scooter

Dailo
cluffy said:
scooter said:
I just want to make sure that I was looking at the right part. Also I've never seen a perforated heater stand before so I'm not really sure what to look for.

All the info is on this page: the one where they talk about heater stands

I knew it wasn't too far back. I'm realizing google search is better than FC search, the FC page usually comes up in the results!!

Nicce. Thanks again cluffy. I def have a steel base.
Just wondering if anybody knows what that thin, cylinder- shaped piece of metal that wraps around the base is, and why one of the corners are bent. I also found a small, thin, rectangular strip of metal. It kinda just popped out when i removed the heater cover, and now I have no idea where it goes. Anybody else have something similar?

scooter,

cluffy

Vaker
The thin cylinder goes on the base first, bent corner up, to make the HC fit tightly. The other piece is a shim in case the HC is too loose, it goes inside the cylinder if needed. You will get a new cylinder and shim with your replacement HC.

cluffy,

sublimeluvr

Today is the day that my SSV has finally arrived!! This is my first vape purchase. Super stoked!! I have only tried a whip vape one time before. Can anybody offer any tips on a breathing technique? Or is it just one of those things you gotta learn? I totally appreciate any help you can give. :brow:

sublimeluvr,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is a thing that you will learn....
It seems like there is alot to learn on those first days....
but BAM this is a topic so close to heart that we will be asking you for advice in a week from now.
breath evenly..... long pulls.... faster=cooler.
Congrats to you on this wonderful time... and ...
as much as I love giving tips and guiding, it is fun for you and exciting to try it a bit 1st then ask questions if you feel like you are not sure!

After a hit... stir while the load is still warm to avoid crushing crispy weed into dust... stir around and upwards to loosen the herb!

Vitolo,

sublimeluvr

haha yeah there is alot to learn. gotta get my rhythm down. I have been smoking for 18 years so vaping has a dif feel. I have to let go of that idea of feeling my hit expand in my lungs,the way smoke does. I keep waiting for that. haha old habits die hard i guess

sublimeluvr,

scooter

Dailo
sublimeluvr said:
haha yeah there is alot to learn. gotta get my rhythm down. I have been smoking for 18 years so vaping has a dif feel. I have to let go of that idea of feeling my hit expand in my lungs,the way smoke does. I keep waiting for that. haha old habits die hard i guess

Yea dude, it took me about 3 or 4 surf sessions to finally get it down. I used to pull real slow with knob turned to about 1:00. (hits were pretty heavy) But after reading this thread a little bit, I started with the knob at 11:00, and would crank it up a little every 2 hits. By doing this, I wouldn't burn the herbs nearly as fast, and the hits were alot smoother. But like u, I used to rip bong evry single nite before I got into vaping, so I still appreciate a heavy hit at a high temp every now and then.

And thanks again cluffy. Once again, u cleared shit up for me. I just wanted to b sure I didn't break my surfer

scooter,

mr.dead

i'm pretty much in the same place as you scooter and sublimeluvr, got my vape in this afternoon and spent a little while getting use to it. i think i've got the basics down and i was honestly surprised how easy it was to get the hang of it.... the thing can definitely pack a punch, especially if you fill it about 1/4 full (probably .3g) just hits you like a ton of bricks. one of my friend's roommates took a huge hit and fell asleep 15 min later, lol. i guess he doesn't smoke much though. either way, very impressed with the SSV in general. I got it in black with a yellow base and it looks damn sexy. the construction is as good as i thought it would be, but i'm actually surprised by how light the whole unit is. also, the bag is a huuuge plus in my opinion (no more stashing by 2.5ft bong in a backpack to go have a sesh at my friends.) hmmm, not sure what else to say really, kind of preaching to the choir here. definitely glad i went for the SSV over the EQ, i'm really looking forward to getting some custom glass for it. now that i've got my desktop vape situation figured out I need to find a handheld system. i'll post a mini-review video of the SSV pretty soon!

mr.dead,

sublimeluvr

Day 3 with my SSV and every day it has gotten better. Am hoping it keeps getting better every day for the first week

sublimeluvr,

VaporEyeSore

sublimeluvr said:
Day 3 with my SSV and every day it has gotten better. Am hoping it keeps getting better every day for the first week
Dont worry it does! :) I remember (just about) my first 2 weeks of ssv being actual quite euphoric and not sure I will get back there. So enjoy it while it lasts buddy Im actualy jelous of you first timers :)

VaporEyeSore,

scooter

Dailo
Ok sorry guys but I got another technical issue with my surfer. My brother, for whatever reason thought the knob wasnt on right.and decided that pulling it off would help. So I can put the knob back on, but there doesn't seem to b enough friction between the knob and the metal dial. So now I can turn the knob but itb doesnt turn the metal dial. I looked online how to put it on correctly and I still have the same problem. For now I wrapped a thin piece of Scotch tape around the dial to create more friction between the dial and the knob. Does this mean I should order a new knob? Anybody else Eve have this issue? Thanks.

scooter,

cluffy

Vaker
scooter, there should be a slit in the stem that the knob goes on, GENTLY open it up a LITTLE bit with a small screwdriver or such and your knob will be tighter.

cluffy,

scooter

Dailo
cluffy said:
scooter, there should be a slit in the stem that the knob goes on, GENTLY open it up a LITTLE bit with a small screwdriver or such and your knob will be tighter.
U always come through man. Appreciate it.
I wasn't home this weekend but I did exactly that as soon as I got back and it worked. Don't need that piece of tape on the stem anymore. Whew, I was hoping not to have to buy another knob.

