Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
tdavie said:
I've read the guidelines 7th Floor have for accepting images; and I'm curious....would you guys accept an image of Kim Jong Il?

I will do everything in my power to get this through...hilarious.

Vapetologist,

bussinrounds

Can anyone help me out, i'm new to vaporizing. I want to get an ssv and a glass on glass attachment for my tube to use with it. ( like rabican's pic on pg 34 post #835. The guy at my head shop said the measurement was 14.5 mm for my piece. And i also want to get one of those VB mini whips. What else should i get, any extras ? Someone mentioned something about a cover to use with the mini whip ? And should i order straight from 7th floor, or somewhere else ? Thanks.

bussinrounds,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Try 7th Floor directly. Email them at customercare@7thfloor.biz

Jessie and Chris have both been very helpful in answering all of my questions as well as getting me exactly what I am looking for. :)

AGBeer,

bussinrounds

Now i'm thinking about it more, screw the plastic tubing, i'd rather have an all glass route system to use with my bong. It shoud taste the best that way. What would be my best option ? One of those heat wands ? Should i wait for somthing that's comming out, for an all glass path, and just order a pd in the meantime ? They sound very economical, great for an everyday type vape, and the fc community seems to like them. I've been trying to read alot but i'm brand new to vaping , :lol: and they're are so many threads with ALOT of info ! But i do know one thing, and that is, i am DONE with smoking !

bussinrounds,

george

bussinrounds said:
Now i'm thinking about it more, screw the plastic tubing, i'd rather have an all glass route system to use with my bong. It shoud taste the best that way. What would be my best option ? One of those heat wands ? Should i wait for somthing that's comming out, for an all glass path, and just order a pd in the meantime ? They sound very economical, great for an everyday type vape, and the fc community seems to like them. I've been trying to read alot but i'm brand new to vaping , :lol: and they're are so many threads with ALOT of info ! But i do know one thing, and that is, i am DONE with smoking !

The LSV, new 7th floor vape. Check it out

george,

george

bussinrounds said:
Where's the info/reviews for it ? Is it brand new or somthing ?

It's quite new. I'd suggest hanging around the LSV thread for about another week or so as more reviews come in. Then you can make your decision.

george,

bussinrounds

Thanks. I'm using the browser on my ps3, and the thread titles aren't showing until i click on it for some reason. There's no "general discussion" forum here ?

bussinrounds,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Also, I think I may have posted this to another forum, but indeed the tubing that we use is specially made for us, we went to the manufacturer of the highest quality food grade tubing, and asked them to make the tubing much softer. We have it in four colors in addition to clear of course.

Vapetologist,

rayski

I purchased a "slightly blemished" silver Silver Surfer from 7th floor on Ebay yesterday for $180. I added a travel bag for $15 and wound-up paying $205 for both including shipping.

I bought the ss Sunday night and the bag yesterday after 7th Floor wrote they would combine the shipping. And they shipped it Monday!
Can't beat that but the offer for ss is over in less than 24hrs.

I think a blemish just adds character. Now I'll have something to bring when I visit.

rayski,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Muahahahahahaahahahahaha I am super duper stoked!

My Mind Eraser SSV JUST ARRIVED ON MY DOORSTEP! I opened the box and sadly had to stash it immediately (company still here) but I did manage to take a small peek at it...

Wow, the artwork on this thing is just stunning. All done with a 'laser' (insert Austin Powers joke here) and its just beautiful. The padded carry bag that comes with it is very nice and plush (has a place for your wand and mouthpiece) The only thing is, I think they *may* have forgotten to include my hose with it. I looked through the pouch (kinda quickly) but I wasnt able to locate it. Not a huge deal, I still have the tubing from my SV and Im pretty sure that will work as well.

I just cant wait til tonight when I get to fire that badboy up for the first time!! (And of course get pics) :p

*EDIT* Excitement makes you do silly things sometimes... The hose was not forgotten - I just needed to look harder :p
Pics to follow soon!

