• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

hoptimum

I own them both and love them both equally.
I almost always use water with both as well.

the SSV though water taste much cleaner vs the LSV, which may be because of the longer vapor path.
BUT i usually use the LSV because it has less parts to deal with. (still is great)
I use the LSV with the WPA.

for this sale price i say..........get both.

don't forget a WPA or extra tubing.

I thought the LSV might be awkward before I found you can take off the cap and screw it back, onto the top of the wpa, and it swivels. Are you using the longer or shorter wpa? I've got more miles with the SSV and it has never disappointed, but I like the wide open draw on the LSV inverted on a bubbler as a fun counterpoint. To me it hits a little like the Cloud. Youre also right that the LSV sets up faster, just about as fast as the HI, for a quick session.

hoptimum,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
for this sale price i say..........get both.

But I really want to try the Lotus too. :evil:

I had myself talked out of the LSV and then your review pulls me right back in.

I like the wide open draw on the LSV inverted on a bubbler as a fun counterpoint. To me it hits a little like the Cloud.

Really? The LSV has a more wide open draw than the SSV? I thought the SSV was pretty damn good.

Maybe I should take the opportunity to get a nice worked SSV wand, I think that it would enhance my SSV sessions. Been :love: the SSV lately, glad to see this thread with some activity, :rockon::tup::clap:

Tweak,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
If you are only planning to use it for flower I would go LSV. If you want to use flower as well as have an awesome home oil vape, the SSV with oil kit is the way to go IMO. Can't go wrong either way IMO.

Gonzo,

Bat Norman

But I really want to try the Lotus too. :evil:
On the lotus website:
Black Friday sale from midnight Thursday till midnight Sunday, Stay tuned!

Can't go wrong either way IMO.

I know, I love my SSV, but I have wanted to try the LSV for a while.
Then again a second SSV would be nice, one in the bedroom and one in the lounge.
But I vape-bong, and mainly flowers so...:huh:.

Bat Norman,
Reactions: Tweak

*plainlazy*

being thats its now come down tuesday....... anyone take advantage of the black friday/cyber monday prices at 7th floor? what u get or order?

*plainlazy*,
Reactions: Clunis

*plainlazy*

I had a lsv and sold it im not a fan.
ssv all the way.

dont get e nano over in the uk. looks like a nice vape though. like the wood and seems to have glas parts..... always a good thing

*plainlazy*,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Have fun
The tubing will serve you well, and you will never regret it.
Some find the wax melts a bit overpowering in their scent.. if this is the case for you, try using 100% pure essential oils (scents of your choice.. lavender etc)
Aromatops are wonderful!
DSC01150.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

*plainlazy*

im awaiting an order from 7th floor didnt order over black friday weekend but got a few bits that would cost a lot more in this country (uk) even with a bit of import tax.

got the blue original aroma top 7 dollars over here they are 25 gbp!!
got a new standard heater cover in dark blue and dark green and 18mm black right angled bong adaptor.

I did want the new type heater cover (tension clip) but you need a mod kit that 7th floor wouldn't send me to try d.i.y u have to send them the ssv. which from uk would be pricey.
so standard heater cover shim style. my current one has a crack init so needs replacing.

my vb mini wand whip kit turned up this morning I cant wait to try it. gonna try and make those basket gauzes like the e nano guys sell to try for even smaller loads.

anyone got the mini wand from 7th floor? just wondered how it compares to vb version

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Ok guys...feel free to bitch slap me for this one because I haven't been in this thread in a long time and I have a question. Are any of you using the SSV for oils and waxes using the heater cover made for it with the nail? I'm curious as to how well this system works.

stickstones,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I retired my nail and torch about 3 months ago after getting the SSV with oil kit. Totally worth it IMO, I leave it on and it's always ready to go for a quick dab. Great flavor too :tup:

Gonzo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have used it.
I like it better installed on the DBV.
The systems are the same, except with then SSV the "nail" sits at an angle.
That did not change the performance, I was just more comfortable with the nail being level.
All other components of glass are blown to create a level experience.
The system itself is a fun and easy dab method, and a clean system at that.
It is easily paired with water.

