shredder

I would like to share my experience with 7th floor this past week.
Last Monday I bought a blemished ssv unit with bag plus 2 day w/FedEx.
They first told me it would go out Thursday when I called but that didn't happen. So it went out Friday and I received it Monday. I read through the manual and became familiar with the do's and don't and what to look out for in terms of troubleshooting.
I packed a small amount because I don't consume much and set it well past noon with 7 being off. I got little vapor but hardly any. Turn it up all the way and got a decent amount but the material still had lots of color and no browning.
Then I called 7th floor and talked to kris. That guy is something else. I mentioned to him how l as tr the shipping was because I had paid almost 40 to get it Saturday at the latest. Then I spoke of the faulty heater cover which was my guess to why isn't wasn't working properly. He agreed and said he would ship one free out to me.
So its safe to say I'm IMPRESSED!shipped 2 day usps. We talked for several minutes about the super surfer which has peaked my interest to say the least. Might have to trade in my current ssv and upgrade !
Also I feel it's safe to say there's a 20% sale going on soon!that might push me to get a supersurfer

You will pick up experience with use. And I would use it a while before upgrading. Even though its a simple.design tbere are a number of variebles. The load size, dryness level and what not all can factor in. So to these reasons, I would give it time. You may be very happy without the light show.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I would like to share my experience with 7th floor this past week.
Last Monday I bought a blemished ssv unit with bag plus 2 day w/FedEx.
They first told me it would go out Thursday when I called but that didn't happen. So it went out Friday and I received it Monday. I read through the manual and became familiar with the do's and don't and what to look out for in terms of troubleshooting.
I packed a small amount because I don't consume much and set it well past noon with 7 being off. I got little vapor but hardly any. Turn it up all the way and got a decent amount but the material still had lots of color and no browning.
Then I called 7th floor and talked to kris. That guy is something else. I mentioned to him how l as tr the shipping was because I had paid almost 40 to get it Saturday at the latest. Then I spoke of the faulty heater cover which was my guess to why isn't wasn't working properly. He agreed and said he would ship one free out to me.
So its safe to say I'm IMPRESSED!shipped 2 day usps. We talked for several minutes about the super surfer which has peaked my interest to say the least. Might have to trade in my current ssv and upgrade !
Also I feel it's safe to say there's a 20% sale going on soon!that might push me to get a supersurfer
You should try adjusting the heater rod and pulling it up. That might help vapor production, might not be the heater cover

Harmoniousliving

Yes I have already tried messing with the ceramic element. No luck. Thanks for trying to help me out guys but I think it's the heater cover. I'll know for sure by tomorrow !
And what a great post @steama
I was talking to kris about the advantages of spherical over the others. More airflow and he said that setup was the safest in terms of the connection.

Since I'm still,in,the 30 day warranty range I'm thinking about returning the ssv and getting credit toward the sssv.
I'm not a bag person which should tell you something because that super has me interested in them again !kris told me it could fill a 10ft bag ,he spoke of the dab challenges they have haha,at right around 2 minutes.
Now that's impressive.

Harmoniousliving,
Reactions: steama

Harmoniousliving

Stop telling me these things steama! !!lol I just got my ssv I need to at least break it in haha.
There are so many features though !
Like the bag. It has a gg so you can put it straight on your glass. Like how cool. is that.
We might be super surfer pals soon :)

shredder

I just bought 4 ssv blems for less than one super surfer. So the cost is no small thing, or something to be glossed over.

$750 or so for the herbolizer, the digital volcano, the new vapor brothers vape is a bit too much IMHO.

I think the real value deals are with the second's or last years models. And for me a light show is a no go at any price, lol.

shredder,

Harmoniousliving

I just bought 4 ssv blems for less than one super surfer. So the cost is no small thing, or something to be glossed over.

$750 or so for the herbolizer, the digital volcano, the new vapor brothers vape is a bit too much IMHO.

I think the real value deals are with the second's or last years models. And for me a light show is a no go at any price, lol.
Different strokes different folks yada yada. What you might dislike someone else might like. And I believe that goes beyond justifying the cost of something. If it works and you like it alright ! And with the almost current sale ill,be getting that super for less then half the original price

hoptimum

No the glass all seemed good. I have no experience with standard heater cover or wands until now. It did seem they needed more heat than my ground glass wand. But after a good ten to fifteen minute warm up they all did well. And of course I had to help sample all four, lol.

I was referring to the size of the HC. Some seem larger than the others. The stems seem uniform, but the HCs are not. With the GG this is obviously not a problem, since the stem fits right inside the HC. But with the slightly larger in diameter standard HCs I can't get the herb as close to the HC as I can with the smaller ones.

hoptimum,

shredder

I only use one SSV at a time but I guess there's a way to use four, maybe a multi-whip adapter? :brow:

Get a grip @shredder the Super Surfer is much more than a light show. The LEDs are a completely insignificant part of this vape (though very nice). The Super is about convenience and the addition of the bag system. These things make the SSSV well worth the price, for me anyway. :tup:

The four were gifts. My ssv is actually a rumage sale vape, lol.

