fortyfootfall

Shadow, if money is a bit tight, you could probably save at least $30-40 by buying it off ebay.

I got my SSV about two weeks ago after a particularly blunt-filled weekend that my lungs didn't agree with. It came with a grinder, carrying bag and everything for $215 shipped. Very glad I spent money! I like it so much I've already bought a spare whip set and a custom wand!

Now I just got a Joye Ego E-Cigarette. No more blunts and cigarettes for me!

fortyfootfall,

captainmo

Anybody know of any current deals going on for the SSV?

I'd like a black on black, but any other subtle color is fine (silver on silver, etc) and a regular heater cover.

captainmo,

2clicker

Observer
captainmo said:

I'd like a black on black, but any other subtle color is fine (silver on silver, etc) and a regular heater cover.

check ebay

2clicker,

RGNSUP

captainmo said:

Get a silver base and draw on it!

RGNSUP,

Tooter

Hi there , been using my SSV now for about 4 weeks, but I use a bong so it catches all the fallout.
just wondering how people use the SSV with just a mouthpiece without getting mouthfuls of herb?
My screen is on the correct way but my tubing and bong seem to catch a whole lot of herb.:/

Tooter,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Tooter said:
Hi there , been using my SSV now for about 4 weeks, but I use a bong so it catches all the fallout.
just wondering how people use the SSV with just a mouthpiece without getting mouthfuls of herb?
My screen is on the correct way but my tubing and bong seem to catch a whole lot of herb.:/

Yeah its unavoidable having some herb sucked through the screen after a while. After the herb gets vaped a bit it gets dry and brittle, stirring it will make it break up some into powder thats fine enough to suck through the screen. I resisted my urge to stir too often or too vigorously to help cut back on this. Also, i allowed my screen to get caked up a bit and that seemed to help compared to using a totally clear screen. A finer screen of the same size would be a nice replacement to help reduce this as well. One as fine as teh LB screen would be great. Oh, and hit speed effects the level of suck-through too. Run low temp and hit slower than normal, which is how i did it normally anyway.

steiner666,

Tooter

Ah thanks Steiner, occupational hazard, doesnt worry me with a bong on the end, and theres always plenty of wand to hash to go through ;)

Tooter,

Xare

Tooter said:

I used to get alot of plant matter in my mouth and throat till I switched out the screen with one that is larger.

The screen that came with the vape was stiff and small just covering the wand hole. It would work ok once it was stuck in place with some coagulated hash vapor. But it was very easy to move if you tried to stir the bowl with your pick and scrape the screen.

So I put in a larger screen that is more bendy. It covers the hole in the wand alot better and the screen bends some up the side of the wand bowl. The entire curved area of the wand bowl is covered by screen instead of just the wand hole area.

The larger screen holds its place better in the wand and you can scrape and stir with no worries of moving it and getting particles through your whip.

I find that my wand hash is alot more pure with the larger screen. Much less plant matter gets past.

When I first got my SSV i thought i was going to have to get an ice chamber because its nasty to suck some plant matter into the back of your throat.

But once I swapped out for the bigger screen I had no more of these problems.

On a very rare occasion a small piece of wand hash will break free and pass through the whip but its hash not plant matter. So its not as unpleasant.

Xare,

max

Out to lunch
Xare said:
The screen that came with the vape was stiff and small just covering the wand hole. It would work ok once it was stuck in place with some coagulated hash vapor. But it was very easy to move if you tried to stir the bowl with your pick and scrape the screen.
If the screen moves easily once it's properly seated in the wand, then the wand is technically defective and 7th Floor should replace it if you let them know. One of my extra wands was like this, and it never should have been sent out to a customer-poor quality control. The supplied 5/8" screens should be a tight fit once installed, and you should be able to immediately scrape the screen with a pick, without it moving.

max,

Xare

Yea, one day Ill get a backup wand and I will be able to compare it to the one i currently have.

I got this wand from vaporizer kits.

Xare,

Knighty

Hi guys, first time buyer. I'm actually having a bit of an issue trying to order my SSV directly from 7th floor.

I tried placing an order for my SSV last night, but for whatever odd reason, it timed out after I clicked "Submit" to confirm the order, and popped up with an error window saying "Gateway Error: Transaction Declined". So I tried ordering it again about an hour later, and it was the same result. I tried to contact them directly on their support page, but it wouldn't allow me to submit the problem to them.

What's really weird is this morning my bank actually called and wanted me to go through an automated service to verify that my card wasn't being used for fraud, and it listed off the two order attempts for the SSV from last night, even though they never went through.

At this point I've just about given up ordering directly from the 7th floor website, and I think I'll either be using vapeworld or vaporizerkits to get my SSV.

Knighty,

stinkmeaner

Then go to Ebay, they have the Silver Surfer for $190 'Buy it Now' direct from 7th Floor OR you could use one of our suppliers in the retailer thread, most offer 12-15% discount for FuckCombustion members.

stinkmeaner,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Okay, after speaking with a 7th Floor rep I think I am getting kinda excited for this new line they are releasing.

