• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

olivianewtonjohn

Wow first off very sorry, the SSV is very powerful let my post be proof. I meant there has to be a better way to make a smaller bowl. The eq screen didnt work it kept moving around when I went to stir. I was going to go the stock route but still decided I should make the bowl smaller (im a light weight). Since eq screen didnt work, I grabbed another screen that was really close in size to the eq (alittle bigger). I had a hard time getting it solid in there so went with my )( method LOL. IDK man all I can say is the SSV is very powerful :whoa:

Their glass marble pick works much better than wooden skewers :tup:

I will have to grab one. My unit did not have a knob either but found one at radioshack. So I might not have a glass marble pick but I do have a knob :rofl:

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: grokit

chimpybits

There's a lot of posts here about the vapor bros mini wand, which can be employed for log-like efficiency with the ssv (using the standard heater cover) if that's what you're after.
That or the shorty as I linked in my previous post.

I've been living with a janky setup of an EQ screen between 2 screens in order to lessen my bowl. It only raises my floor a cm. or so, but it's enough. Really though it's janky and I should have bought a better and smaller wand eons ago. Instead I hold out for a log...

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I've found a way to make adjustable basket screens if anybody is interested.

You just need access to some screen to cut to fit, as most of the standard SS round screen are too small to dome and fit into the SSV wand.

amPI1BE.jpg

Stock nano screens in BG, homemade SSV and nano screens in the forefront. Much better air-flow at the cost of a bit more debris.

Jman5280

Does anyone else see darker streaks on their heating element, that appear brighter when turned on?

Also, what about little bumps on the rod, they are hard to see and feel at first, but my ceramic rod has them, especially in the grove that runs vehicle on the element. Using a flashlight really helps make them visible.

7th floor answered my question by saying it is normal, however other users said that it wasn't normal, and that they do not see this on their devices. I also couldn't help but feel like the guy at 7th floor was just trying to get me off of the phone. He didn't say anything, or provide any explanation. Most importantly, he seemed distracted with noise in the background and he didn't sound like he understood what I was talking about. When I asked him about the ceramic rod and what's in it, he said he would have to find out.

I really want to make sure that these bumps I'm seeing aren't the ceramic flaking, and the lines that i see aren't some sign of cracking.

Last edited:
Jman5280,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@Jman5280 your questions have now been answered by numerous members and by the manufacturer. Nothing more can be gained by your asking these questions over and over. I can understand your concern, but your best bet, if you are unsatisfied with the answer from 7th floor, is to call again and perhaps talk to someone else. An email exchange providing photos might also be a good idea.

The alternative, of course, is to not use your vape any more if you are that concerned. Or, see if it can be returned and replaced if still under warranty.

Continuing this here will not get you any satisfaction. Any answers given here are opinions and are subjective. Please do not continue to post about this until you've received an adequate answer from 7th floor and resolved this issue.

Jman5280

@Jman5280 your questions have now been answered by numerous members and by the manufacturer. Nothing more can be gained by your asking these questions over and over. I can understand your concern, but your best bet, if you are unsatisfied with the answer from 7th floor, is to call again and perhaps talk to someone else. An email exchange providing photos might also be a good idea.

The alternative, of course, is to not use your vape any more if you are that concerned. Or, see if it can be returned and replaced if still under warranty.

Continuing this here will not get you any satisfaction. Any answers given here are opinions and are subjective. Please do not continue to post about this until you've received an adequate answer from 7th floor and resolved this issue.

I'm just looking for someone else to look at their unit and see they notice anything similar. I understand it is all opinions, that's why I am asking people here. These are all SSV users and share the same element.

@Vitolo they are sending me a new rod to compare. As explained above, the guys I talked to at 7th floor did not sound certain when they said it was normal, and they also wanted to send me a new one to try. If it was normal, why would they send me a different one?

I also can't accept it's normal because nobody on these boards have noticed the same texture and streaks on their element. Did you see the photos I posted?

Edit to add:
I went to a shop to look at another SSV, I checked out all of the units. All the units had the black and darkened streaks. However, none had the texture like I am seeing on my ceramic rod. Like I said, I have the flakes that are bonded to the rod. I now wonder if this is some sort of reaction when heated.

My pictures are here http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/da-buddha.172/page-156#post-711287

Last edited by a moderator:
Jman5280,

Mangos

Hey guys I previously had the standard heater cover for the SSV. Changed it to a ground glass heating cover that was on sale : http://www.namastevapes.co.uk/colle...ducts/silver-surfer-ground-glass-heater-cover

I also got the ground glass wand to, but when it all came the wand was actually the DaBuddha wand, which I thought would be okay as the DaBuddha also uses a ground glass heater over.

