Nycdeisel

Nice! hope you enjoy it. Look on here and at tokinGLX on YouTube. He even has a Vape tender video giving some basic tips for vaporizing. and even used to sell 7th Floor products, but no longer does. I heard those blemished models are a good deal!:)

Nycdeisel,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks again! I can't wait to try it out and get to know it intimately. I hope it gets here before christmas, Dutch customs can slow down the process quite a bit.

I've seen the video and will probably watch it a few more times before I can finally try mine out. Is Tokin still posting here? I read he went MIA or something.

OhTheAgony,

Nycdeisel

Yea, I dont see him on any forums anymore, and the site he was selling from is not really working :lol:

HOWEVER, he is still posting his Tokin Daily video series on YT, which I must admit I am a close follower of :cool:
Damn, you are in the Netherlands, thats fucking awesome. I always wondered why they dont have an abundance of a good selection of vaporizers where there is an abundance of herb! crazy

Let me know if you have any questions that dont involve the parts of teh SSV that differ from the DBV. I have had mine for a while, and have learned all of its tricks.

Nycdeisel,

ekulaj

Anyone try water filtration inside their mouth? I just gave it a try out of no where (I actually came up with it while taking a slow sip of water right before my first hit) and it really works. Just make sure the water is covering the spot where your lips open before you begin to take the hit and inhale normally. A nice thing about it is that you get to swallow the vapor-filtrated water afterward, which moistens your throat even more and likely gets you slightly higher (as opposed to if you spat it out.)

ekulaj,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
FWIW they also offer replacement bases on the 7th Floor website as well. (And in different colors too) They are held on with a couple of screws :)

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Nycdeisel said:
Yea, I dont see him on any forums anymore, and the site he was selling from is not really working :lol:

HOWEVER, he is still posting his Tokin Daily video series on YT, which I must admit I am a close follower of :cool:
Damn, you are in the Netherlands, thats fucking awesome. I always wondered why they dont have an abundance of a good selection of vaporizers where there is an abundance of herb! crazy

Let me know if you have any questions that dont involve the parts of teh SSV that differ from the DBV. I have had mine for a while, and have learned all of its tricks.

Ah, at least he's still breathing, good to know.

Well, we can get most vaporisers over here, pretty much the same ones as you can get in the USA but a few known exceptions (standard PD, Myrtlewood, etc). And there also are a few good products from Europa, I'm sure you've heard of De Verdamper for instance (the name is dutch for 'The Vaporizer'). But most of the better ones are in a completely different price range than Da Buddha or the Surfer. I think that's one of the main reasons those two products and others like for instance the Extreme are so popular here. They are all in an other price range but still considered quality products, and since the Dutch are known to be cheap... ;)

The prices of local resellers are usually a lot higher then the USA prices btw. Everyone's got to make a profit I guess, but it feels a bit unfair to me. Our taxes might also be higher than yours, not sure about that (we pay 19.5% on most consumers products). The consumer price of a SSV at the cheapest dutch webshop (cheapest silver version. black one is 10 euro's more and that's all they offer) is over 350 US$ for instance (269,- euro).

Luckily there's e-bay. But shipping costs from the USA are still quite silly sometimes. If I'd order just a SSV handsfree attachment at 7thfloor for instance, the shipping costs alone would be 28 dollars. The freaking thing itself only costs 13,99, lol.

Thanks for the kind offer btw, I'll abuse that right away :p

What kind of screens do you use in your DB? I haven't seen ones that small for sale locally. I'll ask around, but I think I have to use one of the original ones as a model and cut up some bigger ones myself. What kind of material or brand of screens would be best?

AGBeer said:
FWIW they also offer replacement bases on the 7th Floor website as well. (And in different colors too) They are held on with a couple of screws :)

Yeah, I noticed those on the SSV website. I even found a UK reseller on e-bay that sells them for about 25 euro's + 5 euro's shipping costs. They also sell replacement whips and wands for a decent price, even the ground glass versions. No custom glass though, nor screens or picks.

But I figured why bother. I happen to have plenty of heat resistant flat black paint right here, and some different coatings as well if I'd like. I'd rather spend that money on an extra wand or perhaps even a custom wand. Remember I started out on this adventure planning to buy a < 50 euro's Vap (and that was including shipping, lol), I think I've stretched the budget enough for now ;)

Do you know where your avatar originates from btw? I just remembered I used that pic myself as an avatar on another website years ago.

