THC

Daft Vapour
Neverender said:
Frickr said:
has anyone tried the fatty wands yet?? i seen them on the ssv sight, and they looked yummy! :brow: 5x the amount of room in the bowl as a standard wand! that just sounds like you wont be going anywhere for a while to me! anyone have any experiences with this yet?
Around the time they first came out, I picked one up. I used it about 10 times and went back to my normal ssv wands.

The ability to load a bigger bowl is kind of nice when sharing, but it never really produced any hits bigger than using a normal wand with the normal amount (without combustion, anyways), just more herb in the bowl so the bowl essentially lasts longer.

I also found them harder to find that "sweet spot" in temperature. You have to turn the temperature up some due to the larger bowl; it was like trying to figure out my baby all over again! :/;)

Its actually been a few months since I've tried it again though.... I guess I'll load one up when I get off and see if my thoughts are still the same.
Hi thought i would post a pic of my different size bowls the large sizes also allow room for the mix to be stirred auto by the airflow
IMG_2342.jpg

THC,

THC

Daft Vapour
max said:
do people find that they always have to hit the SSV fast or through a bong to get it to high enough temps to get every bit out of the herb.
:hmm: The faster the hit, the lower the temp. Using a bong shouldn't affect the temp, other than the tendency to hit it hard, which will also tend to give you a lower temp.
Sure obv but i find rather than with slower puling and a lower temp i find I get MUCH MORE blazed if i draw fast and have the SSV on at least 2:30 up to 3:15 with a zeroed knob Thanks for the info the bro

THC,

max

Out to lunch
I think you're just getting a higher temp overall-the boosted temp is more of an increase than your faster draw is a decrease. At that point a harder draw is giving you more vapor per hit as well. But the effect you get should be temp dependent, not the volume of vapor per hit. But whatever works for ya.

max,

THC

Daft Vapour
Yep I would have thought that you were right the colouration of the AVB is the same but unless I pull hard enough to get that weird whistling noise from the wand I don't get as satifing effect I was wondering if it was just me!lol I first noticed it using portables my Iolite and Oxygen min used to give me a bg body hi sometimes IMHO I think drawing this fast allows a hot air to pass through the herb (especially in the big bowls, it almost suspends the mix in the hot air helix) at a higher temp than would be possible with a lesser pull as it stops the mix from catching and maybe some how in the higher ends there was some sort of vape i was missing, but as you say you should be able to match temps with slow breathing and your right, the only thing i can think of is it does get even higher and it just appears to have the same result when i fact it maybe a 5 degrees (C) hotter as it is being super heated and super cooled and this releases a canaboid that wasn't getting released before. The only thing i can think of. Oh yea I notice it with Stavita based herb more than Indica based ones (thai stick is a good example)

I am getting a ir temp reader ill let you know!!! :)

Do you draw fast using the PD?

THC,

max

Out to lunch
Do you draw fast using the PD?
Sometimes, if it's packed tighter than usual. But the PD has the SS heat exchanger, which greatly helps to maintain a viable temp with a long, strong pull, or back to back hits.

max,

THC

Daft Vapour
Thanks for that Max why I ask as maybe this explains the PD's popularity maybe the same effect occurs because of the fast air flow, we may have discovered delta 10 thc lol!!!

THC,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Ash said:
AgentofChaos, The whole point with the SSV is sorta thst it isn't 'hands-free'. It's a higher level of involvement with the vape, another layer of ritual. If that's what you're after then go standard or spherical. If you wan't hands free go with the DBV.

:2c:
I agree and disagree. I definitely agree that most people buy the SSV because they want that level of involvement and in fact prefer it. However I disagree that it is the "whole point" of the unit itself, from what I read they are both great units, but people say the SSV produces bigger & better hits. Aside from that I also like the look and color options the SSV offers. I am gearing up to order one in the next few minutes, thinking orange on blue, like the one in the video on the silver surfer site, I am so pumped to get one and give my Iolite a breather.

AgentofChaos,

max

Out to lunch
AgentofChaos said:
people say the SSV produces bigger & better hits
Not really bigger and not necessarily better. It's the standard heater cover/wand that gives the Surfer a slightly different hit. The narrow opening in the standard HC puts a smaller diameter airstream into the bowl. It makes for a richer vapor hit with a good sized load of herb, but only bigger in that respect. The hands free HC/wand with the SSV makes the hits more like the DBV-a little less vapor rich, per hit, but more predictable. The predictability in turn makes it easier to fine tune your hits to get the maximum vapor per hit, if that's what you're looking for. Either style can deliver great hits-just a little bit differently. I've been happy with the standard setup, but if I had the GG as well, I'd switch to that part of the time, just for a change up in hits. And that IS just one aspect to consider - SSV vs. DBV. Ergonomics and looks can also be important- depends on the person. Ergonomics was #1 for me-standard connection and wand angle.

max,

Stoner19

Just your friendly neighbourhood reeferman!
Hello there eveyone, I was just wondering if anyone has got in contact with 7th floor lately by their e-mail. I e-mailed them on the 11th and 12th of Feb regarding two different questions. Getting no responce I -email them a week later (18th) and said to them that I e-mailed them getting no responce and if they could e-mail me back whenever possible that would be great. So a week later and no responce. It's been 2 weeks and they haven't gotten back to me. Now I'm not saying they have bad customer service or anything because I recently purchased and IC and Custom wand from them and they shipped it pronto, but I was just wondering whats going on? Any input would be greatley appreciated. Thank you!