I got a grip, on my wallet. I just don't get the super. If I get the urge for a bagger I have a volcano, but now days I just bring it out with company. The lights to me on the super
are a turn off, so that leaves,? A ssv!!! And a full.wallet, lol.

shredder,
Reactions: grokit

shredder

I would say the type of person that would appreciate a Super Surfer would be more for true connoisseurs of the herb. Otherwise I would agree, it is better that you hold onto your wallet.

And I would say otherwise, and be richer for it. And last I checked this is the ssv thread. But don't let me spoil your experience, I'm sure it's a fine unit. Enjoy your lights!

grokit

well-worn member
And I would say otherwise, and be richer for it. And last I checked this is the ssv thread. But don't let me spoil your experience, I'm sure it's a fine unit. Enjoy your lights!
I agree with your reasons for not wanting the super,
as I also already have a bag blower and a ssv and hardly ever blow bags.
But I really want those lights :freak:
Different strokes (from what I've read you can turn them off)!

Harmoniousliving

So I think my unit doesn't heat up properly. It appears to do so.....but I can't combust. I turned it all the way up. Light comes up. Element heats up bright and what looks like hot to me. Then I draw as slow as I can without not breathing in. I get vapor but not where near combustion. I'm using a ground glass heater cover and the element is almost touching the heater cover. I have repositioned it but nothing works. I'm posting here to see if if I can get any help beforeI send it back.

Harmoniousliving,
Reactions: hoptimum

Harmoniousliving

No I don't. I'm saying the ssv isn't working gproperly and the problem is either the ssv itself or the heater cover because I can't combust when I clearly should be able to

Harmoniousliving,

crawdad

floatin
friend had one new in the box for 2 years, wasnt sure how to use it (was an impulse buy) so he kept rolling....found out he had it and got it hooked up for him, now its his daily...its a nice unit, smooth whip hits.

random thought: the setup seems it could be altered to handle multiple whips like a hookah, each person with their own whip hooked up to an open elbow around the surfer...assuming the heating element would be enough to share it of course or at least it would make group sessions simpler with no moving the vaporizer or having to swap whips/seats to hit, not much of an issue until hour 2 and you start thinking about awesome tshirt ideas...and stuff. anyways i want one now lol

crawdad,
Reactions: ataxian

Vitolo

Vaporist
the setup seems it could be altered to handle multiple whips like a hookah, each person with their own whip hooked up to an open elbow around the surfer
I use standard HC and a hand held whip.... BUT it is cool prepared to hand each person their own wand/whip to use.
Photoon2011-07-09at1441.jpg

hoptimum

No I don't. I'm saying the ssv isn't working gproperly and the problem is either the ssv itself or the heater cover because I can't combust when I clearly should be able to

I was having a similar issue, and I think it might be related to some inconsistencies in the standard HCs. I had one SSV with a standard HC and one with a ground glass. I decided to replace the GG with another standard. With the first replacement standard HC I bought, the air intake hole was noticeably higher than the standard on my original standard setup, and as a result I wasn't getting the heat at the point of contact I had come to expect from the standard on my original. I contacted 7th floor and they sent me a replacement standard HC. But I still wasn't getting the same level of performance as my original standard HC. Upon closer inspection, it appears that the diameter of my replacement standard HC was slightly greater than the standard HC on my original setup. My theory is that the larger diameter on the replacement HC prevents the wand from getting as close to the heat as my original does. Ultimately, I gave up on the replacement standard and returned to using the GG. Based on my experience, there's a chance that your problem might be with the HC and not the heating element itself.

Last edited:

Harmoniousliving

Hop,thanks for posting that !I have come to the same conclusion. I actually started with a standard and they sent me a gg which is what I wanted in the first place. And now the gg heater cover isn't working I believe. I may hold off on sending it back. After reading your post I really think it's the heater cover.
I just didn't think there was such a wide acceptable limit they have on hc's. Im going to call 7th floor tomorrow and see if they can send me one. I wish I could post in the classifieds to see if anyone has one. Anyways I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for all the help :)

Harmoniousliving

I get my SSV back Thursday.

Can't wait to get extremely medicated!

7th Floor seems to run CS like a big corporation!
Except most big corporations want to steal your money and lie to you.
7th is the complete opposite....
They told me they would send a free heater cover my way. Opened box no heater cover. Called and they overnighted a hc to me just because I never got the FREE heater cover. You realize how important CS is when you almost want to buy their product simply based on how much they want you to be pleased and satisfied. Thank god their product kicks ass!
Wave rider for life :rockon:

Top Bottom