Also learned to never try and fix something while extremely vaked :D

scooter,

Choism

Took the plunge! Thanks to this thread.
I put in my order for a black surfer (standard wand) with the GG water pipe adapter.
Can't wait!

Choism,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I roll with a black surfer and standard myself.
You will not only look good, but you will feel good!

Vitolo,

weedemon

enthusiast
scooter said:
Also learned to never try and fix something while extremely vaked :D

haha! you speak the truth my friend!

Choism said:
Took the plunge! Thanks to this thread.
I put in my order for a black surfer (standard wand) with the GG water pipe adapter.
Can't wait!

a damned fine choice if i don't say so myself! :cool:

you are going to like it if you haven't experienced one yet!

weedemon,

mr.dead

Vitolo said:
I roll with a black surfer and standard myself.
You will not only look good, but you will feel good!

I'm rockin the same set up, mine came in with a yellow base and I couldn't be happier. Looks dope and gets you high as a kite.

Some friends got an EZvape in yesterday and we compared it to the SSV... didn't even come close! it was nuts how much stronger the SSV's hits were. I've also gotten pretty use how to get the most out a bowl... I find if I start around 12:00 for my first two hits and move up from there I'll get 8-10 solid hits out of a 0.3g-0.2g size bowl. Stirring is definitely key as taking steady slowish breathes.

I've got plans to do a Cano vs. SSV video. Now that will be a fun experiment. From what I've gathered they both seem to do an amazing job and I would say are the best of their kind.

Random question, has any SSV owner gotten a chance to try out the PLENTY vape? I'm interested but not very sold on the design.

mr.dead,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Looks interesting.
I love my SSV! :brow:

...as for the PLENTY ------> I think I will stick with my LSV.... since the PLENTY is described as a "Hot Air Generator"... and seems to function as would my LSV (but with all the added gauges and moving parts included.. to fail, and wear out)

Vitolo,

scooter

Dailo
mr.dead said:
I've got plans to do a Cano vs. SSV video. Now that will be a fun experiment. From what I've gathered they both seem to do an amazing job and I would say are the best of their kind.
About 7 months ago, before I got my ssv, I was strongly considering a cano. Mainly cuz I was ignorant and new to the whole vape experience and figured the cano was the only good vape out there. I had tried these 2 other shitty whip style vapes, (don't even know their names) and figured if I'm getting a vape, it's gotta be the best. I tried the cano a few times at my buddies place just to be sure. Then, right before I gonna go back home (from college) my cousin introduced me to the Surfer after I told him was gonna get a cano. Talk about luck, I didn't need to try the surfer again, my mind was set. I ordered my ssv that same night. Prob a little rash, seeing that I had only tried it once, but I loved the experience too much to wait any longer. to think that I could be the owner of a cano had i not decided to talk to my cousin, really makes me feel happy.

I'm not saying that the cano is a bad vaporizer by any means. I just think the silver surfer is a much better buy. I don't own a cano but from my experiences with both a surfer and that, I feel that you have more control over your hits with a surfer, it's simpler, its more pleasing to the eyes, and I feel that the vapor you get tastes alot "fresher" than what you get from a cano. Plus I feel that because it's so customizable, any body can make their surfer unique to their style and preference. I don't mean to state the obvious, I'm sure all of us ssv owners feel this way. Just thought I'd share that story. I hope I didn't ruin your future review mr. dead. Ur post just made me wanna talk about this. I'd love to see a vid, or a more in depth review of the cano v. the surfer) I like seeing comparisons between whip style and bag vapes (even though I prefer whip)

scooter,
cool Scooter! :D The SSV is awesome! lol. Mine is severely limited by more source of buds. lol. I think it'll perform even better in the future!

Any electrical nerds know the answer to this question. Does the SSV draw a lot of power? Like if I leave it on all day, about how much would it cost me?

THANKS!

nerdinerdiness,
don't leave it on all day. Only have it on when you're using it. It takes all of three minutes to heat up that glass up.

biojuggernaut,

cluffy

Vaker
Just so you know, my DBV draws 18 watts at my 'sweet spot' which is about 1:00 on the dial. It is ok to leave it on for long periods though. I have left mine on for a week straight, no problems. This has been discussed before but I'm too vaked to go looking, I'm looking for a movie and a pillow... :ko:

cluffy,
Reactions: chililvr

Vitolo

Vaporist
Mine is at "sweet spot" (around one on dial as well) from 5 a.m. until midnight daily.
At midnight Im turn it back down to around "9:00" on the dial ... it is on 24/7 and has been for two years.
A couple of nights a week I forget to turn it down, and leave it on full blast.
Never an issue!

Vitolo,

PB88123

Vaporist
nerdinerdiness said:
Any electrical nerds know the answer to this question. Does the SSV draw a lot of power? Like if I leave it on all day, about how much would it cost me?!

If you leave it on 24/7 it will add $2-$3 a month. (depends on your price where you live)

The iPad is around 13 watts while charging and my SSV is around 20 watts.

PB88123,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I actually did a test running my SSV on a circuit of its own to measure the kw used.
(joules of energy every second.)
Based on the reading at the end of the day the SSV used at full power, approximately .06 for a day.

Vitolo,
Top Bottom