AGBeer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Okay, I just finished taking her on her maiden voyage. Interesting as I have never hit this vape (or any other wand based vape) before. I packed the bowl maybe a hair less than 1/4 full and started around 3oclock. (Off is around 7-8 and full blast is 5-6ish I think)

It was kind of interesting to be able to see the the herb AS I was vaping it, and my session seemed more intimate and prolonged. One thing that really caught me by surprise, was the really easy airflow of this vape. Similar to the LB, you have to be mindful of your draw speed. (Moreso than with my SV) I was a bit nervous for a minute though as I was starting to question if this vape would be able to make my ABV look like it can in the SV. No probs there :) All in all, I think I am very pleased with my acquisition of this vape. While I dont see it being a daily driver, I do look forward to getting much more usage out of it :)

Speaking of which... :brow:

*EDIT*

Damn... After that second session, I think I might be a believer. I just roasted some of my sour d and packed it a wee bit fuller. It kept hitting and hitting and hitting and hitting...
I ended up more than satisfied but it did use a good amount but damn... If that wasnt just satisfying. This might end up being the weekend warrior.
*POOF*

LOL I also just realized that my pick has a pumpkin on the end of it. How cute :)
Damn... Havent even had the thing more than 24 hours and already accessories are running through my mind. (And I swore this would be the last vapor related purchase for a while) Damn you and your accessoribility... *Sigh*

AGBeer,

Damascus

Is there any kind of independent safety testing performed on any of these vapes (ssv or all vapes in general)?
Are there any health issues relating to the ceramic heating element?

Damascus,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Damascus said:
Is there any kind of independent safety testing performed on any of these vapes (ssv or all vapes in general)?
Are there any health issues relating to the ceramic heating element?

Ceramics are inert like glass, so unless you damage the element, you will have no problem. We run them full blast after they are completed to burn off anything that may have collected on it during production.

Vapetologist,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@ AGBeer - Glad you like the SSV. It's quite something. I'm coming from Iolite > Extreme > Launch Box. Don't use the Iolite any more, at least for the time being. I'd use the Launch Box, but have, ah misplaced it somewhere.

I switch back and forth between the Extreme and the SSV. I usually have the Extreme running for about 4 hours, and then I switch to the SSV about 2 hours before I go to bed. Using a heavy indica, and hitting my SSV at 12 (it turns on at about 5 oclock, and hits maximum at about 2:30) is better than any prescribed sleep aid :)

And yes, the wand does draw very easily. If you haven't found out already, be prepared for some monster rips.

I managed to gum up one screen with some hash, but replacing the screen was fairly easy (tokinglx's video on youtube on how to change SSV/DB wands helped).

Tom

tdavie,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
I have seen some posts about knob position (comparing 'what time' it's set at) - we just wanted to say that we recommend that once you get your element to your ideal temperature, remove the knob(without adjusting the setting), then replace the knob with the indicator at the top(12 o'clock). That way you always know that high noon is the right setting. This also works on the DBV and LSV.

steiner666

Serial vapist
tdavie said:
... managed to gum up one screen with some hash, but replacing the screen was fairly easy (tokinglx's video on youtube on how to change SSV/DB wands helped).

Tom

dude, next time just turn the temp up a bit higher than normal and take a few hits on the empty wand with the caked screen. I was always able to get 5-15 good hits off a hashed up screen, and it works great for clearing it out. Never really had to replace the screen doin it that way. In fact, before i harvest the wandhash on a wand i vape the hash off the screen as best i can and then do the ISO soak by plugging the bottom and pouring ISO in the top and letting it seep down through the screen, then shake for a bit and dump it out the bottom. So i didnt even remove the screen when cleaning it. This helped build up a layer around the edges of the screen that prevented any little bits from getting around it, like they occasionally will with clean screen/wand.

steiner666,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
steinerr666; thanks, I actually did not think of just upping the temperature a little bit on the gummed up wand....just swapped it out for a new screen. But at least I've been savng the screens. The wand though (purchased Aug 23 if memory doesn't fail too badly), is starting to be a dark brown/reddish colour and could definitely be cleaned out. Thanks for the specifics on how you harvest the wand hash; I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Tom

tdavie,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
*everyone that doesn't feel like reading this rather lengthy first post: please feel free to skip straight to the question at the bottom.