Anyway using the ground glass heater cover and wand on the 12'o clock position is causing combustion after a 5 second draw. I am sure this is not normal . I have made sure the heating rod is as far down as it can go but even on the 11'o clock position my flower is turning black after 5-10 seconds of taking a draw. Just wondering if this is normal ? When I used the standard heating cover with the screen halfway up the wand , I could take a toke for 15-20 seconds before burning my flower off.

Just wondering if I should just go back to the standard cover ?

Mangos,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I would.
(This is only personal opinion... but I always have gotten better results, and thicker, more "in control" clouds with a standard HC)
While the Buddha wand is the same fit, it is a bit different....
Thinner glass, and wider bore beneath the screen.
Try speeding up the draw a good amount.
Then try lowering the temperature a minute amount.

Mangos

I would.
(This is only personal opinion... but I always have gotten better results, and thicker, more "in control" clouds with a standard HC)
While the Buddha wand is the same fit, it is a bit different....
Thinner glass, and wider bore beneath the screen.
Try speeding up the draw a good amount.
Then try lowering the temperature a minute amount.
After adjusting the heater cover a bit further up and taking faster draws it is working a lot better. I get less clouds, but I feel like I get way more medicated off every hit I take. So thanks for the suggestions really helped. Think I will stick with the ground glass for now, ordered some basket screens to thanks to the posts from Tweak and other members on this forum. Thanks to all the members here, as a long time lurker you guys really have helped me a lot with my vaporizing needs.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Think I will stick with the ground glass for now, ordered some basket screens to thanks to the posts from Tweak and other members on this forum.

Glad its working for you now. :tup: Sounds like your SSV is like mine, runs pretty warm. With my screen mod I can get thick flavorful vapor as low as 10:30 on the dial.

It may be possible to use the EQ bascket screens in the GG wand buy I haven't tried it. I believe others have with the DBV/LSV.

hoptimum

I'm going to try that in the LSV shorty bowl. Your screens look nicely formed. How do you customize them for different size wands?

hoptimum,

1337Dude

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. 7th Floor sells a lot of vaporizer gear so I thought it might be better placed here than in the off-topic (because this relates to vaporization).

This isn't a huge deal, but it's a bit bothersome. I ordered 3 picks for Da Buddah (one for my brother, one for me to leave at my girlfriend's, one for me to use at home). This was a day before their Thanksgiving sale, which if I waited for, I would've received bonus extra picks - but I wasn't concerned about extras, I just wanted 3. So eventually my order arrived but there were only two picks in the order. I emailed them politely, saying they didn't send my full order and would really like that other pick I ordered.

They replied....

"
xxx,
We apologize for the inconvenience. We will send you the third pick. Let us know if you have any additional questions.
Thanks,
Lyn
Customer Care Manager
7th Floor LLC.
"

I waited a month, didn't receive any pick. I sent them an email asking if they ever got around to sending it and I received no reply. I asked again a couple weeks later, no reply.

This is the first time in my life I've been cold-shouldered by any customer service in my entire life. I understand their train of thought... "How do we know we didn't send the full order? Hell, the shipping cost is more than the pick itself. Whatever, it's not a big deal, it's just a pick". But god damn, I'd really like that pick. I'd feel pretty stupid spending $8 more on a pick+shipping just because they couldn't get my order right. Seems like all I have now is a relatively lame story to share.

Anyone else here experience poor service from 7th Floor? Usually businesses don't want negative word of mouth being spread about them, but 7th Floor is sitting so pretty that they couldn't care less.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
File a complaint with the BBB and try to do a chargeback on your CC(If you can, explain the situation to them over the phone).

I my mind they lied and robbed you, I know that sounds extreme BUT its reality, I mean if a company gives bad service they deserve it, no?

HillaryClinton,

Scott A

Sounds like absolute crap customer service. It is surprising how often I find that when it gets down to it how many supposedly great companies are actually offering shitty customer service. Just out of principle I would demand the extra pick to be sent free of charge because after all you did pay for it. To many companies in this industry try to play the blame game with their customers and it just isnt right.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Rain hell on their facebook or twitter page :D... i am sure they will compensate you fast enough.. if they care for reputation.

Abysmal Vapor,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Anyone else here experience poor service from 7th Floor? Usually businesses don't want negative word of mouth being spread about them, but 7th Floor is sitting so pretty that they couldn't care less.

Rain hell on their facebook or twitter page :D... i am sure they will compensate you fast enough.. if they care for reputation.

He can do whatever he likes on Facebook and Twitter, but here we have a policy to prevent exactly what you are suggesting. 133Dude, to be clear our rules are:
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
    • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
    • Use of the forum to blackmail companies will not be tolerated.
    • Posts in this regard will be evaluated based on perceived intent.

You've had your say, and 7th Floor doesn't participate here so they won't be responding. Good luck resolving your issue, but please don't post about it again unless you have a resolution to announce.

