• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

farscaper

I ordered two of the small oil slick pads from ebay. I notice they have oil slick written on them where as the large one i got from ALT has no writing on it. Wonder which is the older model...?

farscaper,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I ordered two of the small oil slick pads from ebay. I notice they have oil slick written on them where as the large one i got from ALT has no writing on it. Wonder which is the older model...?

Hmmm, now I wonder also because I bought the 'set' on ebay & my large pad also has the writing on it as do the small.

smokum,

farscaper

The plot thickens... As i understand the newer ones were supposed to be a little thicker... Ill compair the two when the little ones get here... See if there is a diffrence

farscaper,

weedemon

enthusiast
with the slick pad so tinly how do you guys get it to stay on the pad and not spill over the sides? I would assume this pad lays in the same dish i would normally do my run in right? are you guys doing micro runs? (dont think my run are big) but I normally do 14-28g's (of herb) at a time. you guys??

weedemon,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
with the slick pad so tinly how do you guys get it to stay on the pad and not spill over the sides? I would assume this pad lays in the same dish i would normally do my run in right? are you guys doing micro runs? (dont think my run are big) but I normally do 14-28g's (of herb) at a time. you guys??

there are two sizes of slick pad, the large one can fit in your standard rectangle pyrex people use for runs

smokum

As MarcellusWiley says..... the large fits very well in the standard rectangle pyrex dish, and I had no issue with a 3oz run with 2.5 cans of butane (and believe I could have even run a bit more).

smokum,

tepictoton

the ones with the letter son them are supposed to be the older ones, the new ones supposedly do not hae the writing on them anymore

tepictoton,

weedemon

enthusiast
thanks guys but doesn't the pool pf butane do under the mat and get all over both sides? i kind of thought the point was to have no butane touch any part of the glass and all stay on the mat. but i find i usually have a pool of butane in the bottom of the pan.

too much tane compared to you guys?

weedemon,

farscaper

Weedmon. I use a 8x8 pyrex. When u go to flatten it in the bottom it green edges curve up creating a bowl effect that catches the tane. You just wanna push in slow into the dish with the pad in the bottom.. That way it doesnt fill up and spill over.... I posted a video of someone else using it a while back, but maybe ill snap a pic of the pad with a run next time.

smokum

the ones with the letter son them are supposed to be the older ones, the new ones supposedly do not hae the writing on them anymore

Dammit !!! That means I got old stock even since just receiving them :(

Oh well, I havn't experienced any issue other than non affecting swelling during use which returns to normal after evaporating. But, I'd be interested to see more on the comparisons of others using the two (hint hint) ;)

smokum,

farscaper

It will be interesting, if u show a pic of that swelling, i bet the new stock reacts diff, cause i get no swelling. Mine becomes kinda rigid and crunchy (doesnt actually crack, just feels frozen) and maybe there is some clouding, but other than that not much happens.

farscaper,

smokum

I'll try and get a pic of it (if it shows on it) next round.... it's very minor, but I never got any 'clouding' at all tho.

smokum,

farscaper

I think it may just be distortion from the temp of the butane more than anything. Curiouser and curiouser

farscaper,

tepictoton

Well, I have been using my teflon sheets for a bit now, and can say they work really nice. I spray directly on them, not a spick of tane in the glass, transfer the sheet after warm water purging straigth into my dessicator and vacuum purge...then let it cool down a bit to room temp and just collect it from the sheet...:2c: the oil pads might be better for storage. Pricewise it does differ a lot, the teflon sheets are only half the price of the oil pads, and teflon is known not to have any reaction to tane...

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Well, I have been using my teflon sheets for a bit now, and can say they work really nice. I spray directly on them, not a spick of tane in the glass, transfer the sheet after warm water purging straigth into my dessicator and vacuum purge...then let it cool down a bit to room temp and just collect it from the sheet...:2c: the oil pads might be better for storage. Pricewise it does differ a lot, the teflon sheets are only half the price of the oil pads, and teflon is known not to have any reaction to tane...
link to the teflon?

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

farscaper

I know over on TC they at some point were getting all over diffrent PTFE beaker liners and bags for spraying into. A beaker liner could prolly be set in the bottom of a tami to collect the tane... they could also be sprayed into while sitting in hot water...

Lot of options in PTFE. Just havnt had luck in finding that thread again to find the link to the PTFE products.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I know over on TC they at some point were getting all over diffrent PTFE beaker liners and bags for spraying into. A beaker liner could prolly be set in the bottom of a tami to collect the tane... they could also be sprayed into while sitting in hot water...

Lot of options in PTFE. Just havnt had luck in finding that thread again to find the link to the PTFE products.
ooohhh, beaker bag would be loverly. yea, i tried cutting a fitted circle of the oil slick for my tami and as i expected, the pressure of the system shoved it under. oh well, still plenty of pad for working with and ball and mini slicks are still doing the job. expensive experiment, but damn a beaker bag, do the runs a little slower at a little lower pressure, hmmmm...... if you do find that thread, let me know, and if i do i'll do the same.

tepictoton

I just get them in our local stores called 'kruidvat' and or 'blokker' over here in Holland. Mostly they are solled as teflon baking sheets.

i also ordered one sheet trough ebay for use with pressing drawings on shirts, but now i prefer the ones for coocking seeing they are probably checked a lot better for 'problems' seeing they are to be used in direct contact with food...

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Yep clearly and the link I've linked previously seems really convenient for your particular usage Bob:
industrial uses
chemical resistant
260°c heat resistance
can be cut as suited

farscaper

ooohhh, beaker bag would be loverly. yea, i tried cutting a fitted circle of the oil slick for my tami and as i expected, the pressure of the system shoved it under. oh well, still plenty of pad for working with and ball and mini slicks are still doing the job. expensive experiment, but damn a beaker bag, do the runs a little slower at a little lower pressure, hmmmm...... if you do find that thread, let me know, and if i do i'll do the same.

One of these days ill get me a tami... in the meantime... you will find that thread here:
https://tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=48556&page=5

this is what were talking about basically.
TeflonBeakerLiner__73365_zoom.JPG

There are more options that just this type/size too, so maybe u can find a vessel to place in there that will provide zero mess :tup: Fuck yea that would be the bee's knees and balls! and for those interested in skipping the thread, the PTFE stuff in the tread is sourced: http://www.fluorolab.com/

THEY HAVE 55 GALLON DRUM LINERS LETS MAKE SOME FUCKN BHO!!!!

On a note about the Oil Slick Pads. I have received the small ones that are offered on the ebay link previously discussed. I will post pics later for fun... I forgot to take pics of the last run... promise next time...
The only differences i can tell is in thickness... although its not a something i can put into a measurement... its like the feeling of the difference between 3ml and 6ml poly-film... you can feel it, but cant really measure... ? make sense?:shrug: but the small ones are so small its silly to think of doing a run on it...

smurf run. :lmao:

:disgust:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
wow guys, thanks for all the suggestions!
gonna have to do some reading and purchasing over the week. will report findings.

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: farscaper
Top Bottom