stickstones

Vapor concierge
I thought the SSV nail kit was a (TI?) nail that sits over/around the ceramic heating element?

The element directly heats the nail, and you dab directly on to the hot nail?

So I believe that would make it a conduction vape for concentrates, just like pretty much all other dabbing, just with really good temp control.
:2c:

After looking at a video I agree with you. So it is a convection vape but a conduction nail. Thanks for catching that!

wax

For anyone that has the oil kit , is the taste better than say a quartz nail? I know with butane dabbing you taste that butane do you taste anything associated with the heat need to vaporize the oils?

wax,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes It tastes better than a quartz nail as well (to me).. unless you have perfect timing and hit that dab at just that perfect second on the quartz.. which is hard to do.. and when you do, you remember that perfect flavor and timing.
it is pretty much a thought free process. read the details from more users at the thread where this all began:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/da-buddha-dab-kit-nail.8427/

Vitolo,
Reactions: grokit

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
that doesn't make sense :huh: . A longer air path means the vapor has more instance to travel from the vape to your lungs so the flavor would suffer more. I've had both and hands down for taste I go with the LSV. Can't pick on the ssv though it is a stellar vaporizer.

it just tastes cleaner and more smooth.
I don't know how else to describe it.
my friend thats tested it a few times as well agrees with me as well.
ymmv.

happy vaping!

New_World,

Sheppy

My VB mini wand came yesterday and this thing is great! My next accessory purchase will be a water tool of some sort, probably the D020 because of the price. I have 2 questions: will the tubing fit into the 18.8 mm or do I need to get a WPA? Also for those who use a water pipe, do you suggest shortening the tubing?

hoptimum

My VB mini wand came yesterday and this thing is great! My next accessory purchase will be a water tool of some sort, probably the D020 because of the price. I have 2 questions: will the tubing fit into the 18.8 mm or do I need to get a WPA? Also for those who use a water pipe, do you suggest shortening the tubing?

Get the WPA, it makes clearing your bubbler after hits a lot easier. You can buy them on dhgate when you order your D020. I use a shorter whip with a bubbler

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
The SSSV movie embedded for the lazy:

And a frame capture from the video of the new GG SGG HC:
7Tb4bCZ.jpg

0s9TCNR.jpg

And the bag system.

Looks like you hold a 18mm F/F adapter up to the SGG HC? That's it?

Last edited:

Vital

Please excuse my ignorance, but after searching the glossary of acronyms, and the Urban Dictionary I could not find F/F. Can someone please tell me what that stands for?

Thank You...

Vital,

mccrawly

Did anybody who ordered over the holiday get their items yet? I bought a 110 ssv and an oil kit and its been processing since thanksgiving. i got express shipping too. Im impatient i know. I hope they didn't run out of the "reclaimed" ssvs though.

mccrawly,

Alex43rd

Arizer Air
Hi everyone. Need your help on a nice vape. I've had in the past an Extreme Q and a Solo, but I stopped for legal reasons. Now that it's legal (medically) I've had my eye on "Air, Solo, Extreme Q, Life Saber, Silver Surfer and Buddah. I've been away from the seen and know there has been some changes to these and would appreciate your opinions on which is best for me. I'll vape at home but also love to walk around with it. I don't really want to have go get extra things either like I had to do with the solo I had. Please help I'm taking too many pain meds and need to get off of them.. Thanks!

Alex43rd,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You are in the right thread.
Since you are here in this thread (SSV thread).....
Measure for measure, The SSV (I use hand held wand with standard HC) can not be beaten for it's ability to do the job, and do it right..... with the versatility to go from tiny loads to large.
It will help you get off the pain meds, or reduce them to a tolerable level.

Alex43rd

Arizer Air
You are in the right thread.
Since you are here in this thread (SSV thread).....
Measure for measure, The SSV (I use hand held wand with standard HC) can not be beaten for it's ability to do the job, and do it right..... with the versatility to go from tiny loads to large.
It will help you get off the pain meds, or reduce them to a tolerable level.
Thank you so much!!

Alex43rd,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am pretty sure the lights shut off as well as dim.
The bag setup is nice. I like the way two pieces of glass lock it in place.
I must retract one part of the comment above.
A conversation with the creator has verified that the lights can NOT be dimmed....
...However, they can be shut off and left dark.

Vitolo,

Vital

Last edited:
Vital,

Sheppy

Did anybody who ordered over the holiday get their items yet? I bought a 110 ssv and an oil kit and its been processing since thanksgiving. i got express shipping too. Im impatient i know. I hope they didn't run out of the "reclaimed" ssvs though.
I only got accessories. I could see it being different if you bought a SSV, but my tracking info said it was supposed to be here last Friday, then didn't actually arrive until yesterday.

Sheppy,

*plainlazy*

hi guys need some help sorry if this has been covered somewhere on this thread but I have just received direct from 7th floor some new glass items. original oil diffuser (rate it and great price) a 18mm right angled bong adaptor (also rated worth getting one if u havnt got one) and finally a new standard glass heater cover.

the HC is the one thing I have an issue with. ive emailed 7th floor to see what thay can suggest.

the new heater cover is about 2mm taller than the old one and also sticks out about 3mm more than the old one.

so whats resulted is a longer heat up time. having to turn up the ssv to nearly max to get any sort of decent draw off it.

when I ordered I wasnt aware theyve changed the design? but its really effected the proformance of the ssv.

has anyone else had this problem any ideas to sort it out. or shall ask 7th floor to replace it? cant understand why they have changed it that much. also my hands free clip doesnt work with it no matter how I bend and shape it.

anyway I thought id attempt to attach a pic to show
thanks

https://flic.kr/p/q7q9nf

Vitolo

Vaporist
I will be totally honest.
The longer one looks better. It has a flatter seal around the base.
There is a chance you may be focused too much on it sticking out slightly farther... as that does not affect heatup time in any way. The only issue that would affect heatup would be if the new HC were not seated all the way against unit's base. Check that to be sure.
I have switched out a very substantial number of HCs for patients here, and I definitely have seen some that were longer in comparison to the original many times (and shorter too). The function is not changed by the HCs slight differences, unless cracked or not seated.

*plainlazy*

I will be totally honest.
The longer one looks better. It has a flatter seal around the base.
There is a chance you may be focused too much on it sticking out slightly farther... as that does not affect heatup time in any way. The only issue that would affect heatup would be if the new HC were not seated all the way against unit's base. Check that to be sure.
I have switched out a very substantial number of HCs for patients here, and I definitely have seen some that were longer in comparison to the original many times (and shorter too). The function is not changed by the HCs slight differences, unless cracked or not seated.

thanks for the reply vitolo. one thing ive noticed with heat up time is when I use the new HC and put the oil diffuser on top the wax melts quicker with the old one that the new. thats what I ment with heat up time (should of mentioned that sorry)

also I went back to the old heater cover last night and nearly combusted due to having to pull slower on the new one to get decent vapor and the old one is a faster draw.

ill try again with the new HC but im sure I pushed it all the way to the base correctly.
can you pull the ceramic rod up? or take the base off to release it some how?

im sure ive read some where people saying the height of the rod effects temp.

im now thinking im going mad vitolo lol.

I really like the new HC looks but im sure the proformance isnt as good.

*plainlazy*,
Top Bottom