RN Dude

High all !
I admit to being new to the vape community, so forgive my ignorance. I just received my SSV and rode the cloud last night with the standard whip and mouthpiece. I added a saturn vapor tamer and a straight 6 percolator. Can someone explain how to hook all the pieces up together ?? We really enjoyed the cloud with the basics, but we would appreciate a little cooling/humidity. FWIW the SSV is with spherical ground glass and we have the hands free attachment. Thanks and vape on !

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
High all ! ...
Can someone explain how to hook all the pieces up together ?? We really enjoyed the cloud with the basics, but we would appreciate a little cooling/humidity. FWIW the SSV is with spherical ground glass and we have the hands free attachment. Thanks and vape on !

You chose the right vape! The HFA is a great help when using accessories. I would use the VT as your mouthpiece, so that the vapors has as much time to cool before entering it -so it doesn't warm up so fast. Making some sort of insulating jacket will help immensely, but realistically you will get 2-3 chilled hits before its not really working anymore.

Also, the perc should be in the same position, at the end of the hose acting as your highly modified mouthpiece. With some tinkering you could put the Perc inline, and what comes out of that can travel again through another tube into the VT...its possible to setup any configuration you want! You might need a few extra hands to manage it all though. Each has there own issues; the perc can be knocked over and spilled easily...the VT doesn't stay cold forever.

Fresh_Baked

I would use the VT as your mouthpiece, so that the vapors has as much time to cool before entering it -so it doesn't warm up so fast. Making some sort of insulating jacket will help immensely, but realistically you will get 2-3 chilled hits before its not really working anymore.

This is why I never bought a vapor tamer.

I love vaping but I don't like how hot and dry it is. I can take enormous pillars of smoke to the lungs from my bong and for some reason I won't cough and I'll barely feel it, but vaping makes me cough for like minutes on end and gag and my face will turn all red and my eyes will water...

It's quite a scene. When I try to hit the SSV commando and have a cough spasm like that the whole room stops and looks at me. lol. I almost can't use it without hooking it up to my bubbler or bong.

Also as much as I love my glass I don't like needing to have it out. I can't really put my bubbler or bong away because I always need them to vape. They're just really obvious paraphernalia and it's not like I live with my parents or anyone who goes in my room for that matter but it just kind of makes me paranoid. lol.

Moreso, bong water is disgusting if you don't change it after a day of use, even if you just vape through it. Not to mention once you combust through the water it's gonna taste like ass until you change it no matter what.

RN Dude

Thanks!! Used the SSV with the perc last night and had excellent results !! Will try tonight with just the VT and see how that does for us. It sure is fun learning !

grokit

well-worn member
These are perfect with the ssv...

ctc_4814.jpg

newnebula3small_1.jpg

:clap:
I'm also digging their new cosmic collection :tup:

Vitolo

Vaporist
This is why I never bought a vapor tamer....

I love vaping but I don't like how hot and dry it is.......... bong water is disgusting if you don't change it after a day of use, even if you just vape through it.....
I love using the Vapor Tamer (actually I only love the Fatty tamer.. the Saturn I do not care for)
Mine stays cold for half a dozen good hits. a half hour minimum.
I do like my hits hot and dry.
I hate water filtration, only I am more sensitive than you.... after even a hit or two, I can not approach a water tool without gagging!

11eleven11

Vitolo, why do you like the Fatty more than the Saturn? Just curious.

Per the VT discussion in this thread: I have the Saturn and I love it. I keep it in a bowl of ice when it's out, which makes it last a little bit longer than with nothing. I'm looking into getting a thermo-electric cooler or two, to put up against a glass cup with the VT + ice in it.

I have an idea, but I'm unure if it's safe to do or not. What if you took your VT, then put it in a glass of water, then froze it. Then when you get it out, you remove it from the glass cup, and you have a big coating of ice around it? You'd then have to somehow remove the ice inside the inner tubing with a stream of water, or somehow not get water in there in the first place when you freeze it. Anyway, is this something that could possibly crack the VT?

11eleven11,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I feel the glycerin/air path ratio to be "off"
In spite of appearing larger, my Saturn needs refreezing faster that the Fatty does
I also feel the Saturn is a bit unwieldy.. It makes the LSV a bit too top heavy if used directly that way, and used with my SSV it is not as comfortable for my hand.
I do not hate it, I just prefer my Fatty.
candidate.gif

11eleven11

This motherfuckin pinnacle hydro tube.. man.. they design it for this one certain purpose (their little vape), and now everyone who has a vape wants one. Lucky them. At least it's not like $150 anymore and has a discount. They were banking off that little glass weiner. And still are w/ the discount.

Korben

Thrilled
vJG5QTI.jpg

This has become my new favorite tool. Currently using it with a small bubbler, but soon going to marry it with a pinnacle hydro tube (should be the perfect angle/distance for me to take nice flavorsome hits while sitting at the computer).
:mmmm:

would like to see your setup when its complete.

BranFlakes188

Awesome, :rockon:

I was using a similar setup, but with the standard GG and about an inch more tube to give me a bit of flexibility.

Seeing a SGG makes me miss mine. Flavor was impeccable.

You are still going to have to lift the pinnacle hydro tube when clearing to prevent some blow back into the heater correct?

I'm not sure, I'll certainly test for blow back when it arrives, unless someone out there with a PHT can tell us? :shrug:

EDIT: I assume this is because you'd like to use it with the GG (hands free) and you don't want it blowing into the heater? I haven't been using my hands free kit as of late. I've just put the tool down on the desk after taking a hit and clearing it. The bend in the water pipe adapter is invaluable (my old problem was putting round glass things on ever-so-slightly-slanted tables).

would like to see your setup when its complete.

