Sour Deez

scooter said:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/412/tmp7586.jpg/

Sorry still gettin the hang of postin pics on this site. This should work.

Let me help you out brother..
tmp7586.jpg

btw..noticed you from de..small world

Sour Deez,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Vitolo said:
OhTheAgony said:
Would you perhaps considering enlarging the standard size of the pictures you post Vitolo? You often have interesting posts, but your photo's look so tiny on a high rez screen that it makes it hard to see what's going on in them.

Or do I just need new glasses? :cool:
I do tend to make the pictures small... Smaller even than I like to see.. but this was always in an attempt to not "Hog" too much page space.
I will do better!

Gotcha :)

If you use this program to resize your photo's it'll make the file size much smaller even when you keep the picture at the original resolution. So no matter how large it looks, it won't take up as much bandwith.

Mission accomplished?

click me

OhTheAgony,

Zed

I am the Dungeon Master of you.
Hello FC,

I purchased a slightly worn SSV and want to remove the jury rigging! I was hoping for some crafty help.

When I got it in front of me the "heater cover" fit poorly. When I looked closer there was a metal collar, wrap thing that was jammed into the base of the heater cover, it has a triangle flap pinched in that was at the bottom. the ceramic white plug is also loose, and the metal base that holds the ceramic plug is pulled out of the shaft a couple millimeters.

How do I properly secure the ceramic shaft?

How is the collar supposed to fit?

I'd love a link to some pics of a disassembly, YouTube isn't how I learn. I need pics I can zoom in on and contemplate.

Wish me lucky!

Zed,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I think that they ar "dressing on the cake'..
an addition to throw in on top of your screen for a bit of extra air flow.

Vitolo,

darkdane1125

Just ordered a Rainbow Black Zen for 150 bones via black friday special. So stoked! Gonna hook it up to my Mighty Chalice (by Jbird) and retire my MFLB to mobile use.

dY387.jpg

darkdane1125,

dooballx

So I was wondering what is site everyone uses to order SSV accesories (whips, screens etc.) Is the cheapest just the SSV site?

I wanted to buy a new hose, maybe a longer one (10ft). The default is 3ft right?
If i got a 10ft would it affect how hard or slow users have to draw because of the length of the hose? lol may sound like a stupid question.

Also, how often do you replace the screen and clean the wand? My hose has weed particles all through it but is not discolored at all. Maybe my screen is not secure? Sometimes I inhale a piece of weed. Thanks in advance for any help!

dooballx,

cluffy

Vaker
@dooballx: I use 7th Floor, not sure if it's the cheapest but they ship pretty quickly and it may be the only place to get the 7th Floor hose <not sure about that>. Till Nov 29th promo code "THANKS30" gets you 30% off (thanks aesthyrian, wish I had extra $ this week...)

I don't think you want to use 10 ft of hose, but you can!!! I used 6 ft of hose in a cooler full of ice once for a nice cool hit.

I clean my hose and wand when it's wandhash time, maybe once a month. Some folks clean daily, whatever feels right is the answer there...

Ran out of things to...

CHEERS!

cluffy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Same screen for 2 years now.. I wash it in 91% Iso every few days.
Screen always goes in DOME SIDE UP... weed sits ON the dome.
Yes sometimes weed gets in your mouth ... no big deal.
3 feet is the max you should use.
after 3 feet the vapor is cool, and all you are doing is wasting the vapor by letting it coat 7 extra feet of tubing.
You can order tubing (official SSV tube) from 7th Floor.. or Vapeworld or any dealer of reputation.
You can buy cheaper tubing from US Plastic, but it is not as flexible.
I have used the same piece of tube for over a year also... and it still works very well, and is yellowed but is clean.
clean that whip

Vitolo,

scooter

Dailo
Yea man, not to sound like a broken record but 3 ft of tubing is perfect, I wouldn't get 10 ft. Even when you have friends over, it's still long enough to pass around without having to hunch over. If you are gonna get tubing, the colored ones on 7th Floors website are pretty cool. It's a buck extra for the colors, but from wat ive seen, I think 7th Floor is the only one who sell the colored tubing.
As for the particles, the only thing I can think of is that ur grinder might b shredding up your herbs so fine to a point where some of it's just getting through the screen. I wouldn't worry about it, I got tons of hash particles in my wand. I think it adds a nice extra taste to my hits.

scooter,

scooter

Dailo
So Im about to order a custom wand and a new heater cover as well. They say on the site to check whether or not u have a steel or perforated heater stand. I just looked straight down at the base of my heater cover, and saw a metal base plate at the bottom. Does that mean I have a steel heater stand?
I just want to make sure that I was looking at the right part. Also I've never seen a perforated heater stand before so I'm not really sure what to look for.

scooter,

cluffy

Vaker
scooter said:
So Im about to order a custom wand and a new heater cover as well. They say on the site to check whether or not u have a steel or perforated heater stand. I just looked straight down at the base of my heater cover, and saw a metal base plate at the bottom. Does that mean I have a steel heater stand?
I just want to make sure that I was looking at the right part. Also I've never seen a perforated heater stand before so I'm not really sure what to look for.

