love the vapor resin coating I get from mine, nice to coat a cig in a bit of it after a long day. Dropping bho bombs on it is super fun! Lots of surface area and heats up in a sec with a small ass torch. Cheers bro, this dabs on you.
that makes me so happy. am glad those are getting out into the community. cheers mate!

Bob Loblaw,

tepictoton

My new on the go little box :D

In Dutch it's called an 'oogenblikje' because it contains contactlenses. It's a word play, because one can also read it like 'do you have a spare moment?' Spare moment for what one might ask? Well check the damned box LOL

xd5xe.jpg

What you see: Biggest blob is an absolute
30njbed.jpg

Second one is the yellowish honeycombish (hehe) result from my last run. i reheated it, let it get to melting state, and revacced. After doing this 3-4times it came out all glassy and ambery. I am almost sure that by reheating it I am in a way decarbing it too. Some will say, hey then you are making it way too hot, but with each run I tested before and after and didn't find any remarkably noticable difference in taste and or effect. It does loose some of it's flavor, but for me personally, I prefer the look of glassy amber in comparison to budder. Not to mention the fact that glass is easier to store and will be good for a longer period of time (again, personal opinion).

third one needs some more love and attention, it totally buddered up again after two days...

sorry for the shtty pictures, they have been made with my phone...

Top Bottom