Will take some pics (maybe even a vid) once the Pinnacle tube arrives. I hope it hits well :)

BranFlakes188,

Fresh_Baked

Oh man. Damn it, I didn't want to buy any new glass this soon... Haha oh well.

I have seen that little thing many times and have always wondered what it was. I was interested in it because I almost require water filtration for vaping but even my small-ish bubbler gets to be cumbersome and a bit of a liability when I'm really stoned.

Does it work well with the SSV? Has anyone here tried it?

BranFlakes188

I'm curious too. If nothing else I'll let you know in a few days (depending on how long it takes Vaporblunt to ship the PHT out to me).

BranFlakes188,

Unconnected

Hey everyone, thinking of picking one of these units up soon. I have a few questions, i currently use an extremeQ, i have had it for about 2 years and had a vtower before that for a year, however in that time i couldnt stay on the vape, i kept switching back to punching cones (weed+tobacco in a one hitter, fuck, often out of a plastic bottle. Thats how we roll in aussie land) anyway, im putting those days behind me and quitting all tobacco and trying to go 100% vape. I picked up a cera so i can hit weed on the go to relive nicotine cravings and also get high on the go, and now im thinking long term i need a vape that can hit harder than the ExQ, because it was not enough in the past to keep me on the vape, i doubt it will be enough in the future.

Anyway i have some questions;

1. i hear that this vape is the hardest hitting of the whip vapes? this is what i want, the strongest hits i can get, the ones that will get me stoned as quick as possible. Im not concerned about herb consumption, is this the vape i need?

2. does anyone have any experience with the hands free adaptor for the standard wand? after doing research i feel like this is what i want, the std wand gives biggest hits and the handsfree gives me the freedom i need to not have to worry about my weed spilling everywhere. Im used to my extremeQ having the whip on it 24/7 for the past 3 years, im used to it. Anyway, is this adaptor good? solid? holds the whip on with a good airtight seal on the vaporizer and a strong hold on the whip so i can pass it around with out it coming off.

3. are the units all metal now? if i ordered one of the SSV website i will get a metal base yes?

Unconnected,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
1. i hear that this vape is the hardest hitting of the whip vapes? this is what i want, the strongest hits i can get, the ones that will get me stoned as quick as possible. Im not concerned about herb consumption, is this the vape i need?

I don't have any experience with any other whip vaporizer but I would find it hard to imagine any of them being a bigger hitter than the SSV w/standard wand. And depending on the size of the wand you get, the SSV can hold quite a bit.

If herb consumption isn't a concern, the SSV can be left on 24/7 with a whip loaded sitting next to it, ready to go at anytime, no need to preheat the glass. And since the whip is unattached, no worries about heat vaping your stuff while not it use.

And using my screen mod (listed in my sig), you can even do much smaller loads. In the video I had .05 gs loaded.

beach bum

:brow::brow:
Hey everyone, thinking of picking one of these units up soon. I have a few questions, i currently use an extremeQ, i have had it for about 2 years and had a vtower before that for a year, however in that time i couldnt stay on the vape, i kept switching back to punching cones (weed+tobacco in a one hitter, fuck, often out of a plastic bottle. Thats how we roll in aussie land) anyway, im putting those days behind me and quitting all tobacco and trying to go 100% vape. I picked up a cera so i can hit weed on the go to relive nicotine cravings and also get high on the go, and now im thinking long term i need a vape that can hit harder than the ExQ, because it was not enough in the past to keep me on the vape, i doubt it will be enough in the future.

Anyway i have some questions;

2. does anyone have any experience with the hands free adaptor for the standard wand? after doing research i feel like this is what i want, the std wand gives biggest hits and the handsfree gives me the freedom i need to not have to worry about my weed spilling everywhere. Im used to my extremeQ having the whip on it 24/7 for the past 3 years, im used to it. Anyway, is this adaptor good? solid? holds the whip on with a good airtight seal on the vaporizer and a strong hold on the whip so i can pass it around with out it coming off.

3. are the units all metal now? if i ordered one of the SSV website i will get a metal base yes?

Greetings and welcome to a great source of info for the SSV. We have the Extreme Q and purchased the SSV in search of a stronger experience. Have to say we found it and love it! You are correct - it did not help with consumption (your experience may vary), but did blow us away. We love it! We only bring it out in "times of plenty" and tend to default to the Solo at other times. However, the SSV is what we turn to if we want to take care of things in a hurry. :brow:
We do not use the hands free adaptor - so maybe somebody else can weigh in on that. We've never needed to go hands free, so never bothered to look into it. We have left our SSV on for extend periods (turned down) with no issue.

One of the best investments we've made. :2c:

hoorah

I don't have any experience with any other whip vaporizer but I would find it hard to imagine any of them being a bigger hitter than the SSV w/standard wand. And depending on the size of the wand you get, the SSV can hold quite a bit.

If herb consumption isn't a concern, the SSV can be left on 24/7 with a whip loaded sitting next to it, ready to go at anytime, no need to preheat the glass. And since the whip is unattached, no worries about heat vaping your stuff while not it use.

And using my screen mod (listed in my sig), you can even do much smaller loads. In the video I had .05 gs loaded.
Which bong is that Tweak?

My perc came Friday, broken in post grrr but 7th floor said they would send a replacement. However I didn't realise it was that small, it's like 50 dollars for the size of a shot glass??? I've asked them if I can pick something else, probably gonna go for something that fits on the end of the mouth peace tbh. Ice Chamber or Vapour Tamer, any good one people are aware of?

hoorah,
Top Bottom