OhTheAgony,

Nycdeisel

That sucks, yea I recently came across Clear Domes recently up and running again Etsy shop. forgot he was in Canada, shipping alone to the US would be around $30 as well! With that kind of shipping, you really need to buy it all at once!
Oh I just make sure to order a TON of extra screens. I have over 20 brand new screens. it was like a few dollars for 10 screens so I just got a bunch of them last time I ordered from 7th Floor.

Nycdeisel,

max

Out to lunch
OhTheAgony said:
The prices of local resellers are usually a lot higher then the USA prices btw. Everyone's got to make a profit I guess, but it feels a bit unfair to me. Our taxes might also be higher than yours, not sure about that (we pay 19.5% on most consumers products). The consumer price of a SSV at the cheapest dutch webshop (cheapest silver version. black one is 10 euro's more and that's all they offer) is over 350 US$ for instance (269,- euro).
Vaposhop, located in Amsterdam, offers a good selection and a 10% discount for FC members. The Surfer would be 233 Euros ($308 US). They claim to be Europe's largest online store specializing in vaporizers.

Check our Retailer Announcements thread - http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=171&p=2

max,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, I send them an e-mail after I ordered my SSV to ask if I could order a bag and hands free attachment as well without paying extra shipping. I even was bold enough to ask if they still offer the 10% discount for mentioning Paul's name, lol, but I forgot to ask about extra screens and one or two extra pokers. I feel a little hesitant to spam them again, but I probably should.

I have to restrain myself though, I'm so tempted to order a custom wand, ice chamber and one of those waterpipe adapters as well. But lets try out the unit first, I might not even like it after all. I also want to look around what kind of glass I can find locally that would fit the SSV later on first, but I might have to place another order in the future.

Anyone here tried the fatty wand for the SSV btw? I'm kinda curious what the differences in use are.

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
max said:
OhTheAgony said:
Vaposhop, located in Amsterdam, offers a good selection and a 10% discount for FC members. The Surfer would be 233 Euros ($308 US). They claim to be Europe's largest online store specializing in vaporizers.

Check our Retailer Announcements thread - http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=171&p=2

Thanks Max, and for all your previous posts as well btw. I noticed quit a few of them when I was still lurking this place, they often were a great help to my research.

I did find Vaposhop (that is also the shop I had in mind when I posted that) mentioned in the reseller thread, but the coupon code isn't mentioned. Instead you have to press a link, which doesn't seem to do anything but take you to the homepage of the Vaposhop. But my blemished one was only 165 euro's incl. shipping, and it's only an extra 11 euro's if you want the bag. I still got the best deal I think -except for the longer wait period of course- and it's already paid for anyway.

OhTheAgony,

Nycdeisel

I realized that the poker is an important tool! Mine almost broke the marble piece off.
Extra screens are a given.

Dont both with 7th Floors ice chambers and such. Just get a regular GonG bong that is not too large, maybe 12-16" tops. and get the GonG adaper in whichever size(14 or 18) you need. Thats what I did, I also love the design of the adapter they sent me.

Nycdeisel,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Plus Juan

I did the same thing. I picked up a small tube a while back for use with my Zap, then Supreme, now the SSV. I also picked up the handsfree adapter and another pick (along with the GonG adapter)

Cant wait for it to get here so I can play with the bong :)

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, I've been looking around for glass bongs I can pick up locally as well. I really love the look of the Glasstafarian bubblers to btw, but they're also a bit pricey.

Can anyone measure one of their SSV screens for me please? The original screens are hard to find over here. I just thought I got lucky, but the shop that sells them only takes minimal orders of 50 euro's, lol. I did find a local shop which sells steel screens in different sizes. Smallest ones are 12.7mm, would those work or is that still to large?

ps: if you aren't able to measure metric sizes any other measurement will do as well.

OhTheAgony,

Nycdeisel

Really? Glasstafarian is not expensive for the quality of work, thats for sure. check out glassdistortion on Etsy as well, I ordered a cool ashcatcher that I requested an attachment for so it can also be a bubbler!! altogether it was around $90 shipped.

Look around some more! There are some great deals online! You dont really need a big piece for vapor either! You dont need a lot of time for it to cool down like you do with smoke.

I just measured my DBV screens, which I assume are the same as the SSV's, and they are 5/8 of an inch in diameter.

Nycdeisel,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That's still a lot more then I wanted to spend, lol

It's mostly for filtration, but I'm going to have to wait for my SSV first to see if I find it really necessary.

