SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
$75? I dunno where you are looking but unless your buddy's HC was custom it is much cheaper than that to replace.......and no I highly doubt anyone will repair it

SF Giant,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Buy him a Heater cover from 7th floor... the makers.
They are 14.99
SSV heater covers

Or get him ground glass as he had
They are 27.99
SSV Ground Glass HC
Tell him you are sorry... and give him the replacement.
Do something kind for him... like give him an 1/8th of something fairly exotic.
A replacement , and a SUPER cool gesture is less than $75... and yet worth so much more! ;)

PAGE 100 ON THE SSV THREAD!

Vitolo,

havock69

It's an easy fix. I could fix it ifi knew anyone with a torch. It broke on the part that connects to the unit.

havock69,

VaporEyeSore

havock69 said:
So I broke my buddy's ground glass heater and I don't want to pay 75 dollars for a new one like it. Does ssv repair hc's for a reasonable price?

What happened did you borrow it or just use it round his house? Unless you applied excessive force or were drunk then I dont think it broke solely from your actions. These heater covers seem to do this ocasionaly I guess its all the pushing and pulling and a ground glass HC would probably have more force on it.
I have had one for 6 months now and have had one standard heater cover break allready.
I think you were unlucky enough for it to just break when you used it! I personaly would not expect a friend to replace it but if he insists then explain its a weakness and if he wants a custom one then he should buy it himself then get him a plain one as a spare which is very generous imo.

VaporEyeSore,

havock69

It was definitely my fault I was borrowing it for a couple months and I was experimenting and I applied too much force and crack...there it went.

havock69,

VaporEyeSore

havock69 said:
It was definitely my fault I was borrowing it for a couple months and I was experimenting and I applied too much force and crack...there it went.
well if you borrowed it you better replace it. A fix is unlikely and a perfect one would be impossible. Looks like you gona have to bite the bullet and tell your buddy but then you can ask him if he wants the same or something similar.
You could allways send an email to Elyssa at 7th floor and ask if they have any discounted custom gg hc they may come up with something for you.

VaporEyeSore,

Qbit

cannabanana
VaporEyeSore said:
You could allways send an email to Elyssa at 7th floor and ask if they have any discounted custom gg hc they may come up with something for you.

Doesn't 'custom' imply unique pieces, ie that each design is discontinued after 1 unit?

Qbit,

vbeazy

I believe so.

There's ground glass with marbles on sale for $54.99. Though a $14.99 standard cover is a deal, and the standard wand is the same price. Or you could get a mini VB standard wand for $9.99.

Contact 7thFloor about a glass repair, maybe they will do it with a quick turnaround. Otherwise it is possible to find a blower for repairs.

vbeazy,

VaporEyeSore

Qbit said:
VaporEyeSore said:

Doesn't 'custom' imply unique pieces, ie that each design is discontinued after 1 unit?

I got a custom mouthpiece that was 'discounted' for the DBV have a look at discounted glass on their site but I ended up emailing Elyssa to see what she could do and they had more options than were on the site. I told her the price range she picked sent me pictures and I ok'd it.
They really are very helpfull :)

VaporEyeSore,

FG

Wow!! The surfer is a fine machine. Ive had lots of fun experimenting the last few days. Right now my ABV is very light brown, trying hard to avoid any combustion. Maybe I'm not packing enough in the wand?

FG,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Could be, in my experience the SSV works best with a nicely filled bowl and not so good with small amounts. Breath speed and/or temperature setting can also make the difference though.

It also varies per wand I've noticed. I had two standard wands with mine and one had a shorter chamber/bowl then the other, and it seemed to work better with smaller amounts and it also needed a slightly lower temperature setting then the one with the taller bowl. I guess it's quite the sensitive beast in some ways.

OhTheAgony,

FG

I'm using SGG wand and getting maybe two bigs hits with cloud then a few smaller hits with setting starting around 1:30 and ending at 3. Are most people packing around an inch above the screen?

FG,

max

Out to lunch
getting maybe two bigs hits with cloud then a few smaller hits
Comparing hit size=iffy info.

with setting starting around 1:30 and ending at 3
Since the 'o'clock' settings, as far as temp, can vary depending on knob positioning (you can make it switch on at any number between 1 and 12 by repositioning the knob), this doesn't really reflect consistency from one unit to another.

Are most people packing around an inch above the screen?
How fine your herb is ground can make a huge difference, as to how much you've actually got loaded. Two wands could have the same level of herb, yet one could easily contain twice as much, due to grind consistency.

Also, your draw speed figures greatly into your vaping temp, so all things considered, any feedback you get could be very misleading.

max,

FG

Guess I'll just have to spend more time practicing. I can think of worst things to do.

FG,

guitarscreamngrowler

anyone on here try the saturn vaportamer compared to the fatty vaportamer. im lookin to buy either one there probably run the tamer through a inline perc. for my rockzap, extreme q, and ssv.

guitarscreamngrowler,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
FG said:
I'm using SGG wand and getting maybe two bigs hits with cloud then a few smaller hits with setting starting around 1:30 and ending at 3. Are most people packing around an inch above the screen?
With a fairly fine grind (like course ground pepper or a tad bigger) i get similar results with a load about 3/8" to 1/2" above the screen, if you are packing a full inch you could do with a good deal less id guess, as far as heat goes i vary between the same knob positions you listed depending on the herb (i centered my knob when i got the thing so noon is true noon.....never understood why so many people on here act like this is impossible)

SF Giant,

cluffy

Vaker
@guitarscreamngrowler: The Saturn is definitely worth the extra $ as long as you're gonna use it for the SSV. I have both and I've heard that the Saturn may be overkill for a log vape. I used both on my 1/4" Underdog and it's about the same, but the Saturn stays cold longer. More in my post here: fattyvssaturn

There is a fuzzy pic of the two side by side on the page before that and I'll try to get a good video review up soon.

cluffy,

FG

SF Giant said:
FG said:
With a fairly fine grind (like course ground pepper or a tad bigger) i get similar results with a load about 3/8" to 1/2" above the screen, if you are packing a full inch you could do with a good deal less id guess, as far as heat goes i vary between the same knob positions you listed depending on the herb (i centered my knob when i got the thing so noon is true noon.....never understood why so many people on here act like this is impossible)

Do you find your ABV is very light brown or darker? Is it hard to adjust the temp controller?

FG,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
FG said:
SF Giant said:
FG said:

Do you find your ABV is very light brown or darker? Is it hard to adjust the temp controller?
For me this has more to do with draw speed, if i have it at 3 oclock its pretty damn easy to darken it more than id want if im not pulling pretty fast
Edit: if by temp cotroller you mean your knob its super easy, it should pull right off with minimal pressure unless you have a super old SSV as some of those you cant remove the knob, once its off its just a matter of centering it.....easy as pie

SF Giant,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Does anyone know if the VB mini-whips are on sale again or if when they went out of stock a while ago they just stopped making them altogether?

Thanks

wilf789,
Top Bottom