Harmoniousliving

Wave rider reporting back in...
Cleaned everything but the heater cover and SHAZAM as goomer would say.
Got that super tasty vapor I have been craving. Holy ddavemod! !!!works like a charm. Dense hits off not much material. I love how you can ration how much you load so easily. Can already tell I need more baskets!

Got some waxes on top ,as soon as I started walking upstairs to my room I smelled it. So nice.
Currently enjoying some seriously lemon-y lemon haze while some waxes diffuse on top. Such a versatile vaporizer :luv:
Man do I love vaping. Every aspect of it. This forum is SWEET!!!!

Harmoniousliving

I think I like the form factor of the lsv more. I'm not a big fan of this whip in between my glass and vape. And I know the heater cover for the lsv is 18m female so I could put a 18male to male in there with a elb basket and lid to contain the herb inside pointed towards the element. At Least I Can return this ssv And sssv,I love their customer service. These vapes hit hard.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think I like the form factor of the lsv more. I'm not a big fan of this whip in between my glass and vape. And I know the heater cover for the lsv is 18m female so I could put a 18male to male in there with a elb basket and lid to contain the herb inside pointed towards the element. At Least I Can return this ssv And sssv,I love their customer service. These vapes hit hard.
We are all different!

I had a LSV and it was OK just hard to use for me.
However I liked the way it medicated.
The DA BUDDHA I got for my Daugher worked so well I had to get the SSV.
I use the SILIcone tubing from the @DDave kit.
My heater cover and whip are stock and work great?

For my water pipes fit the SSV is fine!

I'm a medical patient so I may have a different point of view?

There CS is very professional!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Could it be something other than butane, like melting wire insulation?
What do you use with the SSV?

I have the standard heater cover and standard wand!

I'm I missing something?

My SOLO works stronger?

I was looking for a powerhouse?

Last edited:
ataxian,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
If you are getting better results from your solo you are missing something and or haven't figured the SSV out yet. From my experience there is absolutely no comparison between what a solo can do compared to what the SSV can give you.

Absolutely no comparison. You have your powerhouse. :myday: :peace:
I guess I have no experience?
I didn't consume CANNABIS until 1970!
Is it my STANDARD CONNECTIONS?

I plugged my NANO back in because I need a real rip.

Do I have the wrong setup?
So far my SOLO at 4 kicks ass over the SSV at 1:00 on the dial?

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I use my SSV on 3:00 for flower.

I use the oil kit heater cover with stopper and a GG connection.

Definitely play around with temp, draw speed, and how tight your load is packed.

I have both as well, SSV should be blowing your Solo out of the water.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
If you are not getting what you want I do not think you are operating it correctly. Since you do not believe the SSV has enough power turn her 100% on! Full heat! Now load your wand with 1/4 inch of finely ground herb. When you place the wand to take a toke, go long and s-l-o-w and see what you get. :D

Now, work backwards from your recent combustion experience and soon you will be dialed in and good to go. You are not dialed in at all if your solo does you better. You need to see if the SSV can do it for you on full power. If you can combust then you are still learning the vape.
Tonight the NANO with GDP and 1,2 punch and I'm down for the count.
Tomorrow I'll try again at 3:00 on the SSV.

@steama @Vitolo @Tweak and a few others convinced me to get the SSV.

I don't take T-breaks and I was needing heavier hit's so a thought a SSV would do the trick?

shredder

I think the standard set up takes more finess to get consistent big hits. And you need more heat and a basket screen may work better. And a good half inch of herb helps as well.

I gave out four of these units this year. And I've had to tutor the new owners. So im getting it down. But I do think the gg set up is easier and more consistent while using less heat and less herb. The difference may be the air tight connection and how it puts the load closer to the heater.

The spherical set up hits very nicely too, maybe the best, but does take more herb.

hoptimum

I think the standard set up takes more finess to get consistent big hits. And you need more heat and a basket screen may work better. And a good half inch of herb helps as well..

I just dont think any of this is true. I use the standard, i never go past 1 o'clock on the dial and typically fill the bowl 1/4-1/3 full and my results are massive hits and even extraction, stirring between hits. And I never use a basket screen. I do think there aere discrepancies in the diameter of the HC that can affect performance, however, and my ground glass cover is more consistent. If youre having trouble with the standard, I'd suggest swapping in a ground glass setup instead.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I just dont think any of this is true. I use the standard, i never go past 1 o'clock on the dial and typically fill the bowl 1/4-1/3 full and my results are massive hits and even extraction, stirring between hits. And I never use a basket screen. I do think there aere discrepancies in the diameter of the HC that can affect performance, however, and my ground glass cover is more consistent. If youre having trouble with the standard, I'd suggest swapping in a ground glass setup instead.
Funny you say that?

My standard heater cover is giant!

I used my daughter's DA BUDDHA ground female heater cover and wand at 1:00 and loaded 1/2 a bowl with STRAWBERRY COUGH OG and the favor/effect was satisfying!

shredder

I based my post on buying and setting up 5 ssv's. Thanks for your opinion.

shredder,
Reactions: ataxian

KidFated.

Unknown Member
@shredder My SSV gets hot!

The unit itself seems to be OK!

The wand doesn't fit the heater cover very well?

In the am I'll order a new cover band whip!

This thing is so sleak?
I will get it dialed in!
It doesn't fully seal, but it should come close when they are held together.. you mentioned your daughters dbv, have you thought about a ground glass set up for your ssv?

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I do think there aere discrepancies in the diameter of the HC that can affect performance

I agree and have found this first hand experience with a terrible Standard HC that wouldn't brown even with the SSV on %100 power, while my other ones will combust at %70 power.. The inlet hole needs to be a choke point, so it causes a difference is pressure when drawing. And as you probably have observed, the placement of the hole also affects performance.

I will get it dialed in!

Good luck ataxian, the SSV can be a beast.

I suggest ordering a Guitar Volume knob to replace your SSV knob. Adjust it and put a mark on the SSV for 0 being Off and 10 being full power, that way you know what your favorite setting is.

Top Bottom