I found this little guy for ten bucks though, seems like it would work with an adapter. People do complain that it's hard to clean because the twisted stem doesn't come out, but for that price you could just replace if it gets to dirty. But soaking in strong vodka should also work I think (high grade alcohol is hard to get and very expensive here).

bong_glass_twister_small.jpg

edit: Thanks for measuring it for me. I thought they would be smaller than that. That comes down to a little over 15mm, which is a pretty standard size for screens over here. Seems like I can just pick them up from a local head shop, awesome :)

OhTheAgony,

Nycdeisel

No problem, yup gotta stock up on screens ;) just be sure to get stainless steel at least, titanium would be best but can be expensive. Also be aware of the micron size of the holes/squares. Finer micron sizes can make it harder to pull, while bigger ones will let even more plant matter pass by.

Trust me, if you love your SSV, and you DO want some water attachment, dont bother going cheap. It wouldnt enhance the experience.

Nycdeisel,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I just finished up my 7thfloor order through e-bay. They were pretty quick to respond to my e-mails and were just in time to stop my blemished SSV from being shipped so they could combine my order with a bag and handsfree adapter and save me the extra shipping costs. I wasn't able to add items like picks and screens because they don't sell them in their e-bay store, but they gave me a coupon code for if I wanted to order those and other things through their regular SSV site and also promised me a discount on shipping there. All in all I got pretty good service I think. I can recommend their e-bay store to anyone who's looking for a SSV or DBV for a very sharp price.

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Nycdeisel said:
No problem, yup gotta stock up on screens ;) just be sure to get stainless steel at least, titanium would be best but can be expensive. Also be aware of the micron size of the holes/squares. Finer micron sizes can make it harder to pull, while bigger ones will let even more plant matter pass by.

Trust me, if you love your SSV, and you DO want some water attachment, dont bother going cheap. It wouldnt enhance the experience.

I worked for a grow-/headshop for almost ten years during the '90's and early 2000's, but I don't think I've ever seen or heard of titanium screens. I've always stayed away from the brass ones though. Stocking up won't be a problem now, they're available 7 days a week just a 5min bicycle ride away for me :)

I'll remember that, a no go on the cheap bubblers then, haha. I hope I won't need one anyway, my desk is already way to cluttered as it is.

OhTheAgony,

OrGaNiCx

OhTheAgony said:
That's still a lot more then I wanted to spend, lol

It's mostly for filtration, but I'm going to have to wait for my SSV first to see if I find it really necessary.

I found this little guy for ten bucks though, seems like it would work with an adapter. People do complain that it's hard to clean because the twisted stem doesn't come out, but for that price you could just replace if it gets to dirty. But soaking in strong vodka should also work I think (high grade alcohol is hard to get and very expensive here).

http://azarius.nl/images/resize/large/bong_glass_twister_small.jpg

edit: Thanks for measuring it for me. I thought they would be smaller than that. That comes down to a little over 15mm, which is a pretty standard size for screens over here. Seems like I can just pick them up from a local head shop, awesome :)

thats a sick bong

OrGaNiCx,

Nycdeisel

Indeed. It wouldnt be hard to find a simple, moderately priced GonG bong, if you wanted one. The big advantages to using water is that is cools it down a bit while catching a lot of particles in the water.

Nycdeisel,

SkollIstKrieg

Woah thats a ridiculously good price, am I mistaken in thinking that its the whole piece? Can you post a pic of it next to a ruler please?

SkollIstKrieg,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, that price is ridiculous, it even comes with a nice blue box. As far as I can tell you get the whole thing for that, I think the add would mention it otherwise.

I can't show you though, sorry. I'm just looking around but haven't bought it.

But it's about 9 inches high and 2 inches in diameter.

OhTheAgony,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I picked up my HVY mini tube (GonG connection - 14/18) for about $50 at my local glass shop. Its nothing extravagant but then again I dont need anything ridiculous. It has a small little slit diffused downstem, I think I might buy one of the showerhead diffied downstems for it. There are just so many choices I cant seem to decide!

Hopefully Ill be able to snap some pics of my new 7th Floor GonG adapter in use soon :)
(I get to try it out tonight!)

AGBeer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Okay, so I tried out my new GonG adapter with the handsfree attachment this evening. It was pretty cool, and it worked effectively. I may reduce the length of hose for this application, and it is a little more of a pain to have to stir quite frequently with this setup, but may be nice to use with friends.

I seem to still be partial to using my mouthpiece and non handsfree usage of my SSV. Theres just something about the level of attention and intimacy that it entails to operate and enjoy it.

AGBeer,
Top Bottom