All the info is on this page: the one where they talk about heater stands

I knew it wasn't too far back. I'm realizing google search is better than FC search, the FC page usually comes up in the results!!

cluffy,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
7thfloor's ebay store is back up, they have some really nice blemished wave riders up right now for anyone that's interested.

OhTheAgony,

mr.dead

alright guys! got my vaporizer on the way in, hopefully will have it by friday. here's the story... i've tried many vaporizers ranging from the cano to those shitty glass bulb vapes.

i've tried the v-tower and actually that was what i originally planned to buy. i'd say it's the first direct flow vape that i actually got stoned from. going on this forum pretty much taught me everything i need to know about vapes (or at least enough to get me started lol) last week, i ordered the extreme q but after i ordered it, i started reading this thread. that was my downfall, lol. i couldn't help but think that i had made the wrong choice. see, i'm a chronic bong toker at the moment and i really enjoy a solid hit and it seems like the SSV does that better than anything else. (i'm sure the EQ does fine though.)

this fact alone was enough to sway my opinion, but then there's all the cool stuff... i mean, seriously, the EQ looks like a kitchen appliance when compares to the dope style of the SSV. i'm really excited to get some custom accessories. of course, i'm sure the EQ would do the trick and i really enjoyed using the V-tower a lot more than any other whip style vape i had tried, but when it comes down to it with the EQ i feel like you pay a lot for some pretty unnesseary features (though the remotes neat, i know i'd loose it... i mean, really... "lets give stoners a remote and see how long it takes for them to lose it." sounds like some kinda science experiment.)

anyway, thanks for the plethora of information everyone! seriously appreciated.

i'll post a vid when it comes in, gonna try hooking it up to my gear bong! ghonna ride da waaaave.

mr.dead,

mr.dead

OhTheAgony said:
7thfloor's ebay store is back up, they have some really nice blemished wave riders up right now for anyone that's interested.

what should i search for to find the store?

mr.dead,

cluffy

Vaker
mr. dead, I think you made a wise choice. The simple design of the SSV makes it my favorite. The total control of temperature and ease of stirring between hits and checking out the load makes it a great vape for bong lovers. Once you find your 'sweet spot' you can get whatever kind of hit you want from the SSV. The tubing fits nicely into a 14mm female GG fitting, so you should be in good shape. Can't wait to hear your review.

<yeah, I know I got the poor man's SSV, but I wouldn't trade it for anything, it was my first serious vaporizer and I had a great experience modding it with help from FC'ers.>

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers" with lesser vapes!!! lol, just gettin' crazy, it's ok as long as it's in the right thread, right? Prepare to be happy, mr. dead!!!!

cluffy,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Just 2 quick questions for anyone who has the mini-wand:
1 - how full do you pack the wand? I've given it a few tries, filling it about 1/2 way each time.
2 - do you need to turn up the temperature over what you normally use?
I have been using my GG wand for the last few weeks, so when I switched back to the standard HC to try out the mini wand, I had to pull up my heating element because the GG HC is shorter than my standard HC.
I have been using 1-2 on the dial using my GG HC, but I had to go just above 3 to get better results with the mini-wand.

I'm just wondering if I need to be playing with the height of my heating element some more, or if the mini wand just requires higher temps...

Having said that, I would definitley reccomend the mini wand for anyone wanting to have smaller loads in the SSV.

Frederick McGuire,

cluffy

Vaker
Hi Mr, McGuire. Just for reference my heating element is about 1/8" from the top of my standard HC. I usually fill the mini 1/2 way loosely and it shrinks down to 1/4 or less as I vape. I think I may use a higher temp than i did with the GG set up, but it's been so long i can't be sure. I'm glad you're enjoying the mini, I've only heard one complaint about it and that was that the glass was too thin. I've had pretty good luck with mine breakage-wise, only broken 2 so far in a year and 1/2. You can load micro hits in the thing too!

cluffy,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Thanks for that, I think I might need to play with the heating element a little bit more, but at least I seem to be packing it right.

I love watching the load shrink down when you hit it.

The glass is definitely very thin, but I already have a backup, and the only glass piece I've broken since I started Vapeing (about 7 months) is 2 7th floor Sherlock arms...
So I'm not too worried about it.
My heart does skip a beat if it ever bumps my bong or something though...
There's nothing I dread hearing like the sound of glass clincking against something lol.

Frederick McGuire,
Top Bottom