stinkmeaner

I have not tried the hands free version, but it seems like it would change the unit a little because the regular has a small hole delivering a concentrated stream of hot air on your herb, whereas the hands free has a wide open air path.

stinkmeaner,

silverhazey

Hello fellow vaporists or I would be if my surfer ever actually arrived. Ordered it about two months ago from the 7th floor site but as of yet I am to receive. I have e-mailled them about five times, then tried the phone which ran off. Does anybody know if they have gone bust or something.

silverhazey,

rayski

Was it a custom-built unit? If it's not a stock unit you have to wait for parts to be manufactured: A stock unit might go out the next day. I just called and spoke to someone at 7th Floor, so they seem to be answering their phone.

rayski,

weechway

Was wondering if you guys ever hit two SSV's at the same time? Got a friend who just got one and is extremely happy with it and brought it over last night. Showed me his prize and how its everything he expected and more etc. THEN! bam double whip, massive clouds, and completely fucking wrecked! I had not vaped in 4 days and i must say its been a while since i've been there where i dont even want to talk i just exist because i'm there took like an hour for us to get put back together lol. Anyways thought i'd post it and maybe throw in a new thing you guys can try. Also we topped it off with some nice Green dragon drops to the bottom of the tongue. Bud we vaped and turned into GB is some shit my bud grew called B-52 bomber very heavy high but nice. I've never have gotten bloodshot eyes from vaping and this was a first also.

weechway,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
lol double SSV's? That's silly :D

I hit a FULL SSV wand once, roughly 0.7g of super dry bud, absolutely choked me.

Double SSV's, geez you people.

Chubba,

nithilinius

When I ordered a pink on silver base SSV for my girlfriend, at first I received the traditional heater cover and wand, even though I ordered the hands-free version like mine. I sent out an email and a phone message, and my new hands-free heater cover was at my door within a week or so.

It seems like they're making the new hands-free heater covers much thicker and sturdier at the connection, and it's oriented at slightly less than a 90 degree angle, so the wand sits a little bit flatter. There is a very good fit to the wand.

pinkssv.jpg

nithilinius,

stinkmeaner

nithilinius....that GOG connection looks amazing, absolutely robust. Did you notice any preformance difference when you switched to the hands free since it allows so much more air to travel through in comparison to the regular version?

stinkmeaner,

nithilinius

I'm used to the hands-free, since I originally got it on mine. However, I did use the non-hands free during the week while I was waiting for the new heater cover to be sent, and I like the hands-free better. It gives a smoother, more mild and fairly evenly heated hit, only need a couple of stirs instead of after nearly every hit. I can make a small bowl (maybe 0.1g) last over an hour with it attached to my ice bong, stir the bud a couple of times, and once it seems done, I take some scissors and chop it up as fine as i possibly can while it is still in the bowl. the extra surface area by chopping it up again lets it hit almost like a fresh bowl.

nithilinius,

stinkmeaner

Yeah I always re-grind my herb at the halfway point, you seem to be able to squeeze more out of your product.

stinkmeaner,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
stinkmeaner your avatar...every time i read this thread i get distracted...lol

I have been toying with getting a SSV sometime in the far future, but i just can't reconcile with the cost. I was originally looking at a Vapor Bros, but the upward angle heather turned me off bigtime.
(By the way, I'm not interested in a DBV; good vape but I plan to go big or go home)
Anybody know any places to get a SSV for cheap?

sneezyjesus,

smoking Joe

sneezyjesus said:
stinkmeaner your avatar...every time i read this thread i get distracted...lol

I have been toying with getting a SSV sometime in the far future, but i just can't reconcile with the cost. I was originally looking at a Vapor Bros, but the upward angle heather turned me off bigtime.
(By the way, I'm not interested in a DBV; good vape but I plan to go big or go home)
Anybody know any places to get a SSV for cheap?
Try ebay...............I paid 210 shipped to my door. I made a best offer for 210.0 and won it. This was about a year ago.

smoking Joe,

choding

^
I agree on the eBay suggestion.

as for an alternative.

aznfknpride
is selling this ssv/hakko wand for $80
(Comes with the hakko wand, mini phaser, and microphone stand with 2 clips)
DSCN5754.jpg

A demonstration pic by ILoveRadiohead!
(different product)
IMG_2002.jpg

choding,

Instinct

vtac said:
From what I've read, the human body sends antibodies to fight off the carcinogens immediately after they are ingested from smoking. This can produce a noticeable sensation which people associate with being high.
I don't see how that would be true because it's not like you feel high after smoking a cigarette.

Instinct,

albe

just a question for any recent ssv purchasers... what's the wait time on these vapes right now? I ordered two weeks back, received a confirmation straight away but do they also email you again when your order has shipped?

It was a fairly standard order, with just some colour customisation. Hoping to have it here (in Australia) by xmas so it'd need to ship soon.

Looking forward to trying it out, have been using the cano and iolite so far but not finding either all that great or efficient for day to day use.

albe,

nfs924

albe said:
just a question for any recent ssv purchasers... what's the wait time on these vapes right now? I ordered two weeks back, received a confirmation straight away but do they also email you again when your order has shipped?

It was a fairly standard order, with just some colour customisation. Hoping to have it here (in Australia) by xmas so it'd need to ship soon.

Looking forward to trying it out, have been using the cano and iolite so far but not finding either all that great or efficient for day to day use.
I placed my order on November 27th. I received my confirmation e-mail right away, but haven't heard back from them since. I've contacted them already, but haven't received a reply yet.

Most reviews I read raved about how fast the shipping time was. To be honest, I'm disappointed; it's been six business days since I placed my order. Their website claims it may take up to three days until it is shipped.

I'm starting to regret this purchase already, especially after hearing about their customer service issues. Hopefully they will prove me wrong.

I'm fairly certain they send out an e-mail once it has shipped, IIRC from reading a few posts.

nfs924,

SmogTown

I have a quick question. I was thinking of buying a ssv, if I get it through vapeworld I can use the discount. However its hand-free and I'm not sure if i want hands free. Can you buy a normal heater cover and want and convert it to non hands-free? I figure its possible but I thought someone on here might know for sure. Thanks.

SmogTown,

SmogTown

Thanks for the :2c:. I figured it would be an easy conversion. I just didn't want to order the hands free and be stuck with it if i don't like hands free. Well my next vaporizer is going to be a ssv :D. It'll be the ssv for home, vg for when I'm out :ko:.

SmogTown,

FEAR420

SmogTown said:
Thanks for the :2c:. I figured it would be an easy conversion. I just didn't want to order the hands free and be stuck with it if i don't like hands free. Well my next vaporizer is going to be a ssv :D. It'll be the ssv for home, vg for when I'm out :ko:.
Yeah,I think if you open a chat & actually talk to someone at Vapeworld you MIGHT be able to get a standard SSV. IIRC,Chris said they had gotten the hands-free models not too long ago....Maybe they have some standards left in stock & just dont advertise them unless asked for...

FEAR420,

nfs924

Ah, my SSV finally shipped today. Hopefully I can get it before the end of the week.

nfs924,

albe

nfs924 said:
Ah, my SSV finally shipped today. Hopefully I can get it before the end of the week.
nice one :peace: you've got me holding out hopes for some christmas eve vapes from my new ssv !

albe,

nfs924

albe said:
nfs924 said:
nice one :peace: you've got me holding out hopes for some christmas eve vapes from my new ssv !
Looks like my vape is coming in on the 10th. I'll be sure to take some pictures and give my take on the unit.

Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy it before x-mas, I'm glad I will.

nfs924,
Top Bottom