Vitolo,

*plainlazy*

+vb mini wand whip kit used with ssv and +1 vaporwarehouse, turned up very quickly to uk great price great little wand.
need to make some enano type basket gauzes for it to try for smaller loads.

anyone had luck making their own? what mm gauze did you use because the standard ssv wand gauzes I couldnt make them work.
any tips greatly appreciated.

cant wait for my order from 7th floor.

*plainlazy*,
Reactions: hoptimum

Mrmrmrmr

I own them both and love them both equally.
I almost always use water with both as well.

the SSV though water taste much cleaner vs the LSV, which may be because of the longer vapor path.
that doesn't make sense :huh: . A longer air path means the vapor has more instance to travel from the vape to your lungs so the flavor would suffer more. I've had both and hands down for taste I go with the LSV. Can't pick on the ssv though it is a stellar vaporizer.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I retired my nail and torch about 3 months ago after getting the SSV with oil kit. Totally worth it IMO, I leave it on and it's always ready to go for a quick dab. Great flavor too :tup:

I have used it.
I like it better installed on the DBV.
The systems are the same, except with then SSV the "nail" sits at an angle.
That did not change the performance, I was just more comfortable with the nail being level.
All other components of glass are blown to create a level experience.
The system itself is a fun and easy dab method, and a clean system at that.
It is easily paired with water.

Thanks, guys! I've never done concentrates except with the O-Phos, so I have other newbie-ish questions, if you don't mind.

Is this rig tastier and more efficient than using a torch and nail? Have either of you had a chance to compare it to using the VXNail?

stickstones,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
As Vitolo said, I find it tastier than a torch and nail once I get the specific temperature I need. The temperature is extremely easy to control.

I also find that depending on the concentrate I use I will adjust the temp position to lock in the flavor I want.

For example, the last couple of weeks I have been dabbing a Grape Ape shatter that produced best at around the 1 o'clock position. This week I got some Cherry Ewok shatter that just wouldn't dab right at 1 o'clock. Had to turn the dial up to just before the 3 o'clock position. Great flavor and smooth hits :tup:

*Edit*

I have never tried the VXNail either.

Gonzo,
Reactions: Vitolo

stickstones

Vapor concierge
With the ssv being 110 and how ever much the dabbing setup for the ssv is.. That's decent priced option for tasty dabbing without butane.hmmm

That's what I'm thinking. The SSV with oil kit retails for $370. For that price you get a heavy hitting vape for flowers, a convection vape for your concentrates, and all with a unit that should last for years and is cheap to repair if it doesn't. I don't see the downside, except that I haven't tried it! You get the same thing with the DBV but for $100 less. I'm gonna swing for this next week if I get the concentrates I want this weekend, but I'm excited to see what it is like. I just got some VXNails in as well, so if I go that far I will be able to compare the performance of the two.

grokit

well-worn member
I have the oil kit with the ssv, I don't mind the angle because I can drop the material on the high end, and if it and doesn't instantly vaporize 100% the excess will tend to go "downhill" and stay in contact with the hot surface rather than puddling up in the middle. All I've used it for so far is wand hash and sublimate, I think it would be even better with oil/wax/shatter etc. Hopefully I'll get to try these someday soon :)

grokit,
Reactions: Tweak

Mrmrmrmr

That's what I'm thinking. The SSV with oil kit retails for $370. For that price you get a heavy hitting vape for flowers, a convection vape for your concentrates, and all with a unit that should last for years and is cheap to repair if it doesn't. I don't see the downside, except that I haven't tried it! You get the same thing with the DBV but for $100 less. I'm gonna swing for this next week if I get the concentrates I want this weekend, but I'm excited to see what it is like. I just got some VXNails in as well, so if I go that far I will be able to compare the performance of the two.
Well with the ssv at 110 currently and the oil kit at $80, it only costs $190 !

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
a convection vape for your concentrates...

I thought the SSV nail kit was a (TI?) nail that sits over/around the ceramic heating element?

The element directly heats the nail, and you dab directly on to the hot nail?

So I believe that would make it a conduction vape for concentrates, just like pretty much all other dabbing, just with really good temp control.
:2c:

Top Bottom