Stoner19,

lwien

Stoner19 said:
Hello there eveyone, I was just wondering if anyone has got in contact with 7th floor lately by their e-mail. I e-mailed them on the 11th and 12th of Feb regarding two different questions. Getting no responce I -email them a week later (18th) and said to them that I e-mailed them getting no responce and if they could e-mail me back whenever possible that would be great. So a week later and no responce. It's been 2 weeks and they haven't gotten back to me. Now I'm not saying they have bad customer service or anything because I recently purchased and IC and Custom wand from them and they shipped it pronto, but I was just wondering whats going on? Any input would be greatley appreciated. Thank you!
You're not alone. They've had real issues in the communications department for over a year now, especially when it comes to email responses. We first thought it was growing pains, but being that this problem has been going on for so long, it sure seems to be more systemic than just growing pains. Most people have more luck by calling them.

lwien,

smoking Joe

Stoner19 said:
best to give them a call. No problem they do answer the phone. emails take forever!!

smoking Joe,

THC

Daft Vapour
Thought people might like to compare all the bowl sizes i Know of that 7th Floor do other than their new gg spherical
web.jpg

Each one has its pros and cons its really up to personal taste also some bowls I find work better for some herb/solid than others just as they can all be used with bongs but behave all very differently , there is even a difference between the smooth glass standard and the smooth glass standard customised, not that any are better (in fact the bowl is identical dimensions for both wands) its just the air flow is different because of the wand's body shape. Also you can use a big bowl but you don't have to fill it! (but u can:)
FYI The bowls are called from left to right first is gg standard wand with the gg wand's standard bowl, smooth glass custom wand with standard bowl, smooth glass standard wand, with standard bowl :/ custom wand with what they described on their web site as a 'party' bowl (this is one of my favs v good size I find), another standard smooth glass with what they described as a 'hybrid' bowl and finally there is their standard smooth wand with their 'fatty' bowl. A happy & very adaptable wand family :)

THC,

THC

Daft Vapour
smoking Joe said:
Stoner19 said:
best to give them a call. No problem they do answer the phone. emails take forever!!
Also they have just replaced a member of their customer services team, Tawni has been replaced by a new guy called Richard who seems a nice guy and actually replies to 95% of mail! ;)

THC,

THC

Daft Vapour
opiate alkaloid apparently vapes at 80'c I was wondering if anyone had been administered a gaseous form of opium or morphine (pref opium, which I have heard of being used in knock out grenades) I would just be interested from a medical/scientific standpoint as I work with addicts in harm reduction u never know.. Thanx

THC,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Well I bought the SSV last Friday so hopefully I receive it this week, I went with the standard glass w/ the hands-free attachment so I can try both methods. Once I receive the unit and break it in a little, I will post some pics and my initial thoughts.

AgentofChaos,

Kush Vapez

Well i got the GG connection... and ive used the standard connection before. To be honest, I don't notice much of a difference between the two. Well, other then the gg you just place and hit if you want, and the standard you have to hold it up tight to the heat cover. GG takes a bit more stirring but you still get great delivery from it, where as you can just twirl the standard and it takes lightly less stirring. Having said that, I am sort of glad i got the GG. Makes parties easier, i can talk on the phone while i hit. I do stir pretty much after every hit, but the place and hold is nice. I love this thing. I have been off combustion for about a month now. Just my iolite and ssv. Love them both.

Was wondering if someone could tell me where I can get some new tubing for my SSV though? Don't want to order from the company or any place online for that matter. My SSV came with a really crappy tube, I guess it was from being rolled up so long.. but i have a kink like every 3 inches on my tubing, and I just know thats restricting my pull, but probably making it tighter.

I was thinking fish store? I have a few fish tanks, and on my syphon i noticed that the tubing on it was the same size as my ssv's.

Thanks guys.