Introducing (sorta) the Wave Rider Series (aka Sublimation) In essence, you can take just about ANY (non copyrighted) picture and have it put onto your SSV! Here is some of the word from a 7th Floor Rep regarding this -
I am still getting the specifics dialed in for theinformational page, but on a basic level I can tell you that the housing is powdercoated white, then a special clearcoat is added. The image is then printed on sublimation paper, and baked on. During this process, the image 'travels through' (techinical terms, for sure) the clear coat and sandwiches itself between the powdercoating and the clear coat. The feel is awesome, the quality and resolution are fantastic.

Of course Im sure some of you are going to bitch about the pricetag - I say please leave that in another thread :) (Please) This looks like a cool idea for those who REALLY want to customize their SSVs.

http://silversurfervap.com/silver-surfer-vaporizer/wave-rider-series.html

AGBeer,

RGNSUP

AGBeer said:
Okay, after speaking with a 7th Floor rep I think I am getting kinda excited for this new line they are releasing.

Introducing (sorta) the Wave Rider Series (aka Sublimation) In essence, you can take just about ANY (non copyrighted) picture and have it put onto your SSV! Here is some of the word from a 7th Floor Rep regarding this -
I am still getting the specifics dialed in for theinformational page, but on a basic level I can tell you that the housing is powdercoated white, then a special clearcoat is added. The image is then printed on sublimation paper, and baked on. During this process, the image 'travels through' (techinical terms, for sure) the clear coat and sandwiches itself between the powdercoating and the clear coat. The feel is awesome, the quality and resolution are fantastic.

Of course Im sure some of you are going to bitch about the pricetag - I say please leave that in another thread :) (Please) This looks like a cool idea for those who REALLY want to customize their SSVs.

I bet they got that idea from mine! I had my cousin draw on mine and it came out awesome.

RGNSUP,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
We are still ramping this up, but I thought I would give the FC members an early heads up....

This is for those looking to take their customization to a new level, we are super excited to announce a new option for the SSV...fully custom imaging on the housing. With this new Wave Rider Series we will have vapes from featured artists, but also you can put your own creation on the SSV! We only have one vape to show currently, (the rest we have made are for bands and we aren't allowed to show them...yet) but within a few days we should have some more to display on the site. The quality is killer, we use a white powder coated housing, apply a special finish to it, then with a sublimation process bond the image in between the powder coat and the gloss finish. Again, more information about the process will be available soon on our site... As long as you own the image/design, or the rights to it, anything is possible!

Email me(Chris) at waverider@7thfloor.biz if you have any questions.

TwoWayTopper.jpg

Vapetologist,

gim

What would be cool is if it had a sleeve that would allow us to insert our own design(and change it up)

gim,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Awesome! There are just so many images that would be absolutely hilarious on a vape. Think knob placement.

gim said:
What would be cool is if it had a sleeve that would allow us to insert our own design(and change it up)
That is a pretty good idea. I will throw it at the wall on Monday!

Vapetologist,

bussinrounds

Ok, 1st post. I tried vaporizing once at a friend's once ( volcano ), but didn't really "get" it. ( I think i was combusting earlier that day anyways ) I recently went into my local head shop and saw this glass piece sticking out of a hurricane, so i asked the guy what it was. He told me it's to use for vaporizing with the hurricane. http://wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=6mYoAfslZEI

My chest has been starting to hurt from combusting, and i already have a hurricane, so i decided, wtf, i'll give it a try . I got home, started doing a little research on vaporizing and really liked what i was reading about it !

Anyways, it came with a female piece to stick in the ash catcher ( stick a screen in and load it up ) the cone shaped piece which fits on top of that, ( part you heat up ) , and the torch.

I used it for a couple of days, struggling to get it hot enough sometimes, but sometimes pulling some nice vape hits ! Mabye i need more exp with it ? Then i tried combusting one a few days later. Disgusting. ( it was sour diesel too !) I don't think i can go back anymone now. :)

I guess i'm converted now so i figured i shoulld get a real vaporizer, instead of heating this glass rod up with butane, and my research has led me here. I would like a hard hitter ( more vapor/less air ), somthing basic, but quality & reliable. And somthing that i can use with my hurricane. I'm new to vaping though, and this one has been described as stick shift as opposed to a manual transmission. ( easier type vapes ),

I was also looking to get something portable too. Everyone seems to like the MFLB. Can someone leave a link to the retailers thread, my ps3 browser isn't showing the thread tiles.

bussinrounds,

slurpeejerky711

i would shit a brick if you guys are making a rage against the machine ssv, but otherwise, if i get one, i think id get a custom one with a bunch of anti-pot logos :brow:

the one in the picture with the cherry looks extremely wild chris, is that one gonna be available?

slurpeejerky711,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
They do look pretty cool. A shame that I bought my SSV back in late August. But that doesn't stop me from getting this :)

I've read the guidelines 7th Floor have for accepting images; and I'm curious....would you guys accept an image of Kim Jong Il? Considering that there is no way in hell he could ever come to court. I've got a Korean friend who would love to hit an SSV with his image on it. Sorta like a giant 'sticking it to the man'.

Thanks

Tom

tdavie,
Top Bottom