1337Dude

I agree, generally they're very good. I have had issues communicating with them via email however, and would highly advise that @1337Dude call them on the telephone and politely request satisfaction.
I've given them multiple opportunities to provide satisfaction - I shouldn't have to create a really awkward phone situation out of it. They could just do the same thing and say they'll send it but not actually send it. As for my resolution I'll take Hillary Clinton's advice and do a chargeback and tell the bank that my order wasn't received in full and the company wasn't willing to resolve after communication. Thank you for the suggestions.

P.S. I usually have had great service from 7th Floor but businesses change over time. I'll let 7th Floor know that they have another opportunity to send me the pick before I perform a chargeback.
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
    • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
    • Use of the forum to blackmail companies will not be tolerated.
    • Posts in this regard will be evaluated based on perceived intent.
To address this: I did none of the above. Obviously I'm not trying to offend anyone. I simply stated the truth of the matter of what happened. There's nothing offensive about what I've written, nor is it blackmail. I'm not spamming, overstating anything, etc. The entire intent of my post is to ask for help based on the situation at hand. I don't even own a Silver-Surfer, I'm not even sure why you moved the post here.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but you can't deny that there are many products that this is relevant to than the Silver Surfer. If my post was put somewhere more relevant (as opposed to tossed into a less relevant shuffle of posts), for example, perhaps someone who has had poor experience with them in the past would see my post and could give me a specific person who works at 7th Floor who was helpful to them. It's not very often I see forums operate in the interest of businesses rather than the consumers. No users were expressing any offense to what I said from what I could see. I understand you need to have rules to prevent libel/slander and attacks that could simply be from competing businesses, but I think it's important for consumers to have an outlet regarding their experience with a business' customer service.

It feels (as in, in my opinion) less like you're asking for "opinions or critiques", but rather only asking for people to express their positive experiences with the businesses on this forum. I didn't just register on this forum to make this topic - I've been on this forum for a long time and have been using 7th Floor products for 5+ years. It's all in my post history.

Last edited:
1337Dude,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I've given them multiple opportunities to provide satisfaction - I shouldn't have to create a really awkward phone situation out of it. They could just do the same thing and say they'll send it but not actually send it. As for my resolution I'll take Hillary Clinton's advice and do a chargeback and tell the bank that my order wasn't received in full and the company wasn't willing to resolve after communication. Thank you for the suggestions.

P.S. I usually have had great service from 7th Floor but businesses change over time. I'll let 7th Floor know that they have another opportunity to send me the pick before I perform a chargeback.

To address this: I did none of the above. Obviously I'm not trying to offend anyone. I simply stated the truth of the matter of what happened. There's nothing offensive about what I've written, nor is it blackmail. I'm not spamming, overstating anything, etc. The entire intent of my post is to ask for help based on the situation at hand. I don't even own a Silver-Surfer, I'm not even sure why you moved the post here.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but you can't deny that there are many products that this is relevant to than the Silver Surfer. If my post was put somewhere more relevant (as opposed to tossed into a less relevant shuffle of posts), for example, perhaps someone who has had poor experience with them in the past would see my post and could give me a specific person who works at 7th Floor who was helpful to them. It's not very often I see forums operate in the interest of businesses rather than the consumers. No users were expressing any offense to what I said from what I could see. I understand you need to have rules to prevent libel/slander and attacks that could simply be from competing businesses, but I think it's important for consumers to have an outlet regarding their experience with a business' customer service.

It feels (as in, in my opinion) less like you're asking for "opinions or critiques", but rather only asking for people to express their positive experiences with the businesses on this forum. I didn't just register on this forum to make this topic - I've been on this forum for a long time and have been using 7th Floor products for 5+ years. It's all in my post history.

First of all, another moderator moved your post here because this was considered the best place for it. 7th Floor no longer participates here but if they read FC, you can be sure this is one of the threads they watch. If anyone can help you then this is this most likely thread to find them.

Second, I didn't accuse you of doing anything of the sort. Someone (I won't name names) encouraged you to engage in a campaign on Facebook or Twitter and I posted to remind him and you that we do not allow that here.

Third, to characterize our policy as operating in the interest of businesses rather than consumers is both incorrect and unfair. If you've actually read the threads here then you will have seen plenty of complaints and dissatisfied customers. You seem to think that doesn't happen.

I think our policy is pretty clear: you get a fair chance to express your issue but we don't allow anyone to use FC to stage a campaign against a company in order to force them to give you satisfaction. If you feel that's business-friendly to the detriment of consumers then I don't know what to say. To me it seems quite fair. We didn't always have this policy and some people used FC to bash some companies to the extent that they refused to participate here. We don't allow members to bash each other so why should we make an exception to let people pick on commercial members? I'm pretty sure the number of people who have stated complaints and reached satisfactory conclusions under this policy numbers well into the hundreds.

Finally, another rule we have:
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
This is not to suppress disagreement with staff, it's to prevent clogging up the threads with disagreements over how the rules work—like this one.

Top Bottom