Kush Vapez,

Frickr

any food grade tubing should work for you just fine. i guess i dont mind the tubing that 7th floor offers. i just picked up 10 feet of it for 7.50 so pretty resonable.

further on the ground glass vrs standard. i find that the ground glass bowls last longer. where as the concentrated airstream of the standard, makes for a higher vapor to air ratio, and extracts everything sooner. both have their positives and negitives. i like the hands free when guests are over, because the hits are a little easier to control, and a little more forgiving on the draw speed vrs, the standard which i like to use when its just me. as i like to take a hit and just put it down for a little while, a bowl may last me a half hour. and i just dont feel that the ground glass would be good for this application.

Frickr,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
7th Floor called me today to inform me the orange cleaning solution I ordered is out of stock and wanted to know if I wanted a refund or to replace it with something for around the same price. I was initially concerned about their customer service but all my worries were put to rest today. They were helpful, friendly, and even gave me an estimated time of arrival, I am really glad I ordered directly from them! The unit will be here Fri. just in time for the weekend! Pics and reviews to follow...

AgentofChaos,

Xero

I have ordered from 7th floor 3 times and only have one complaint. They shorted my bag. I ordered an ounce of scented wax and I got a half ounce. No big deal. Everything has arrived fine (no broken glass). Not everyone posts about good experiences with them or non-broken glass arriving etc.

Xero,
G

Kush Vapez said:
Well i got the GG connection... and ive used the standard connection before. To be honest, I don't notice much of a difference between the two. Well, other then the gg you just place and hit if you want, and the standard you have to hold it up tight to the heat cover. GG takes a bit more stirring but you still get great delivery from it, where as you can just twirl the standard and it takes lightly less stirring. Having said that, I am sort of glad i got the GG. Makes parties easier, i can talk on the phone while i hit. I do stir pretty much after every hit, but the place and hold is nice. I love this thing. I have been off combustion for about a month now. Just my iolite and ssv. Love them both.

Was wondering if someone could tell me where I can get some new tubing for my SSV though? Don't want to order from the company or any place online for that matter. My SSV came with a really crappy tube, I guess it was from being rolled up so long.. but i have a kink like every 3 inches on my tubing, and I just know thats restricting my pull, but probably making it tighter.

I was thinking fish store? I have a few fish tanks, and on my syphon i noticed that the tubing on it was the same size as my ssv's.

Thanks guys.
Home Depot has clear vinyl tubing. I think its 4 bux for 10 feet...

You do realize that should you ever want to switch to standard...you can. All you need do is buy a standard heater cover and wand...That way you can have the best of both worlds. :)

Guest,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
i got my SSV friday afternoon and i really cannot find a way to express the amount of love i have for this thing....my life has dramatically improved because of this small and glorious unit. i was incredibly satisfied with the shipping time (5 days from CO to IL.) the bag is pretty cool and when i opened it i was more than thrilled...the craftsmanship, size, and colors are prefect (i went w/ orange and blue) actually my base was more navy blue which turned out awesome. right when i got home from work i cranked it full blast for about 5-7 min. then took my first rip. it was more fantastic than i thought it would be, when they say "mind numbing hits" its no joke, pure bliss. so far my only complaint is the hands-free attachment, i cannot get it to work. it came with 2 small plastic end caps, not sure if thats for my standard model or not but it doesnt let the wand sit against the heater cover - might have to call 7th floor to double check. i am in the enjoyable learning stage and so far i feel pretty proud, no combustion, HUGE milky hits, and [knock on wood] no material in the heater cover. 7th floor was fantastic and will be ordering many more times from them in the future, my unit is perfect and im totally happy with the colors, and the results are miles ahead of what i thought, now i know what ive been missing only owning an iolite. i will be celebrating owning an SSV w/ some sour diesel!!! here are some pics, once again i apologize for the iPhone quality:

ssvwand.jpg

ssv.jpg

lovezs.jpg

AgentofChaos,
AgentofChaos, you might have to bend the attachment a little to get it to fit right. I know that on mine I had to. And you are right about those ssv hits! They can give quite the punch, and will get you "there" quick. I am glad that you are as happy with your surfer, as I am with mine. Toke on!

SkeletonLips,

Stoner19

Just your friendly neighbourhood reeferman!
lwien said:
Stoner19 said:
You're not alone. They've had real issues in the communications department for over a year now, especially when it comes to email responses. We first thought it was growing pains, but being that this problem has been going on for so long, it sure seems to be more systemic than just growing pains. Most people have more luck by calling them.
Ok. Thanks for the responce....Calling them from Canada might be a bit expensive, so I'll just ask the question on here. When I bought my SSV last year I got a custom space marble heater cover. I noticed it had a crack in it like maby 4 months after I got it, and now I think the crack might be getting bigger. I was wondering if anyone might no what could be causing that. I thought it might be because sometimes I open my window and its like snowing here so the cold air breezing by the hot heater cover might make it crack so I stopped opening the window when the SSV is on. Not too sure though. If anyone has any ideas that would be awsome. Thanks everyone!

Stoner19,
Top Bottom