Hello fellow herb lovers,

after lurking here for a few days I decide to join and say hi. First of all, thank you all for sharing your experiences and thoughts, It sure helped me a lot with choosing my first 'real' vaporizer and I learned so many things about vaping I didn't know before. I almost bought a cheap Kia vap (they're really cheap over here, just 30 euro's or so), but then I found a thread about it here on FC and decided to stay away from it. After researching pretty much every vap that's available atm I know I will need to spend a bit more if I want to enjoy my first electric vaporizer for a while. So far I own a couple of cheap portable blulb vaps you have to use with a lighter, and I've tried a Volcano once but couldn't take myself serious sucking out of a plastic bag. That's about how far my vaporizing experience goes, apart from a few experimental tries on weird contraptions with heatguns back in the early 90's and a heavenly rendez vous with our local pride: De Verdamper.

After reading all the reviews etc. I'm pretty sure I will own a PD somewhere in the future (or in my case a Pandora), but I chose either Da Buddha or the Silver Surfer to start with since I'd really like the idea of having a whip and because I think it might help to make the transfer from regular smoking a bit easier because of the powerful hits it seems to able to deliver (I like being knocked out). I almost ordered myself a black DBV yesterday because I thought I was sure I wanted a hands free type of whip, but ever since I found out about these two models I've liked the looks of the Surfer slightly better. So I went back to the research and started looking in to the reasons why some of you preference a non hands free type of whip over a hands free whip so I could justify getting the prettier but more expensive Surfer over the also very lovely Buddha.

After a lot more reading and watching Tokens video's I can see the advantages of both systems, but I'm leaning more towards the Silver Surfer now. Most Buddha owners seem to take out their whip in between hits anyway to preserve weed, so having a handsfree whip starts to look more and more pointless to me. Plus I also like the idea of having a slightly more concentrated vapor and a way of adjusting the direction of the air stream. The downwards angle of the heatcover also sounds like a big plus to me, and the reports of the problems with the heater and temp adjuster of DBV didn't help it's case a lot as well.

My only doubts are: *is the Silver Surfer a good choice for a beginner? I know it'll take some time to learn which temp settings to use, how to inhale right, how to pack a proper bowl, etc. I can imagine learning how to angle that whip right isn't an extra complication one would want at that stage. I can always order different glass and upgrade a more affordable Buddha later on if I want to try a non hands free setup after all, even though I'd rather not to since 7thfloor stuff is hard to get over here and shipping costs from the USA are pretty high. (I hope they find a good European distributor soon)

OhTheAgony,

Nycdeisel

I think that both the DBV and SSV are similar, they are both nice sturdy whip type units. I started on a different(less quality) whip type unit, that had flaws making it more difficult then say my current DBV, but I kept on going.

It depends what your looking for in a vaporizer, really. I cant say if its for you or not. Its defintely not rocket science but there is a certain science to the whole thing. FYI I didnt read the wall of text

EDIT: The angle of the whip on the SSV is THE BEST of any whip type vaporizer. the first one I started on had the COMPLETE OPPOSITE ANGLE and it was horrible, but I used it and enjoyed it for the time being(even though it wasnt such a quality unit, I know better now).

Doing your research on here, you will find LOADS of tips on all of those 'issues' you mentioned. Be more confident, once youve done your researcha nd can justify your confidence, of course :)

good luck!

Nycdeisel,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
All of my smoker buddies that have hit the SSV have had NO issues whatsoever. Personally, I am more comfortable with sharing my SSV because it is NOT a handsfree vape. The chances of something accidentally getting pulled out by an attempt to pass are greatly reduced. Besides, I just like to be able to slowly watch my herb get toasted while Im vaping it :ko:

Ive never hit a DBV, but I think that I can say Im still preferential to my SSV any day of the week :)

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks for the input people. But I think summing all that up in my first post helped me realize what I really want.

I just ordered a blemished black SSV (BSV makes more sense to me) from the 7thfloor e-bay shop. The price was to good to pass up on, I figured I'll just repaint that base plate if I happen to get a real nasty colour. Now all I have to do is keep my patience till it gets here and keep my fingers crossed the blemish isn't to bad So glad I can finally get some sleep now I'm done researching :o

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom